• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Someone in the CCI thread is saying Zelda is bad not only because of her usual dysfunctions, but because her Uair is frame 14 which is slower than the average frame 13 reaction time they "learned about" in a video. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here thinking it and Ike's frame 13 Uairs are fine for what they do and for how strong they are. If Zelda's was significantly any faster, it would probably be bordering broken if not broken. At the same time, knowing the developers, Zelda could have a faster Uair, making it a juggle type one which wouldn't really work because Zelda's slower than Captain Falcon, Mario, ZSS, etc., and it would lose its high damage and KO potential, the main draws of the damn thing. Welcome to the life of Falco's Uair post-1.0.8. Thanks, we totally needed an Uair that KO'd later than Mario and ZSS's despite doing almost double their damage. All we needed was the removal of the dumbass sour-spot it had since Melee and the startup reduction was nice, but we really didn't need lower damage, lower knockback growth, and angle changes for each of its freaking hitboxes. Oh, and something about how Zelda hits like a wet noodle despite someone saying that only 4 of Zelda's moves don't KO at 120% or something... All I'm getting is a feeling of what reeks of misinformation and I hate misinformation.

Also, forgot about this.
Hey look! It's Darjeeling and Kay from Girls und Panzer! How do I know this? Mindless safebooru browsing a while back and finding one of kapatarou's art of them together. Kay looks adorable in them.

On another note, skin on my last 3 knuckles on my right hand were torn off because I didn't wrap my hands right. Practicing straights and punching hard lead to that. Yippee, stupid Ffamran who needs to wrap his hands better when practicing... Also, stuck on if I just want to play Dragon's Dogma only or start a playthrough of Sacred or Torchlight or continue Dark Cloud 2 for the nth time to play alongside. DC2, I remember because of those millions of incomplete playthroughs, but I recently learned that I've been upgrading weapons wrong or inefficiently... I don't know if you can get another Serpent Slicer.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Ana looks really cool

Her design sounds is questionable, though

ranged healing+damage boost+enemy debuffs+literally putting the enemies to sleep sounds absolutely stupid

Love her appearance and character design, though. Her backstory is great.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Speaking of which. Beefy Smash Doods posted a video about more untechable stuff. More or less, when you're in a spinning knockback animation. So technically, Link can TC into if he gets the spinning knockback animation.

Which happens 1/4 of the time over 100%. :V
Another reason why Tr4sh is a bad gayme

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
initial ana thoughts

- Ranged heals aren't instant but seem to heal quite a bit. Guessing it's similar to Zenyatta heals except up to n HP instead of los based.
- No Heal debuff is simultaneously the best and worst idea ever. Has a lot of potential, but also further discourages people from playing actual healers in pub rooms.
- Damage Amp seems really tame compared to other support ults, unless the damage actually is pants-on-head and the ohkos weren't just staged. Assuming it's basically Mercy M2 as an ult until shown otherwise tho.
- Damage output kind of worries me considering she was shown to kill Widow in one hit, but dunno if that was just staged for the sake of the trailer.
- Tranq both seems like a terrible idea and like they're trying to compensate for Widow/McCree nerfs by bundling a sniper and stun into one package.

her inclusion kind of worries me but she could be cool

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Go to the overwatch website and look at her abilities there

Her gun doesn't seem to do that much damage

iirc it took ~4 shots to kill full health Reaper

The Nano Boost is her ult? That's kinda lame. However, the website says it gives your target damage boost, movement speed boost, and damage resistance all in one. That's pretty lol

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
GGs, those were fun :) I have a type of character that clicks with me: heavy/turtly/zoning. I suck with rushdown and floaty.
GGs to you too.

I'm kind of glad that the Miis won't be allowed at EVO from having to fight the shenanigans you have. And I was playing like TRASH in most of them anyway.

And I still feel bad for using Marth. :V (Even though that spike was awesome.)

Also Rickster Rickster , why did you send me a clip of you using trash? >:C

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
- Damage output kind of worries me considering she was shown to kill Widow in one hit, but dunno if that was just staged for the sake of the trailer.
I'm like 99% certain it does 80 damage. The official site has her using it on Reaper, who has 250 HP, and 3 shots takes him down to a very small sliver of health.

Get ready for a lot of "Ryūjin no ken o kurae! + NANOMACHINES, SON!" combos when Ana's released.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I was just reminded of the best Super Mario World video

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Apparently the Wesboro's Church gym got conquered by a Venomoth called "STOP HATE"

Good job internet.

:150:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
GGs to you too.

I'm kind of glad that the Miis won't be allowed at EVO from having to fight the shenanigans you have. And I was playing like TRASH in most of them anyway.

And I still feel bad for using Marth. :V (Even though that spike was awesome.)

