• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
So I'm the only one who dislikes DK? This character may as well be called Bair simulator because that's all that character needs for neutral, comboing, and killing.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
If you haven't stage spiked someone with a Cargo Throw you haven't truly played DK.

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
Evening~

I currently have the biggest grin on my face because of this.

Also, lmao at the title of this video.

This person does two taunts at the beginning and neither are down taunt. Automatically discredits title, smh.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'd do my own listing as well on Sm4sh. But we all know who's gonna be where. :secretkpop:

Instead, lemme ask you girls this. What are your 5 or 10 favourite JRPGs of all time. :3

Persona 4 (PS2) -
As of now, one of the best JRPGs I played by ATLUS; but that'll most likely change once Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE comes out. But still an amazing RPG, I still own the PS2 version; just haven't been bothered to get Golden or a Vita, not really interested in Sony's handhelds anyways. :V

Breath of Fire 4 (PS1) -
Shame this was the last JRPG that Capcom made that was actually good. I've heard of how bad Breath of Fire 5 was, and that Mega Man X JRPG as well. But this one is fantastic, good characters, fun battle system, and the Dragon System is great too. I would've put Breath of Fire 2 here, but the Engrish on that one is... pretty bad.

Shining in the Darkness (Mega Drive/Genesis) -
Funny story, when I looking on the WiiWare shop on my Nintendo Wii for I believe it was one SEGA game, my Mother came in and asked "Can you get Shining in the Darkness on there?". And there it was; it's a unique and fun JRPG with a dungeon crawling, maze-like system, you go around the dungeon and have random encounters that shift into a classic JRPG battle. Heck, one of the shops in the town is run by Gillius from Golden Axe. That is pretty cool. :D

Final Fantasy 9 (PS1) -
This is hands down my favourite Final Fantasy game. Plus, it was my very first as well; I just loved the atmosphere of the world, plus with it on Steam, I might be able to relive the nostalgia from this game. Plus, the Trance System is very cool, with that risk/reward mechanic and each character getting buffed from it with their own unique traits enhanced (Quina can instantly kill any monster that is edible with "Cook" in Trance. And Vivi can use his "Black Magic" twice in Trance in one turn). The card games, monsters, music, everything is just soooo good. <3

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Gamecube) -
This title would obviously be here. =w=
And it's pretty much the best Paper Mario title out there. Super Paper Mario was good, Sticker Star was... boring, and I'm worried about the new one coming soon. But anyway, TTYD has in my opinion the best battle system on it, and the most memorable characters in the Paper Mario Universe; plus each character feels very viable and useful, and let's not forget about the humor as well. :yeahboi:
And the amount of care that went into this game is astounding. I just hope that we get another Paper Mario like this in the future.

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (DS) -
This is my favourite in the M&L Series. While I did love Dream Team, and I thought Paper Jam was enjoyable (Despite being the Sonic 06 of Mario & Luigi). I feel like none of them could capture the fun and enjoyment that BIS had. Plus, getting to play as Bowser for the first time in a JRPG outside of Super Mario RPG, was really refreshing; and it actually felt more fun compared to Partner's in Time which is in my opinion, the worst out of the M&L Series. But still, it's a great JRPG and I still love it to this day. <3

Pokemon (GB/GBC/GBA/DS/3DS) -
...Well... DUH.

Dragon Quest 9 (DS) -
This was the fourth Dragon Quest game I ever played. First was Dragon Quest 8: Journey of the Cursed King, Dragon Quest Swords (This one sucked. It was an on-rails game where you swung the Wiimote to attack. :V) and Dragon Quest: Monsters Joker. But Dragon Quest 9 was the one I put the most time into. The ability to create your own character in Dragon Quest was really fun to do, even changing and creating other characters and their jobs as well. I did manage to beat the game, but I never did get all of the Classes or all of the Recipes for the Alchemy Pot. But it's a really fun game that I definitely recommend checking out. And I'm waiting for Dragon Quest 8 to come on the 3DS. :V

Grandia (PS1/Saturn) -
This is VERY underrated JRPG on the SEGA Saturn and PS1. And by god, it's an amazing JRPG; it's linear which can take away the replay value, but it makes up for it with a great story, memorable characters, awesome skills, and speaking of skills. How you gain them is from leveling up, but not by leveling up one of the characters, it's from leveling up the Weapon or Magic they have; by using a certain weapon or spell enough, it'll level up and give that character an increase in a certain stat as well; along with learning new skills/spells too; and leveling them up more will shorten the time you have to wait before you can perform that skill/magic attack. Plus, the battle system is VERY cool as well.

Earthbound (SNES) -
I don't think I need to say much about Earthbound. It's pretty much that one JRPG that did poorly when it first came out, but now look. It's one of the greatest JRPGs ever made. I don't think I have much to say about this JRPG; other than Ness is still High Tier in Sm4sh because of that Back Throw. :V (Why didn't he just use his Back Throw on Gigyas to defeat him. Gurl, what're you doing!?)

What're your favourite JRPGs girls? :3

Last edited:

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
I'd do my own listing as well on Sm4sh. But we all know who's gonna be where. :secretkpop:

Instead, lemme ask you girls this. What are your 5 or 10 favourite JRPGs of all time. :3

Persona 4 (PS2) -
As of now, one of the best JRPGs I played by ATLUS; but that'll most likely change once Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE comes out. But still an amazing RPG, I still own the PS2 version; just haven't been bothered to get Golden or a Vita, not really interested in Sony's handhelds anyways. :V

Breath of Fire 4 (PS1) -
Shame this was the last JRPG that Capcom made that was actually good. I've heard of how bad Breath of Fire 5 was, and that Mega Man X JRPG as well. But this one is fantastic, good characters, fun battle system, and the Dragon System is great too. I would've put Breath of Fire 2 here, but the Engrish on that one is... pretty bad.

Funny story, when I looking on the WiiWare shop on my Nintendo Wii for I believe it was one SEGA game, my Mother came in and asked "Can you get Shining in the Darkness on there". And there it was; it's a unique and fun JRPG with a dungeon crawling, maze-like system, you go around the dungeon and have random encounters that shift into a classic JRPG battle. Heck, one of the shops in the town is run by Gillius from Golden Axe. That is pretty cool. :D

Final Fantasy 9 (PS1) -
This is hands down my favourite Final Fantasy game. Plus, it was my very first as well; I just loved the atmosphere of the world, plus with it on Steam, I might be able to relive the nostalgia from this game. Plus, the Trance System is very cool, with that risk/reward mechanic and each character getting buffed from it with their own unique traits enhanced (Quina can instantly kill any monster that is edible with "Cook" in Trance. And Vivi can use his "Black Magic" twice in Trance in one turn). The card games, monsters, music, everything is just soooo good. <3

And it's pretty much the best Paper Mario title out there. Super Paper Mario was good, Sticker Star was... boring, and I'm worried about the new one coming soon. But anyway, TTYD has in my opinion the best battle system on it, and the most memorable characters in the Paper Mario Universe; plus each character feels very viable and useful, and let's not forget about the humor as well. :yeahboi:
And the amount of care that went into this game is astounding. I just hope that we get another Paper Mario like this in the future.

This is my favourite in the M&L Series. While I did love Dream Team, and I thought Paper Jam was enjoyable (Despite being the Sonic 06 of Mario & Luigi). I feel like none of them could capture the fun and enjoyment that BIS had. Plus, getting to play as Bowser for the first time in a JRPG outside of Super Mario RPG, was really refreshing; and it actually felt more fun compared to Partner's in Time which is in my opinion, the worst out of the M&L Series. But still, it's a great JRPG and I still love it to this day. <3

...Well... DUH.

Dragon Quest 9 (DS) -
This was the fourth Dragon Quest game I ever played. First was Dragon Quest 8: Journey of the Cursed King, Dragon Quest Swords (This one sucked. It was an on-rails game where you swung the Wiimote to attack. :V) and Dragon Quest: Monsters Joker. But Dragon Quest 9 was the one I put the most time into. The ability to create your own character in Dragon Quest was really fun to do, even changing and creating other characters and their jobs as well. I did manage to beat the game, but I never did get all of the Classes or all of the Recipes for the Alchemy Pot. But it's a really fun game that I definitely recommend checking out. And I'm waiting for Dragon Quest 8 to come on the 3DS. :V

Grandia (PS1/Saturn) -
This is VERY underrated JRPG on the SEGA Saturn and PS1. And by god, it's an amazing JRPG; it's linear which can take away the replay value, but it makes up for it with a great story, memorable characters, awesome skills, and speaking of skills. How you gain them is from leveling up, but by leveling up one of the characters, it's from leveling up the Weapon or Magic they have; by using a certain weapon or spell enough, it'll level up and give that character an increase in a certain stat as well; along with learning new skills/spells too; and leveling them up more will shorten the time you have to wait before you can perform that skill/magic attack. Plus, the battle system is VERY different and in my opinion one of the greatest, where instead of your party standing in a line, waiting for their action; they instead are spread around an arena and have to move to get to the enemy.

Earthbound (SNES) -
I don't think I need to say much about Earthbound. It's pretty much that one JRPG that did poorly when it first came out, but now look. It's one of the greatest JRPGs ever made. I don't think I have much to say about this JRPG; other than Ness is still High Tier in Sm4sh because of that Back Throw. :V (Why didn't he just use his Back Throw on Gigyas to defeat him. Gurl, what're you doing!?)

