• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
As long as we're talking about gen 7 pokes we like... :^)

Mareanie - Cute. Toxapex is less cute, but actually looks the part of a fort, so design-wise I'm still cool with it. I've yet to really use or breed it since bulky things aren't that great for single player stuff, and at first I didn't think I'd really use it over Slowbro...until I learned just how bulky it is, and that it still got Regenerator, and got Haze. Probably going to be my favorite mon of this gen once I start building for PvP seriously.

Tsareena - Liked its design, but glossed over it initially because Lilligant is mono-grass and one of my favorite mons. Then I saw what this thing did. I'll probably breed one if I start using things that warrant a spinner.

Golisopod - Cool for aforementioned reasons. Not the type of thing that would ever find its way onto any of my teams, but I like its design and stats/kit aside from ability a lot.

Pyukumuku - This thing is hilarious. I like Mareanie/Toxapex more though, and I don't like how it gets completely shut down by taunt, but as an Unaware tank its bulk is ridiculous.

Mimikyu - Great typing, one-hit immunity makes it so easy to set up with. The neck snapping when the disguise is broken is way more amusing than it should be.

Tapus - Very interesting set of legendaries, and the terrain setters I'd been waiting for. I like Lele the most and have only dabbled in Lele/Koko, but all four look quite fun to use.

Ultra Beasts - With the exception of Guzzlord, I love all of them in both design and toolkit. Pheromosa's possibly my favorite Pokemon, love its design and it reminds me of an offensively-oriented Deo-S (one of my favorite things to use in OU last gen pre-ban). Nihilego's adorable, the rest are interesting.

It's been a long time so I feel the need to ask Lavani Lavani why'd you go and make your profile private?

I'm going to assume you got sick of Reserved and other **** LOL.

On the note of Pokemon, we could talk about the actual unfortunate Pokemon of this gen. My favorite missed potential award goes to Alolan Raticate who could've easily been good if it was an all out attacker (Dark/Normal STAB would've been such a good combo) but instead they made it this....bulky....kinda....thing? With a typing that's awful at doing that, no less.

I can't think of another Alolan mon that unfortunate tbh, most of the other ones have some kind of redeemable quality.
It was an easy way to distance myself from this place as my activity dropped off, I'll leave it at that.

Alolan Raticate's Sucker Punch hits even harder than Bisharp's with Hustle, so...it has that going for it, at least? At the end of the day, it's still a Raticate.

Should I teach my Salazzle Leech Life instead of Nasty Plot since I already am fast?
Nasty Plot makes more sense (it boosts SpAtk, not speed). Salazzle hits like a wet noodle on the physical side.

It's a shame that the Alolan forms are barely any different. They could have made pokemon like Persian and Raticate relevant, but didn't choose to do so for whatever reason
A-Persian has Fur Coat + STAB Foul Play, and (Z-)Parting Shot, at least.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
It was an easy way to distance myself from this place as my activity dropped off, I'll leave it at that.
Ah ok, my activity has been rather minimal so I had no idea myself.

On the note of Golisopod again I can see him being in UU more than OU (though the latter is possible maybe? IDK we'd have to see how it pans out because I doubt Pheromosa is staying and there's gonna be lots of testing and stuff). Gol is def UU at worst though, he's basically Gyarados but instead of Intimidate he boasts a ton of Priority Moves. Kinda hope he ends up in UU cause I think OU as a tier is pretty gross and the lower tiers have always been more fun (thankfully Gen 7 contributes to them in fun ways, NU, RU and UU have a lot of stuff to look forward to. Can't wait to run Silvally wild in UU =O )

I'm glad we both like the Ultra Beasts so much. My favorite is UB-02 Absorption, Buzzwole, whatever you prefer. You can't go wrong with that design (large angry red....thing? BEEEEF) Buzzwole seems pretty good too, as an aside, though like the other ultra beasts besides Celesteela he's definitely a min-maxer.

Also how tf is Kartana like 1 inch tall but cutting down large towers? WAT "One of the Ultra Beast life-forms, it was observed cutting down a gigantic steel tower with one stroke of its blade."

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Also how tf is Kartana like 1 inch tall but cutting down large towers? WAT "One of the Ultra Beast life-forms, it was observed cutting down a gigantic steel tower with one stroke of its blade."
Serebii says it's a foot tall

Your point still stands, though

i had no idea it was so small lol

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm glad we both like the Ultra Beasts so much. My favorite is UB-02 Absorption, Buzzwole, whatever you prefer. You can't go wrong with that design (large angry red....thing? BEEEEF) Buzzwole seems pretty good too, as an aside, though like the other ultra beasts besides Celesteela he's definitely a min-maxer.

