• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I want to get the prime trilogy but Im pretty sure u gotta use the wii mote :/
You use the Wiimote and Nunchuck combo and it works really well. I never played the originals on GameCube so when I heard about the Trilogy I was like "sounds like a deal" and now I love the whole series!

It's not for sequence breakers since most relevant glitches were patched out and all three games getting Corruption's control scheme makes that game stand out less, but I'd say it's worth it if you never played the originals.

I somehow managed to get 100% scans on my first playthrough of Echoes without a guide, get@me

Last edited:

Soul.

It's an ultra situational 0 to KO where Pikachu will pretty much ban BF and CP another stage despite that being... situational. BF is just meh and hardly benefits Pika lol outside of QACs, UAir strings and platform combos. Thunder Jolt is "nerfed" there because platforms, meaning Pika needs to approach. UThrow → Thunder is also "nerfed" because platforms.

Anyways hay. Salamence in Gen 4 OU was hilarious. I miss Gen 4 :(

So... I went on the same training crap again. This time, I used Shulk a lot and the usual stuff. Something different though happened. He told me to use Diddy. Then I used Diddy, then progressively I became better at using Diddy.

Then I was contemplating on having him as a secondary. Lol no. Well, idk. I still think Diddy's boring and dumb but hmmm

Farorae

Smash Ace
You use the Wiimote and Nunchuck combo and it works really well. I never played the originals on GameCube so when I heard about the Trilogy I was like "sounds like a deal" and now I love the whole series!

It's not for sequence breakers since most relevant glitches were patched out and all three games getting Corruption's control scheme makes that game stand out less, but I'd say it's worth it if you never played the originals.

I somehow managed to get 100% scans on my first playthrough of Echoes without a guide, get@me
Yeah I know I played like an hour of prime 3 lol, it's just idk if my wii motes even work anymore lol

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
can I rant a bit about platforms

Platforms add nothing to Greninja's or Dedede's combo games. Greninja's usmash also causes knockdown with the initial 5% hit when hitting opponents on platforms above him, causing the killing hit to whiff completely. Utilt only pokes through the platform at very specific distances and usually just barely whiffs if the opponent isn't crouching, but even if it hits it's only 4% and with the uair nerf Greninja can't get a kill off of it until really late...Dedede can hit opponents on platforms with his utilt and usmash comfortably at least, but the risk:reward on usmash is questionable before kill percents (seriously, why does Dedede need to sweetspot his laggy-as-hell usmash just to do damage equal to what Mario gets???).

Platforms are a nice chunk of why I made an effort to pick Rosalina back up.

So... I went on the same training crap again. This time, I used Shulk a lot and the usual stuff. Something different though happened. He told me to use Diddy. Then I used Diddy, then progressively I became better at using Diddy.

Then I was contemplating on having him as a secondary. Lol no. Well, idk. I still think Diddy's boring and dumb but hmmm
Back when I first got the game and was trying out the entire cast in training to see who'd be a good fit, I felt like Diddy's moveset flowed rather well and gave maining him some strong consideration. I didn't, mostly because I despise monkeys, but it was a thought.

If you find him unfun/boring he isn't worth playing imo

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

No offense, but isn't Diddy extremely easy to pick up?

Don't sell out to the tiers ;;

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Yeah I know I played like an hour of prime 3 lol, it's just idk if my wii notes even work anymore lol
searched wii notes found this

not bad
Also I felt this was Zelda related :
well it's not... now if you'll excuse me

It's an ultra situational 0 to KO where Pikachu will pretty much ban BF and CP another stage despite that being... situational. BF is just meh and hardly benefits Pika lol outside of QACs, UAir strings and platform combos. Thunder Jolt is "nerfed" there because platforms, meaning Pika needs to approach. UThrow → Thunder is also "nerfed" because platforms.

Anyways hay. Salamence in Gen 4 OU was hilarious. I miss Gen 4 :(
I miss gen 1-3. 4 felt a bit mediocre and I think 5 was actual garbage

No offense, but isn't Diddy extremely easy to pick up?

