• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

rabbits

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
Zelda Social is the place people with dead character boards come to soothe their souls.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Zelda Social is the place people with dead character boards come to soothe their souls.
Hey it worked for me, plus I got data on Dr. Mario and education on the acquirement of data, so honestly, I'm happy! I'll forever be in this social thread at this point, no complaints here.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
At the very least you got to watch Falco win a match haha. And people GENERALLY know how he works but a lot of people forget Doc has Down-B, it's...pretty silly. I do agree Falco is honestly an alright character (not really bad but not really PHENOMENAL either) but most people tend to attempt to Brawl Falco.

It's the same with Doc, a lot of people compare him to Mario but he's honestly a vastly different character.
Check out the Good Falco videos? thread. Yes... the question is in fact part of the thread's title... Random one here of Charhazzard's/Grinch's Falco vs. Ike. A good Ike I might add and not those Quickdraw spammers.

'Cause I'm still inexperienced, I still like to rush in a lot with Falco which I don't think you're supposed to. The guys over there sometimes walk and take things really methodically. So, in a way, Falco's like Ganondorf, a punisher character rather than a rushdowner like Fox.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
but given the character's obscurity
But wikipedia says that Duck Hunt is 12th on the list of best-selling games ever :p I know what you mean, though, since it came out like 30 years ago and Smash's main demographic wasn't alive then.

Anyway, the real reason behind this post is this: What are your thoughts on Duck Hunt's viability? Many people are saying that Duck Hunt isn't very good, which is kind of surprising after how hyped they were at Smash 4's release.

edit:
You are an amazing person.
I just ordered the eco shipping; I do have the money to pay for faster shipping, but my mom would kill me if I spent $35 on a game figurine. I can wait for the shipping easily, I'm just stoked to have a Rosalina amiibo.

THANK YOOUUUUUU. :'DD
lol i stole your page steal.

You're so welcome! I'm glad I could help you! I wasn't able preorder her until the 10th so I was also very worried I wouldn't be able to get her.

Honestly, the whole thing surrounding her amiibo is ridiculous and shouldn't even be happening. Nintendo needs to fix all of these amiibo issues.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Turns out it was sold out on the Italian Amazon, where I'm getting mine from. However, I'm great and have a few back up sites ;)
www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-wii-u-systems/13757-amiibo-lucario-super-smash-bros-series-ver-wii-u-en.html still has her in stock. It's in yen but I did the math and the figure + shipping from japan is only about $35. However, I live in Maine and you're in Maryland (or so your profile says) so that might be a little bit different. Idk why it would because we're both East Coast but it might be.

edit: it's only $35 with 3-4 day shipping. it's less if you choose cheaper shipping.
edit 2: amazon japan still has it in stock but you have to live in japan lol
edit 3:www.play-asia.com/amiibo-super-smash-bros-series-figure-rosetta-chiko-paOS-13-49-en-70-8dll.html has Rosalina in stock but preorders aren't open yet and it still ships from Japan. Also, preorders will probably sell out really quickly so you'd have to watch it all day when it releases on the 22nd/23rd.
You are an amazing person.
I just ordered the eco shipping; I do have the money to pay for faster shipping, but my mom would kill me if I spent $35 on a game figurine. I can wait for the shipping easily, I'm just stoked to have a Rosalina amiibo.

THANK YOOUUUUUU. :'DD

Edit: You deserve the page for this.

And I agree, Nintendo has been sorely lacking in both the amiibos and the GCC adapters. I'm still waiting for those to come back in stock instead of buying something like the Mayflash third party. It feels better to go with the official releases, imo.

Last edited:

Spirst

But wikipedia says that Duck Hunt is 12th on the list of best-selling games ever :p I know what you mean, though since it came out like 30 years ago and Smash's main demographic wasn't alive then.

Anyway, the real reason behind this post is this: What are your thoughts on Duck Hunt's viability? Many people are saying that Duck Hunt isn't very good, which is kind of surprising after how hyped they were at Smash 4's release.
Duck Hunt is a character that was overhyped at release because people saw his specials/trap ability and assumed him to be the spiritual successor of Brawl Snake. Both have traps, a ****ty recovery, and disjoints. However, unlike Snake, Duck Hunt can't get KOs as easily. Like Zelda, DH has broken Smashes that function even less in rage so at high percents, he's vulnerable to getting KOd (average weight) while having difficulty KOing himself. To make up for this, he's one of the best %-building characters in the game.