I love Nihilego, but it doesn't seem to be exactly amazing outside of having various high stats. Otherwise Pheromosa is a cool UB.

As for Kartana, maybe it can like, fly forward (facing downward) with its arms spread and become alike to a slightly longer flying blade? Maybe that combined with speedy movement could lead to a logical answer to the dex claim.

Or the observer if this feat was full of bs lol.

Also Shiinotic is beauty. At this point it's my favorite new poke. Don't bring a poison in on me, though. But it's got some of the greatest moves ever in spotlight and strength sap, not to mention spore and moonblast. Doubles will be fun if you have a poison counter with ha, or a troll gimmick where you spotlight a Baneful bunker Toxapex. :^)

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I love Nihilego, but it doesn't seem to be exactly amazing outside of having various high stats. Otherwise Pheromosa is a cool UB.

As for Kartana, maybe it can like, fly forward with its arms spread and become alike to a slightly longer flying blade? Maybe that combined with speedy movement could lead to some logical answer to the claim.

Or the observer if this feat was full of bs lol.

Also Shiinotic is beauty. At this point it's my favorite new poke. Don't bring a poison in on me, though. But it's got some of the greatest moves ever in spotlight and strength sap, not to mention spore. Doubles will be fun if you have a poison counter with ha, or a troll gimmick where you spotlight a Baneful bunker Toxapex. :^)
I have a theory that if Buzzwole decided to throw Kartana as a projectile weapon it would be capable of breaking into the core of the Earth and destroying the planet.

If the damn thing can cut down a tower at 1 foot tall, I think this is plausible.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm not quite sure who my favorite Pokemon of this gen is yet

I haven't gone on showdown or anything like that, so idk how actual competitive builds of the new guys work

From a design standpoint, I really like Turtonator, Comfey, and Komala, but Mimikyu and Oranguru are also gud

Best ultra beast designs are Pheromosa and Celesteela are the two best imo

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I still don't understand why the Lana/Kiawe/Mallow battles were handled the way they are

like, wtf? they're all completely optional, never made apparent, two of them are restricted only to certain times and they're restricted to versions

why

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm really sad that Pyukumuku isn't as good as I thought it'd be :c

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I still don't understand why the Lana/Kiawe/Mallow battles were handled the way they are

like, wtf? they're all completely optional, never made apparent, two of them are restricted only to certain times and they're restricted to versions

why
But wait, Don't you need Kiawe's Z stone to be able to move on to Mallow? Don't you need Lana's to get past the Sudowudo? I forget, aren't they blocking path progression?

Also the Kahuna/Mallow explain that there are 3 island trials when you arrive.

Also don't you need to beat the other trials to even fight sassy black women kahuna??

I do agree though that aside Mallow, the captains' existence was not made super apparent. I didn't realize Lana was that one blue girl. They don't even show ha before the trial. Kiawe gets at least one tiny cutscene. With Mallow getting introduced right off the boat, I expected her to be the first trial, but no.

I think it was the pacing choices that had each of them feel underwhelming. But I've said it before and I'll say it again, the second island could've taken way longer with much more storyline for each captain, and I wouldn't have minded one bit.

I must have arrived at Lana/Kiawe's perfectly on time then lol, because I didn't realize that ToD restriction was a thing.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
no, I mean the actual battles themselves

after you get to the last town on the 2nd island, you can fight Lana by going into her house, and after you beat Olivia, you can fight Mallow during the day in Moon and Kiawe during the night in Sun if you go in their houses

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
no, I mean the actual battles themselves

after you get to the last town on the 2nd island, you can fight Lana by going into her house, and after you beat Olivia, you can fight Mallow during the day in Moon and Kiawe during the night in Sun if you go in their houses
Oh, haha

Yeah those were especially not acknowledged. I legit had no idea that was a thing. Now I'll go bop them.

My point still stands that those three's appearances in the game felt a little brief.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Caught myself a Mudbray and named it Starbright which is going on my team. Also just fought Gladion as well, plus my Grubbin finally evolved! <3

Good old Bugbus~

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
I LIVE, SISTREN.

