• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

It worked out as well as you'd think it would, meaning that STAB choice band Double Edge did like 7% on everything. It was glorious.
Glorious 7% I see.

NAsh88 said:
So Gliscor is irrelevant now? I haven't played much after they banned like all megas bc smogon is **** now (and always has been, tbh), but I know a ton about 5th gen (not to say I'm clueless about 6th gen, it's just that I haven't done anything competitive since like June of 2014). 5th Gen NU is my favorite metagame ever. I could play that **** forever.
Gliscor is still common, you just don't see it often. Almost every team runs Lando-T / Mega Lopunny / Mega Metagross / Mega Sableye (which is a nightmare and needs to be banned, mind you).
Gen 5 was, in a word, weather wars. Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream and Snow Warning were everywhere. Rain was the main thing because lolKeldeo, Politoed, Jirachi, Tentacruel, Electric-types with STAB Thunder, Latios/Latias, and reduced Fire-type weakness. The rest were not that common, except for Sand Stream because Tyranitar and Hippowdon are good Pokémon.

NAsh88 said:
I'd agree with that. At least in smash I don't have to memorize 300-400 (viable) characters and what each can do. I'm also **** at teambuilding but I just put stuff together that I like and hope it works. It's usually bad but I don't care about winning; I just like having fun.
Smash is so simple, you just have to learn the neutral game, character's pros and cons, use their moves well and yeah. I guess.

NAsh88 said:
Tell Smogon that. Nowadays, they're so ban heavy that it's laughable. At least Mawile fulfilled all of my wishes and finally rose to ubers. I'm so proud of her <3
Everyone thinks it's trash in Ubers unfortunately.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Gen 5 was, in a word, weather wars. Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream and Snow Warning were everywhere. Rain was the main thing because lolKeldeo, Politoed, Jirachi, Tentacruel, Electric-types with STAB Thunder, Latios/Latias, and reduced Fire-type weakness. The rest were not that common, except for Sand Stream because Tyranitar and Hippowdon are good Pokémon.
I'm just saying that there's a reason I only play NU in 5th Gen...

Oh. Idk anything about Mega Latis.
I don't either. I just went through the list of megas and they looked to be the best of the remaining megas at a glance.

Oh. Idk anything about Mega Latis.

Aegis didn't have to use King's Shield. Most of the time I ran an Aegis I ran max atk+spatk Quiet with shadow ball/flash cannon/sacred sword/shadow sneak while my opponents tried to play around a King's Shield that I wasn't even running. The other very legitimate issue being that EQ - the best option to deal with it for a lot of pokes - was a risky move to throw out and a terrible move to be choice locked into in a meta where very often you'd get half of the opposing team either levitating or flying. Not to say anything of the other potential sets it could utilize with moves such as Pursuit or HP Ice.
Aegislash was a huge force in the metagame (and truthfully, the metagame revolved around it while it was still in OU), but I honestly think it could've stayed in OU and not much would be different. What even checked Aegislash? Powerful choice users? idk i don't like OU at all so I don't play it.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer I think it's time for you to change the title of the thread to something like "asinine Pokemon debates"

edit: @ Macchiato Macchiato look at that CB damage!

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
What even checked Aegislash? Powerful choice users?
iirc Bisharp was the "best" candidate (or at least the most talked-about), but it still had to play games with Knock Off, Pursuit, and Sucker Punch vs King's Shield, Sacred Sword, and a switch. Fire types kind of suck in gen 6 OU, ground types like Lando can't switch into its Shadow Ball, and non-STAB fire/ground coverage isn't strong enough aside from a few niche cases to blast it through shield forme. If anything choice users were trash against it since they become King's Shield bait and then the switch-in is at risk to be Shadow Balled.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer I think it's time for you to change the title of the thread to something like "asinine Pokemon debates"
At least it isn't smogon though, right? :dr^_^:

Soul.

I'm just saying that there's a reason I only play NU in 5th Gen...

