• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
idk what any of your musical preferences are but take a couple minutes to listen to this nu gaze band called The La De Les. Really just listen from 3 minutes in and marvel at how the guy plays 2 guitars at once effortlessly.

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
gorl you beat the game what are you doing

I can just trade you my Timid Syncronizer and you can find one with your OT super quick. Pichu appears in Hau'oli City shopping area, across from the Poke Center. The IVs the one I caught has is actually bad tho.

I'm still on route 2. I'm pretty lazy with Pokemon tbh. It makes me sleepy so I play it for 30~60 minutes a night, most of which I spent looking for syncronizers so far. Currently I am looking for a modest female cutiefly that I will name Phoebe. GET IT? FEE-BEE AAAAAAAAAAA

Also, speaking of bad, why in the world is Alola-Raichu such crap? It's basically stuck to doubles being some sort of speed-patsy. It can also be a Nasty Plot sweeper, but why it has THAT kind of attack stat instead of funneling it into other stats is beyond me. A lot of the Alola forms are kinda crappy since they went in wrong directions with stat changes (Except Ninetails even tho +9 speed lmao ok ye like speed was her problem). But w/e. There aren't many Alola forms anyway so it's probably more of an after-thought gimmicky thing to get Gen-Wunners on board.
So Alolan Ninetales is good? Good because I was thinking about the 6th Pokemon for my team being either Ninetales, Sandshrew, or other Pokemon like Turtonator.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So Alolan Ninetales is good? Good because I was thinking about the 6th Pokemon for my team being either Ninetales, Sandshrew, or other Pokemon like Turtonator.
Ninetails with ha Hidden Ability has always been a decent/good pick, IMO. Especially since she gets Solarbeam usually.

The Alola version of Ninetails has a nice typing of Ice/Fairy. As well as Snow Warning to compliment the swap. She can still learn Nasty Plot and Hypnosis so that's pretty good in itself. Also 2 possible STABs to take advantage of that aren't bad offensively. Her defenses are meh, but at least Fairy cancels out her Fighting weakness and makes her totally immune to DURGENZ. x4 steel weakness tho aaaaaaaaaa. 109 base speed at least helps with setting up faster, I guess.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Ninetails with ha Hidden Ability has always been a decent/good pick, IMO. Especially since she gets Solarbeam usually.

The Alola version of Ninetails has a nice typing of Ice/Fairy. As well as Snow Warning to compliment the swap. She can still learn Nasty Plot and Hypnosis so that's pretty good in itself. Also 2 possible STABs to take advantage of that aren't bad offensively. Her defenses are meh, but at least Fairy cancels out her Fighting weakness and makes her totally immune to DURGENZ. x4 steel weakness tho aaaaaaaaaa. 109 base speed at least helps with setting up faster, I guess.
I would get Alolan Sandshrew, but the typing does NOTHING for it. It literally just makes the fire and fighting types weakness go from x2 to x4. Also, I have the Kadabra waiting for you can we please trade now? I know I beat the game but I spent an hour trying to find the Pichu now and it didn't happen. Plus you have a timid nature. Have you found the name rater yet though? If not I'll still wait. I'm not near my 3ds so I can't see where Route 2 is, but I'm guessing you're still not there yet.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I would get Alolan Sandshrew, but the typing does NOTHING for it. It literally just makes the fire and fighting types weakness go from x2 to x4. Also, I have the Kadabra waiting for you can we please trade now? I know I beat the game but I spent an hour trying to find the Pichu now and it didn't happen. Plus you have a timid nature. Have you found the name rater yet though? If not I'll still wait. I'm not near my 3ds so I can't see where Route 2 is, but I'm guessing you're still not there yet.
Route 2 is right after the first city, after you fight team skull for the first time. I got past the 2nd fight with team skull at the berry farm. IDK where the name rater is, so... Eeeee.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Route 2 is right after the first city, after you fight team skull for the first time. I got past the 2nd fight with team skull at the berry farm. IDK where the name rater is, so... Eeeee.
So what you do is you beat the normal type trial, then you beat Kabuna Hala, go to the next island, and then the first random stor there will have a guy who is the name rater. It's the first city on the second island so look at the map if you want to be sure. It's easy beating the kahuna, especially if you chose popplio or rowlet.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So what you do is you beat the normal type trial, then you beat Kabuna Hala, go to the next island, and then the first random stor there will have a guy who is the name rater. It's the first city on the second island so look at the map if you want to be sure. It's easy beating the kahuna, especially if you chose popplio or rowlet.
I chose Litten because I wanted the Aquaspider later as my water type. :(