Ugh, the weather where I live is so bad. Getting hit with hay fever is literally the worst feeling right now. :x

Oh yeah, and I bought Moon last Saturday, except I've barely touched it because being sick gives me absolutely no motivation to do anything.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Vulpix is Sun exclusive

Moon has Sandshrew instead

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Well, I can't buy Su/Mo with my new found "wealth"

praying I'll get it for christmas (probably not tho)

:150:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just caught myself a Wimpod and named it "Baby Man". After an old meme of Heavy Weapons Guy singing "Pokerface" but instead says "Baby Man". :V

Also about to face Mallow's Trial! :yeahboi:
I'll just need to find one more Pokemon for my team then I'm set.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Just caught myself a Wimpod and named it "Baby Man". After an old meme of Heavy Weapons Guy singing "Pokerface" but instead says "Baby Man". :V

Also about to face Mallow's Trial! :yeahboi:
I'll just need to find one more Pokemon for my team then I'm set.
Get ready. It's the hardest. It isn't that hard though if you've been careful searching in every corner and training. I mean, I only trained my Primarina in this game and my other two Pokemon were still a higher level, a lot higher actually, than the other trainers. My Primarina was about fifteen levels higher than the totm Pokemon because every new route or city was two more level or ten to fifteen minutes of training. Trust me, it's the way to go.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Get ready. It's the hardest. It isn't that hard though if you've been careful searching in every corner and training. I mean, I only trained my Primarina in this game and my other two Pokemon were still a higher level, a lot higher actually, than the other trainers. My Primarina was about fifteen levels higher than the totm Pokemon because every new route or city was two more level or ten to fifteen minutes of training. Trust me, it's the way to go.
I think I'll be fine. I got Pokemon to deal with certain type coverage.

Brionne (Sirena), Trumbeak (Bark), Charjabug (Bugbus), Growlithe (Mars) and Mudbray (Starbright). I already do have my eyes set on catching a Mimikyu later on.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I really love the designs for the Ultra Beasts. Xurkitree and Kartana are currently my favs cause they're carrying me through the battle tree while I save up for Power Items lmao
The stats on these things are insane and I love it

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Totem Lurantis is really being a pain now. :V

It called a Castform which took out my Growlithe, then my Trumbeak, but I managed to finish it off. Then Totem Lurantis called a wild Trumbeak. At least I managed to beat it. It was rather challenging, but fun.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Totem Lurantis is really being a pain now. :V

It called a Castform which took out my Growlithe, then my Trumbeak, but I managed to finish it off. Then Totem Lurantis called a wild Trumbeak. At least I managed to beat it. It was rather challenging, but fun.
Yup. It's the only one that uses it's called Pokemon to it's advantage that well. I had to stall and sacrifice two Pokemon before taking it out with my Primarina.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
My totem Lurantis called a castform which sunny day'd as quick as it could so that Lurantis could spam solar blade. Of course, I just popped Torracat in and it didn't stand a chance. Even before that, my bug powder wielding Ribombee was bopping it with pollen puff.

I'm actually impressed with some of the trainers and Pokemon in this game. They make them play pretty intelligently sometimes.

Other times... Well, I won't spoil it because that trial happens a bit later. It's a doozy though, unless you have a fast pokemon with a dark, and maybe also a poison/steel type move.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Almost all of my Pokemon are now fully evolved! :yeahboi:

So far I got Toucannon (Bark), Arcanine (Mars), Charjabug (Bugbus), Mudsdale (Starbright) and Brionne (Sirena). I'm not evolving my Charjabug, since I gave it an Eviolite, just waiting for my Brionne to evolve, then afterwards I'll get myself a Mimikyu.

Also just beat Olivia as well.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Yay I'm finally back

Bought Pirate Warriors 3 because of the Steam sale ($13 with all of the DLC lol) and I REALLY like it! I DIDN'T really like wasting 3 hours just to make a controller usable because Warriors games don't work with a keyboard at all but everything's good now.
:happysheep:
Also lucahjin finished Ace Attorney 1 yesterday. WHO JUST GOES AND BEATS RISE FROM THE ASHES BLIND WITHOUT MAKING A SINGLE MISTAKE?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Yay I'm finally back

Bought Pirate Warriors 3 because of the Steam sale ($13 with all of the DLC lol) and I REALLY like it! I DIDN'T really like wasting 3 hours just to make a controller usable because Warriors games don't work with a keyboard at all but everything's good now.
:happysheep:
Also lucahjin finished Ace Attorney 1 yesterday. WHO JUST GOES AND BEATS RISE FROM THE ASHES BLIND WITHOUT MAKING A SINGLE MISTAKE?
I will admit, I had to use a walkthrough to get through Ace Attorney. I started to stop using them when I got to replaying Dual Destinies and playing through Spirit of Justice.

Top Bottom