• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
She felt more relatable than most princesses. Frog romance aside.

But if we're talking supernatural romances here, just look at Beauty and the Beast. A more innocent Twilight.
yeah that's why she was my favorite too

She wasn't really a princess per se, just a regular girl with big dreams. It was a nice change in tone.

:150:

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't care much about any of the Disney princesses.

And good evening everyone.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Back to the last page about RPGs:
Instead of listing my top 10, I'll just post my favorites from every series I've played.
Mario & Luigi:
Dream Team by far. No doubt the best music, the longest and most challenging game in the series, and most replayability.

Paper Mario:
Well it would be Super, but thats more of an adventure/platformer, so I guess Thousand-Year Door takes it. No real explanation needed. :p

Pokémon:
This is challenging because every generation had something. 3 had lolstalgia, 4 had Battle Revolution and I had crazy fun with the multiplayer on that with friends (not Colosseum or XD because we didn't try to make competitive teams in gen 3), 5 had online multiplayer that finally worked well, and 6 has the best music/visuals. I guess I'll go with Black/White because Ubova was my favorite region, it was so diverse. I lost Black 2 shortly after buying it but that game seemed better. Maybe I should rebuy it eventually. :/

Final Fantasy:
I'm gonna cheat here and say Bravely Default (should be getting Second next month and I have a good feeling that that one will be better). Fun/funny classes, amAZING music, and every character felt so detailed. Also Victor and Victoria are the new age Jesse and James.

Fire Emblem:
I seriously can't choose, I'm gonna avoid this one. (Especially because you'll be criticized no matter what game you pick by the "true fans" lmao you aren't a fan if you hate every game). I will say that I've played all of the English games besides Radiant Dawn and Shadow Dragon and I started before Awakening released so I'm not an Awakening bandwagoner. (With Sacred Stones specifically).

Mother/Earthbound:
3!!!!! LUCAS IS MY BABY AND HIS GAME MAKES ME CRI EVRYTIEM!
...I'm so sorry, I promise that I'll never do that again.

Xenoblade:
Well I've only played X so...

I feel like I've played from more series than just this but I can't remember them. Oops.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
gah! so many things to respond to but the words just do not come out.
I guess I can say Villager (more specifically Rugby Shirt) is my favorite character in all of fighting game history. Ever since smash 4 every other fighting game character gets compared to Villager before i can consider playing as them

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
I have information leading me to believe that a member of the Akatsuki is hiding in this thread posing as an innocent gorl.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
The people that hate Dark Pit like he stole a slot from whatever loser they felt need to grow up.

Sakurai gave him to us just be nice. He had a few spare hours to add in a few clones from beloved titles, but we still complain.

Sakurai roasted the haters anyway:

"This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge. In a restaurant with this type of service, I don’t think there’s anybody who would say, “Change this to a meat dish!!”

Yet, I’m told [to do that] about Smash Bros. But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped."

Dayuuuuum!!!

:150:
Sakurai: Here's a free dessert!
Me: This is just an old sock you painted black...
Sakurai: YOU SHOULD BE MORE GRATEFUL

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Btw this is the best Disney princess.
She is the sassiest for sure.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Got an email from my Tutor about my 2nd Assignment for my University, so I've printed that out so I can have a look at it (Plus, apparently my assignment starts this week. Kinda odd. :V) Plus, I'm gonna try and do as much as I can today. Also, I'll be going to my Tutorial on Saturday, so I won't be back till around the evening. Also, there will be cakes at this tutorial. :yeahboi:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
At least Pokemon tends to have lots of pretty fan art. And Zelda, but there's nothing new lately that was like 'omg I need to use this as my avie'.

Good male Corrin pictures are even harder to find, the female one gets all the love :/

Last edited:
Whether I see Shulk in low or mid tier, I honestly feel legitimately bad because I dropped him for Corrin. Like, a part of me wants to keep going with the character and see how his meta grows.... but the logical side of me is telling me to pick a better character that's actually viable and suited for my playstyle

:|

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Whether I see Shulk in low or mid tier, I honestly feel legitimately bad because I dropped him for Corrin. Like, a part of me wants to keep going with the character and see how his meta grows.... but the logical side of me is telling me to pick a better character that's actually viable and suited for my playstyle

I know that feeling. Although while I did drop Shulk and Roy, I'm still dedicated to using Lucina.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I had issues with having more than one serious main
I can sympathize. But well, since you put some amount of work into Shulk, at least before Corrin, I'd at least keep him as a pocket character. You might end up having one of those days where your main/other characters aren't working out for you vs a particular opponent, then you pull out a Shulk and it's not so bad cause no one knows the MU and you can use him decently.

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice

I really don't get how people see Shulk as a lackluster character. He just requires more commitment than the rest of the sword characters. I mean, his edgeguarding is probably among the best in the cast. But I guess I shouldn't be talking since I've never tried to play the character myself.

I can sympathize. But well, since you put some amount of work into Shulk, at least before Corrin, I'd at least keep him as a pocket character. You might end up having one of those days where your main/other characters aren't working out for you vs a particular opponent, then you pull out a Shulk and it's not so bad cause no one knows the MU and you can use him decently.
I could keep Shulk for match ups against sword characters. Although I'm comfortable with using Corrin against them, I'll probably have a much easier time ysing Shulk
I really don't get how people see Shulk as a lackluster character. He just requires more commitment than the rest of the sword characters. I mean, his edgeguarding is probably among the best in the cast. But I guess I shouldn't be talking since I've never tried to play the character myself.
I switched for 2 reasons

1) His frame data is a fatal fundamental issue

2) Too much effort is required to optimize and hell even play Shulk. Sometimes, it feels as if it wasn't worth it

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
On a totally unrelated topic, today I got to see my boy come back to Street Fighter and it was marvelous. God, the theme song, the character design, everything~

Guess I have to get Street Fighter 5 ASAP (new PC or PS4, one or the other)

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
I could keep Shulk for match ups against sword characters. Although I'm comfortable with using Corrin against them, I'll probably have a much easier time ysing Shulk

I switched for 2 reasons

1) His frame data is a fatal fundamental issue

2) Too much effort is required to optimize and hell even play Shulk. Sometimes, it feels as if it wasn't worth it
Doesn't the speed art improve his frame data though? And its not like a character with that much range should have the best frame data, the problem is :4cloud:pretty much broke that standard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom