• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

I'm losing so much confidence with my Smash skills on For Glory right now. I keep running into really good players and my win rate just plummets.
Why is Mario Kart the only game I'm good at online? WHY???

Yeah, I thought that was a pretty nice argument against Mandibuzz as an Aegislash check.
I don't think that Aegislash was broken, but I did like OU a lot better after it was banned. I'm kind of sick of OU now though because I'm just sick of seeing Landorus-T and Rotom Wash everywhere.
Mario Kart is love, Mario Kart is life. That series, competitively speaking, is viable as an online-only game. MK8's framerate slows down to 30fps once there's 2, 3 or 4 players. Single player is 60fps in everything.

Also revelant:
MKWii da bess :troll:

Anyways, OU is boring right now. I think this is because of X/Y as a whole. Meh.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Mario Kart is love, Mario Kart is life. That series, competitively speaking, is viable as an online-only game. MK8's framerate slows down to 30fps once there's 2, 3 or 4 players. Single player is 60fps in everything.

Also revelant:
MKWii da bess :troll:

Anyways, OU is boring right now. I think this is because of X/Y as a whole. Meh.
Epilepsy warning please. Didn't you get this from the SSB4 Social thread?

Soul.

Epilepsy warning please. Didn't you get this from the SSB4 Social thread?
Yes. Long story short, I was searching for lol dubstep musics with Mario Kart on the video. Turns out MKWii has a lot of this stuff.
Watch it on 240p.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
OMFG... I hate how sometimes people say ignorant ****... Maybe I'm biased, but holy hell, the **** on Falco is just annoying and frustrating the hear. One dude said Falco has no edgeguarding tools and as I'm watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBbyc0s-1rw, the first thing that's said when Keitaro picks Falco is, "Falco? What is he doing? No, man, I want Keitaro to win." Seriously, let the man play whoever he wants. :glare:

@Aerodr-, I mean @KuroganeHammer, I understand your pain when you made the Zelda video... Also, there's a @Kurogane Hammer. Hmm, is this your alt? :smirk:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Yay Pokemon discussion. I'm trying to get into competitive myself but I'm finding it really tedious. And I'm getting destroyed by the Battle Maison of all things...

And Zelda beating Sheik in a match? Whaaaaaat.

EDIT: Accidental page claim :p

Last edited:

Soul.

Yay Pokemon discussion. I'm trying to get into competitive myself but I'm finding it really tedious. And I'm getting destroyed by the Battle Maison of all things...

And Zelda beating Sheik in a match? Whaaaaaat.
The Battle Maison is a place full of noobs in Pokémon. Maybe if you used something like Powersaves you could get Battle Points almost instantly but breeding, getting the correct Hidden Power type, soft reseting, and trying to get Legendary Pokémon makes it hard to make a good team in the games.

Also lol the Brawl Pikachu boards. "The Smash 4 Pikachu boards is full of new users!"

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
The Battle Maison is a place full of noobs in Pokémon. Maybe if you used something like Powersaves you could get Battle Points almost instantly but breeding, getting the correct Hidden Power type, soft reseting, and trying to get Legendary Pokémon makes it hard to make a good team in the games.

Also lol the Brawl Pikachu boards. "The Smash 4 Pikachu boards is full of new users!"
I've been sitting here for an hour trying to get an Adamant Emboar from the delivery lady :c. Pretty sure I've gotten every other nature except that one. I'm not even going to try with Legendaries...

EDIT: FINALLY. GOT. IT. RNG WHY.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I've been sitting here for an hour trying to get an Adamant Emboar from the delivery lady :c. Pretty sure I've gotten every other nature except that one. I'm not even going to try with Legendaries...
You should go catch a bunch of Ralts with Synchronize ^^ It won't work for event Pokemon like Emboar, but it will for the legendaries

Last edited:

Soul.

Don't waste your time. Go to Pokémon Showdown or Pokémon Online. Breeding is already time consuming; getting like 150+ eggs for an Adamant Tepig to hatch will clutter your PC needs. Or Pokémon Bank.

I never got Contrary Serperior, Reckless Emboar and Shell Armor Samurott. I'm guessing you're trying to get a 6 IV Adamant Reckless Tepig?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
You should go catch a bunch of Ralts with Synchronize ^^ It won't work for event Pokemon like Emboar, but it will for the legendaries
Oh yeah, I forgot about that ability's field effect. Thanks!
Don't waste your time. Go to Pokémon Showdown or Pokémon Online. Breeding is already time consuming; getting like 150+ eggs for an Adamant Tepig to hatch will clutter your PC needs. Or Pokémon Bank.

I never got Contrary Serperior, Reckless Emboar and Shell Armor Samurott. I'm guessing you're trying to get a 6 IV Adamant Reckless Tepig?
Well I'm just starting Alpha Sapphire, so I'm pretty early in. I figured I'd pass down the ability/nature with an Everstone (forgot which gets passed down) to make things easier later when I make an actual competitive team.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

Soul.