Aegislash was a huge force in the metagame (and truthfully, the metagame revolved around it while it was still in OU), but I honestly think it could've stayed in OU and not much would be different. What even checked Aegislash? Powerful choice users? idk i don't like OU at all so I don't play it.

I mostly played OU in Gen 5 for some reason I don't know. Lower tiers were alright though.
Funny how this thread is now a competitive Pokémon discussion. I suppose that's good.

Also...
iirc Bisharp was the "best" candidate (or at least the most talked-about), but it still had to play games with Knock Off, Pursuit, and Sucker Punch vs King's Shield, Sacred Sword, and a switch. Fire types kind of suck in gen 6 OU, ground types like Lando can't switch into its Shadow Ball, and non-STAB fire/ground coverage isn't strong enough aside from a few niche cases to blast it through shield forme. If anything choice users were trash against it since they become King's Shield bait and then the switch-in is at risk to be Shadow Balled.

At least it isn't smogon though, right? :dr^_^:
Aegislash meta was meh to be honest. I don't think it was that bad. If you want to see "bad", the Genesect / Mega Lucario / Mega Kangaskhan meta would be a perfect fit.

edit: knowing smogon, they quick ban almost everything

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Mega Kangaskhan
I would like to know what Game Freak was on when they decided that Parental Bond was a good idea.

lol triple STAB Bisharp was the best check. I guess you can tell something is over-centralizing when stuff like that checks the threat. At least Bisharp is a cool power ranger and deserved the fame.

Soul.

I would like to know what Game Freak was on when they decided that Parental Bond was a good idea.

lol triple STAB Bisharp was the best check. I guess you can tell something is over-centralizing when stuff like that checks the threat. At least Bisharp is a cool power ranger and deserved the fame.
It's simple man. They gave us the beauty that is Power Creep™ and used it to their advantage. Thus, Mega Kangaskhan became a reality as Smogonites trembled in fear of its sheer power.

All it did was cause Smogonites to use this song in order to keep playing competitive Pokémon.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I used to really be into competitive Pokemon. I had a YouTube channel and everything. I just wish I still had the time for it.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Aegislash's best counter was easily Mandibuzz. Sacred Sword still hurt a lot, but at least the vulture can Taunt it out of King's Shield, Roost off lost health and Foul Play to easily kill Blade form.

Although now because we don't have Aegislash, we got a lot more variety in the scene, such as Heracross, Gardevoir and Gallade, which is nice.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Aegislash's best counter was easily Mandibuzz. Sacred Sword still hurt a lot, but at least the vulture can Taunt it out of King's Shield, Roost off lost health and Foul Play to easily kill Blade form.

Although now because we don't have Aegislash, we got a lot more variety in the scene, such as Heracross, Gardevoir and Gallade, which is nice.
Right, I forgot about Mandibuzz.

But then SubToxic and Head Smash Aegislash became a thing too. :^)

The variety thing is pretty true too, and is why I'm not more sad to see it gone than I am.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Haha, if we were given a shoutout from Nairo, it's probably for the fact that we think she is garbage tier, and he tried to prove us wrong.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That would have to mean people are playing Falco in the first place though.
Well, Keitaro could stop by... Or GimR... Or Guilty... Somebody could just stop by and give a shoutout... I'll be a sad duck if out of the 52 characters in SSB4, only Falco didn't show up at Apex which has hundreds of people... :sadeyes:

Spirst

Well, Keitaro could stop by... Or GimR... Or Guilty... Somebody could just stop by and give a shoutout... I'll be a sad duck if out of the 52 characters in SSB4, only Falco didn't show up at Apex which has hundreds of people... :sadeyes:
Apex will be 40 Diddys and 12 Sheiks.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
GGs @ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 that was fun, who did yew think was my best. I'm still hunting a main. Name the top 3 yew think I'm best with. Once again GGs
GGs. I played pretty badly though ;_;

Definitely stick with Zeldawful & WFT. I'm not too sure for a 3rd one tbh.

Also, you're rolling from the ledge way too much

I'm really starting to consider using Spamus as a secondary even though I hate most of the changes she's got from Brawl

/dearsmashdiary

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Ladies.

Hands down.

I make the f***ing best spaghetti.

Bow.

Zelda :p
Idk wii fits interesting and her 15 damage nair is just amazing.

@ evmaxy54 evmaxy54
do yew have any advice for :4drmario::4kirby::4lucina::4palutena::4peach::4robinm::rosalina::4pit::4tlink:

Gunblaze mentioned it during Nairo's battle vs Nietono 'cuz Nairo bad talkeT us (Mostly yew and the Din's size 'incident') to gunblaze on one of his own streams previously... :v
Oh well double posting

Is this why nairos using her more to prove to us that she's good? Omg

Last edited by a moderator:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Oh well double posting

Is this why nairos using her more to prove to us that she's good? Omg
Well, as far as that last tourney is concerned I remember him saying something about using more of the characters he wasn't planning on using in Apex there. (Read: Zelda)

Perhaps that too though. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Farorae

Smash Ace
Well, as far as that last tourney is concerned I remember him saying something about using more of the characters he wasn't planning on using in Apex there. (Read: Zelda)

Perhaps that too though. *shrugs*
I remember this as well. Hopefully he will use her though but I won't get my hopes up.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
When I tried to play Random I got Sonic three times in a row and I was like **** this ****.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Gunblaze mentioned it during Nairo's battle vs Nietono 'cuz Nairo bad talkeT us (Mostly about the Din's size 'incident' and dash attack) to gunblaze on one of his own streams previously... :v
wait i didn't realise there was an 'incident'? I haven't looked at the stream (nor do i plan to)

but hey im sorry friends

im sorry i said that dins in smash 4 is worse than brawl dins pls forgive me

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
When I tried to play Random I got Sonic three times in a row and I was like **** this ****.
Random must be biased to Sega... Or it wants to troll you and remind you about Sonic '06 and Sonic Boom. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As I said before, Google Images can have some surprising results...

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I'm losing so much confidence with my Smash skills on For Glory right now. I keep running into really good players and my win rate just plummets.
Why is Mario Kart the only game I'm good at online? WHY???
>Head Smash Aegislash
i'm like wat
VGC tho :troll:
Yeah, I thought that was a pretty nice argument against Mandibuzz as an Aegislash check.
I don't think that Aegislash was broken, but I did like OU a lot better after it was banned. I'm kind of sick of OU now though because I'm just sick of seeing Landorus-T and Rotom Wash everywhere.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I'm losing so much confidence with my Smash skills on For Glory right now. I keep running into really good players and my win rate just plummets.

Yeah, I thought that was a pretty nice argument against Mandibuzz as an Aegislash check.
I don't think that Aegislash was broken, but I did like OU a lot better after it was banned. I'm kind of sick of OU now though because I'm just sick of seeing Landorus-T and Rotom Wash everywhere.
Have you tried HOO-HAH-ing?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

These lyrics sum up For Glory.

With your first step you will burn
Can’t control the hate you have learned
Killing slow is the way I conquer
Until you know the meaning of suffer

Step twice you invite and welcome death
Pay homage to me with your last breath
Say goodbye to a life that you once knew
Along with every being that was before you

The song's called Suffer from Devil May Cry 3 and it plays during the first boss, Cerberus, who wrecked a lot of players, especially since DMC3's difficulty levels were ramped up overseas for some reason. So, Easy in Japan was Normal overseas and most people started off on Normal which meant they were actually starting on Hard. Yeah, I don't know why Capcom did that. Usually, it's the opposite where Japan has the difficulty at a higher level and overseas has it toned down. Well, the Special Edition made the difficulties normal which is funny since the Definitive Edition of DmC: Devil May Cry is getting more difficult. Here's a link to Suffer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj7oRNCld4s. Enjoy. :p

Top Bottom