Don't sell out to the tiers ;;
Yeah. I literally picked him up and got this ****:

"Christ your Diddy is 10x better than your Shulk already and it's been like 2 seconds since you first used him"

Also, my second main (Sonic) should be a clear indication that I'm capable of selling out a bit

Spirst

Nobody likes a dirty sellout, berserker. Isn't it enough you annoy everyone by using blue cancer?

But yeah, Diddy is extremely easy to pick up. I used hum for a few games and was able to beat dedicated mains of certain characters that were more evenish with my own characters I use. Still don't care about Diddy at all though.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Yeah. I literally picked him up and got this ****:

"Christ your Diddy is 10x better than your Shulk already and it's been like 2 seconds since you first used him"

Also, my second main (Sonic) should be a clear indication that I'm capable of selling out a bit
oh wut now I'm a sell out?

Nobody likes a dirty sellout, berserker. Isn't it enough you annoy everyone by using blue cancer?

But yeah, Diddy is extremely easy to pick up. I used for a few games and was able to beat dedicated mains of certain characters that were more evenish with my own characters I use. Still don't care about Diddy at all though.
blue cancer being greninja obviously

Spirst

I don't hate Sonic mains. I just really hate your character and wish he would go somewhere. His games aren't even good anymore.

Greninja was maybe blue cancer pre 1.0.4. Now he's just blue.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Speaking as someone who grew up on Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and 3

and 100% cleared Adventure/Adventure 2 and spent countless hours in the chao gardens

and loved the Advance games,

Sonic is the worst thing about Smash 4.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
As long as I'm having fun :^)

Difference is Diddy is 0% fun
Matches with Sonic in it are boring to watch though
Fighting a Sonic is even worse
side-b + jump + aerial attack, rinse repeat.
sorry lavani, quoted the wrong person
Gen 5 is trash. I agree.
I second this
We all know Gen 3/4 is the best :troll:

2>3>4>1>6>5

Last edited:

Spirst

I really really dislike Roger Craig Smith as Sonic's voice. Jason Griffith was 100x better and actually fit with the personality of the character. Now I just get irritated whenever Sonic opens his crooked mouth and says anything.

As for Pokemon, I hated gen 6 the most out of all the generations so far. I'm huge on the franchise but wow...gen 6 was just boring.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Gen 5 is trash. I agree.

_____

Sonic Colors da bess. Smash 4 Sonic is lol.
I think the only Sonic game I've played since Adventure 2 is Rush. Colors and Generations looked good though, maybe I should try them out.

Gen 4's designs made me quit the series after RSE. Gen 6 only hooked my attention because I'd missed Volcarona/Lilligant in gen 5 + Gourgeist and Noivern looked neat, and having a customizable player character for once was an amazing concept. Also I got hounded a lot by an irl friend about it.

Vaguely related, Archeops' gen 6 idle animation is horrifying.

As for Pokemon, I hated gen 6 the most out of all the generations so far. I'm huge on the franchise but wow...gen 6 was just boring.
I don't disagree.

Last edited:
Matches with Sonic in it are boring to watch though
Fighting a Sonic is even worse
side-b + jump + aerial attack, rinse repeat.
Can't defend that tbh. Sonic's legit dumb but his KO ability isn't as good as I was initially expecting it to be. Like, his b-throw doesn't even kill unless you're in rage AND you're near the edge. B-air has some start up to it. It's only his u-smash that seems slightly solid. Tell me if I'm missing something here
I really really dislike Roger Craig Smith as Sonic's voice. Jason Griffith was 100x better and actually fit with the personality of the character. Now I just get irritated whenever Sonic opens his crooked mouth and says anything.
I'm alright with Chris Redfield as Sonic tbh

Also Colors and Generations were alright

Spirst

Can't defend that tbh. Sonic's legit dumb but his KO ability isn't as good as I was initially expecting it to be. Like, his b-throw doesn't even kill unless you're in rage AND you're near the edge. B-air has some start up to it. It's only his u-smash that seems slightly solid. Tell me if I'm missing something here

Chris Redfield, Ezio Auditore, Bruce Wayne (Arkham Origins), Sonic the Hedgehog...

