• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Typical discussion of what makes Phantom bad. Oh, and Din's Fire. And also her custom moves. And most of her other moves too.

... So basically why Zelda is bad. :)

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
Use Farore's Wind ehryday. OOS > KO @ way earlier than your moves.

It flipping KO'ed a pika that was VI'ing correctly at like, 25%.
lolwat..

Have you guys tried to nair cancel into Farore's wind around 70%~ish? I talked to Mocha about this, it's usually a guaranteed hit if you space and time it correctly. And KO's if sweet spotted right (Which isn't hard)

Typical discussion of what makes Phantom bad. Oh, and Din's Fire. And also her custom moves. And most of her other moves too.

... So basically why Zelda is bad. :)
I kinda like Phantom, it helps her recover. And I'd take Phantom any day over a down b I never use (transforming into Sheik)

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
lolwat..

Have you guys tried to nair cancel into Farore's wind around 70%~ish? I talked to Mocha about this, it's usually a guaranteed hit if you space and time it correctly. And KO's if sweet spotted right (Which isn't hard)
)
Actually @ Alacion Alacion brought it up and its craziness. He even had a GIF of it or something. I love the idea of Zelda having SOMETHING to be feared.

Last edited:

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
Actually @ Alacion Alacion brought it up and its craziness. He even had a GIF of it or something. I love the idea of Zelda having SOMETHING to be feared.
She had her OP lightning kicks :p

I think once everyone has a general understanding of the game, KO'ing with Farore's won't be as easy. Of course us Zelda mains will also step up our game and find mix-ups with Farore's

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
No problem, bud (:

And idk, we're kinda talking about all sorts of things regarding Zelda, and since is the social thread, it's been a pretty much general chat. Milky, go buy yourself an HDMI cable (they should cost too much) so that we can play Smash U lol

micstar615

Smash Ace
At least we have patches guys! Patches! Maybe next time she'll get a 0.5% FTilt buff <3

We should seriously be able to store Phantom.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
them off stage faroes kills had me like O.O. Zelda's effects are so good looking on the Wii u. makes me wish i didn't have to wait for it.
At least we have patches guys! Patches! Maybe next time she'll get a 0.5% FTilt buff <3

We should seriously be able to store Phantom.
or at least make phantom not reflectable....or cut the lag time. hell i'd be happy if i could move the moment i let phantom fly because then i could really take charge even if it could still be reflected. imagine running with phantom side by side...

i just want Nair to auto cancel, is that too much to ask for?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Lol'd when I saw Rosalina Gravitational Pull Zelda's Phantom. At least there's no cooldown to reuse Phantom...

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
Don't know why you all complaining about how terribad Zelda is... She's been placing well in tournaments so far I heard. I think Nairo won a few tournaments with her as well

HAVE A LITTLE FAITH.

No problem, bud (:

And idk, we're kinda talking about all sorts of things regarding Zelda, and since is the social thread, it's been a pretty much general chat. Milky, go buy yourself an HDMI cable (they should cost too much) so that we can play Smash U lol
Getting the HDMI cable isn't the problem, it's getting the game with the bundle gahh

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
It's not that we are complaining that Zelda is bad, it's more or less we know that she IS bad. But that doesn't stop us from using her. We just have to work our butts off to make her win tourneys. Nairo's doing well as of now, so here's hoping that this is momentum for things to come with our princess in the future. c:

We just have to first accept the character we have in front of us (a bad character) in order to improve. Otherwise, we can't go anywhere. Then, we can place some faith in her and make her work.

Kriscake

Smash Rookie
The worst thing is facing opponents that know and exploit Zelda's weaknesses. I find I get so infuriated when I am outspaced/camped by the better players and our approach options are limited now that RC pivot range was nerfed and the delay on even the short phantom is a tad too long to go for that option sometimes.

Storable phantom would at least give us that bit of self defence from wall of air assault or being outrolled by super armor mac. Also hate how Fsmash is too easilly DI'd out of. Zelda needs some more reliability buffs to her kit.

Still love her character and playstyle though. I will strive to get better with these thoughts in mind...

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
just so that i know it's just me, for anyone else who's had the 3ds version does it freeze your system often? like it doesn't even force close you have to hard reset it.

I've had this problem from launch and while it seemed to cool down and not happen as often, but the past week every 1-6 matches my game is freezing...and its annoying me to no end XD

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
On the bright side, the only way they wouldn't patch Zelda is if they're completely oblivious to all her flaws. Not even pure buffs, simple things like people falling out of her smashes and ftilt/Phantom blind spots. And Din's exploding in people's faces but missing.

The alternative is that all this stuff was intentional, which would be the worst of all.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
I "thunderstomped" some folks on wifi today with Dair.

That was more satisfying than I imagined.

I now understand that little joy that Ganon players experience!

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I was actually putting in work on 1v1 fo' glory myself, which surprised ME considering I think I suck and I hadn't played in a little.

Scored just about every beautiful KO in the book: SH AD BAir, Gimping w/ DAir, FW elevator (multiple times) or even just straight up LKs.

There was even this one time I sort of accidentally FW'ed at a Kirby after Dthrow. (Grounded, not like guarateed at all or even close) and I hit him as he jumped away and YOLO killed him at 70% to win while I was 50%+ behind :p

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
I read this chat for Fuujin posts. He/she is funny. Is he/she coming back or is he/she banned forever? I feel like he added a spark of flavor to this forum.

Also the thunder foot, up smash combo is really satisfying. I totally get that.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I think Zelda is still the worst character in the game but if you land a BnB combo move at low percents then you can string moves together for 20-40%

I really feel rewarded for landing stuff unlike in Brawl where instead I was punished for it.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
just so that i know it's just me, for anyone else who's had the 3ds version does it freeze your system often? like it doesn't even force close you have to hard reset it.

I've had this problem from launch and while it seemed to cool down and not happen as often, but the past week every 1-6 matches my game is freezing...and its annoying me to no end XD
Never had anything like that happen. I have the X and Y XL, if that makes a difference.

These Zelda combos. Never thought I'd say that. My favorite one is Dtilt>Utilt>Jab>Grab>Uthrow/Dthrow>Nair>kick or stomp.

Of course it's not always consistent. I cut out some attacks sometimes. But it still feels great. I managed to 0-death a bad Ganondorf the other day. Happy memories. :smirk:

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
inb4Amiibotournaments.

I actually tried out my Amiibo yesterday (a Link one) and felt like I was fighting a level 1 CPU. Granted, he started to 'improve' as he leveled up, but I'm not sure how exactly I'm supposed to teach him habits and stuff.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
BC so free lol.

... Wait, that's my region.

And I don't think Zelda is that bad. She's 3rd to bottom, if you ask me. ccccc: (Doesn't change much)

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
BC so free lol.

... Wait, that's my region.

And I don't think Zelda is that bad. She's 3rd to bottom, if you ask me. ccccc: (Doesn't change much)
Who's worse? Ganondorf/Olimar?

I'd say she's the worst in the game, despite her recovery being one of the very best.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I can't see how anyone is worst off than Olimar. I love the little guy but he just does not work. We always point out how Zelda feels in beta. Well, Olimar feels like he's in alpha. (geddit, because Alph)

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
If there was, I doubt I could take it seriously.

Too many characters with undeveloped games out there, or too many characters with moves that we may deem as 'really good' - before we figure out how to deal with them/shield/etc a few months from now.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Funny, starting from the 5th worst, I personally think that Megaman, Olimar, Zelda, Ganondorf and Wii Fit Trainer round off the bottom 5 as of now.

*controversy intensifies*

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So Nairo, Zhime and Ed all use Red Zelda. I for some reason feel kinda bad and mainstream for also using Red, haha. #ColourPaletteProblems

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
White and Blue are hands down the best alternative costumes.

Oh yeah! I remember Zhime. He wanted me to train his Zelda back in Brawl. He's pretty good with her in P:M too

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Zhime's Zelda in PM is crazy good. Easily the best in the business in that game.

You can definitely see his passive aggressive play style from PM carry over in those vids above in Sm4sh.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Has anyone noticed that doing a turn-around down tilt with Zelda is slower now? Like if you're down tilting in one direction, and then all the sudden you turn around to down tilt, it's a bit slow compared to Brawl.

Edit:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 2)
  1. Mocha,
  2. micstar615,
  3. Milky

Needs more 'M' names.

Last edited:
Top Bottom