• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

rabbits

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
Rn is right now. Doc is so underrated he's good. He kills early, attacks have little lag, good combos, and he has a high priority tornado which can kill. His recovery goes as high as mario its just hard to use. I think docs low midtier
Like Lavani said, midtier = low. I feel as though most of the roster is going to experience a huge drop in viability as people get used to their stuff. Zelda :drshrug:

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Edit: @ BJN39 BJN39 Congratz on becoming a mod! When did this happen? How long have I been out?
The change was only official just a couple days ago! I'm now considered responsible for awl my lovely sistren. ^ ^

@ Fireemblemfreak Fireemblemfreak love the avi, I used to have the same one :D

Also Nairo makes Zelda look so good, sorry if posted
http://youtu.be/Rw3Ve9veAvk
OH YES. I was really hoping there would be a Zelda one after the other two! This could also possibly be helpful in the upcoming bowser MU discussion.

rabbits

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
This could definitely be used for Zeldaganda, not quite sure what to do with it, though.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Rn is right now. Doc is so underrated he's good. He kills early, attacks have little lag, good combos, and he has a high priority tornado which can kill. His recovery goes as high as mario its just hard to use. I think docs low midtier
Ahh OK

Also I've no idea what to request so.... LOL

@ micstar615 micstar615 OMQ I just realised how smexy your avi is :O

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
@ Fireemblemfreak Fireemblemfreak love the avi, I used to have the same one :D

Also Nairo makes Zelda look so good, sorry if posted
http://youtu.be/Rw3Ve9veAvk
I have mixed feelings about it. I don't know where he got it, but I'll use the other thing he posted if it's okay with @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 , because I really like that picture. That's the kind of picture I wanted. And Nairo, that's literally my bae right there. He mains like all the same people as I do, I love him. He also follows me on Twitter so *hair flip*

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Like Lavani said, midtier = low. I feel as though most of the roster is going to experience a huge drop in viability as people get used to their stuff. Zelda :drshrug:
I'll answer with this quote
People need to play him more. :4drmario: is very solid in this game, he's just really different compared to his Melee style. He has a solid defensive game, strong grabs, an okay recovery, a beautiful UpB, strong smash attacks and great projectiles. If you play him well, Doc can dominate other characters easily. His mobility sucks, yes, but he knows how to punish. Doc needs to space out his opponent to be safe, wich he can do easily with his DSmash or pills.
If people play him more, then Doc can go higher than Mario. Trust me.

Speaking of Doc, for those who hates recovering with him and wants a fast way to grab the ledge, use the cape. Since it has a longer range, it gives Doc a better way to recover. It doesn't stall you in the air, but at least it helps at recovering in some ways.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Ahh OK

Also I've no idea what to request so.... LOL

@ micstar615 micstar615 OMQ I just realised how smexy your avi is :O
Gaius is sexy :3

I have mixed feelings about it. I don't know where he got it, but I'll use the other thing he posted if it's okay with @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 , because I really like that picture. That's the kind of picture I wanted. And Nairo, that's literally my bae right there. He mains like all the same people as I do, I love him. He also follows me on Twitter so *hair flip*
What's your twitter account??

Also @ BJN39 BJN39 I just realized that you've become a mod! Congrats!

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Sorry @ Macchiato Macchiato
I like you but that post you quoted is very flawed, imo. also congrats on actually trying to stick with a main

If you play him well, Doc can dominate other characters easily.
Doesn't that also apply to every single other character?

strong smash attacks
I don't really know much about either of the Marios, but isn't their fsmash really bad? Like it has no range at all and requires a hard read for anyone to ever hit with it (against a competent opponent). And iirc, Doc's has less range than Mario's. Dsmash and usmash are pretty good, though.

Doc needs to space out his opponent to be safe
How can he space anyone out if he has terrible mobility and terrible range? Pills aren't that hard to avoid.

If people play him more, then Doc can go higher than Mario. Trust me.
lol

I cannot see Doctor Mario anywhere other than low tier, but that's okay because low tier is viable in this game.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
After trying to complete all the challenges, I have no idea how @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer did it with no issues. All Star mode sucks. I wish it would stop coming back and it gets worse than bigger the roster gets. Plus, it takes a year to beat it with everyone.

And collecting all the hats? Yeah, it sure is challenging trying to get a lucky dice roll...

Edit: @ BJN39 BJN39 Congratz on becoming a mod! When did this happen? How long have I been out?
I got sick of trying to find hats so I'm stuck at 139/140

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Sorry @ Macchiato Macchiato
I like you but that post you quoted is very flawed, imo. also congrats on actually trying to stick with a main

Doesn't that also apply to every single other character?

I don't really know much about either of the Marios, but isn't their fsmash really bad? Like it has no range at all and requires a hard read for anyone to ever hit with it (against a competent opponent). And iirc, Doc's has less range than Mario's. Dsmash and usmash are pretty good, though.

How can he space anyone out if he has terrible mobility and terrible range? Pills aren't that hard to avoid.

lol

I cannot see Doctor Mario anywhere other than low tier, but that's okay because low tier is viable in this game.
Actually no they have decent range compared to the cast. Actually no their Fsmash have great range. They don't have terrible range. And docs Fsmash uncharged kills at like 65

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's been a while (Thursday evening, actually).

My grandfather lost his battle to colon cancer earlier today, so I've been busy travelling and checking on my mother/close relatives. There's something rather awful about watching the proud and honorable man who named you succumb to his illness so slowly. Rest in peace, old man.

