• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I get it am I part of the club now?

**** why can't Canada get that?
Canadians don't have dreams

It would be the worst raid ever since it'd be like entering an abandoned building. Anyway, some of the Falco users mentioned they are in the military. I think there are two guys in the navy. So, military, competitions, time zones, and real life stuff. Talk about reasons to not be wasting your time on Smashboards. :p

Y'know, I don't think I've ever seen other boards have military members like currently or veterans. It might be the age demographics or whatever. No wonder the Falco boards are so chill, respectful, and disciplined.
please tell me they finish an assignment and say "mission complete"
I know it's kinda rude to think so, but I gotta know

micstar615

Smash Ace
It would be the worst raid ever since it'd be like entering an abandoned building. Anyway, some of the Falco users mentioned they are in the military. I think there are two guys in the navy. So, military, competitions, time zones, and real life stuff. Talk about reasons to not be wasting your time on Smashboards. :p

Y'know, I don't think I've ever seen other boards have military members like currently or veterans. It might be the age demographics or whatever. No wonder the Falco boards are so chill, respectful, and disciplined.
Military men you say?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I get it am I part of the club now?

Canadians don't have dreams

please tell me they finish an assignment and say "mission complete"
I know it's kinda rude to think so, but I gotta know
That's actually kinda cute for some reason. And everyone is welcome to the beverage fan club. I say beverage cause not everyone likes coffee.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
honestly if you guys went to my school you wouldn't suspect me to be a gamer at all. I'm just a social person always with people. I talk about coffee a lot, sweatpants, my hair, Twitter trends, and my life procrastination. I'm like a social animal

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
honestly if you guys went to my school you wouldn't suspect me to be a gamer at all. I'm just a social person always with people. I talk about coffee a lot, sweatpants, my hair, Twitter trends, and my life procrastination. I'm like a social animal
A wild thing eh? Sexy.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I didn't. I'm in U.S. too.
It depends on states like how some states don't celebrate Columbus day because of the darker things he did.

Anyway, data-mining is making me appreciate developers, programming, and Falco even more. So far, not a lot of Falco's attacks come out that slow aside from obvious moves like Fire Bird or Dair and Fair which comes out at the upper 12 frames. Also, Falco's Nair is deadly when it lands completely; 12% of damage if all the moves connect which it usually won't, but in most cases, the first two will.

Anyway, aside from mobility and range, I'm beginning to believe more that one of Falco's issues is he's "too" powerful. From a gameplay perspective and because I don't really know how to apply the knockback numbers - I know where to place and decipher them - is that Falco hits a bit too hard. There are times where he hits people close to the blast line, but not past it unlike Ganondorf who just boots people to the blast line.

I wonder if the same is true for Lucina since she can send people off-stage easily, but killing is more annoying unless you land an Up Smash or Side Smash.

I want to see if there's a frame data ranking even though it's known that Samus has one of the fastest frame data alongside Mario.

Soul.

Hey, is Ganondorf even good. Customs will make him spam Wizard's Dropkick because apparently, he doesn't have other options.
oh wait. Side B, dthrow uair, frame cancelled dair to usmash, I don't know what else. NAir?
Anyway, data-mining is making me appreciate developers, programming, and Falco even more. So far, not a lot of Falco's attacks come out that slow aside from obvious moves like Fire Bird or Dair and Fair which comes out at the upper 12 frames. Also, Falco's Nair is deadly when it lands completely; 12% of damage if all the moves connect which it usually won't, but in most cases, the first two will.

Anyway, aside from mobility and range, I'm beginning to believe more that one of Falco's issues is he's "too" powerful. From a gameplay perspective and because I don't really know how to apply the knockback numbers - I know where to place and decipher them - is that Falco hits a bit too hard. There are times where he hits people close to the blast line, but not past it unlike Ganondorf who just boots people to the blast line.

I wonder if the same is true for Lucina since she can send people off-stage easily, but killing is more annoying unless you land an Up Smash or Side Smash.

I want to see if there's a frame data ranking even though it's known that Samus has one of the fastest frame data alongside Mario.
- Samus
- Has one of the fastest frame data
- Is said to be one of the worst characters in the game
....Is that true? No like, does she really have one of the fastest frame data in the game?

micstar615

Smash Ace
I remember when Samurai said Samus was the best character in the game during the invitational. He probably thinks Zelda is the best in the current build.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Hey, is Ganondorf even good. Customs will make him spam Wizard's Dropkick because apparently, he doesn't have other options.
oh wait. Side B, dthrow uair, frame cancelled dair to usmash, I don't know what else. NAir?
Still better then brawl ganon

- Samus
....Is that true? No like, does she really have one of the fastest frame data in the game?
honestly I'd have to check, but almost all of the fastest tilts and neutrals belong to lil mac.
I'll send you basic frame data in a bit

I remember when Samurai said Samus was the best character in the game during the invitational. He probably thinks Zelda is the best in the current build.
you forgot to add

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533

honestly I'd have to check, but almost all of the fastest tilts and neutrals belong to lil mac.
I'll send you basic frame data in a bit

you forgot to add
Kinda funny how everyone thought Palutena was going to be "op" prior to release, and Rosalina was going to be a complicated character to play.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Almost all of Samus lags are in her roll anyway.