Also Rickster Rickster , why did you send me a clip of you using trash? >:C
That Bayo was being a ***** but they ended up button mashing a dair to their death after 2 jabs

I was with friends at the time and we thought it was funny idk

I also barely use Sheik anymore (I was doing character requests) so I wanted to save the moment, lol.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
That Bayo was being a ***** but they ended up button mashing a dair to their death after 2 jabs

I was with friends at the time and we thought it was funny idk

I also barely use Sheik anymore (I was doing character requests) so I wanted to save the moment, lol.
That clip was lol

At first I was like "...This Bayo ain't bad tbh..."

Then at the end...LOL It was so sudden

I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of having done something like that before... :4bayonetta:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Anyone up for some games right now?

I'll most likely play Corrin 82% of the time

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I somehow missed the 2 new Pokemon

Fat bear-raccoon thing is gross and i don't like it

Mimicyu is adorable and I love its design. It's really unique and the type combination is cool, too. I'm definitely using one for my first playthrough of Moon

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
GGs Virtue Virtue , those were really fun~ :happysheep:

I think on what you can do is air dodge a tad bit less. I was able to punish you at times because of you airdodging

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
GGs Virtue Virtue , those were really fun~ :happysheep:

I think on what you can do is air dodge a tad bit less. I was able to punish you at times because of you airdodging
GG's Koiba, thanks for the tip. :)
I really get predictable but I don't know how to change it mid battle. Especially with Mewtwo because he has such a good air dodge.

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
That Westboro article actually had the best worst line ever.
"Pokemon Go and sin no more. That's what the lord Jesus Christ said," he added.
Oh yes, that was my favorite part of the bible.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Passion (Japanese version) / Sanctuary (English version) by Utada Hikaru is awesome. I don't care for Simple and Clean. It didn't catch me like Sanctuary did. Sanctuary is also nostalgic in a good way while Simple and Clean isn't for some reason... Both games are nostalgic -- I love both of them --, but for some reason, Simple and Clean doesn't make me feel good if that makes any sense unlike Sanctuary. Was able to stumble on her other songs on radio a while back... I think it was on Pandora. Apple & Cinnamon is a fun song. Also, I have no idea where I heard her Come Back To Me, but it might be because I was trying to find Apple & Cinnamon. Come Back To Me is soooooo cheesy to me. Shame she had a falling out with Square Enix...

On another note: I kind of wished there were more multi-hitting moves, specifically normals, that look like single-hits like Ryu's Utilt and heavy Ftilt or from another game, Sagat's roundhouse. Why? Eh, more different things to make things look different. Other reason is that it could help some multi-hits by having the setup hits "connect quicker".

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
That Westboro article actually had the best worst line ever.

"Pokemon Go and sin no more. That's what the lord Jesus Christ said,"

Oh yes, that was my favorite part of the bible.
Yes I believe that was in the book of Genesect.

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
So I went to the state library and there were a bunch of people outside with their phones out. I walked past them and took a quick peek at what some were doing.

Literally everyone was playing Pokemon Go.

The bandwagon expands.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
So I went to the state library and there were a bunch of people outside with their phones out. I walked past them and took a quick peek at what some were doing.

Literally everyone was playing Pokemon Go.

The bandwagon expands.
2 days ago I went on a walk to explore the neighbourhood

I was heading back then one girl who looked like she was 15ish years old. She just lowered her car window and yelled: "ARE YOU PLAYING POKEMON GO BECAUSE I AM" Then drove past me

So Pokemon Go is a pretty great conversation starter

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Experience... more movement options than Melee...

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
2 days ago I went on a walk to explore the neighbourhood

I was heading back then one girl who looked like she was 15ish years old. She just lowered her car window and yelled: "ARE YOU PLAYING POKEMON GO BECAUSE I AM" Then drove past me

So Pokemon Go is a pretty great conversation starter
That's so cute omg

I'd join in on the Pokemon Go hype except that every time I try to get in either the server's down or my mobile data isn't working properly for whatever reason

I don't think Nintendo wants me to play this game

edit: lmao why did I say maintenance
I'm so hungry I'm not thinking properly

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
People take gyms away so fast it's not even worth trying to take them back
Especially when everyone is like LV. 15-20 and I'm still struggling at LV. 10
I'll just focus on the Dex
Some really nice guys helped me find a Scyther earlier today :0

Edit:
Fat bear-raccoon thing is gross and i don't like it

Look what I can do with 5 minutes in Paint :^)

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Starting to wonder if im the only person not playing pokemon go
I somehow missed the 2 new Pokemon
hmm they been announcing new pokes lately?
(takes two seconds to look)
A stoat! why is it so angry?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Found out last night that Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late is now on Steam. :yeahboi:
Guess that means I'll be maining Sion. :3

Also, I like the two new Pokemon that were announced in CoroCoro, Mimicyu looks adorable; and its typing is fantastic too. Only three weaknesses, three immunities. That's great! (I'm curious whether Disguise will be like Zoroark's Illusion or Ditto's Imposter)

Also, I'll be cracking on with my final exercise I have to do for Uni for this week, then I'll be working on the exercises for next week.

Top Bottom