• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Everything keeps taking longer. I'm losing brain cells. It reeks of cigarette stench out here and now I do, too.

I'm losing brain cells from that guy in the Rosalina MU thread, too.
No! I need you in top condition! Pull out of there and get Metroid Prime Trilogy for $10
I don't want anything bad to happen for you
Errrrrmm
Bahahahaha! You would be no fun to destroy if you were already dead!

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
I wanna break a dining room table over his head. Then I rip off his arm, and I shove it where the sun don't shine. Then I reach down his throat and shake his hand.
Have a Snickers

You're not yourself when you're hungry

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
No! I need you in top condition! Pull out of there and get Metroid Prime Trilogy for $10
I don't want anything bad to happen for you
Errrrrmm
Bahahahaha! YOu would be no fun to destroy if you were already dead!
If I sit closer to the wax burner I might survive. The smell.. ugh.

I mean--

I'm strong I'll survive, what doesn't kill you gives you cancer makes you stronger! :mad:

Pre-Post Edit: THE PRINTER DRIVER FINISHED DOWNLOADING. I MAY BE OUT OF HERE SOON YET.

Also @ Macchiato Macchiato need a moment, too?

Latte

Smash Ace
A quick question: when you're unable to play Smash with a pal, what's the best way to train a character? I find CPUs aren't "human" enough to train against, so should I train on FG?
Oh thank yew sis im back

#coffeepals
No problem, gurl.

#coffeepals

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
NOOOOPE. I CAN'T HEAAAAAAR YOUUUUU. NOOOOOOOOPE. NOT AT ALLLLLLL. LALALALALALA.

DUDE. >__>

Been a while, though. Expect some likespam later on. Giving a fair warning nao.
Really? How about this? Listen, listen to the Goddess speak. :p

I wanna break a dining room table over his head. Then I rip off his arm, and I shove it where the sun don't shine. Then I reach down his throat and shake his hand.
We. Warned. You. Just leave the poor soul to his demise.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Space Pirate Lab in PD was frightening the first time I played it. Invisible Space Pirates, Metroids in the dark... 3spooky5me

Lozjam

Smash Champion
If I sit closer to the wax burner I might survive. The smell.. ugh.

I mean--

I'm strong I'll survive, what doesn't kill you gives you cancer makes you stronger! :mad:

Pre-Post Edit: THE PRINTER DRIVER FINISHED DOWNLOADING. I MAY BE OUT OF HERE SOON YET.

Also @ Macchiato Macchiato need a moment, too?
Good, now go home, and go buy Metroid Prime Trilogy for $10, so samus may rock your body like she has mine.

Now for a real ultimatum..... Should I spend a little more time with Metroid Prime Samus, or my girlfriend..... Hmmm. These are some tough decisions.....
:samus:
Or
:secretkpop:
:troll:

Latte

Smash Ace
@ Farorae Farorae Your last like on my post was my 777th like. If you're feeling extra lucky tomorrow, it's probably because of me

EDIT: My grammar is depressingly bad right now

I'm no longer pure, I got a infraction point because I posted a gif in the Rosie MU thread lol
This post made me laugh a lot more than it should have

That really does suck, though

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Good, now go home, and go buy Metroid Prime Trilogy for $10, so samus may rock your body like she has mine.

Now for a real ultimatum..... Should I spend a little more time with Metroid Prime Samus, or my girlfriend..... Hmmm. These are some tough decisions.....
:samus:
Or
:secretkpop:
:troll:
I've been wondering what would happen if people who knew you irl found you out on Smashboards. You say some pretty sexy kinky, menacing stuff here. I'd be pretty creeped out myself.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I've been wondering what would happen if people who knew you irl found you out on Smashboards. You say some pretty sexy kinky, menacing stuff here. I'd be pretty creeped out myself.
BAHAHAHA
I usually act like this in real life, albeit only in casual situations. So my friends, and my girlfriend would not be surprised one bit. Plus they know I am joking most of the time
There is never, ever, a dull moment with me irl. I am, interesting to say the least.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I am never going to understand how to beat Captain Falcons

I swear that dash attack beats everything

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I am never going to understand how to beat Captain Falcons

I swear that dash attack beats everything
And this is against who? I find Captain Falcons to be a bit predictable, but then again... For Glory. :p

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
And this is against who? I find Captain Falcons to be a bit predictable, but then again... For Glory. :p
Playing as Rosalina, of course.

