• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I just LOVE how convenient SuMo is. Having the option to immediately use the pokemon that you caught is a Godsend. :grin:

And holy crap the story is legit good and it's decently difficult if you turn the EXP Share off. Might actually knock gen 4 as my favourite gen yet. All I need to experience is the competitive meta.

My current gripes are that you can't take a seat and that wild pokemon have a chance in calling their friends which makes it so annoying if you're trying to catch the mon you want. It can really drag on what feels like a while.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just going to be looking through my University books today (I'll be having to highlight around 31 Pages. So I'll be doing six pages a day and watch one video as well on my course).

Also, happy birthday @SBphiloz4! :yeahboi:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Sun and Moon just tops every game we've seen so far, imo
Just the thought of playing X and Y after playing this amazing game just makes me wanna cry tbh

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Just the thought of playing X and Y after playing any other game in existence just makes me wanna cry tbh

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Just the thought of playing X and Y after playing any other game in existence just makes me wanna cry tbh
just the thought of playing ORAS after crying from thinking about playing xy after playing any other game makes me want to cry more

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
sun and moon have more of the battle frontier than oras

good guy buzzwole bringing us what we really want

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I've been playing the hex out of Pokemon moon. I just got a little past the third island. I'm just about to leave for island 4. Any of you who have gotten that far/farther know what I mean.

My heart burst when Lillie did the Z pose to show her determination to be stronger.

Also thank. GOODNESS. Wicke is still on the right side and not secretly insane and evil like the rest of Aether. Ultra breasts was my favorite.

This game is amazing. Shiinotic, Comfey, Ribombee, Araquanid, and of course Incineroar are all amazing.

I'd say Charjabug is amazing, but I just learned how you evolve it...
and I'm hella mad that I'm supposed to wait until the LAST ISLAND, AND THEN LEVEL IT UP, just to get Vikavolt. Gf made some real mistakes with this Pokemon. Not to mention that awful joke of a 43 base speed... I know it seems cool, but opt for something else with a STAB electric attack for your playthroughs. I'm feeling sorely disappointed with the choice rn.
If you want, I can give you a hand and evolve it for you.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Tbh i thought Ilima was female until they referred to ha with male pronouns

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
SYMMETRA REDESIGN HAS FINALLY BEEN REVEALED

Changes:
  • The teleporter still exists; they gave it more more health and some of the health is shields, so it regens over time (still 6 teleports)
  • She has an additional ult (yes, 2 ults) that she can choose between at any time. Second ult is a shield generator that gives "substantial shields" to all of her teammates in a very large radius. It's a buildable object, but it ignores LOS, so you can hide it wherever you want and it'll still work.
  • New ability replacing the old shield one: Photon Barrier. It's a barrier like Reinhardt's, except it's elliptical in shape and it move along on a track. It sounded like it only moves forward and then disappears or whatever, but we'll see if that's really how it works.
  • Sentries have been tweaked. You can now have a max of 6 sentries saved up, which is buffed from 3. Cooldown on the turrets is buffed to 10 seconds
  • Primary fire has slightly increased range
  • They're also adding a "group up" button at the end of games that you can click if you'd like to group up with the random group of people you matched with. If multiple people click it, you'll group up for future games
Kaplan said these changes will be hitting the PTR very soon, and that Oasis will be hitting the PTR "very soon" after Symmetra

The changes are amazing and I'm super excited to try her out

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

Changes:
  • The teleporter still exists; they gave it more more health and some of the health is shields, so it regens over time (still 6 teleports)
  • She has an additional ult (yes, 2 ults) that she can choose between at any time. Second ult is a shield generator that gives "substantial shields" to all of her teammates in a very large radius. It's a buildable object, but it ignores LOS, so you can hide it wherever you want and it'll still work.
  • New ability replacing the old shield one: Photon Barrier. It's a barrier like Reinhardt's, except it's elliptical in shape and it move along on a track. It sounded like it only moves forward and then disappears or whatever, but we'll see if that's really how it works.
  • Sentries have been tweaked. You can now have a max of 6 sentries saved up, which is buffed from 3. Cooldown on the turrets is buffed to 10 seconds
  • They're also adding a "group up" button at the end of games that you can click if you'd like to group up with the random group of people you matched with. If multiple people click it, you'll group up for future games
Kaplan said these changes will be hitting the PTR very soon, and that Oasis will be hitting the PTR "very soon" after Symmetra

For some reason Symmetra is the character I have the highest win rate with so I wonder how I'll do with her changes.