Well I'm just starting Alpha Sapphire, so I'm pretty early in. I figured I'd pass down the ability/nature with an Everstone (forgot which gets passed down) to make things easier later when I make an actual competitive team.
Oh. Well that's fine.
Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to ask for Wi-Fi battles. Probably because PS and PO are much faster.

Last edited:
Whether Nairo wanted to prove you guys wrong or whatever, at least he's repping Zelda really well. Props to him

Did I say Nairo? I meant Nairu because that's what that one guy said. OopS

Good **** Nairo

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I would rep Z if I actually had tournaments to go to that didn't involve driving hours across the desert, along with the thought of instantly being eliminated by a Pikachu some Diddy spamming uair.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Hats off to @ Nairo Nairo . I don't know how long he'll continue repping Zelda, but I'm certainly enjoying the ride.

I'm simply too busy these days for tournaments, between uni, work, and wedding plans.

Life is about to change drastically for me far too soon, and I have no idea how I plan on keeping Smash a part of it. Honestly, every time I think about the next six months I can barely hold back the tears.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I plan on prepping Zelda if/when I finally go to a tournament. :)
Oh. Well that's fine.
Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to ask for Wi-Fi battles. Probably because PS and PO are much faster.
I'm still a beginner at this stuff so I'm just...stumbling along, lol. And I'd rather raise my Pokemon up in the actual game instead of a simulator. It just...feels right I guess. But I might use them for testing purposes.

EDIT: You guys are really making me want to see that vid of Nairo now...
Also Nairo I will get that Light Arrow next stream. I. Must. Succeed.

Last edited:

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Gunblaze mentioned it during Nairo's battle vs Nietono 'cuz Nairo bad talkeT us (Mostly about the Din's size 'incident' and dash attack) to gunblaze on one of his own streams previously... :v
Incorrect. I only stated that every zelda considers her to be the worst character. I don't even care about that "incident" @KuroganeHammer didnt even think it was a "incident" to begin with lolol. During that time he saw it himself since me and nakat were looking at the boards of our characters lol. I'm not trying to prove anything to anybody Zeldas fun for me so i'll use her regardless of what other zeldas think. I said I wouldnt go characters I would go at apex as in if im fighting someone who id normally go X character vs il go someone else that isnt X character but that doesn't mean I won't be using her at all at apex we will see.

Soul.

I'm still a beginner at this stuff so I'm just...stumbling along, lol. And I'd rather raise my Pokemon up in the actual game instead of a simulator. It just...feels right I guess. But I might use them for testing purposes.
Oh yes, yes, you can use Showdown to try out your team and then use that same team in the games.
Battle Spot sucks.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So there's a pattern:
Nairo says something
Someone hears about it
The telephone effect takes place
We talk about what he said and why it was "bad" or whatever
Nairo comes in and clears stuff up

Every. Time. Lol.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Incorrect. I only stated that every zelda considers her to be the worst character. I don't even care about that "incident" @KuroganeHammer didnt even think it was a "incident" to begin with lolol. During that time he saw it himself since me and nakat were looking at the boards of our characters lol. I'm not trying to prove anything to anybody Zeldas fun for me so i'll use her regardless of what other zeldas think. I said I wouldnt go characters I would go at apex as in if im fighting someone who id normally go X character vs il go someone else that isnt X character but that doesn't mean I won't be using her at all at apex we will see.
WIsh you all the best at Apex, my friend! Whether the Zelda comes out or not is up to you, but I'm pretty sure all of us here will root for ya no matter what!

And don't worry, just like you, I still consider Zelda to be incredibly fun to play as, win or lose, despite our contrasting opinions on her tier placement, haha. :p

So there's a pattern:
Nairo says something
Someone hears about it

Every. Time. Lol.
It's a tradition at this point

Soul.

So there's a pattern:
Nairo says something
Someone hears about it

Every. Time. Lol.
This sums it up pretty well.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Signature says I main bad characters

Mains Villager

wat
Do you have any idea how stressful it is using Villager against characters with reflectors? I have to watch my every attack lest it be reflected back in my face.

It should really say "I USE bad characters." My mains aren't necessarily bad but in general the characters I pick to use are mid-to-low tier. Some are high tier-ish, but they're a far cry from top tier and I don't think they're sufficient to win big tournaments by themselves.

Not trying to detract from all you Zelda mains, it takes dedication/love/waifu syndrome to main such a consistently bad character.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
So there's a pattern:
Nairo says something
Someone hears about it

Every. Time. Lol.
cause you friggin 3 year olds make stupid assumptions

Do you have any idea how stressful it is using Villager against characters with reflectors? I have to watch my every attack lest it be reflected back in my face.

It should really say "I USE bad characters." My mains aren't necessarily bad but in general the characters I pick to use are mid-to-low tier. Some are high tier-ish, but they're a far cry from top tier and I don't think they're sufficient to win big tournaments by themselves.