I'd go with Persona 3, Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker(does it count?), Final Fantasy VIII, Paper Mario:TTYD, Earthbound, Pokemon Heartgold. There were a few more that I don't have that I have my eyes on, like Shin Megami Tensei:Nocturne, The Last Story, and both game in the Xenoblade Chronicles series.

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice

Persona 4 (PS2) -

Breath of Fire 4 (PS1) -

Funny story, when I looking on the WiiWare shop on my Nintendo Wii for I believe it was one SEGA game, my Mother came in and asked "Can you get Shining in the Darkness on there?". And there it was; it's a unique and fun JRPG with a dungeon crawling, maze-like system, you go around the dungeon and have random encounters that shift into a classic JRPG battle. Heck, one of the shops in the town is run by Gillius from Golden Axe. That is pretty cool. :D

Final Fantasy 9 (PS1) -

...Well... DUH.

Dragon Quest 9 (DS) -

Grandia (PS1/Saturn) -
This is VERY underrated JRPG on the SEGA Saturn and PS1. And by god, it's an amazing JRPG; it's linear which can take away the replay value, but it makes up for it with a great story, memorable characters, awesome skills, and speaking of skills. How you gain them is from leveling up, but not by leveling up one of the characters, it's from leveling up the Weapon or Magic they have; by using a certain weapon or spell enough, it'll level up and give that character an increase in a certain stat as well; along with learning new skills/spells too; and leveling them up more will shorten the time you have to wait before you can perform that skill/magic attack. Plus, the battle system is VERY cool as well.

Earthbound (SNES) -

Since you seem to have played quite a few JRPGs, have you played Wild Arms for PS1? I've been meaning to try that, this cover picture and theme literally got me interested in it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MQRL7xws7w

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

Persona 4 (PS2) -

Breath of Fire 4 (PS1) -

Final Fantasy 9 (PS1) -

...Well... DUH.

Dragon Quest 9 (DS) -

Grandia (PS1/Saturn) -

Earthbound (SNES) -

1. Pokemon RBY/GSC/RSE/FRLG/DPP/HGSS/BW/BW2/XY/ORAS/SM - This is the good stuff right here...mmmhm
  2. Phantasy Star Online - I don't know whether to count this since it's an action RPG, but it was my favorite game of all time at one point and may carry the most nostalgia for me out of any game that I've played. The environments and music are really memorable, playing with all of the different weapons and classes feels great, the boss fights were hard and memorable and its character creation is really nice. Stop slacking and bring PSO2 West SEGA ;-;
  3. Final Fantasy V - I just really love the job system in this game. V, III and I have the most captivating gameplay mechanics out of the Final Fantasy games and that's what matters most to me when playing the series, so this is my favorite Final Fantasy game atm.
  4. Mario & Luigi Partners in Time - My favorite of the Mario & Luigi RPG series and the first one I played. The babies brought a lot of fun gameplay-wise, the story was pretty good with the Shroobs, time travelling and stuff, and there's some funny dialogue and moments in there. Great boss music as well.
  5. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - This game surprised me with how amazing it was. I liked it even more than the main series at one point. The excellent story, quality post-game content, fun battle system, difficulty and sidequests make this game worthy of being on this list.
This is just reminding me that I need to resume playing Earthbound and Dragon Quest IX, plus I need to get both Xenoblade Chronicles games and Chrono Trigger asap.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I'm single in the most painful way possible. Girls flirt like their interested and leave when they find out I'm a nerd. I'm cursed with this non-nerdy looking face, apparently without context I look like a cool kid...or something.

I'm not gonna flodge and act like I'm not a nerd but the truth isn't good enough either apparently. I crei everitiem. (just not in front of the lady)

:150:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Discuss
:196:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
princess tiana is the best disney princess how is this even a competition, outrageous.

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
I'm single in the most painful way possible. Girls flirt like their interested and leave when they find out I'm a nerd. I'm cursed with this non-nerdy looking face, apparently without context I look like a cool kid...or something.

I'm not gonna flodge and act like I'm not a nerd but the truth isn't good enough either apparently. I crei everitiem. (just not in front of the lady)

Well a Mewtwo with a samurai sword is pretty damn cool looking what do you expect

I'll just tell you what I've been told before, which is that it's better to wait patiently for the "right one" to show up, who will like you for who you are, than it is to want any relationship with a good enough looking girl. Also you don't even need to feel like you're the only one, I know at least two people in my family who never dated until they were in their mid 20s. I actually have a similar scenario to yours.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Discuss
*sees Ariel and Elsa placement*

melee jiggs.jpg

G O R L

They're the best ones ;-;
Agreeing on all the other ones though. :3

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I think I let Smash influence this too much. Every time I see Rosa or Diddy or Sheik I just go ughhhh. Ughhhhhhhhhh...
Nah, that just means you now have good taste.