Can't wait to test her out

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Finally beat Pokemon Moon, and I feel sad. Can you guys give me feedback on my Primarina set?:
Energy Ball
Hyper Voice
Sparkling Aria
Moonblast
Nature: Timid
My main question is should I trade Hyper Voice for Ice Beam?

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Changes:

I hope the photon barrier can push or damage people. It'd be another gimp and also be spacing support. Also a new mechanic since there are no damaging barriers yet.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Finally beat Pokemon Moon, and I feel sad. Can you guys give me feedback on my Primarina set?:
Energy Ball
Hyper Voice
Sparkling Aria
Moonblast
I'm still trying to think of a good nickname for my Poppolio before starting Moon.

Unless there's something about it's ability I don't know about, might as well trade for Ice Beam for the coverage. That gives you...a STAB 95 power fairy move, a STAB 90 power water move, then Energy Ball and Ice Beam for coverage...I guess. Can't think off the top of my head what Grass/Ice would be covering that Water/Fairy doesn't already basically hit, but still I can only assume a 90 power Ice move is better than a 90 power normal move.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
I'm still trying to think of a good nickname for my Poppolio before starting Moon.

Unless there's something about it's ability I don't know about, might as well trade for Ice Beam for the coverage. That gives you...a STAB 95 power fairy move, a STAB 90 power water move, then Energy Ball and Ice Beam for coverage...I guess. Can't think off the top of my head what Grass/Ice would be covering that Water/Fairy doesn't already basically hit, but still I can only assume a 90 power Ice move is better than a 90 power normal move.
Ok thanks. Also, Puddin are you ready with the Pichu?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I hope the photon barrier can push or damage people. It'd be another gimp and also be spacing support. Also a new mechanic since there are no damaging barriers yet.
Nope
That would be a bit ridiculous tho. Imagine defending the payload in overtime and then just being able to push everyone off for a second and you win.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'm seriously considering hunting for a shiny Castform and making it (somehow) viable

helP me

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Energy Ball
Hyper Voice
Sparkling Aria
Moonblast
ice is one of the best coverage types especially on a water type like primarina normal on the other hand is garbage as a non-stab type so yes definitely
A Junji Ito manga I'm guessing?
isn't it wonderful how you can instantly recognize that man's brand of nightmare fuel?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
ice is one of the best coverage types especially on a water type like primarina normal on the other hand is garbage as a non-stab type so yes definitely

isn't it wonderful how you can instantly recognize that man's brand of nightmare fuel?
His art style is pretty unique, too.
:196:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I don't have Sumo and Salandit is abnormally ugly and I'd never even consider using it.
:cheep:
Dang gorl, and here I thought you didn't have good taste. 10 points to Cressingor.
I'm seriously considering hunting for a shiny Castform and making it (somehow) viable

helP me
Oops -10 points.

As for making it viable, it'd pretty much just be a weather-team filler. So you'd really only focus on it being one form, which opens the chance to deal damage with heavy hitting moves. Off the top of my head...

1) Rain Dance cuts down fire damage, but also makes Thunder 100% accurate. Sure you can use Thunder yourself, but you're also weak to it. 1HKO city, gorl. So you kind of shoot yourself in the foot with that one since you're already resistant to fire and you're now weak to electricity. It weakens recovery moves like Synthesis, Moonlight, and Morning Sun.

2) Sunny Day cuts down water damage, which you are weak to. It makes Solarbeam fire ASAP and helps out a few grass types, none of which are usually threats to a fire type anyway. Castform can learn Solarbeam, btw. It makes Thunder/Hurricane less accurate... And I think Blizzard too? It makes the recovery moves mentioned above more potent as the downside.

3) Hail can damage other Pokemon and gives Blizzard 100% accuracy. Though it doesn't provide any utility useful to Castform. The upside is it weakens weather-dependent recovery moves.