I still hope to be on here as much as I can, might even be around for a bit tomorrow.
Sorry for your loss. I know how it is to slowly loose loved ones :(

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Actually no they have decent range compared to the cast. Actually no their Fsmash have great range. They don't have terrible range. And docs Fsmash uncharged kills at like 65
I just tested Doc's fsmash a bunch in training mode and it didn't seem to hit unless I was quite close to my opponent. idk I think there's a ton of characters who have better fsmashes.

Also, be careful not to confuse something having good kill potential for being a good move. Just because something can kill early doesn't make it good. I mean, look at basically every single one of Zelda's moves.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Also, be careful not to confuse something having good kill potential for being a good move. Just because something can kill early doesn't make it good. I mean, look at basically every single one of Zelda's moves.
I hope you don't mean to say that Zelda has a bunch of high KB moves. :awesome:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I hope you don't mean to say that Zelda has a bunch of high KB moves. :awesome:
I'm saying that Zelda has a bunch of moves that can kill earlyish but that doesn't make them reliable or even decent moves.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I just tested Doc's fsmash a bunch in training mode and it didn't seem to hit unless I was quite close to my opponent. idk I think there's a ton of characters who have better fsmashes.

Actually it gives enough shield dmg for half the cast unable to punish. It's also fast and the range is usable. It's a good smash. Also dr tornado probably already brings him out of bottom tier. It has crazy good priority where it out prioritizes 3/4 of all moves. It's strong and a landing option. It reads spot dodges, airdodges, and rolls. It's great for edgeguarding since it launches then horizontally and is strong. His smash are reliable too.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Lemme say this. His smashes are fast, have decent range, strong, and are reliable. He has a great set of smashes. Also he's a defensive character and has a great projectile which make they have to approach.

rabbits

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
Actually no they have decent range compared to the cast.
Not really.

Actually no their Fsmash have great range. They don't have terrible range. And docs Fsmash uncharged kills at like 65
I do remember the Marios having decent range with their disjointed Fsmashes, but killing at 65% is ludicrous. On what character was this? Could you retest?

EDIT: I can't see this happening except on a walkoff with rage on like Jigglypuff. Offscreen.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Not really.

I do remember the Marios having decent range with their disjointed Fsmashes, but killing at 65% is ludicrous. On what character was this? Could you retest?

EDIT: I can't see this happening except on a walkoff with rage on like Jigglypuff. Offscreen.
On mario. It has to be the sweetspot which hard to hit. I'm doing his Hitbox data so I'm pretty sure I can tell you that they're a decent range

rabbits

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
On mario. It has to be the sweetspot which hard to hit. I'm doing his Hitbox data so I'm pretty sure I can tell you that they're a decent range
OK that makes sense. idk how relevant that is though. Fsmash is already a hard read-ish sort of move, landing it's sweetspot isn't going to happen often.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lemme say this. His smashes are fast, have decent range, strong, and are reliable. He has a great set of smashes. Also he's a defensive character and has a great projectile which make they have to approach.
There's really no point in continuing this little "debate" since I can tell it's not going to go anywhere.

The only thing I have to say is don't let your passion for a character blind you. I've noticed that throughout all of your mains, you get really defensive when anyone says that x character is low tier or whatever. Like tiers don't really mean much at all and some one has to be at the bottom of the list. That's just how it works. Like, everyone has their own opinions and whatnot about who will end up at the bottom, but none of them know for sure who it's going to be. And so what if your main actually becomes bottom or low tier? You can be the one to show us that the character is still capable and can win. idk just something i had to get off my chest.
also, you do this thing where you say something is "hard to do" or "hard to use" and it's a little bit condescending to others but idk if you knew that or not.

I think you're a cool guy but sometimes you get a little bit too passionate about stuff and that's okay, man.

#sorry4rambling

edit: @ rabbits rabbits i don't know much about the Marios but I'm pretty sure that Doc's sweetspot is at the palm of his hand and Mario's is at the fireball. I'm not 100% sure though.

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
@ Fireemblemfreak Fireemblemfreak , I found the picture on Pixiv, a Japanese art sharing website, so it should be fine to use it. I mean, most of us use other people's art as our profile pics, haha.

But yeah, thank you based artists for blessing us with great art~
Oh, alright, Thank you! I just wanted to make sure, especially if it was yours. But yeah, I would've never found that <3

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Nah, I wish I can draw as well as that. ; w ;

Me when faced with the difficulty of drawing something.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Doc Fsmash related: Well, I'm not sure about comparative to the rest of the cast, but I quickly did a comparison of the data between Marios and...
(Relevant Data)

Mario:
Sour-Spot : 14%
Size=2
Distance from close in=-1

Sweet-Spot : 17%
Size=5
Distance from close in=5.4

Doc:
Sweet-Spot : 17% (Two hit-boxes)
Size=2.5
Distances from close in=0, 3

Sour-Spot : 14%
Size=3.7
Distnaces from close in=4.3

So it kind of has a Marth/Roy thing going on, where Mario's needs to be spaced correctly to get the sweet-spot, while Doc's needs to be hit with at close range to get the sweet-spot. On top of that, Doc's Sour-spot (Which is spaced similarly to Mario's sweet-spot) is smaller and slightly closer in. AKA less range. BUT, his sweet-spot IS farther out and larger than Mario's sour-spot. (If it matters.) Both have identical KBs, both hit on frame 15.

Last edited:
Top Bottom