Sheik is a useless character, whether that be OoT or Hyrule Warriors. Oh goody, your kingdom's gone to ****, time to dress up in your plz-don't-steal-thnx-deviantart-OC you made when you were five because of how cool your handmaiden is and slink around the land for seven years busking on a harp.

You know who isn't a useless character? Mother ****ing Tetra. Oh, what's that? The entire world's been flooded? Guess it's time to become KING OF THE MOTHER ****ING PIRATES, **** YEAH! It's Zelda, with all her sass built up from countless reincarnations released in one smirking package.

As for Diddy; bleh. Jar Jar Binks and Scrappy Doo have nothing on him.

I've found disliking Rosalina has more to do with how many times you've been forced to watch the Frozen movie than anything smash related.

----

EDIT:

I mean, that Disney list is pretty legit.

Elsa would be an F-Tiered Princess by default; she's a Queen.

Can't really argue about Ariel.

Belle should be moved to S-Tier.

EDIT #2:

Gaston should also be moved to S-tier.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
*sees Ariel and Elsa placement*

View attachment 104454

G O R L

They're the best ones ;-;
Agreeing on all the other ones though. :3
Some thought hit me and realized Elsa has a number of redeeming qualities such as her wisdom ("you can't marry a man you just met") and the fact she never meant to use her powers for harm.
Not enough to move her up much, but at least not garbage.

As for Ariel.... I can't think of a single positive for a rebellious teenager who sold her talent for a d.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Women flirt with me and find me funny/cute - even after my nerdiness is apparent. But I'm gay and no guys flirt with me 'cause I'm like a 0/10 for gay men and 6/10~7/10 for straight women. I'm just gonna become a Priest for The Church of Sass since I'll be single forever anyway.

*insert cra gif hurr*

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I honestly have no idea what anyone of either gender thinks of me.

It's actually kinda sad in a funny sort of way, lol.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
It's times like this I really have to remember how old some of you probably are from what some of you are saying.

Meeting people really isn't that difficult. You'll find your nerdy girl / guy at some point, if that's what you really want, or someone who can entertain your likes and dislikes in the same way you do theirs.

It's the relationship itself that's difficult.

Some thought hit me and realized Elsa has a number of redeeming qualities such as her wisdom ("you can't marry a man you just met") and the fact she never meant to use her powers for harm.
Not enough to move her up much, but at least not garbage.
Many of the problems in Frozen seem to stem from Anna being a ****ing imbecile.

It probably stems from how "Elsa" is essentially a character made from whole cloth out with the Snow Queen as inspiration, which was effectively an omnipotent force of nature than an actual character in the original story, if not the villain.

She's just too mature to be a Disney Princess.

Which is why she's the Queen.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The revised version of the list will have Elsa rising a bit for being the only considerate character in the whole movie (the rest are either evil or idiots), and Anna dropping because she triggered the whole conflict in the first place (and was simply thirsty AF until she was betrayed).

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
That reminds me of the "Kuzco is the best Disney Princess" meme
Eh, it pops up in a lot of places with Gaston like characters. Kuzco was an odd inversion of it.

Everyone is GAR for Archer, best maido.

Arthur is best Fire Emblem Fates Waifu, and Leo is best TsunTsun.

Kanji from Persona 4 is best Waifu from any game ever. Even the Church of Chie agrees.

Etc, etc.

The revised version of the list will have Elsa rising a bit for being the only considerate character in the whole movie (the rest are either evil or idiots), and Anna dropping because she triggered the whole conflict in the first place (and was simply thirsty AF until she was betrayed).
Make sure to post the entire list for us. We'll spend the next three pages disputing it.

Last edited:

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
I think all Disney princesses suck because they are nothing more negative role models for children that progress anti-feminist rationale, making them think there is a certain way for women to behave. Except for Mulan though. Mulan is good.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Eh, it pops up in a lot of places with Gaston like characters.
No one memes like Gaston.
I think all Disney princesses suck because they are nothing more negative role models for children that progress anti-feminist rationale, making them think there is a certain way for women to behave. Except for Mulan though. Mulan is good.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
But if we're talking supernatural romances here, just look at Beauty and the Beast. A more innocent Twilight.
She really is a funny girl, that Belle.

And it's nothing like Twilight, they're just french is all.

Ariel makes red-heads look pretty in pink
Eh, about as well Jack Skellington pulls of the Santa Outfit.

Anyone else realize that the Pumpkin King and the Little Mermaid almost seem like the same person?

Top Bottom