• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Speaking of Palutena's Reflect

why is the shield hit unblockable?
Because she's a Goddess of Light. :p

One thing I don't like is how Guardian Orbitars blocks from the bottom and top of (Dark) Pit when it's clearly shown that there is nothing there to protect them. Ike's Aether should just bypass the shields by going underneath. Hitting from the sides, yeah, that makes sense that it blocks from the sides, but not from the bottom or top.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
One thing I don't like is how Guardian Orbitars blocks from the bottom and top of (Dark) Pit when it's clearly shown that there is nothing there to protect them. Ike's Aether should just bypass the shields by going underneath. Hitting from the sides, yeah, that makes sense that it blocks from the sides, but not from the bottom or top.
This is what reminded me of the Orbitar breaking thing; I tried to get inside and under the Orbitars for a usmash punish, and ended up setting myself up to get fsmashed instead.

:4morton:

AND talk about Villager stuff

Yeah that one match Pwing had against that one Palutena made the MU seem impossible at first but its really not that bad imo

Also Lavani how are you gonna check that though, just delete the patch then re-download it?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Speaking of Palutena's Reflect

why is the shield hit unblockable?

Which reminds me, I should check and see if the end lag on Rosa's GP was increased in 1.0.4

I rarely use the move in general, but I've been thinking lately that it feels like more of a commitment than it used to.
they probably meant to make her invincible but now we have an unblockable shield hit

i cry

S-same thing :4mario:

Anyway it definitely does feel like the ending lag has been increased. I used to be able to throw it out more freely but it's not as easy anymore

Also all of Palutena's shield hits have transcendent priority, they probably screwed up and made the counter one unblockable

Just like how the back hit of WFT's FAir used to be unblockable ;_;7

Soul.

That 0 to KO Villager has on Pikachu.
lik dis if u cri everitiem now Pika mains will have to ben drowned on bettle feild

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Incorrect. I only stated that every zelda considers her to be the worst character. I don't even care about that "incident" @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer didnt even think it was a "incident" to begin with lolol. During that time he saw it himself since me and nakat were looking at the boards of our characters lol. I'm not trying to prove anything to anybody Zeldas fun for me so i'll use her regardless of what other zeldas think. I said I wouldnt go characters I would go at apex as in if im fighting someone who id normally go X character vs il go someone else that isnt X character but that doesn't mean I won't be using her at all at apex we will see.
...Every Zelda? Please don't make this generalization even if you're joking. Plz.

Thanks for clearing that up about using x/y/z chars at Apex though. That's nice to hear.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Omg I hadn't seen that 0-death on Pika.

Super impossible to pull off in an actual match but damn that looks pretty.7

Also @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer what do you guys mean unblockable shield hit on Palu's reflect? I don't think I understand what that means.

Don't throw that cheese at me, sis. I know how stupid campy villagers are ESPECIALLY when they're teamed with ****ing Diddy who approaches me while I try to speed shield everything T_T

And yeah, best thing against projectile-spamming *****es is to run->power shield with speed on or just jump over everything. Pretty grateful that I got a gist of this before going against my friend's villager

Also, I love camping. I was a Snake main (SSBB) and a Chris main (UMvC 3) AND a Link main (SSB 64)

I think against Shulk it's better to keep the pressure close to him so that you don't give him time to get his nairs working. Also those weird hitboxes he has sometimes don't even hit when you're up close.

In general I hate campers :p and you should be ashamed to be one! *wags finger*

jk... well, like 70% jk

Last edited:
If you let a situation like that get setup and happen then you deserve to get 0-deathed :smirk:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This is what reminded me of the Orbitar breaking thing; I tried to get inside and under the Orbitars for a usmash punish, and ended up setting myself up to get fsmashed instead.

:4morton:
Logically, you'd assume Orbitars would not block from the bottom or top, which just caused disbelief as it nudged Ike away from the ledge despite Aether going up towards Pit, not the Orbitars, but to Pit.

AND talk about Villager stuff

Yeah that one match Pwing had against that one Palutena made the MU seem impossible at first but its really not that bad imo

Also Lavani how are you gonna check that though, just delete the patch then re-download it?
Villager stuff? We talked about Villager a bit in the Character Competitive Impressions thread. Right now, I'm watching Salem's Villager. Here's two links of Salem's Villager: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTpcQ0WYmKE and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SJHKG8Vk9c.

If you a situation like that get setup and happen then you deserve to get 0-deathed :smirk:
Haha! Your post has (for me) Villager for the background... backdrop... thing. It's a funny coincidence, okay?!

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer what do you guys mean unblockable shield hit on Palu's reflect? I don't think I understand what that means.
Palutena does a tap with her shield at the start of Reflect that does 5%

That tap hits through shields. Unblockable/unshieldable.

Also, turns out GP's always been a 45f commitment. Good to know I guess.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Omg I hadn't seen that 0-death on Pika.

Super impossible to pull off in an actual match but damn that looks pretty.7

Basically if you try to shield her 5% shield hit (I assume), she says "**** your shield, im palutena" and you get hit anyway.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I just noticed that that unblockable hit has bonus shield damage too.

For what purpose???

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
They needed to pretend that anyone would ever want incentive to use it over Super Speed/Angelic Missile.