I say your best bet is Sunny Form Castform, and that also gives you more of a variety for a weather team since fire/grass Pokemon can take advantage of it. As well as any Pokemon that is x2 weak to water. And of course Pokemon with weather-dependent recovery moves.

Castform's offensive movepool is pretty decent and covers a lot of basis with just Fire/Water/Electric/Grass/Flying/Ice heavy hitters (120 BP moves or 90 BP ones, whichever). It's base stats of 70 across the board is where it truly suffers. It's just OK in everything, but OK doesn't cross the finish line. So either a Timid or Modest nature would be required to get the most out of Castform offensively. You could also try a bulky set since it does learn Cosmic Power. Maybe Left Overs + Cosmic Power spam at the beginning and just go ham. Maybe Hail Form would be best so the hail can at least damage the foes since Castform's damage won't be AMAZING enough. Though Water is the best type defensively, even with the Thunder-double-edged-sword thing going on, so maybe bulky Rain Form?

Personally I'd go for a more offensive Castform since critical hits can tear right through buffed defenses. Not to mention there's other ways to bypass buffs now. (Though do note that Castform can learn Lucky Chant to remove all chances of crits happening, so... Eh.)

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Gorl wtf attacking my gorl Salandit like this

if you don't mind me asking, why didn't you just get a Pichu back on Route 1?
Because I didn't know and by the time I found out there was a Pichu there, I was already on the other island. Also the one Puddin has is a timid nature so that's good. Also Puddin are you ready?

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

helP me
I used to have a 4 weathers team in Gen 5 with a Castform and a Hitmontop (spinner/type coverage). It was incredible.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I used to have a 4 weathers team in Gen 5 with a Castform and a Hitmontop (spinner/type coverage). It was incredible.
Well I meant helP as in stop me from using something as bad as Zelda but this can help too.

What was your team?

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Well I meant helP as in stop me from using something as bad as Zelda but this can help too.

What was your team?
So at some point I switched out Hitmontop for Gallade. But basically the premise of the team was to have 5 death fodder Pokemon for Choice Scarf Tyranitar.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Because I didn't know and by the time I found out there was a Pichu there, I was already on the other island. Also the one Puddin has is a timid nature so that's good. Also Puddin are you ready?
gorl you beat the game what are you doing

I can just trade you my Timid Syncronizer and you can find one with your OT super quick. Pichu appears in Hau'oli City shopping area, across from the Poke Center. The IVs the one I caught has is actually bad tho.

I'm still on route 2. I'm pretty lazy with Pokemon tbh. It makes me sleepy so I play it for 30~60 minutes a night, most of which I spent looking for syncronizers so far. Currently I am looking for a modest female cutiefly that I will name Phoebe. GET IT? FEE-BEE AAAAAAAAAAA

Also, speaking of bad, why in the world is Alola-Raichu such crap? It's basically stuck to doubles being some sort of speed-patsy. It can also be a Nasty Plot sweeper, but why it has THAT kind of attack stat instead of funneling it into other stats is beyond me. A lot of the Alola forms are kinda crappy since they went in wrong directions with stat changes (Except Ninetails even tho +9 speed lmao ok ye like speed was her problem). But w/e. There aren't many Alola forms anyway so it's probably more of an after-thought gimmicky thing to get Gen-Wunners on board.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Symmetra's shield is kinda silly.
What.
Is.
This.
So at some point I switched out Hitmontop for Gallade. But basically the premise of the team was to have 5 death fodder Pokemon for Choice Scarf Tyranitar.
So use it as a sandbag, got it.

But I really want to shiny hunt but I don't know what for aaaaaa

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also, speaking of bad, why in the world is Alola-Raichu such crap?
It has the same spatk as Tapu Koko and is even faster than it - and pretty much everything else - in electric terrain (hint: pair them up), seems like a solid mon to me.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Also, speaking of bad, why in the world is Alola-Raichu such crap? It's basically stuck to doubles being some sort of speed-patsy.
some people actually prefer playing VGC. I know I dislike singles.
The potential VGC meta changes actually got me interested in the game but I am still not wanting to buy it.
:196:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Pokemon doubles is 100x more interesting to watch than singles.

I would say "imo" but this is a facT :secretkpop:

Last edited:
Top Bottom