Not trying to detract from all you Zelda mains, it takes dedication/love/waifu syndrome to main such a consistently bad character.
I've heard of that Palutena vs Villager match up. Sounds painful. Anyway, thanks for clarifying

Also, Zelda mains poop on their own character (Zelda). Exceptions are Nairo and Macchiato (Who mains every character in this damn game)

Last edited:

Soul.

I thought reflectors had lag, so that could be something.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I giggled like an idiot the one time I tried to yomi reflect what I thought was going to be a sh fair and ended up being a dash attack, and the Villager tripped into his own pot. I didn't know dash attack was reflectable until that moment and I was really confused at first.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

I hear ya mate. But I don't think characters with reflectors are OMFG IMPAWSSIBLE like most Villager mains tend to say. Yeah it def limits our options but I don't think Villager's CQC is that bad to begin with.

However, do note that @ Berserker. Berserker. mains Shulk, and Shulk can be potentially super obliterated by Villagers if they camp him :'D

Also, the Palutena matchup isn't impossible, it's just really annoying. The problem with most Villager mains is that they're too concerned with camping, so when a reflector shows up the world closes up for them forever.

You only have to look at Pwing's match vs that one Palutena to notice that. And again against another Little Mac.

Tis why I hate camping.

I hear ya mate. But I don't think characters with reflectors are OMFG IMPAWSSIBLE like most Villager mains tend to say. Yeah it def limits our options but I don't think Villager's CQC is that bad to begin with.

However, do note that @ Berserker. Berserker. mains Shulk, and Shulk can be potentially super obliterated by Villagers if they camp him :'D

Also, the Palutena matchup isn't impossible, it's just really annoying. The problem with most Villager mains is that they're too concerned with camping, so when a reflector shows up the world closes up for them forever.

You only have to look at Pwing's match vs that one Palutena to notice that. And again against another Little Mac.

Tis why I hate camping.
Don't throw that cheese at me, sis. I know how stupid campy villagers are ESPECIALLY when they're teamed with ****ing Diddy who approaches me while I try to speed shield everything T_T

And yeah, best thing against projectile-spamming ******* is to run->power shield with speed on or just jump over everything. Pretty grateful that I got a gist of this before going against my friend's villager

Also, I love camping. I was a Snake main (SSBB) and a Chris main (UMvC 3) AND a Link main (SSB 64)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I thought reflectors had lag, so that could be something.
Falco, (Dr.) Mario, Zelda, ROB, Palutena's and technically, Ness's, his Side Smash - reflects have lag in a sense they can't keep reflecting indefinitely. The Pits can keep their reflects out longer, but it has noticeable endlag meaning they can be punished easily. Fox is the only one - that I know - who can just hold his reflect indefinitely, so he has more leeway if he reflects early or reflects late while the others have to time it properly. Wolf would be able too... IF HE WAS IN THE GAME!

Last edited:

Soul.

Falco, (Dr.) Mario, Zelda, ROB, Palutena's and technically, Ness's, his Side Smash - reflects have lag in a sense they can't keep reflecting indefinitely. The Pits can keep their reflects out longer, but it has noticeable endlag meaning they can be punished easily. Fox is the only one - that I know - who can just hold his reflect indefinitely, so he has more leeway if he reflects early or reflects late while the others have to time it properly. Wolf would be able too... IF HE WAS IN THE GAME!
Lol FOP.
I think reflectors in general leave you open for punishes, which is why I think you shouldn't use them unless you main Falco whose reflector has a purpose at least (especially Reflector Void).
I haven't seen any Pit / Dark Pit player use the Guardian Orbitars effectively outside of gimping Ness' PK Thunder back in October when people streamed the 3DS version on Twitch.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The Pits can keep their reflects out longer, but it has noticeable endlag meaning they can be punished easily.
Worth noting that the Orbitars break after taking enough damage, and the endlag is significantly lower (nonexistent?) in that instance.

Funnily enough, it turns the downside of Amplifying Orbitars into an upside in a way.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lol FOP.
I think reflectors in general leave you open for punishes, which is why I think you shouldn't use them unless you main Falco whose reflector has a purpose at least (especially Reflector Void).
I haven't seen any Pit / Dark Pit player use the Guardian Orbitars effectively outside of gimping Ness' PK Thunder back in October when people streamed the 3DS version on Twitch.
Really? I fought a Pit yesterday who used Guardian Orbitars to gimp Ike's recovery and tried to gimp Falco's, but Falco can get to the ledge quickly with Falco Phantasm. Palutena can do the same thing with Reflect Barrier if she places it near the ledge which causes anyone to be pushed back. Here's the thread on Pally's Reflect Barrier gimp: http://smashboards.com/threads/guaranteed-reflect-edgeguard.383644/.

Here's a video on it.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Speaking of Palutena's Reflect

why is the shield hit unblockable?

Which reminds me, I should check and see if the end lag on Rosa's GP was increased in 1.0.4

I rarely use the move in general, but I've been thinking lately that it feels like more of a commitment than it used to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom