• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Btw, I played a good Olimar last night.

The little ************ is DEFINITELY not bottom tier. He's still as strong as ****ing ever, with a massive no-risk damage output and superb camping possibilities.

If any of you ever starts playing Olimar I'm done with you :'D

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Really? I don't think its that bad. Like it could've been wii fits. Hers need a hard read so her only reliable kill moves are Bair and ftilt. I think both link and docs are better for punishes
Wii Fit's is only 1 frame slower than Link's and (Dr.) Mario's.

If we're talking about tier lists let's take a moment to remember when Zelda was higher than ZSS

lmao, rip
Zelda's not the only one that was higher when that list was made. :smirk:

It does make one wonder how sm4sh's perceived tiers are going to compare between now and a few years down the road, though.
Mew2King and ZeRo consider now :4diddy: the second best character, putting :4sheik: at first place.
If people ear this, then they'll follow. I already saw a lot of people playing other characters, like :4fox:.
I thought :4sheik: was better before it was cool.

Sheik's frame data is BS, and her recovery's a lot safer than Diddy's. I think the closest thing she has to a bad matchup is Lucario, but even then Lucario was kind of ruined by vectoring removal+upB end lag and it's just a matter of not getting force palmed or aura sphered, or getting hit by that 16f bair. Essentially I think it's just more that Sheik needs to be careful than it being a bad matchup for her.

I've had enough of ZeRo as of recently. And, then why the **** does ZeRo always use Diddy?
Sheik's a technical character with lots of intricacies. Diddy has a more straightforward gameplan but still has a ton of reward. The game still hasn't been out very long, I'd imagine he's been working on a Sheik for/after Apex or as a pocket character if he legitimately thinks she's better.

That all said, I'll be legitimately surprised if there isn't another balance patch when Mewtwo's released.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Have any of you ever looked at textbook costs and been like **** this ****? Me right now.
Even rentals cost a ton and then there's textbooks written by the professor that you have to buy... Life as a uni student in the US... or anywhere else.

Oh, anyway, since I don't know where to ask and I know there are data-miners here, but is there a place to look up on how to data-mine? I'm thinking of data-mining Falco and maybe jump-starting activity there.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Even rentals cost a ton and then there's textbooks written by the professor that you have to buy... Life as a uni student in the US... or anywhere else.

Oh, anyway, since I don't know where to ask and I know there are data-miners here, but is there a place to look up on how to data-mine? I'm thinking of data-mining Falco and maybe jump-starting activity there.
I added you to the convo started by BJ on the subject

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
and then there's textbooks written by the professor that you have to buy
Last semester I took an intro oceanography class and the professor made us buy his textbook. It was $90 for a piece of **** paperback that barely taught us anything. And we had to get it because he made it so we needed the worksheets inside the book for homework and in class grades <_<

Zelda day 2

Her f-tilt is basically an inferior version of Shulk's f-tilt. Comes out at frame 12 except it has less range, less damage, and less knockback. Still a good move though

U-tilt as an anti air is waaaay more solid than I thought

D-air's sweetspot is stupid easy to land and it has been my no.2 kill option, farore's wind being first, then lightning kick goes third

Help. When do I use d-smash?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
@ Fireemblemfreak Fireemblemfreak
GG's.
You have a pretty good Zelda there. Nice reads, good combos. I didn't play my best today, but what do you think I need to work on?
You need to work on using grabs more, you have good combos out of grabs and you need to exploit it more. Work on your spacing too, I managed to outspace you, which is why many of your aerials and other attackswhiffed. Work on your dodges/airdodges being too predictable. I managed to read that and got some clean Fsmashes out of you. Overall, you had a hard time when I changed playstyles, I suffer from the same problem, but just stay calm. You have really nice combos, but you can also be baited easily, if I was playing as Link you would be grabbed to no end. Use your Uair more for combo, and your **** in general. You were also fishing too much off of the edge, which lead to me baiting you coming after me off the ledge, where I could up b you and you couldn't recover, haha. You were way too predictable with Flame choke, which led to 50%+ chains. Also your ledge game was a little weak as well.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Ganondorf drank blood tonight! It was fun, you legitimately got me a couple of times, so GG's. Keep it up!

