• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

yo pikachu looks so good in pokkén with electric wind god fist shenanigans. never played tekken anyways so...
it's like, when it wins, this gif shows up

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Challenge accepted~

S tier
1) Love's Vagrant (Holy ****) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHdnI1OpsA0
I love you
So anyways! Would you recommend Bravely Default, gorl? The husbando says it's really really good but I can't get past the ugly interface design.
I mean if you like the old FF type of games you might like it. other people shouldn't decide for you, I think its all up to watching videos of it. also do Graphics really matter? Isnt it about having fun?

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Do it. Triforce earings on a guy would be hot.
oh no! my mom told me about this, it's peer pressure! AAAHHHH

yo pikachu looks so good in pokkén with electric wind god fist shenanigans. never played tekken anyways so...
it's like, when it wins, this gif shows up
can we go back to when pikachu was fat and cute?

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
If you wore those, you would get all of the Zelda loving guys....
I have a Zelda loving guy already though :p

@ Soul. Soul. I love how Pikachu has this 'tough' expression for Pokken. No longer just this cute, adorable mouse, but one of someone that is about to do something horrible to you.

Kinda like Smash 4 Zelda's expression, actually

Last edited:

Soul.

can we go back to when pikachu was fat and cute?

I have a Zelda loving guy already though :p

@ Soul. Soul. I love how Pikachu has this 'tough' expression for Pokken. No longer just this cute, adorable mouse, but one of someone that is about to do something horrible to you.

Kinda like Smash 4 Zelda's expression, actually
Pika just looks so good in this game. All these Tekken references are so funny.
I may or may not get Pokkén but eh, it seems like a good game to watch. It plays and feels like a Naruto the raging Ninja: Ninja Storm game or something...never tried those either but lolnaruto

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Huh, I just realized that Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Hitmontop would be the Steve Fox, Hwoarang/Baek Doo San, and Christie Monteiro/Eddy Gordo of the game.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I've never been into Tekken, but I'd probably get Pokkén if it ported to NA Wii U.

Does it count that I love Soul Calibur, though?

Soul.

I have no idea as to why does Pokkén seem interesting while the main Pokémon games are boring after you complete the game.
Breeding is such a waste of time..... ;_;

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I never played Dynasty Warriors or Tekken, and I still got Hyrule Warriors/planning to get Pokken because my love for Legend of Zelda and Pokémon is that strong :]
I want to get Hyrule Warriors, but I'm slightly worried I won't like the fighting style of the game. How would you describe it, and how strongly would you recommend it to others? I'm hoping a friend of mine will get it sometime soon so I can try it for myself.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I have no idea as to why does Pokkén seem interesting while the main Pokémon games are boring after you complete the game.
what breeding is about making the perfect animals/pokemon

I want to get Hyrule Warriors, but I'm slightly worried I won't like the fighting style of the game. How would you describe it, and how strongly would you recommend it to others? I'm hoping a friend of mine will get it sometime soon so I can try it for myself.
I got it and I will admit I haven't played anything like it. I feel like I was putting my wii u though a stress test by putting so many moving objects on the screen

Last edited:

Soul.

what breeding is about making the perfect animals/pokemon
Even if that's what it does, it's time consuming and forces you to breed Pokémon again if one IV is low.
Pretty much the only reason why I don't play the main games competitively. Showdown / Pokémon Online bruh.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Yeah, breeding is one of the things that turns me off from Pokémon, even though they made it easier in 6th gen. Sometimes you just wanna play (with your competitive Pokémon), and not put in all that time to get your shiny 31 ivs, insert nature here, insert pokeball type here - Pokémon. And well, Pokémon battles are a mood thing for me.

I was worried too at first, but it helps to start up the game with low expectations. I personally enjoyed the game, though like Pokémon, I have to be in the mood for it, because it's not something I want to do all the time. Yes, it does get repetitive, but there's a bit more depth into it for people who care to make use of the combos for a specific situation.

Though the story wasn't... the most inspiring, the cut-scenes were kind of neat to watch, and they make you wonder about possibilities for future LoZ titles.

Last edited:

Soul.

Yeah, breeding is one of the things that turns me off from Pokémon, even though they made it easier in 6th gen. Sometimes you just wanna play (with your competitive Pokémon), and not put in all that time to get your shiny 31 ivs, insert nature here, insert pokeball type here - Pokémon. And well, Pokémon battles are a mood thing for me.
Right? I got a 6 IV Gible w/ Rough Skin and it's now a Level 50 Garchomp. Though that thing was made for doubles. I also have a 6 IV Modest Charizard w/ Solar Power. Took me like 3 days to get them. Like you said sometimes you just want to play right away, but breeding stops that from happening. It's unfortunate.

Also, bonus GIF. Welcome our Pika overlord:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Right? I got a 6 IV Gible w/ Rough Skin and it's now a Level 50 Garchomp. Though that thing was made for doubles. I also have a 6 IV Modest Charizard w/ Solar Power. Took me like 3 days to get them. Like you said sometimes you just want to play right away, but breeding stops that from happening. It's unfortunate.

Also, bonus GIF. Welcome our Pika overlord:
That's why I don't get on people's cases who hack Pokémon to play competitively. As long as the stats and everything is legal/legit, I have no qualms. Then again, that's what Pokémon simulators like Pokémon Showdown/Online are for.

That gif...

Looks like a 70:30 MU for Zeldavoir... Pika's favor :p

Soul.

That's why I don't get on people's cases who hack Pokémon to play competitively. As long as the stats and everything is legal/legit, I have no qualms. Then again, that's what Pokémon simulators like Pokémon Showdown/Online are for.

That gif...

Looks like a 70:30 MU for Zeldavoir... Pika's favor :p
Getting legit Pokémon via PokéGen or SAV is fine by me as long as, again, they're legal. Wish that happened with Gen 6. Oh well, Showdown / PO exist so it's not like it matters. I'm taking a break from playing Pokémon anyway.

Also yeah, I find the GIF funny because Pikachu is good in everything else except the series it comes from (Pokémon). xD

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Pikachu is good in everything else except the series it comes from (Pokémon). xD
Don't forget the anime! Ash's Pikachu can hax by hitting Ground types, and beating evolved Pokémon... but it can't beat the 6th gen's Bug Gym Leader's Surskit!

Oh and Pokémon Contests in ORAS for what that's worth

See? Pika's even got the sass too

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Have I told you how much I like you
ily2 bby

I mean, other than Little Mac, doesn't Bowser Jr. have the worst recovery in the game? It's super gimpable/unreliable/just bad in general.
The upB is pretty gimpable, but his recovery overall covers a lot of distance and he can still attack and airdodge after his upB at least.

If anything, runner up for worst recovery is Dr. Mario. His horizontal isn't much better than Mac's, and on stages with walls his vertical is worse. Mac also at least has the option to change up how he recovers (sideB, upB, counter, niche instances where neutralB superarmor can come into play).

Soul.

Don't forget the anime! Ash's Pikachu can hax by hitting Ground types, and beating evolved Pokémon... but it can't beat the 6th gen's Bug Gym Leader's Surskit!

Oh and Pokémon Contests in ORAS for what that's worth

See? Pika's even got the sass too
That artwork looks like something from Bravely Default (another thing I haven't played because lack of interest).
I dunno why but I don't like the Gen 5/6 anime. Just feels so weird after Sinnoh lol. X/Y has good animation tho, I'll give it that.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I would highly highly recommend it. It works by a combo system yes... But it has incredible depth, especially in adventure mode. HW is an extremely fun title and can be very addicting and a good stress reliever.

D

Deleted member

I've never played a Pokemon game (plz don't kill me), but I'm really interested in Pokken Tournament cx. If Jigglypuff is confirmed to be a fighter...

Soul.

I've never played a Pokemon game (plz don't kill me), but I'm really interested in Pokken Tournament cx. If Jigglypuff is confirmed to be a fighter...

It's fine if you haven't played Pokémon.
Not sure about Jigglypuff.
I wonder if Pokkén will end up being more competitive than Splatoon.

D

Deleted member

It's fine if you haven't played Pokémon.
Not sure about Jigglypuff.
I wonder if Pokkén will end up being more competitive than Splatoon.
But......but Jigglypuff............S-SHE CAN FIGHT TOO......Pokken Tournament looks really fun to me xD

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If Jr gets hit out of Up B, he can press A to regain his clown car.
It has to be a heavy enough hit to force knockdown though.

At lower percents in particular you get situations like this and this where you just get hit and it's like "welp I'm boned".

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
ily2 bby

The upB is pretty gimpable, but his recovery overall covers a lot of distance and he can still attack and airdodge after his upB at least.

If anything, runner up for worst recovery is Dr. Mario. His horizontal isn't much better than Mac's, and on stages with walls his vertical is worse. Mac also at least has the option to change up how he recovers (sideB, upB, counter, niche instances where neutralB superarmor can come into play).
You mean stages without walls? Doc can wall-jump, unlike in Melee, and so can Little Mac.
Doc also has the tornado and can ledge snap with his sheet.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You mean stages without walls? Doc can wall-jump, unlike in Melee, and so can Little Mac.
Doc also has the tornado and can ledge snap with his sheet.
Mac's walljump is actually a ton bigger than Doc's.

I lost my comparison gfy but Mac can recover from the bottom magnifying glass with a walljump

EDIT: Found it.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I would highly highly recommend it. It works by a combo system yes... But it has incredible depth, especially in adventure mode. HW is an extremely fun title and can be very addicting and a good stress reliever.
Thank you and @ Mocha Mocha and @ Furret Furret for the insight. I'll still probably only buy it after getting to test it out for myself.

Btw Lozjam, you did get my post yesterday, right? We ended up posting at the same time, and I wasn't sure if you'd seen it.

Top Bottom