One of those is different than the rest

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Chris Redfield, Ezio Auditore, Bruce Wayne (Arkham Origins), Sonic the Hedgehog...

One of those is different than the rest
Ezio?
Wait hold up, RGS voiced Deidara from Naruto. Jesus he was annoying

Side b spam, if you don't have a projectile matches are going to be extremely annoying

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
and 100% cleared Adventure/Adventure 2 and spent countless hours in the chao gardens
Let's be friends.

I still have two, only two cha-

MEMEORY CARDS

Of Chao gardens.

When I came back one time I went and copied my 100% Sa2 save because I was always so worried I'd lose my data.

And with it I got 3 new avaiable chao gardens. So I went and started making shiny two-tone double evolution chao. I ALWAYS wanted a Neutral Swim-Swim, and it turned out better than expected: Shiny two-tone red (Sexy) WITH THE DULL HALF-OPEN EYES. So wow, much rare. I named it Liver. Don't ask me where I got that idea. :laugh:

Edit : Oh yeah, and I started making those Translucent Chao in SaDX because of the free silver/gold eggs there.

Edit 2 : #Oop I suppose if I have a SaDX garden set too, that technically means I have three chao garden sets. :p

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Well, Ness' bthrow is the only kill throw that isn't heavily rage dependent. Sonic's bthrow is still one of the better kill throws overall, it's mostly the fact that a character that can play that lame while getting a lot of reward on hit and then get a kill off a throw that makes it dumb.

And he moves back before throwing because he's a cheater ):<

"Alright" means it'll be far back in the backlog, I guess.

Let's be friends.

I still have two, only two cha-

MEMEORY CARDS

Of Chao gardens.

When I came back one time I went and copied my 100% Sa2 save because I was always so worried I'd lose my data.

And with it I got 3 new avaiable chao gardens. So I went and started making shiny two-tone double evolution chao. I ALWAYS wanted a Neutral Swim-Swim, and it turned out better than expected: Shiny two-tone red (Sexy) WITH THE DULL HALF-OPEN EYES. So wow, much rare. I named it Liver. Don't ask me where I got that idea. :laugh:

Edit : Oh yeah, and I started making those Translucent Chao in SaDX because of the free silver/gold eggs there.

Edit 2 : #Oop I suppose if I have a SaDX garden set too, that technically means I have three chao garden sets. :p
I remember raising my first chao to be a translucent green chaos chao. Ironically I went with dark alignment despite spending most of the time in the hero garden.

My memory is bad, I don't remember most of my other chao :c I recall having that Tails chao from PSO though.

Also SADX's gardens were much nicer than SA2's imo

Well, Ness' bthrow is the only kill throw that isn't heavily rage dependent. Sonic's bthrow is still one of the better kill throws overall, it's mostly the fact that a character that can play that lame while getting a lot of reward on hit and then get a kill off a throw that makes it dumb.

And he moves back before throwing because he's a cheater ):<

"Alright" means it'll be far back in the backlog, I guess
His risk/reward is dumb. YEAH, I can't defend that either

You're on point with the definition of what I meant by "Alright"
I mean your opponent
I'd take a quick fight against Diddy than a long match against OC the hedgehog imo :3
Sonic's definitely boring to fight. REALLY boring to fight. I feel like 30% of the difficulty comes from the fact that it's so BORING.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
2>3>4>1>6>5
Wow this almost snuck past me

2=3>1>5>6>4 imo

I am just going to guess that 5 was better than 6 despite not having played 4 or 5

2 seems objectively better than 3 to me, but I personally loved secret bases and Hoenn in general. Also loved a lot of the gen 3 pokes.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I think the only Sonic game I've played since Adventure 2 is Rush. Colors and Generations looked good though, maybe I should try them out.
Generations is unfortunate, cause you shift between two control schemes (young and not as young sonic) that cause people to love one or the other and as a result they may not like the game. Although if you like sonic dreamcast edition and original sonic you'll probably like both control schemes. Also the remixed music is good
Side B Uair Spring Uair is a kill combo
you can try U smash tech reads out of D throw
you can also spring gimp/stage spike people
also if you should complain about any of Sonic's throws it should be F throw

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I remember raising my first chao to be a translucent green chaos chao. Ironically I went with dark alignment despite spending most of the time in the hero garden.

