• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Happy Birthday @Virtue gorl!

Uneventful Halloween so far. Knowing my neighborhood, my house is probably only going to get one trick-or-treater all day, just like last year lol. Spookiest thing I've come across so far is /r/pokemon (though anxiously waiting for my IT101 midterm to arrive in my hands came close, though I got a B+ thankfully haha).

Now I must go to face the daunting tasks that are getting myself motivated to draw a spooky creature and...doing my homework.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Initial impressions of Yuga and Ravio in HW after one mission with both:

Yuga - Like most Lightning weapons, he's very fast and is intended to keep the opponent in the air for lightning damage. He's pretty good with crowds, and his C5 comes out faster than most and provides invincibility. C1 has an interesting mechanic. While just pressing the button makes him do a short charge in his painting form, holding the button has him summon a glyph at the end of the charge, which freezes enemies in place, and after a few seconds fires a burst of electricity, similar to Sheik's Bolero of Fire C1. I can see it being a great combo tool. (Also Yuga's victory animation might be the best in the game ngl)

Ravio - He seems to be pretty standard. I'm not sure what to think of him yet tbh. Like Yuga he's pretty good in a crowd, though I think he's too slow to be very good against characters and bosses.
Also 11/10 running animation

Another note, they FINALLY GAVE US A REASON TO GET HEART CONTAINERS. I'm not sure if it's in the Wii U version, but they added a new Aug skill that increases damage based on your amount of heart containers. Finally there's a point to getting them besides 100% mmm

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So Cress how cool does my character look?
You got Ringabel and male White Mages look really ugly so I just shoved you into his default outfit.
Now you look good enough to date.
Another note, they FINALLY GAVE US A REASON TO GET HEART CONTAINERS. I'm not sure if it's in the Wii U version, but they added a new Aug skill that increases damage based on your amount of heart containers. Finally there's a point to getting them besides 100% mmm
What's a Wii U and why would they give it stuff

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
You got Ringabel and male White Mages look really ugly so I just shoved you into his default outfit.
Now you look good enough to date.

What's a Wii U and why would they give it stuff
Good point
Feel free to give back all those DLC characters k thnx

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I feel like this Halloween, I could've been watching the Dub of Ghost Stories. Instead I'm spending it to watch Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches. :V

Least that's kind of related to Halloween. Since it's got Witches.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Updated Hyrule Warriors and played around with the new DLC a bit

My initial impressions of Ravio were underwhelming, but he seems to be more about his standard string than combo moves. Good hitboxes, can nearly get two full strings off on characters after C1/C2 before they can tech. Charged C1 is kind of neat, C4 is solid for giant bosses, standard string's hitboxes and untech time are huge, other moves either seem too slow, too weak, or both.

Probably haven't fooled around with Yuga enough yet but I'm not crazy about him. Thunder glyphs after combos are a neat gimmick, but he doesn't seem good against giant bosses and I (so far) don't feel like there's reason for me to pick him over book!Lana, Tridentdorf, or Shiek.

also ravio's win pose is great

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Ravio giant boss notes

Attack sequence: C4 x3

King Dodongo: Can lead C4 or just start attacking when he drops, literally free
Argorok, Manhandla, Helmaroc King, Phantom Ganon: Start standard string when they reveal WPG, won't break if you lead C4
The Imprisoned: Strict timing, need to start C4 as soon as the WPG appears (initial hit from ice forming needs to connect!)
Gohma: Gets up before third C4 without focus spirit/hasty attacks, use C4 C4 special otherwise

I still haven't figured out a way to break WPG with Yuga in one go without special, so I don't think he can unless I'm just really bad at him. I think he could do it with C5 spam with hasty attacks though.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ravio giant boss notes

Attack sequence: C4 x3

King Dodongo: Can lead C4 or just start attacking when he drops, literally free
Argorok, Manhandla, Helmaroc King, Phantom Ganon: Start standard string when they reveal WPG, won't break if you lead C4
The Imprisoned: Strict timing, need to start C4 as soon as the WPG appears (initial hit from ice forming needs to connect!)
Gohma: Gets up before third C4 without focus spirit/hasty attacks, use C4 C4 special otherwise

I still haven't figured out a way to break WPG with Yuga in one go without special, so I don't think he can unless I'm just really bad at him. I think he could do it with C5 spam with hasty attacks though.
I did C5 spam with Focus Spirit and it went in one go
Dunno if that's cause of FS or because of Hasty or because of Argorok but eh we'll figure it out

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
weebfree.jpg
And ofc this is ha response:

H E L P ~ M E E E

I can listen to Junkgorl's/Mama Mercy's/McGorl's/Gorlrilla's/Icegorl's/Gorlji's voice forever tho, so it's not too cringy for me I guess.

This is probably what Lil Puddin Lil Puddin wants to do to all of his teammates when they don't appreciate him carrying the team. :V
Actually, more like this tbh

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Halloween is the worst major holiday of the year and I'm glad it's over

Now we can get on to the real holiday of this week: Sombra's reveal

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ravio's C1 is a huge commitment. You can only dodge cancel at the beginning of the move. Afterwards, charge or not, you have to wait for the entire animation to end.

Sorry for the HW spam but hey this is the Zelda Social :secretkpop:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Now you look good enough to date
oh yeah and I decided to dress up as you for Halloween. I was already dressed up as BJN so I just switched costumes real quick.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Halloween is the worst major holiday of the year and I'm glad it's over

Now we can get on to the real holiday of this week: Sombra's reveal
I wonder how many toolbags are gonna boo Sombra's reveal at Blizzcon?

Like. Srsly. They got a 40 dollar game with hundreds of hours of entertainment. They get free new maps/characters. And they cry about it taking more than a month to get something new? I cannot even.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So... Apparently there's going to be a Sonic movie and it's a CGI and live-action hybrid: http://nintendoeverything.com/sonic-movie-reported-to-be-hybrid-cg-animatedlive-action-family-film/. Here's hoping it ends up like "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and not "Sonic '06: The Movie Based On The Game You Never Asked For". Also Sonic-related and old news, but Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice got a trailer that was funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef2XdDAWekM. I should really try and watch the Sonic Boom cartoon.

Anyway, King is soooo pretty. Without context, this could be hilarious like Tekken's King being pretty. Look at him, look at his beautiful eyes. But no, I'm talking about King of Fighter's King who seemingly becomes more waif-like in each game... Also, kind of an unfortunate name considering the game she's in. She could have been named Rei. People would think it'd be like "Ray" as in Ray Charles, but it would have a double meaning since Rei means king in a couple languages and if you add in "ne", then it becomes Reine which means queen in French. Adding in "na" could work as well which would lead to Reina which means queen in Spanish, but she's French, so... Eh... whateves.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Halloween gives me an excuse to do amateur cosplay. Last year I did Link and this year I did Squall from FF8, but I followed the Dissidia FF design. Surprisingly, I found most of the parts needed at a thrift store.

*incoming pictures of my face*
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Pics are ****ty but I'm pleased with how it turned out

Reference pic:

I didn't have time to do the sword unfortunately. It's gonna be a pain in the ass to do if I ever decide to try though
I also cheaped out on the belts :/

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Did you all have a good Halloween? Mine has been fine, though I didn't really do much. But I'll be progressing further with my work, especially my main assignment, 400 words but I'm allowed to include images and words on the image will not effect my word count thankfully.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Okay. This I was not expecting. I was expecting Empoleon, but Croagunk? Huh.

Guess this is maybe the 2nd time a Fighting Game had a character that was both an Assist and Playable. The other being in Dengeki Fighting Climax where they had both Miyuki and Tatsuya as both Playable characters and Assists.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
idk why they decided to make croagunk into a silly character but i want him

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Croagunk seems like it'll be the Dan Hibiki of Pokken. It looks like a joke character.
hopefully he's more like rufus from street fighter 4, a silly character with silly animations that is not a weak joke character

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
hopefully he's more like rufus from street fighter 4, a silly character with silly animations that is not a weak joke character
During the stream gameplay it didn't seem like he did much damage
And he has ACTUAL RNG MOVES
Croagunk is the true Rock Paper Scissors character

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
During the stream gameplay it didn't seem like he did much damage
And he has ACTUAL RNG MOVES
Croagunk is the true Rock Paper Scissors character
hopefully it's like villager's turnips where the move basically does the same thing but sometimes it gets a bit better but can be dealt with the same way. Otherwise if it's like Soul Calibur's Dampierre or Castlevania Judgement's Maria who would just fall down into a hard knockdown state for no reason other than because rng decided to then.....

the things I saw to find this button tho

Top Bottom