Tho TBH it'll probably take me 2 days to reach it. But I get done work at 6pm on Thursday so maybe early Thursday I'll get there.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to watch a recording of a tutorial that I missed yesterday. I forgot about it and I feel bad for not going to it. :c
But on the bright side, I'll be finally getting Sun & Moon today! <3

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
For the longest time I misread pikipek's name as pipikek. If I'd bothered to get a pikipek I definitely would've named it "Top pek."

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I was hoping to get one with Skill Link, but I missed out on my chance. Oh well.

Also, I love that name! Mind if I use it? :secretkpop:
Do it gorl :secretkpop:

Also gaspT, ditto can be found in PoGo now. This is not a drill. Go catch every Pidgey/Rattata/Weedle you can, it may just transform into one!

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Alolan Raichu is amazing if you have Tapu Koko with his free Electric Terrain setup because then alolan Raichu outspeeds everything. Base 110 speed doubled alongside decent sp. atk and psychic (which as an attacking type is quite solid) alongside Electric and things like Thunder Wave or other such things?

Alolan Raichu takes proper support but I'd use it over, say, Alolan Raticate or basically any Alolan form that isn't either Muk or Marowak.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
theres a certain pro player that simply rubs me the wrong way :secretkpop:
frownager.jpg
Jojoger.PNG

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
theres a certain pro player that simply rubs me the wrong way :secretkpop:
This is the guy that uses green Pikachu and then has the gall to say it's one of the top ten best colors in the game. Also, IS ESAM DISRESPECTING MUFFIN MAN AND 101 DALMATIONS THAT BIASED LITTLE BALDY!
EDIT: Just saw the rest of the video. Jesus Christ Esam has made ms more mad at him than before which I never thought possible. Alph. Really? And the Bayonetta red and white looks awsome and Lucina is okay. Lemon lime is amazing and all of Mega Man's color pallets are cool and brown and green are a little less cool.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
>talking **** about Slash Claw

esam you make it really hard for me to like you

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
To talk about Alolan mons I think are worth, I guess I'll go into my diatribe about Alolan Formes. If I don't mention any in here assume they're either sidegrades or just bad.

Raichu: See my last post

Muk: Objectively a straight up upgrade. Goes from mono-Poison (which is bad) to Poison/Dark which adversely is an amazing typing with a lot of neutral resistances and all of one weakness, with a solid immunity to psychic as well. Alolan Muk's movepool is also vastly better with the addition of a large number of Dark type STAB moves that are all good, plus he gets Pursuit as an egg move. Very good, straight up an upgrade from Muk period. Big reason to use him over Drapion for instance is his much better overall bulk (105/75/100 is nothing to sneeze at) plus his access to much more efficient fairy-killing moves (access to STAB Gunk Shot is pretty awesome). He lacks Swords Dance but can indeed utilize Rock Polish to up his speed. Overall pretty decent, def worth using in Single Player if you're willing to invest

Marowak: Also objectively better. I had no idea how to feel about it but I realized that with Lightningrod this thing has 3 immunities and 7 resistances, which is just unbelievable. It's decently bulky and pretty solid, has a good offensive typing, with its only caveat being that it's slow. But with the vast amount of things it can tank, I think it's fine.

Ninetales: I think other people have talked enough about this one.

For funsies
Golisopod: Broken. Put an assault vest on it and you now have a strong, bulky priority spammer that has the DEF of Skarmory and more Sp.Def than Mega Scizor. So fun, definitely worth using.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
  • All of PAC-MAN's palettes are bad, so his inclusion was expected
  • Dalmatian isn't as bad as he made it out to be, but it's not a particularly great palette either. I'm surprised he didn't pick the mono-tan Duck Hunt palette instead
  • Nowi Lucina is kinda gross, but green and purple are my favorite colors, so i don't mind it too much. I'd say it's her worst palette, though.
  • Yellow Charizard is whatever. It's not a good palette, but there are worse ones out there.
  • Wendy is best koopaling so he can just stop right there.
  • Yellow/blue Diddy is my favorite palette for him, so geT ouT
  • Alph is cute and has a pink palette, so he's gud in my book
  • Jeanne Bayonetta is objectively her worst palette, so I agree with him on that one
  • I don't care about anything that isn't white/light blue megaman
  • Rugby shirt villager is great because she is the scariest villager by far. defnitely my favorite palette for ha
I'm surprised he didn't include Cloud because all of Cloud's palettes look nearly the same and are awful