Then realized wait no one uses customs and were too lazy to fix it.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I just noticed that that unblockable hit has bonus shield damage too.

For what purpose???
probably not intentional, plz i already said this

Unblockable hits are almost exclusively for special moves like Final Smashes.

And Little Mac's KO Punch. And some jank customs.

There were no normal competitive moves in Brawl except a couple of random pummels (like toon link's) that were unblockable.

Okay so Lavani you get your end lag data by recording with your phone, right? How do I know if I'm recording @60fps?

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Omg imagine if someone actually had a Just Sayin' diary.

It would be the most hilarious and sarcastic thing in the world.

Like, tibetan fox level sarcastic.

Soul.

I was legit impressed by this and I don't even like Villager
I use Villager for boredom purposes. The Pika subforum has a stage discussion thread with the general consensus being that Battlefield is just a meh stage and while that Villager stuff may be situational, I think Pika mains will have to think again before playing on BF. Matchup is in Villager's favor anyway so I'll need a secondary.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The actual barrier's windboxes are apparently unblockable too so I dunno. Not like those things are next to each other in the data.

Speaking of unblockable customs, I find it funny that only the last hit of Explosive Flame is unblockable.

Okay so Lavani you get your end lag data by recording with your phone, right? How do I know if I'm recording @60fps?
I used to, I have a camera that isn't total **** now and has a proper framerate.

I would just assume that a phone camera is going to record at something like 29.91fps, and that you'll be able to record stuff at 1/2 speed and have a close-but-not-exact framecount for things. Keep in mind that a few select moves act glitchy at slower speeds though (Duck Hunt smashes and Ike's upB 2 come to mind, though neither of those affect how long the attack actually lasts).

WFT's leg shoulda stayed un-blockable. Just sayin'.

/dearjustsayin'diary
A tear shed for the loss of Janky Leg™

WFT just needs a grab and smashes that dont miss, christ.

Also WFT has a 1F windbox on DTilt that is unblockable :^) :^) :^)

I really don't see the purpose of it though, it has a 0 degree angle so it just pushes targets in the direction opposite to the one they're facing. Plus you're like never gonna see it do anything meaningful since DTilt's damaging hitboxes come out the very next frame. Literally the only time I've been able to see that windbox in action is on an invincible opponent.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The Stanky Leg was THE premier move on the middle school dance floor
Keyword: Was. Nowadays, people bump and grind more... And sometimes they do other stuff which scarred my high school English teacher from ever chaperoning for high school dances.

Remember the Macarena?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I use Villager for boredom purposes. The Pika subforum has a stage discussion thread with the general consensus being that Battlefield is just a meh stage and while that Villager stuff may be situational, I think Pika mains will have to think again before playing on BF. Matchup is in Villager's favor anyway so I'll need a secondary.
Huh, I would've thought Pikachu would love Battlefield for platforms to QAC with. I guess he doesn't gain as much from platforms as his opponent does though?

And this reminds me of Stanky Legg. :p

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer I noticed Ganondorf's Flame Chain and Robin's Firewall customs have 0% unblockable hits at the start of their active frames. Do these force shield drops so the rest of the attack can hit?

I get the feeling Flame Chain's are just windboxes, but Firewall's have no knockback values and an SDI modifier so...

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Really? I fought a Pit yesterday who used Guardian Orbitars to gimp Ike's recovery and tried to gimp Falco's, but Falco can get to the ledge quickly with Falco Phantasm. Palutena can do the same thing with Reflect Barrier if she places it near the ledge which causes anyone to be pushed back. Here's the thread on Pally's Reflect Barrier gimp: http://smashboards.com/threads/guaranteed-reflect-edgeguard.383644/.

Here's a video on it.
Btw.

Phantom does this to Ike too.

I did it to Macchiato today incidentally and lol'd a little bit.

But you all prolly already knew this.

Unrelated but man

what I wouldn't give for Villager's social to be like this. Maybe the skype group wasnt such a hot idea after all

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Btw.

Phantom does this to Ike too.

I did it to Macchiato today incidentally and lol'd a little bit.

But you all prolly already knew this.
I hope you saved the replay :smirk:

I spent awhile yesterday trying to disrespect an Ike with the windbox on Rosalina's neutralB

unfortunately the wand is smaller than ragnell

Unrelated but man

what I wouldn't give for Villager's social to be like this. Maybe the skype group wasnt such a hot idea after all
skype is never a hot idea

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Huh, I would've thought Pikachu would love Battlefield for platforms to QAC with. I guess he doesn't gain as much from platforms as his opponent does though?

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer I noticed Ganondorf's Flame Chain and Robin's Firewall customs have 0% unblockable hits at the start of their active frames. Do these force shield drops so the rest of the attack can hit?

I get the feeling Flame Chain's are just windboxes, but Firewall's have no knockback values and an SDI modifier so...
I would guess that they're special inert hitboxes, but iunno

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Unrelated but man

Maybe if I posted there it would be better.

Thought I guess that's true for virtually every Social ever.

You're right, its a COOL idea

im thinking if I cook up some fresh new memes itll help. we cant live on stale memes like murderous child villager xD

Maybe if I posted there it would be better.

Thought I guess that's true for virtually every Social ever.
IsmaR please

Last edited:
Top Bottom