If I shield, Luma probably dies or I leave myself vulnerable to their second favorite approach of dash grab. His dash attack beats her jab, ftilt, sh bair, and I think dtilt even with Luma. I guess usmash might work? idk

I don't feel like this matchup should be as hard as it is for me (same with Sonic), I'm just having problems finding what in her kit is supposed to stop his approach properly.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
His dash attack beats her jab, ftilt, sh bair, and I think dtilt even with Luma. I guess usmash might work? idk
From a purely data perspective... shouldn't it just clash? Or does it have that weird property like Palutena's tilts?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
From a purely data perspective... shouldn't it just clash? Or does it have that weird property like Palutena's tilts?
It doesn't have that property. Luma seems to just get hit out of the way and then I get hit too. Sometimes it clashes, but resetting the situation doesn't do much when his jab outspeeds mine (Falcon's rapid jab also notably hits even a fresh Luma about 2/3 the distance of FD, so even if I shield it and grab Luma's probably dead).

Maybe it's just wifi making things harder than they should be and I'm not timing my hits right. I should save a replay against the next good falcon I fight.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@ Rickster Rickster GG and thanks for playing me <3 You have a really good Zelda. Any tips on how to improve mine?

Approaching in Zelda dittos is just LOL
Hmm..I'm not really good at this sort of thing. Maybe spotdodge less? Someone who's actually good could capitalize on that. I tried to with a Farore's, but my timing was off, lol. Maybe recover on the ledge more, since fast chars could get to you in your end lag.

That's all I really got....I'm bad at this.

EDIT: I know I have a spotdodge problem haha.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Playing as Rosalina, of course.

If I shield, Luma probably dies or I leave myself vulnerable to their second favorite approach of dash grab. His dash attack beats her jab, ftilt, sh bair, and I think dtilt even with Luma. I guess usmash might work? idk

I don't feel like this matchup should be as hard as it is for me (same with Sonic), I'm just having problems finding what in her kit is supposed to stop his approach properly.
When stuff like this happens, I watch videos of the matchup and as- actually, considering what happened at the Rosalina MU thread avoid it for a bit even though a Captain Falcon discussion might be starting soon.

Links to videos: Chusday (R&L) vs. Blur (CF): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YXvPVlGOH4.

Mr. R. (CF) vs. Dabuz (R&L): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3b1zKpP9F8.

Ethan T (R&L) vs. Lewis (CF): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKMrFEl__SI.

If anything, don't rushdown and try to keep calm while fighting. Once you lose your nerve and get sloppy, then you're going to lose. Also, what category would Rosalina fall under? I know Captain Falcon's a rushdowner.

Sort of related: I don't like how everyone and their mom uses Captain Falcon's golden alt.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Sort of related: I don't like how everyone and their mom uses Captain Falcon's golden alt.
Huh, I usually either see pink or the Blood Falcon palette.

And I fight a lot of Falcons.

Thanks for digging up some matches, I'll check these out.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Ragequit helping my mom with her laptop.

I downloaded and installed the drivers for her printer and installed it properly (mind you her laptop is one of those bizarro new ones that for some reason was manufactured without the DVD drive, seriously why are they doing that??), everything was working fine, then it told me I had to reboot for the change in settings to take effect, and so I did. Restarted the laptop, got past her login, blank screen. No desktop, no start menu, I can move the cursor and use ctrl+alt+del to lock the screen and shut down/restart, did that several times to no avail. Finally just held shift while restarting to bring up recovery options, selected refresh w/o losing files, and left the den grumbling.

I've been at this for three hours, I'm completely frustrated and out of patience. I don't lose patience often. :mad088:
Back in my room now where I can actually breathe.

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
Really? How about this? Listen, listen to the Goddess speak. :p

We. Warned. You. Just leave the poor soul to his demise.
>__> Has anyone told you that you're a cruel, cru-----------
I sense waifu wars.

Hi @ kaazers kaazers , IDK you, but hi. :^)
.......Has anyone told you that you're a cruel, cru---- /shot

Now, excuse me as I HNNNNNNNNG into next week after all dis Lightning...

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
>__> Has anyone told you that you're a cruel, cru-----------

.......Has anyone told you that you're a cruel, cru---- /shot

Now, excuse me as I HNNNNNNNNG into next week after all dis Lightning...
At least they're not cute gifs.

Everyone get the cute gifs. STAT.

Edit: Wow, seeing this old avatar really is giving me nostalgia. Plus I'm fairly certain I've used this text color before on another old avatar.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Macchiato Macchiato Don't rage over that guy, kiddo. He's not worth it. I would say he wasn't even worth your playtime, but it was fun to have him go "THIS DOESN'T PROVE ANYTHING" after being owned :D. You gained some good points of respect from me after losing a trillion when you had your Lucina phase :p

A quick question: when you're unable to play Smash with a pal, what's the best way to train a character? I find CPUs aren't "human" enough to train against, so should I train on FG?
Play us :p.

Top Bottom