• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Which begs the question how our beloved Zelda optimist is not in school right now. D:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hey guys, Nintendo of Australia confirms a 2015 release date for the new Fire Emblem game!
**** yeah!

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Hey guys, Nintendo of Australia confirms a 2015 release date for the new Fire Emblem game!
**** yeah!
If I were to get a Fire Emblem game, which would be the best? I've never played any of them, and they seem interesting.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If I were to get a Fire Emblem game, which would be the best? I've never played any of them, and they seem interesting.
Rekka no Ken/Blazing Sword is a good place to start; it's the first FE game released internationally. Then there's The Sacred Stones and the remake of Shadow Dragon on the DS. Ike's games, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, are difficult to track down and because of the rise in interest, their prices are inflated badly. And you can always start with Awakening. So, any of those if you want a legal way of getting in.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Fire Emblem Awakening by far. That game is perfect for newcomers, and the most polished game in my opinion. It has difficulty modes, a choice between permadeath(though even if it is your first time you should play with perms death on), good story,in depth tutorials, and yeah. It's one of the best 3ds games out there by far, and it has tons of hours of engaging content.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Rekka no Ken/Blazing Sword is a good place to start; it's the first FE game released internationally. Then there's The Sacred Stones and the remake of Shadow Dragon on the DS. Ike's games, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, are difficult to track down and because of the rise in interest, their prices are inflated badly. And you can always start with Awakening. So, any of those if you want a legal way of getting in.
Is blazing sword for gba? I think I've got a DS lite somewhere. I'd rather start with the earliest I can

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Sounds like fun!

How about we raid there with our Zelda sass next? :3
You'll probably get detention. :p

Is blazing sword for gba? I think I've got a DS lite somewhere. I'd rather start with the earliest I can
Blazing Sword and The Sacred Stones were for GBA. If you were part of the ambassador program for the 3DS, I think you were able to get one or both.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
You can also get it on Wii U's VC, but if you are worrying about story stuff don't. A ton of the games are not connected like that.FEA , for example, isn't connected to the other games.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
You can also get it on Wii U's VC, but if you are worrying about story stuff don't. A ton of the games are not connected like that.FEA , for example, isn't connected to the other games.
Oh, okay. So it isn't like Zelda with sequels I guess?
I think I might start with awakening. Reading around other places too seem to recommend it for the first game. I'll probably try the gba ones second though. What's the estimated playtime for awakening? Just curious.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
**** yeah!
Oh man I'm glad to hear that, I was worried we might get it in 2016!
Start with Awakening, play on casual it's the easiest way to get yourself into the franchise, it's very accessible and you won't be discouraged if a unit dies. After that I'd recommend the first FE for the GBA (Blazing Sword I believe is the name) it's also really good and a bit more challenging than Awakening. Then I'd get Sacred Stones, which is easier than Blazing Sword but the story/characters aren't as good imo.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The only FE games connected are Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon and its sequel, Blazing Sword and Binding Blade, and one of the older, Japan-only FE's had a side story or sequel. Awakening does take place in Shadow Dragon's universe, but it's like hundreds of years after Marth's time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I say you should play Awakening first. Awakening was my first FE game and oooooh boy I love it so much xD Since It was my first FE I played on the easiest mode and had permadeath off #NoobStatus. But trust me, it's really fun. And the DLC is great too xD My favorite DLC map is Death's Embrace :p And FE:A will make you cry. I'm telling you this now: when you get to a certain part in the story, you will have tears rolling down your face :p

rabbits

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
tbh Advance Wars> Fire Emblem imo. You can download the GBA roms for free

EDIT: When you get a FE, be sure to play classic

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I think I might start with awakening. Reading around other places too seem to recommend it for the first game. I'll probably try the gba ones second though. What's the estimated playtime for awakening? Just curious.
I'd say that it would take you around 25 hours for the main story. There's a ton of side quests though that can add a lot of hours. (They're worth it though)

Lozjam

Smash Champion
The whole game, on like normal, would probably be like 60 hours with side quests. Hard mode probably 70 if you know what you are doing, and you experience different things in each playthrough and it has tons of replay ability. I have over 400 hours on FEA according to my 3DS

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Is this like, the most active social thread?
Aisde from the other SSB Social threads, probably. I don't know, maybe the Rosalina and Link Social threads are active too. I, for one, know that the Falco Social thread is dead; it only had 4 posts including the OP's and the last post was from November 25, 2014. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Aisde from the other SSB Social threads, probably. I don't know, maybe the Rosalina and Link Social threads are active too. I, for one, know that the Falco Social thread is dead; it only had 4 posts including the OP's and the last post was from November 25, 2014. :sadeyes:
We Zeldas should raid the Falco board, because lol

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
Don't know about that. The zelda boards seem wayy more active than the Link boards. Just look at the post count on Zelda boards, it grows like 10 pages per day.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'll always say Sacred Stones, even the enemies can't handle the swag

although blazing sword isn't bad and probably the most suited for newer players

The only FE games connected are Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon and its sequel, Blazing Sword and Binding Blade, and one of the older, Japan-only FE's had a side story or sequel. Awakening does take place in Shadow Dragon's universe, but it's like hundreds of years after Marth's time.
more like 10,000 years, but 100 years is a close guess
I've said it before coming from other fire emblem games Awakening was let down for me. Less challenge and a crappy story just made it suck overall for me. Music is godlike though

Edit: oh and map design felt lacking as well

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
We Zeldas should raid the Falco board, because lol
It would be the worst raid ever since it'd be like entering an abandoned building. Anyway, some of the Falco users mentioned they are in the military. I think there are two guys in the navy. So, military, competitions, time zones, and real life stuff. Talk about reasons to not be wasting your time on Smashboards. :p

Y'know, I don't think I've ever seen other boards have military members like currently or veterans. It might be the age demographics or whatever. No wonder the Falco boards are so chill, respectful, and disciplined.

Top Bottom