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
ninetales with free hail setup + free aurora veil into sandslash for stupid crazy speed and defense sweep

MMNMMmMMMmMmmmmmmmm

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
To talk about Alolan mons I think are worth, I guess I'll go into my diatribe about Alolan Formes. If I don't mention any in here assume they're either sidegrades or just bad.

Raichu: See my last post

Muk: Objectively a straight up upgrade. Goes from mono-Poison (which is bad) to Poison/Dark which adversely is an amazing typing with a lot of neutral resistances and all of one weakness, with a solid immunity to psychic as well. Alolan Muk's movepool is also vastly better with the addition of a large number of Dark type STAB moves that are all good, plus he gets Pursuit as an egg move. Very good, straight up an upgrade from Muk period. Big reason to use him over Drapion for instance is his much better overall bulk (105/75/100 is nothing to sneeze at) plus his access to much more efficient fairy-killing moves (access to STAB Gunk Shot is pretty awesome). He lacks Swords Dance but can indeed utilize Rock Polish to up his speed. Overall pretty decent, def worth using in Single Player if you're willing to invest

Marowak: Also objectively better. I had no idea how to feel about it but I realized that with Lightningrod this thing has 3 immunities and 7 resistances, which is just unbelievable. It's decently bulky and pretty solid, has a good offensive typing, with its only caveat being that it's slow. But with the vast amount of things it can tank, I think it's fine.

Ninetales: I think other people have talked enough about this one.

For funsies
Golisopod: Broken. Put an assault vest on it and you now have a strong, bulky priority spammer that has the DEF of Skarmory and more Sp.Def than Mega Scizor. So fun, definitely worth using.
golisopod has awful typing (bug in a game with stealth rocks) and a questionable ability his stats and attacks are good however

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
golisopod has awful typing (bug in a game with stealth rocks) and a questionable ability his stats and attacks are good however
Golisopod's bulk is ****ing incredible and offsets whatever issues he has tbh. He has better bulk than Skarmory out the gate but then you slap an assault vest on and he gets effectively 75/140/135 bulk spread. That's INSANE. On top of this he has base 125 atk and really strong STAB moves including one that recovers health. Emergency Exit gives him a free neutral switch in worst case scenarios (this is handy). He's seeing pretty common latter play in Smogon, go check it out if you want. He's basically the Gyarados of this generation. He can additionally run Swords Dance if you feel like abusing his standard already amazing bulk and omitting Assault Vest which boosts his power to insane levels and makes Aqua Jet dumb.

His ability takes smart usage to play with, it's not one of those hurr durr ones that just is good. But the utility and power of this thing is incredible.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The speed doesn't really matter, considering it has three priority moves.

The ability and stealth rock weakness are both pretty real issues though.

edit: I haven't seen it used once in upper-ladder showdown games, either

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Also something worth noting about Golisopod's ability: If your opponent is cheeky and uses Volt Switch and it drops him to Emergency Exit threshold, you switch at the same time and they effectively wasted their time. Same with U-Turn.

It seems like it's bad at first but if you run healing support it gets pretty obnoxious really fast. It can activate multiple times and it's basically a neutral switch.

I've thought about Life Orb on it too, I THINK Life Orb can activate the switch as well? I haven't actually checked though I can use my maingame of Sun to do this, since I just picked up a fancy Life Orb.

It will probably see more use (like a lot of other Gen 7 mons) after Pheromosa and whatnot gets banned (because it's inevitably going to happen) but IDK, it seems pretty good to me. It's not some sort of perfect Pokemon or anything but I think it's more than capable.

Fun note about Golisopod's best priority move First Impression: It's Priority +2, so Prankster doesn't work on it either.