That stupid slow roll that I try to punish too early, like it's the roll of another character.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If I were to get a Fire Emblem game, which would be the best? I've never played any of them, and they seem interesting.
I'd recommend one of the GBA titles for a first playthrough, they have the most charm to me. I wouldn't start with Awakening on the grounds that it heavily babies the player and differs from past games; weapons are simplified so weight/constitution aren't a thing, Pair Up replaces Rescue and is hideously broken, Second Seals are likewise broken and let any character cap every stat, and I'm sure plenty of other things I'm forgetting about at the moment. Its difficulty settings are also pretty wonk; Awakening's Hard is easier than Normal on other games, then Lunatic takes a huge leap in difficulty (that said, I liked Lunatic's difficulty level, but the gap between it and Hard was absurd).

More or less Awakening just changes things up a lot from previous games, and I'd imagine it'd be more awkward to transition Awakening>older games than the other way around.

What's the estimated playtime for awakening? Just curious.
@ Lozjam Lozjam probably covered what you'd be looking at if you get into things like grinding stats/skills and DLC and supports etc. If you just play it like a standard Fire Emblem game and skip the fluff I had around 4 hours on my Hard playthrough and another 6 on Lunatic (I did paralogues on Lunatic too, though), I believe. I actually lost my cart so I can't doublecheck LOL

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
- Samus
Fastest start-up frames since we don't have much on end-lag. So, her Side Smash comes out at like frame 10, but if you pay attention, there's noticeable end lag. Mario's Side Smash also comes out fast, but there's less end lag. So, Samus might be the quickest on the draw, but she might be the slowest on holstering if that makes any sense.

Soul.

Yeah he's obviously better but eh. I don't know, Dropkick spamming is bad to me.
Fastest start-up frames since we don't have much on end-lag. So, her Side Smash comes out at like frame 10, but if you pay attention, there's noticeable end lag. Mario's Side Smash also comes out fast, but there's less end lag. So, Samus might be the quickest on the draw, but she might be the slowest on holstering if that makes any sense.
That makes sense actually. Fast frames, noticeable ending lag.
Mario is the opposite I think.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
So, in case any sis here likes Björk, her new album leaked yesterday and it's pretty ****ing damn good, girls.

I dunno Smashboard's policies for sharing music, so if you want a working link to the leak let me know :'D

Lozjam

Smash Champion

-
Ganondorf is fantastic even without customs. Many people here can attest for my Ganondorf. Ganondorf has many options, but all of them are situational. Luckily, Ganondorf pretty much has a move for every situation
Fair cancels into any Bmove, so can be used as a "safe aerial", also has a fantastic hitbox and kills early.
Wizard Kick Serves as your Anti-Air, killing from the air easily, and can attack people who are juggling if spaced correctly. Also used to punish rolls and landings.
Flame Choke, easily punishes shielding and chains with a smart player. I have gotten 0-death chains with flame choke. Also used to Ganoncide, and is useful for the air to those unexpecting.
Uair, insanely fast and works as an anti-aerial attack, has almost no landing lag, is just amazing.
Nair, Works for poking, has very little lag, and racks damage very well and has extraordinary range.
Dair, the best spike in the game, very powerful, useful for punishing get up attacks as well.
Bair, the god of all aerials, extremely quick, low lag, has a small hitbox but hits like a truck. I have killed a Jiggs player at 30% with that thing.
Ftilt, as powerful as some characters Fsmash's, pretty fast as well. Kills early too
Dtilt, an extremely long hitbox, knocks characters up, and is quite a powerhouse.
Utilt, used for edgeguarding and unsuspecting opponents, a safe move to if you time it correctly, but do not expect to hit with it, instead you can force you opponents into uncomfortable situations with it and punish.
Dash attack, has super armor frames, can kill, insane priority. Iti s love.
Fmash, kills extremely early, but should only use for hard reads and punishes. Extremely powerful move if you can read spot/air dodges correctly.
Dsmash, racks up damage like a champ. But is usually unsafe
Usmash, it kills early, and is one of Ganondorf;s fastest options.

As you can tell Ganondorf is all about patience and reading your opponent. You have to be extremely skilled to use him, but in Smash 4 his pure damage racking abilities and his options makes up for that. You only need about 5 hits per stock to KO with Ganondorf. Ganondorf is about midtier in this game, and we have seen substantial tournament results with him, but you need to know your MU's and need to be good at reading to be good with him. I do not really use his customs anymore, but he is still plenty good without them. A bad Ganondorf(Something I used to do) would indeed spam dropkick, because it's "so good", but once it wears off and you use your other options, your Ganondorf get's 500% better. Ganondorf is plenty viable without customs, and yeah.
Anyway, how are you doing xSoul?

On another FE related topic, I really hope they balance the partner system by allowing your enemies to partner up.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It's probably just confirmation bias because I haven't looked at many different characters, but total commit time for attacks feels pretty consistent across the cast and startup seems to be the main differing factor.

For example, Greninja's fsmash hits on frame 13 and ends frame 49, Meta Knight's hits frame 24 and ends frame 42. Greninja's is much faster to start up and doesn't take that much more total time, but on shield he's completely punishable while most characters fail to shield punish MK's fsmash (36f end lag vs 18f). Dunno if Samus' attacks are on the same scale but it's just a passing thought that supports what you're saying.

Soul.

Ganondorf is fantastic even without customs. Many people here can attest for my Ganondorf. Ganondorf has many options, but all of them are situational. Luckily, Ganondorf pretty much has a move for every situation
Fair cancels into any Bmove, so can be used as a "safe aerial", also has a fantastic hitbox and kills early.
Wizard Kick Serves as your Anti-Air, killing from the air easily, and can attack people who are juggling if spaced correctly. Also used to punish rolls and landings.
Flame Choke, easily punishes shielding and chains with a smart player. I have gotten 0-death chains with flame choke. Also used to Ganoncide, and is useful for the air to those unexpecting.
Uair, insanely fast and works as an anti-aerial attack, has almost no landing lag, is just amazing.
Nair, Works for poking, has very little lag, and racks damage very well and has extraordinary range.
Dair, the best spike in the game, very powerful, useful for punishing get up attacks as well.
Bair, the god of all aerials, extremely quick, low lag, has a small hitbox but hits like a truck. I have killed a Jiggs player at 30% with that thing.
Ftilt, as powerful as some characters Fsmash's, pretty fast as well. Kills early too
Dtilt, an extremely long hitbox, knocks characters up, and is quite a powerhouse.
Utilt, used for edgeguarding and unsuspecting opponents, a safe move to if you time it correctly, but do not expect to hit with it, instead you can force you opponents into uncomfortable situations with it and punish.
Dash attack, has super armor frames, can kill, insane priority. Iti s love.
Fmash, kills extremely early, but should only use for hard reads and punishes. Extremely powerful move if you can read spot/air dodges correctly.
Dsmash, racks up damage like a champ. But is usually unsafe
Usmash, it kills early, and is one of Ganondorf;s fastest options.

As you can tell Ganondorf is all about patience and reading your opponent. You have to be extremely skilled to use him, but in Smash 4 his pure damage racking abilities and his options makes up for that. You only need about 5 hits per stock to KO with Ganondorf. Ganondorf is about midtier in this game, and we have seen substantial tournament results with him, but you need to know your MU's and need to be good at reading to be good with him. I do not really use his customs anymore, but he is still plenty good without them. A bad Ganondorf(Something I used to do) would indeed spam dropkick, because it's "so good", but once it wears off and you use your other options, your Ganondorf get's 500% better. Ganondorf is plenty viable without customs, and yeah.
Anyway, how are you doing xSoul?

On another FE related topic, I really hope they balance the partner system by allowing your enemies to partner up.
Oh hey "Lord" (see what I did there) Lozjam. I'm good.
That is mighty Ganondorf knowledge right there lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys......I'm....I'm using Zelda.........and i'm getting better with her..........she may become one of my mains...

i never thought this would happen o-o

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Oh hey "Lord" (see what I did there) Lozjam. I'm good.
That is mighty Ganondorf knowledge right there lol.
Why thank you, I am good as well.
I pride myself in the knowledge of my master.

D

Deleted member

I was actually on FG and I just finished some Zelda dittoes with some person named "foguz" or something like that. I tried to be nice and did the crouchy thing. Then foguz decided to summon a Phantom right after.....I can see that Zelda really is sassy o-o

Soul.

Why thank you, I am good as well.
I pride myself in the knowledge of my master.
I actually waste my time in Noob Glory using Ganondorf.
Too bad the majority of players there don't know how to play. A while ago I was doing a match against this Sheik with Ganondorf and every time I sent the Sheik offstage, the player kept using DAir. That is bad.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I actually waste my time in Noob Glory using Ganondorf.
Too bad the majority of players there don't know how to play. A while ago I was doing a match against this Sheik with Ganondorf and every time I sent the Sheik offstage, the player kept using DAir. That is bad.
I had several Sheiks just Dair while off-stage. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Soul.

I had several Sheiks just Dair while off-stage. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.
It's hilarious because the player doesn't know DAir is bad. It's sad because it leaves them open for punishes. lol

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Zelda is probably the slowest on holstering.

She actually just gives up and resigns herself to die instead of preparing another attack lol

Top Bottom