• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The Falco boards MU threads are more like opinions and discussions, so we don't get a lot of numbers... That or it's because the boards are a desolate wasteland. :sadeyes:
I think numbers are a little questionable/arbitrary at this point in time anyway but whatever. I can see why people would want them so I don't really nitpick over it.

"waifu" still sounds something from the feet to me.
I don't think Rosa has bad matchups either.
I think of it as "why fu", a form of martial art relating to eyeroll-worthy activities.
It isn't wrong.

imo she loses to Pikachu and Diddy convincingly and slightly to Sheik, Falcon, and Yoshi. I hear mixed things about Falcon and Yoshi though so I'm not sure what to think there. Also not really sure how to deal with Sonic because his priority is just dumb (why does spindash clank fsmash?????)

Pikachu and other shorties are annoying because her jab and landing aerials whiff them, at any rate.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Hey zelda mains idk if this is thread for this or not but has any one tried her perfect pivot options. Perfect pivot up smash almost feels like we have brawl up smash again :D
Someone's going to have to explain the appeal to perfect pivot smashes to me.

Why pp usmash when you can (turnaround) jump cancel usmash? Why pp fsmash when you can pivot or stutterstep fsmash?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Someone's going to have to explain the appeal to perfect pivot smashes to me.

Why pp usmash when you can (turnaround) jump cancel usmash? Why pp fsmash when you can pivot or stutterstep fsmash?
Style points? :shades:

Last edited:

Soul.

I think numbers are a little questionable/arbitrary at this point in time anyway but whatever. I can see why people would want them so I don't really nitpick over it.

I think of it as "why fu", a form of martial art relating to eyeroll-worthy activities.
It isn't wrong.

imo she loses to Pikachu and Diddy convincingly and slightly to Sheik, Falcon, and Yoshi. I hear mixed things about Falcon and Yoshi though so I'm not sure what to think there. Also not really sure how to deal with Sonic because his priority is just dumb (why does spindash clank fsmash?????)

Pikachu and other shorties are annoying because her jab and landing aerials whiff them, at any rate.
I know lol. I still think the word sounds like something from the feet.

And about Pika vs. Rosa, I guess. She still has Luma and stuff. You have to respect her moves and uhh, yeah, that's really it.
Pretty much KO Luma and then go in against her and punish.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Maybe I should be relieved there's no Zelda gameplay at Apex yet, cause the Greninja ones alone are making me clench my fists and yell at my computer screen, it's kinda hilarious...
From what I heard, there were only 2 Falcos at Apex and only one of them was a main; the other was Keitaro who won a match against a Yoshi, lost a match, and switched to Diddy to finish the set. The other dude who I never got a name just straight up lost. 2... 2!!! 2 FALCOS!!! WTF?!! I WAS RIGHT, DAMN IT! OUT OF HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE.... HUNDREDS!!! AND 2 FALCOS!!! I COULD GET MORE BIRD MEAT AT KFC!!! ARIOHFOE:HIEG *gets dragged off to be sedated*

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So guys, may I ask your oppinion.
So I have $10 for the Nintendo eShop.
On my Wii U, I have, Metroild Prime Trilogy, Super Metroid, Pikmin 3, Shovel Knight, and Minish Cap from the Eshop. What else should I get?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
With how fast that poor penguin went flying off the bottom of Town & City I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

---

why is someone posting in the competitive impressions thread about losing to lv9 CPUs

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
With how fast that poor penguin went flying off the bottom of Town & City I'm pretty sure the answer is no.
Aww... I thought Triple D would be a squishy penguin because of how fat he is... Then again, whenever he slaps his belly, it sounds like a drum... Yeah...

The more I think about it, the more I think I have more in common with Daffy Duck, especially with my rages.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
@ Macchiato Macchiato , Macchiato, Macchy, come back to us. Just stop trying to talk with him... Just drop it... Drop It Like It's Hot. :p

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Because Macchiato couldn't convince us that Zelda has good MUs against top tiers and the fact that the character herself is mid tier, he's taking all of that on the troll who's probably a LOT worse in skill level than him. Easy prey. :p

I swear, if that MahrioSanik guy actually takes my MU numbers in consideration, I shall hereby call Rosalina DENSELINA from now on. :^)

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Because Macchiato couldn't convince us that Zelda has good MUs against top tiers and the fact that the character herself is mid tier, he's taking all of that on the troll who's probably a LOT worse in skill level than him. Easy prey. :p
I'm not done convincing yew gorls either

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
OH. MY. ZELDA. Read this award winning comment from the Character Competitive Impressions thread.
Love it 'cuz Zelda didn't even make the list. xD
I checked the list three times looking for her, LOL.
Probably yes, but the reason is bad imo, because she's practically the worst iteration in every way aside from ha kicks and Dsmash. (maybe) @Aleate is the strongest believer in Melee Zelda being the best iteration. I see them as roughly equal in viability.
Imo if we take out all the BS and impossible MUs and just look at how Zelda was built...
Worst: Melee Zelda - 3 moves.
Middle: Brawl Zelda - Really strong but Brawl's mechanics ruined her.
Best: Smash 4 Zelda - Weaker power, but a bit faster with some combo game and the game mechanics don't kill her.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
OMG my dad got me a graphics tablet!!!!1! (SO HYPE :D) He ordered it online and it's not coming until Thursday. (slightly less hype ;-; )

Either way, WATCH OUT INTERNET, MY ARTISTIC MEDIOCRITY IS COMING FOR YOU. When Robin gets the smash ball.

Also, what's so great about Melee Zelda's Lightning Kicks?

And, why not call her Denselina now?:4pacman:

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
yes against :4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4link::4mario::4megaman::4olimar::4palutena::4rob::4robinm::rosalina::4samus:

Me waiting for the hate comments like
Well the only ones I'm really questioning are Bowser, Bowser Jr., DK, Olimar, and most of all...

CAPTAIN. FALCON. This MU is awful in my experience.
Everyone else I'm unsure about.

Last edited:

Soul.

Well the only ones I'm really questioning are Bowser, Bowser Jr., DK, Olimar, and most of all...

If she's bad against Falcon then don't worry, she can beat Ganon. Canon matches. :troll:

Latte

Smash Ace
OMG my dad got me a graphics tablet!!!!1! (SO HYPE :D) He ordered it online and it's not coming until Thursday. (slightly less hype ;-; )

Either way, WATCH OUT INTERNET, MY ARTISTIC MEDIOCRITY IS COMING FOR YOU. When Robin gets the smash ball.

Also, what's so great about Melee Zelda's Lightning Kicks?

And, why not call her Denselina now?:4pacman:
Congrats! I remember being extremely excited when I got my first graphic tablet. Which one did you get? I use a Wacom Bamboo Splash.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
If she's bad against Falcon then don't worry, she can beat Ganon. Canon matches. :troll:

what are you even talki---
LOL she "beats" Falcon.
In my experience hes super easy to combo and once again easy to lightning kick

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Macchiato be making that Zelda MU chart like

Top Bottom