My memory is bad, I don't remember most of my other chao :c I recall having that Tails chao from PSO though.

Also SADX's gardens were much nicer than SA2's imo
SaDX's gardens were definitely better. (Mystic ruins garden though? Up in the air for me. Maybe a LITTLE chaotic.) It's funny how in the Egg Carrier garden, the Chao can't get in the water themselves, lmao. I use that one for Chao who can't initially swim.

I also ALWAYS go into the garden as Amy (SaDX) and Tails (Sa2B) (Well, unless I NEED to align a chao to dark. Then I'd pick Rouge, probably.) Amy cuz I like ha best, and Tails because (iirc) he can't actually land on a chao and cause it to be knocked away. A neat little design. Of course then there's also "pwutpwutpwutpwut" flying. :awesome:

I never had access to like, GBA, etc. perks, so I've only gotten translucent chao in SaDX.

As for the games themselves, they've got great gameplay imo. Recently me and one of my brothers have gotten back into playing 2P mode. We mostly play treasure hunt duels. To make it MORE fun though, on level 2 arenas, (And some level 3s) we actually only search for gems that aren't currently the "radar" gem. (Since only one is on radar at a time.) It makes it very interesting as we search through all of the possible outcome placements for them. P: That way there's some replay value, as we learn every possible spawn spot. >:D

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

2=3>1>5>6>4 imo

I am just going to guess that 5 was better than 6 despite not having played 4 or 5

2 seems objectively better than 3 to me, but I personally loved secret bases and Hoenn in general. Also loved a lot of the gen 3 pokes.
Imo 5>4>2>6>3>1

Side B Uair Spring Uair is a kill combo
you can try U smash tech reads out of D throw
you can also spring gimp/stage spike people
Thanks for the tips ;)

Spirst

2=3>1>5>6>4 imo

ALMOST right, Lavani. I'm going to have to deduct one point from my personal judgement of you because 6 isn't last. 9/10

Imo 5>4>2>6>3>1
3/10

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Thanks for the tips ;)
Well I made a Sonic guide I should be lurking the Sonic boards to give tips and to learn more about the blue blur to be honest (and checking the grammar in my guide too, even though I've done that 2-3 times now)

2=3>1>5>6>4 imo

you must have ignored multiple posts where people were hating on 5, the fact you rated 5 above anything is sad If you need an example of how messed up you need to be in the head to think 5 is ahead of anything I submit my following example
Imo 5>4>2>6>3>1
^ look at this poor delusional fool ^

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Generations is unfortunate, cause you shift between two control schemes (young and not as young sonic) that cause people to love one or the other and as a result they may not like the game. Although if you like sonic dreamcast edition and original sonic you'll probably like both control schemes. Also the remixed music is good
Should be tolerable. It isn't like Unleashed where you have crazy-fast day stages then sluggish boring night stages, at least.

Does it scale up significantly with rage or something? It kills a lot later than bthrow potentially can just because of the launch angle.

Sonic is a rare case of all four throws being useful.

ALMOST right, Lavani. I'm going to have to deduct one point from my personal judgement of you because 6 isn't last. 9/10
Sorry, I can't put 6 last when it brought me back into the series after 4 made me quit it.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

2=3>1>5>6>4 imo

Gonna have to disagree on the 4th gen.
It had it's charm, but many of the pokemon designs didn't appeal to me. Muh Empoleon doe
I put 4 really high because Platinum's replayability and HG/SS
2=3 I can agree with. 5 and 6 had some gems, like Zoroark and Aegislash
5 completely put me off the series so there's bias there :3
2=3>1>4>5>6 :p
Imo 5>4>2>6>3>1
Lmao macchiato pls

Last edited:
Top Bottom