Tho shoutouts to Buzzwole which I think will remain a pretty consistent threat. Muscles are always top tier.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It can activate multiple times
smogon disagrees with you
Emergency Exit activates only once per battle. The first time you get below 50% HP due to LO recoil or taking a hit (but not due to hazards damage), you are automatically switched out into a teammate of your choosing. This occurs immediately after the damage, so unless you used priority, you probably won't get to attack (and will instead just switch). After the first time this occurs, even if you recover HP that puts you over 50%, it won't go off again.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
smogon disagrees with you
My in-game experience must be wrong because people have reported it working multiple times lol. I've had it happen multiple times in Gen 7 Single Player sooooo.....(I'm almost POSITIVE it did. I could recheck pretty easily tbh)

They're still doing data collection IIRC so we'll have to see for sure.

EDIT: Why'd you only read the first post on that Smogon thread? Scroll down and read. Guy admits he didn't even know if it only popped once or not, other ppl confirmed it worked more than once right below it.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
It's been a long time so I feel the need to ask Lavani Lavani why'd you go and make your profile private?

I'm going to assume you got sick of Reserved and other **** LOL.

On the note of Pokemon, we could talk about the actual unfortunate Pokemon of this gen. My favorite missed potential award goes to Alolan Raticate who could've easily been good if it was an all out attacker (Dark/Normal STAB would've been such a good combo) but instead they made it this....bulky....kinda....thing? With a typing that's awful at doing that, no less.

I can't think of another Alolan mon that unfortunate tbh, most of the other ones have some kind of redeemable quality.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Another Pokemon question because I know that's what this week is all about! Should I teach my Salazzle Leech Life instead of Nasty Plot since I already am fast? And also is Alolan Ninetales better than Golispod, because if not than I'm just fiving up on it even though I already have Primarina as a water type.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Another Pokemon question because I know that's what this week is all about! Should I teach my Salazzle Leech Life instead of Nasty Plot since I already am fast? And also is Alolan Ninetales better than Golispod, because if not than I'm just fiving up on it even though I already have Primarina as a water type.
If you're using Beartic and alolan sandslash I'd say Ninetales is worth keeping because of Hail. You kind of have to be ready to run a hail team.

Your best replacement for it tbh wouldn't even be Golisopod, it would probably be Pelipper. ******* is actually REALLY good this gen, and he has drizzle which might be good accentuation to your Primarina, perhaps? Salazzle might not appreciate it though, it's a tough call.

Golisopod is mainly if you want someone who can trash those ugly psychic and/or dark types lying about. Ground types too.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Well, Alolan Dugtrio is just a straight downgrade of regular Dugtrio and Alolan Persian is still bad

It's a shame that the Alolan forms are barely any different. They could have made pokemon like Persian and Raticate relevant, but didn't choose to do so for whatever reason

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Well, Alolan Dugtrio is just a straight downgrade of regular Dugtrio and Alolan Persian is still bad

It's a shame that the Alolan forms are barely any different. They could have made pokemon like Persian and Raticate relevant, but didn't choose to do so for whatever reason
A-Persian has Z-Parting Shot at least, which is REALLY good (Parting Shot but fully heals your next switch in) so at least it has that. Alolan Dugtrio is just unfortunate, the design is so amazing that I wish it was good : <

I think the best Alolan forms in terms of function are definitely Raichu, Muk, Marowak, and Ninetales prob. I might be forgetting one but those four come to mind when I think of things that I like about regional formes like these.

Also have to appreciate the Dodrio buffs this gen AW YEEE

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
A-Persian has Z-Parting Shot at least, which is REALLY good (Parting Shot but fully heals your next switch in) so at least it has that. Alolan Dugtrio is just unfortunate, the design is so amazing that I wish it was good : <

I think the best Alolan forms in terms of function are definitely Raichu, Muk, Marowak, and Ninetales prob. I might be forgetting one but those four come to mind when I think of things that I like about regional formes like these.

Also have to appreciate the Dodrio buffs this gen AW YEEE
I was hoping Persian would be good because I think its design is really cute. Sadly, that's not really the case.

Aside from the new Pokemon, the Mantine buffs have been the most exciting for me. It's always been one of my favorite Pokemon, so seeing it become an actually competent special wall is cool.

Top Bottom