• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

@ Lavani Lavani is the thing on neutral B really a windbox? I've never been sure if it was that or if it was just Rosalina's model pushing the other character away and I've never bothered to check mastercore

Anyway speaking of windbox disrespect watering can gimps are pretty top shelf in that department

also nice MSPA gif, nerd

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You're right, its a COOL idea

im thinking if I cook up some fresh new memes itll help. we cant live on stale memes like murderous child villager xD
I mean maybe it's a good thing a forum full of serial killers doesn't post much.

IsmaR please
Villager Scout Cookies Avi.png

Soul.

Huh, I would've thought Pikachu would love Battlefield for platforms to QAC with. I guess he doesn't gain as much from platforms as his opponent does though?

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer I noticed Ganondorf's Flame Chain and Robin's Firewall customs have 0% unblockable hits at the start of their active frames. Do these force shield drops so the rest of the attack can hit?

I get the feeling Flame Chain's are just windboxes, but Firewall's have no knockback values and an SDI modifier so...
Pika does benefit from platforms because of QAC shenanigans like you said. UAir strings are more common with platforms as well, but ehhh... I just think it's a meh stage.
Projectile characters and easy mode Ninja (Sheik) get the upper hand because of platforms. The latter with sweetspot usmash below one. Pika needs to approach in BF, basically.

Pikachu has better stages to play on; Battlefield is not one of them.

Also Skype is a 100% bad idea. Leaves the boards desolate.

I mean maybe it's a good thing a forum full of serial killers doesn't post much.
****ing

Yes it is.

ty

why is homestuck already on another gigapause
Oh, the next gigapause already began? I think last I read John got his **** kicked in by Terezi

Also Skype is a 100% bad idea. Leaves the boards desolate.
In my defence the social was already pretty dead to begin with

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Boards that were already desolate don't even get the luxury of a Skype group.

Even in Brawl days, the most the Samus boards ever had was a XAT chat that no one was ever on in at the same time.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Boards that were already desolate don't even get the luxury of a Skype group.

Even in Brawl days, the most the Samus boards ever had was a XAT chat that no one was ever on in at the same time.
That's more amusing than it should be.

The Link boards still use XAT and it's like,

way to be stuck in 2007 guys

Soul.

In my defence the social was already pretty dead to begin with
If you want to see dead look at the Pikachu social thread I made lel. I'm like the only user who checks the subforum daily.

I don't join most Skype groups because they are not my cup of tea.
I pretty much have a lack of interest in them.

Yeeeeep.

Last update was 1/19, isn't updating again until 4/13

-every not-Zelda social ever
Reading the few pages I missed now and I'm so confused (AGAIN. FOR LIKE THE MILLIONTH TIME)

is the mystery person supposed to be john when were the curtains closed on him and whend/howd he get written back in

also Egbert Punch is pretty OP holy ****

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Reading the few pages I missed now and I'm so confused (AGAIN. FOR LIKE THE MILLIONTH TIME)

is the mystery person supposed to be john when were the curtains closed on him and whend/howd he get written back in

also Egbert Punch is pretty OP holy ****
My memory is so bad I'd have to go back and reread to give an answer I can actually be confident is accurate

iirc the tl;dr of that whole sequence was Terezi led John on a sequence of retcon magic powered events to make sure Vriska didn't die since she's brokenly powerful and stuff (could solo jack etc) and as a result she ended up being alive to kill Jane.

Soul.

Xat is so boring. I stopped going there as soon as 2012 started. There was this one time where I was in a Mario Kart chat and all this Toad fan did was complain about Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed being a MK7 clone lmfao.

If I remember correctly there was drama. The chat was MrBean something VR. Never again did I see the Toad fan after that incident.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I got the urge to play Etrian Odyssey Untold so I opened the box
and found Pokemon X

Then I found Fire Emblem Awakening's box and remembered I still have to do Lunatic+
but opened it to find Etrian Odyssey 2

22 years and I still can't put things back where I found them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Xat is so boring. I stopped going there as soon as 2012 started. There was this one time where I was in a Mario Kart chat and all this Toad fan did was complain about Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed being a MK7 clone lmfao.

If I remember correctly there was drama. The chat was MrBean something VR. Never again did I see the Toad fan after that incident.
I went to Xat from 2010 to 2014, but my usage has been declining since 2011, albeit slowly. My first time going to such kind of chatrooms was Ranberth's chat. Last year, I only went there to help the Xat chatters (I've been bringing up in some conversations. I collectively refer them as PokeSkypeway, because they are in a Skype group now.) with images and all that, but I argued with them so bad in late September, that I ended up removing them entirely from everything I had. I no longer go to Xat anymore, and think it's an outdated method of communication. Looking back to 2011, I regret meeting them and wish I could fix some things that went over the course of that and the years that followed, especially 2012. :troll:

Spirst

Oh wow, I forgot about AIM. I remember when AIM was all the rage like 5 years ago.

As for Xat, Xat sucks. No chatlog history and I found it pretty unreliable overall. #screamman was the best sound though. Got kicked out of numerous random chats for spamming it.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Most of my internet chat experiences have been IRC. For the short window of time I played brawl I was in a xat or two (don't remember which specifically). I was persuaded much later down the road to get MSN but it got killed off in favor of Skype less than a year later so welp. After that there was a bit of a divide between half my friendcircle wanting to go back to IRC and the other half just staying with Skype, and then eventually we all ended up back on Skype and hated it but all attempts to get people to move to an IRC channel instead were ineffective.

life is hard

oh and I guess steam was a thing at some point in there

Last edited:

Hylian Shadow

Smash Rookie
I used to lurk a Wifi Clan's Xat and literally say nothing else. Just read what they say and smirk randomly lol.

Soul.

I remember that back in like, 2011 or so, I was in a Pokémon Wi-Fi chat. Lots of "oh my" precious, beautiful drama.

Moving to another Xat chat every once in a while was a thing. Half the chatters part their ways while some stay there, until the inevitable wasteland the Xat chats become.

Last edited:

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
My fav shinies :
and I still get wins with em 2 gens later <3

Also I felt this was Zelda related :

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
So close ;;
That Ike-Kirby match will haunt me XD
Ggs This will be my last one
That spike O.O
Those were fun

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
YUSSS
I now have Metroid Prime Trilogy!
Now Samus can rock my body, unlike the whiny, snivelling, ****** Samus in Other M.
Ganondorf is very happy.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
My group just recently moved off of Xat completely in favor of Skype (the process started a while ago though) so I know that Xat updated a lot of their smilies recently. (Smirk) and (un) aren't nearly as good anymore, but lesser used ones like (jolly) remain the same. Actually, for you Zelda mains, two of the people in my group are Rawnie (Ben) and Aibou if you remember them.

Also what's this about a 0-death on Pikachu by Villager sounds sexy does it involve a Pocketed Thunder spike

And reflectors like Mario's are the worst, I can be chasing him offstage with FAirs and BAirs and all of a sudden I get smacked in the face. I've had my FSmash reflcted by Ness's bat before and got hit by both the bowling ball and the bat. I felt like and idiot afterward.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also what's this about a 0-death on Pikachu by Villager sounds sexy does it involve a Pocketed Thunder spike
This is what I first expected when I heard about it but no, it's a hypersituational setup involving a tree on a platform.

Top Bottom