@ Lavani Lavani LMAO

Also, d-throw to f-air isn't a combo but I usually just wait for an air dodge then I lightning kick 'em. Saw a GIF of it in the research thread. Been trying to put that into my game plan

I also try to go for Farore's wind from the ledge if their percentage is high enough for a surprise kill

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
@ Fireemblemfreak Fireemblemfreak
GG's.
You have a pretty good Zelda there. Nice reads, good combos. I didn't play my best today, but what do you think I need to work on?
You need to work on using grabs more, you have good combos out of grabs and you need to exploit it more. Work on your spacing too, I managed to outspace you, which is why many of your aerials and other attackswhiffed. Work on your dodges/airdodges being too predictable. I managed to read that and got some clean Fsmashes out of you. Overall, you had a hard time when I changed playstyles, I suffer from the same problem, but just stay calm. You have really nice combos, but you can also be baited easily, if I was playing as Link you would be grabbed to no end. Use your Uair more for combo, and your **** in general. You were also fishing too much off of the edge, which lead to me baiting you coming after me off the ledge, where I could up b you and you couldn't recover, haha. You were way too predictable with Flame choke, which led to 50%+ chains. Also your ledge game was a little weak as well.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Ganondorf drank blood tonight! It was fun, you legitimately got me a couple of times, so GG's. Keep it up!
pft. i think my list is longer for you.

I hadn't played at all today + no sleep, that's my excuse xD I often grab too much actually, but I definitely see what you mean on predictable dodges/ air dodges at least. I didn't punish you much for it, but you recovered the same way too often. Other then that, it just seemed like you stuck to the same 5 or 6 things

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Zelda day 2

Her f-tilt is basically an inferior version of Shulk's f-tilt. Comes out at frame 12 except it has less range, less damage, and less knockback. Still a good move though

U-tilt as an anti air is waaaay more solid than I thought

D-air's sweetspot is stupid easy to land and it has been my no.2 kill option, farore's wind being first, then lightning kick goes third

Help. When do I use d-smash?
Super spammy get off me move, comes out on frame three (unless they've changed it in this game but i don't think so)
USE HER DSMASH LIKE SHE'S MK
edit: it can be used for edgeguarding too cuz it sends them at a diagonally downwards angle

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Her u-smash is horrible :(

Her u-air is a pretty decent option against whatever ledge option you use. I've snagged some kills from u-airing ledge jumps

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Her u-smash is horrible :(

Her u-air is a pretty decent option against whatever ledge option you use. I've snagged some kills from u-airing ledge jumps
Usmash is a nice revenge kill if they are over 130 when you respawn. there are better ways to waste your invincibility but style is also important. It can also still snag a roll if you activate it as they are rolling into your body. I still use Usmash from time to time...

Uair reaches amazing distances under ledges so ledge drop and jump Uair is also a thing on some stages.

D

Deleted member

To be honest, when I (rarely) use Zelda, the sounds her hits make just don't sound as satisfying as in Brawl. the sound effects from Brawl are much better in my opinion.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Even when I land her usmash, I feel like I get nothing out of it lol.

Sure it deals 15-16% so that's okay, I guess, but that's about it. It doesn't KO for **** anymore. And it can't really be used defensively because of its horrible range.

Honestly unless we're punishing rolls or something, I feel like there are a lot better options to deal 15% without the huge risk from its insane lag.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So, like.

Anyone see that NFC Championship?

A game for the ages. Absolutely legendary.
So Wii U's are going against each other to see who has the best Near Field Communication?! Send me the Link to the stream please! That sounds so interesting and fun. No matter what, it's going to me more fun than football!

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
So Wii U's are going against each other to see who has the best Near Field Communication?! Send me the Link to the stream please! That sounds so interesting and fun. No matter what, it's going to me more fun than football!
Can't help but feel sorry for you (channeling mah inner Dark Pit).

American football is absolutely fantastic. Helped shaped me into the mentally disciplined and athletic person I am today; most of my fondest high school memories come from big moments on the field against other schools.

But, if none of you sisters particularly care, it's all good.

Last edited:
I remember winning gold for football. I loved football. The pacing was perfect for me. Although I like watching basketball, I can't last for 10 minutes on the court (these days)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
By football, you are actually referring to American Football or Soccer?

I know this is an american website, but this appellation always bugs me.

American Football also bugs me. I don't understand a thing (to be fair, I've never tried to understand it, and only saw it a few time).

Top Bottom