• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just beat the main story of Sun and Moon.

It was a fantastic journey. Being able to meet these new and colourful characters. There were even some really disturbing, creepy and saddening moments too. Like going into that room in the Megamart full of children's drawings of herself and Pikachu. To even fighting Lusamine who fused with a Nihilego. THAT was creepy.

I am sad that Lillie left for Kanto, but she was a rather nice character and had plenty of charm as well. I'll miss her. Will admit, I love Team Skull. The Grunts are down to earth and have more character than previous Grunts in the series, plus Guzma is just awesome too! I am disappointed that the last Trial Captain didn't really do much other then give you her Z-Crystal and walked on.

I did catch myself a Tapu Koko which luckily became a Timid Nature. Dunno whether to consider that good or not since I'll be running it on my VGC Team.

My team progress went this:

Popplio
Popplio, Pikipek
Popplio, Pikipek, Grubbin
Popplio, Pikipek, Grubbin, Magnemite
Popplio, Pikipek, Grubbin, Growlithe
Popplio, Trumbeak, Grubbin, Growlithe, Makuhita
Brionne, Trumbeak, Grubbin, Growlithe
Brionne, Trumbeak, Grubbin, Growlithe, Mudbray
Brionne, Trumbeak, Charjabug, Growlithe, Mudbray
Brionne, Trumbeak, Charjabug, Arcanine, Mudbray
Brionne, Trumbeak, Charjabug, Arcanine, Mudsdale
Brionne, Toucannon, Charjabug, Arcanine, Mudsdale
Primarina, Toucannon, Charjabug, Arcanine, Mudsdale
Primarina, Toucannon, Charjabug, Arcanine, Mudsdale, Geodude
Primarina, Toucannon, Charjabug, Arcanine, Mudsdale, Graveler
Primarina, Toucannon, Charjabug, Arcanine, Mudsdale
Primarina, Toucannon, Charjabug, Arcanine, Mudsdale, Mimikyu
Primarina, Toucannon, Vikavolt, Arcanine, Mudsdale, Mimikyu.

My final team was Primarina (Sirena), Toucannon (Bark), Vikavolt (Bugbus), Arcanine (Mars), Mudsdale (Starbright) and Mimikyu (Kimmy). Onto the post game! :yeahboi:

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Got that timid Pichu ready.

Trying to chain Abras again on the side, but they are just the worst thing ever to chain. Had three chains break pretty early on due to no backup calls for 10+ turns followed by the abra struggling to death.

I need a heal pulse smeargle or something.
Sorry. I saw Doctor Strange. I have a Kadabra so is that ok instead of a Abra?
EDIT:
ok that took way, way too long, but I finally found one, #73 in my fifth chain

Shame its nature sucks (Quirky), or I'd probably just be lazy and skip breeding with IVs like those, but I'm done with that garbage and that's what matters.
I didn't see this when scrolling down, but would you still trade me the Pichu? If you don't have the Smeargle yet, I can try to catch one for you, but I don't know if it'll have heal pulse or not. Does anyone else also have a boy Sylveon that I could borrow until tomorrow?

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
oh my god the sun and moon anime is super cute

5c44ddfa-ea63-452d-83d5-b115c943c5c4.gif

2cd1d9de-ff99-4fe4-8380-0faa3db42adb.gif

At first I thought it was gonna be terrible but I actually really love it. Episode 1 and 2 were kinda boring but so far everything past it has been absolutely fantastic. It's giving me major Season 1 vibes, tbh. Dub is really bad tho; some of the new characters sound terrible (Lillie why) and the old re-used voices don't fit the new artstyle.

tbqh if you haven't seen it yet I really recommend watching the first four episodes, or at the very least episode 3 and 4. it's really gud

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
also Team Rocket has Mimikyu in the anime like everyone predicted

however, anime Mimikyu instead hates Pikachu and is implied to want to torture/kill Ash's Pikachu based on what Meowth was translating from it

also Ash's companions are super cute. Mallow/Lana/Lillie are all adorable, plus Rotom Dex is actually a constant companion so this time the Pokédex can make fun of Ash and be a sassy gorl like in season 1

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin how you doin with Pokemon s/m?
Literally just went to the next route, which is Route 3. How much progress would making Eucalyptus Mint, Lime w/ hint of Lemongrass, Orange w/ hint of peppermint, and Mojito scented soaps equate to in Sun/Moon? I think I made great progress if making all this soap leads to progress in Sun/Moon. Like. I probably beat the Elite 10 at this rate.

THAT ASIDE! I spent all Black Friday buying super cheap crafting supplies. I bet you gorls couldn't even guess what I stocked up on.
:cheep:

BTW gonna mail 6 pounds of variously scented soaps to Symmetra and Zelda. They're such garbo that their stretch is transcending their virtual realm and into our reality. I hope this helps them.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
But Symmetra isn't unusable trash anymore after the rework
I will mail you 1 pound of soap too, since those filthy lies will require a lot of scrubbing and luxurious lather to wash away.

Komala is too precious

It just melts my heart
Oh, well, maybe only 1/2 a pound since you're not entirely encased in filthy lies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Late replies.
Tomie is a wonderful manga
Yes, it's a wonderfully horrific manga. I still have images of Tomie seared into my brain. This is why I do not do anything related to horror; the image-searing. ;_;

His art style is pretty unique, too.
:196:
Ito's humorous too.

All of his work could be considered hilarious in a very twisted, surreal sort of way. For instance, Tomie could be considered a rom-com that went totally wrong: "Lovestricken boys fall in love with a zombie girl who regenerates and multiplies herself. Scream and laugh at the misadventures in Tomie!" The funny part is this is kind of the plot of Sankarea with the exception being Rea doesn't regenerate? nor does she multiply herself. And then there's the genderbent version with Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? (Is This a Zombie?).

Anyway, decided to buy Stardew Valley 'cause it was on sale on Steam. Binged 9 hours into that real quick. It's relaxing, but also hectic which is how the Harvest Moon games for GCN and PS2 felt. Game attraction being farming and living in the countryside and insanity ensues when I try to figure out where to plant stuff, make use of my time, and because of the whole, you gotta get married or game over in the GCN game, woo a random villager. PS2 one, A Wonderful Life, didn't involve marrying, instead, it just had a time loop thing which I didn't figure out until later since the game was about saving the town. Considering it did have multiple endings and that I think some routes forced you to focus on them or have to be really good at routing stuff, I think you were supposed to do your best or get by to learn about the characters and situations. Maybe I should track a copy down... Yay, seller's regret.

I kind of want to play Karin in SFV. She's one of those characters who have movesets I like (seeing), but something about the character doesn't click with me. For Karin, her hair. I can't. Her ringlets are like curly fries -- man, I haven't had those in a long time.

I also really want to tug on them expecting them to spring back. Karin, fittingly, is elegant, but those ringlets... Eh, whatever, I'll get over them. Also, her theme's awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn-TsS5_6ys.

Related to Karin: Chun-Li and Karin have split kicks for their jump hard kick and Ibuki has one for her forward hard kick. Except for Chun-Li, none of them hit on both sides. And I'm sitting here wondering why that wouldn't have been fine for Falco in Smash 4. He could have kept his Bair just like Sheik did, but nope, let's rip off Wolf's Bair. Even if it did hit on both sides like in previous games, would it really have been a problem? It would have been unique at worse. I say at worse since I don't expect them to do something stupid and port the move over and give it the power it currently has or up its power. If anything, I would have expected at least upped startup to the point where it might even be like Ibuki and Karin's where they turns before kicking. Or don't and leave it as is, but with only the back hitboxes like Sheik's.

Smash 4 port rumors for the Switch is really interesting. In a way, it would be the bridge between the 3DS, a portable Smash, and of the Wii U, a console Smash. You can play Smash 4 on the Wii U's gamepad, but it's kind of not like the Switch's concept where you switch between portable and console gaming. Also, because it's the next generation of Nintendo consoles, it's kind of like what happened with Ultra Street Fighter IV where it was re-released on the PS4 and Xbox One. I don't really expect any updates if it does happen even if it's bug fixes like I'm pretty sure Fox's white alt still has a mismatching lens color to the art or quality of life changes like Falco and Greninja not having higher SDI multipliers on their rapid jabs than everyone else. Definitely don't expect anything like major updates e.g. animation changes or new characters since they would have to patch or develop for 3 different systems. The hilarity of it all: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and now, Super Smash Bros. for Switch. Nintendo needs to release another system and we'd have 4 versions of Smash 4.

Peacoat arrived. It's heavy. I think it's the heaviest piece of clothing I have ever owned. Fits well, but very tightly when I layer up 3 times. Still concerned about the golden buttons. Well, at least I have something to keep me warm that doesn't have a messed up zipper.

Killed Gascoigne through sheer brute force. I was down to my last vials and he was down to his last health points. Just slapped each other until one of us -- him -- died. Because I knew about it already, I used the music box and it stalled him. Things like that is always cool to me like in MGS3 if you wore the Raikov mask against Volgin or distract Ganondorf with the mystical fishing rod and bug catching net. Part of it is funny while the other part is adds to the character, particularly ones like Gascoigne and Volgin's where you're reminded of the human sides of them. The best part of it is that they happen spontaneously during battle. There's no cutscenes or breaks. Meanwhile, the last fight of DmC: Devil May Cry...

So, traveled through the Cathedral Ward to Old Yharnam. Went back to the Cathedral Ward to look for stuff, got stomped on by those giants, didn't bother to check the stair case up where the giant patrols, and then got through most of Old Yharnam while being pelted by gatling gun bullets. Last thing I did was unlock the shortcut to the lower levels near where the boss apparently is. Also, shenanigans with the hunter in that area who would not go down the staircase near the shortcut and ladder, but would just sucker punch me through the smoke at the top of the stairs. Killed him and then got ganged up and shot at by Djura while trying to get an item in a corner. Oh, and screw the crow things. They're so low to the ground that locking-on sometimes doesn't help and anti-airing them sucks.

One of the guys from game design was watching me play and asked if I knew how to parry. Yeah... Parrying or any type of perfect defense system has always been a problem. I could not do perfect blocks with Royal Guard in DMC3 or 4, tablehop in DMC4 with Nero, pretty sure I sucked at perfect blocking in both Castlevania: Lord of Shadows and God of War 3, and I rarely ever got parrying right in Demon's Souls. I stick to a hit and run strategy which works, but in games like Bloodborne and Demon's Souls where you won't always stagger the enemy and can be horribly outranged, it doesn't always work. Yeah, let's try to hit and run with the Threaded Cane and Saw Spear. Monsters just laugh at my puny human attempts to fight them. Cue giant slamming a giant axe onto me. That was when I decided I probably can't fight them now. Doesn't help that I dumped all my points into Skill, so I'm pretty much running a glass cannon build without the cannon part.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Got myself a Type: Null (I did soft reset so I could get a nature that would be perfect for a mixed attacker. Specifically a Hasty Nature), also managed to reach the Battle Tree and fought against Red (Smell ya later Blue. :secretkpop: ).

So now I'll be hunting the Ultra Beasts now. Wish me luck that I get ones with good natures.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
New Pokemon Generations!:
And here's episodes 1-4 of the Sun and Mon anime!:

If you guys wanted to know, both the Japanese and the English voice actors stayed to voice Ash, and I believe in the English version the person who voices Lily is the same person that voiced Serena in the previous seasons. Is this still even considered an anime? Also, I didn't know I could put more than 5 videos at a time. What's the maximum amount of videos I can put in one message?

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I think it'd be best if we put that wall of videos into a spoiler.

I've managed to capture a Nihilego. Timid Nature. That good for it?
Since I'm now off to catch UB-02 Absorption. Well, technically two of them. So one could be Adamant, another Relaxed.

Update: Caught both. They each have a Naughty and Lax nature. Which both decrease Sp. Def. I'm fine with that, Buzzwole's Special Defense is crap anyway.

Caught myself Xurkitree. Only Modest, the other I think was Naive. As for Kartana however, I managed to get all four and I will admit, I did soft reset for them all. But I managed to get them being Adamant, Jolly, Impish and Careful. Now trying to catch Guzzlord.

I've now caught Guzzlord, was hoping for it to be Adamant, but I checked its stats and Modest seems to be just as good. It's SpAtk is only 4 points lower than its Atk. So I'm keeping it as Modest, plus I can teach it Draco Meteor.

One more thing. What Nature would you recommend on the last Pokemon I'm going to catch?

I was thinking Modest, but then I looked at its movepool. It looks terrible on the Special side, so I'm considering hoping for it to be Adamant, since it's Physical movepool is great. What do you think gorls?

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Which Nature would you say is better for Necrozma? Adamant or Modest? Since it has less Special Attacks then Physical Attacks. (16 Special Moves, 23 Physical Moves.)

Sure it has 127 Special Attack. But it's strongest move is its signature move which is just a Hyper Beam with 10 more BP. It's strongest move it can learn that isn't a 2-turn move is Psychic, whereas on the Physical side. It has 107 Attack, but it's strongest Physical Move is Stone Edge, Return and Earthquake that aren't 2-turn moves. So which one do you think is better?

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Would someone be willing to trade with me so I can evolve my Kadabra and Haunter?
I will. Could you also trade me something like a good nature Pichu or Raichu or a male Sylveon (if it's the Sylveon I'll get it back to you later today) in the process?
Which Nature would you say is better for Necrozma? Adamant or Modest? Since it has less Special Attacks then Physical Attacks. (16 Special Moves, 23 Physical Moves.)
Depends on which kinds of moves are better and give it the most coverage in my opinion.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Depends on which kinds of moves are better and give it the most coverage in my opinion.
I'll provide a list of the Physical and Special Moves it can learn:

Physical -
Metal Claw
Slash
Rock Blast
Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Frustration
Earthquake
Return
Brick Break
Rock Tomb
Aerial Ace
Facade
Thief
Fling
Brutal Swing
Shadow Claw
Smart Strike
Giga Impact
Stone Edge
Gyro Ball
Bulldoze
Rock Slide
X-Scissor

Special -
Charge Beam
Mirror Shot
Confusion
Stored Power
Power Gem
Wring Out
Prismatic Laser
Psyshock
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Solar Beam
Psychic
Round
Flash Cannon
Dark Pulse

Those are all of the Physical/Special moves it can learn.

Last edited:
I will. Could you also trade me something like a good nature Pichu or Raichu or a male Sylveon (if it's the Sylveon I'll get it back to you later today) in the process?
I've only got a lonely nature pichu (+att - def) I've only reached the second island so the choice of pokemon I have/can get is pretty limited atm. Is there anything else you want?

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Drowned in pools for Sm4sh in Paris.

But it must be said

I think I played pretty damn well

Lost to Phogos (Diddy) in Winners & LoNg0uw (ROB) in Losers, all the while upsetting PikaForLife one of the best Pikas in EU

So not half bad LMAO. The people who beat me were clearly better than me so I can't get too mad at all. The only thing I am annoyed at is the fact I dropped two Dthrow > Uairs against Phogos in Game 2 which is really just a minor thing really

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Drowned in pools for Sm4sh in Paris.

But it must be said

I think I played pretty damn well

Lost to Phogos (Diddy) in Winners & LoNg0uw (ROB) in Losers, all the while upsetting PikaForLife one of the best Pikas in EU

So not half bad LMAO. The people who beat me were clearly better than me so I can't get too mad at all. The only thing I am annoyed at is the fact I dropped two Dthrow > Uairs against Phogos in Game 2 which is really just a minor thing really
Good attempt there. At least you managed to beat one of the best Pikachus.

Edit: I've given up on getting either nature for Necrozma. I can probably either trade it for a good nature, or catch another one in Moon.

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
I've only got a lonely nature pichu (+att - def) I've only reached the second island so the choice of pokemon I have/can get is pretty limited atm. Is there anything else you want?
Do you have an Evee that you can make a Sylveon? I'll still trade right now if you want to.

Last edited:
Do you have an Evee that you can make a Sylveon? I'll still trade right now if you want to.
I've just hatched the eevee you get from the nursery and it's male so I can eventually evolve it into Slyveon if you don't mind waiting. Yeah that'll be great I can trade now, i'll add your FC. Mines 0018-1695-8353

Edit: I've managed to evolve it into a Slyveon now (never knew you could raise affection this quickly!)
If anyone else is free and wouldn't mind trading, I would appreciate it

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
I've just hatched the eevee you get from the nursery and it's male so I can eventually evolve it into Slyveon if you don't mind waiting. Yeah that'll be great I can trade now, i'll add your FC. Mines 0018-1695-8353

Edit: I've managed to evolve it into a Slyveon now (never knew you could raise affection this quickly!)
If anyone else is free and wouldn't mind trading, I would appreciate it
So sorry, but I'm going to have to wait until about 8:30-9:00 p.m. today because I'm in the car going back home.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Sure it has 127 Special Attack. But it's strongest move is its signature move which is just a Hyper Beam with 10 more BP. It's strongest move it can learn that isn't a 2-turn move is Psychic, whereas on the Physical side. It has 107 Attack, but it's strongest Physical Move is Stone Edge, Return and Earthquake that aren't 2-turn moves. So which one do you think is better?
physical necrozma sucks, between those two definitely go modest

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
physical necrozma sucks, between those two definitely go modest
Thanks. I'll try and get another Necrozma when I get to Moon.

On the plus side, since I'm playing Sun. I managed to get four alternate Natures for Kartana. Adamant, Jolly, Impish and Careful. So at least I have a choice between Physical Sweeper, Fast Sweeper or Bulky Physical Attacker. It's funny that Kartana's catch rate is 255. I think that might've been a bug or oversight from the developers.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
warning: lots of pogey

Stuff I still need/want to breed, probably in order of priority:

- Kingdra
- Pelipper
- Carracosta
- Dragonite
- Raichu
- Tsareena
- Chansey
- Mandibuzz
- Murkrow/Honchkrow
- Mantine
- Azumarill
- Decidueye

Unfortunately a lot of stuff I want this gen isn't available (Altaria? Omastar? Volcarona? Mawile? Swampert? Beedrill? Contrary Serperior???) or is disappointing without tutors, but I probably have the "main" mons that interest me ready at this point.

Pelipper/Kingdra/Tapu Koko sounds like a fun battle spot team.

I kind of want to chain for a shiny Tsareena, but Play Rough and Synthesis are egg moves. Maybe I could do an AV set with Trop Kick/HJK/U-Turn/Rapid Spin?

Smeargle probably has some fun new toys to play with this gen. Might have to breed one, but it can't get things like Geomancy or Happy Hour without bank. It could probably make use of stuff like Strength Sap well, though.

Mimikyu seems annoying to deal with. Perhaps I should get something with multi-hit moves to deal with it...unless I can just wall it with something like Aegislash (Shadow Claw?) or Toxapex (Wood Hammer?).

Pheromosa can do so much and I don't know what direction I want to take it in aaaaaaaaa. I regret not getting HP Electric on at least one.

Still not sure how to grind to lv100 in this game without restaurants or an actual daycare. E4 is really slow.

Is it too late to get Ash-Greninja from the demo if I didn't play it before?

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
If you're gonna run Tsareena, I'd honestly recommend scarfing it instead. I don't see the point of going for an AV set without being able to heal. Scarf would allow you to outspeed a ton of 'mons and hurt them really bad with things like Trop Kick because -1 attack. Plus, they can't just switch in some priority revenge killer and end you. They need to directly outspeed you or they're screwed.

I'm pretty sure you can get Happy Hour on Smeargle using the event Munchlax. Just have a wild one sketch it.

Mimikyu is really annoying, tbh. I'm not sure if it's common enough to warrant a move slot, but when it's sent out, it can really put a dent in your team. Disguise is OP af.

I'll need to check again, but I'm pretty sure I have a Pheromosa with HP Electric if you want one. It's mild natured, tho.

The only place to really grind in the game is Poni Island, tbh. One part of the island is carrying lv50-60 wild Pokémon, iirc. It's still really bad, but I guess it'll get the job done?

I'm p sure you can still get Ash Greninja, too. Just play through the demo and send it over, it should work fine.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If you're gonna run Tsareena, I'd honestly recommend scarfing it instead. I don't see the point of going for an AV set without being able to heal. Scarf would allow you to outspeed a ton of 'mons and hurt them really bad with things like Trop Kick because -1 attack. Plus, they can't just switch in some priority revenge killer and end you. They need to directly outspeed you or they're screwed.

I'm pretty sure you can get Happy Hour on Smeargle using the event Munchlax. Just have a wild one sketch it.
Scarf makes the most sense on it, but choice locking into rapid spin sounds really sad, and I'd want to breed for Play Rough. I'm just trying to justify chaining for a shiny because hatching hundreds to thousands of eggs sucks :158:

I didn't even look at that thing closely enough to realize it had Happy Hour, thanks lol

I'll need to check again, but I'm pretty sure I have a Pheromosa with HP Electric if you want one. It's mild natured, tho.

The only place to really grind in the game is Poni Island, tbh. One part of the island is carrying lv50-60 wild Pokémon, iirc. It's still really bad, but I guess it'll get the job done?

I'm p sure you can still get Ash Greninja, too. Just play through the demo and send it over, it should work fine.
Mild might be a dealbreaker, thanks anyway tho. I haven't run into any situations where I actually need it yet (and I've only been running physical sets so far), it just occurred to me that it's not getting past Mantine or Gyarados without that.

I feel like that would be slower than the e4...

Sick, I'll do that later then. If I remember.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
If you set up a chain, I'm p sure Poni Island wilds ate faster simply due to less time being spent sitting through animations and stuff. Idk tho.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
ok so i have sun and holy **** theres a certain boss that is total bs
screw wishiwashi i had to cheese it to win

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Life will never be the same.
There was a problem fetching the tweet