Something I've noticed is that it can be difficult for Duck Hunt to return from a stock deficit because of his weaknesses in rage and his inability to make quick punishes to bring the game back. I do like the character a lot and I think his strengths (disjoints, traps, % building, decent mobility for a projectile character, good grab game) help balance out the weaknesses (KO issues, poor recovery options, subpar smashes) but a solo DH main is going to struggle in a tournament setting against characters like Sheik.

Diddy, however, isn't that big of a deal for Duck Hunt. You would think Diddy ****s all over DH after what I said but a good DH won't be getting grabbed often due to how well he can wall Diddy out and Diddy's poor airspeed makes it harder to jump over DH's tools to get in. Also, DH's fair disjoint beats out Diddy's and Diddy has similar recovery issues that can be exploited with the Can offstage. I'm much more hesitant vs a Sheik player than I am vs Diddy. The latter is pretty comfortable.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Edit: You deserve the page for this.

And I agree, Nintendo has been sorely lacking in both the amiibos and the GCC adapters. I'm still waiting for those to come back in stock instead of buying something like the Mayflash third party. It feels better to go with the official releases, imo.
tysm you're too kind.

it makes me feel bad because I have the official adapter and I'll be getting Rosalina's amiibo so it's like I've won the lottery or something. tbh I've had the adapter since the 28th of November or something like that.

To anyone who still needs Rosalina's amiibo, the link to it is in the post of mine that Twili quoted above (if you somehow missed it last page or are skipping pages or something).

Duck Hunt is a character that was overhyped at release because people saw his specials/trap ability and assumed him to be the spiritual successor of Brawl Snake. Both have traps, a ****ty recovery, and disjoints. However, unlike Snake, Duck Hunt can't get KOs as easily. Like Zelda, DH has broken Smashes that function even less in rage so at high percents, he's vulnerable to getting KOd (average weight) while having difficulty KOing himself. To make up for this, he's one of the best %-building characters in the game.

Something I've noticed is that it can be difficult for Duck Hunt to return from a stock deficit because of his weaknesses in rage and his inability to make quick punishes to bring the game back. I do like the character a lot and I think his strengths (disjoints, traps, % building, decent mobility for a projectile character, good grab game) help balance out the weaknesses (KO issues, poor recovery options, subpar smashes) but a solo DH main is going to struggle in a tournament setting against characters like Sheik.

Diddy, however, isn't that big of a deal for Duck Hunt. You would think Diddy ****s all over DH after what I said but a good DH won't be getting grabbed often due to how well he can wall Diddy out and Diddy's poor airspeed makes it harder to jump over DH's tools to get in. Also, DH's fair disjoint beats out Diddy's and Diddy has similar recovery issues that can be exploited with the Can offstage. I'm much more hesitant vs a Sheik player than I am vs Diddy. The latter is pretty comfortable.
You raise some very valid points.

Like Zelda, DH has broken Smashes that function even less in rage so at high percents, he's vulnerable to getting KOd (average weight) while having difficulty KOing himself. To make up for this, he's one of the best %-building characters in the game.
I've seen the whole broken smashes thing posted by a lot of DH players. So it's like a Zelda thing where they just fall out of them? Honestly, Nintendo needs to get their **** together with multihit smashes. They're all awful and people just pop out of them.
And wow, the can is a ton better than I initially thought. I thought it was very easy to avoid and would be a non-issue in matches and boy, was I off. A smart DH player always knows what to do with the can and how to do it. Example: I'd try to get on the other side of it so DH couldn't shoot it at me but they'd just attack it and it'd fly and explode in my face.

struggle in a tournament setting against characters like Sheik
lol join the club

Diddy, however, isn't that big of a deal for Duck Hunt.
This is actually really cool and could even be DH's saving grace. If DH has a good match up against Diddy, maybe that will spark interest in the character and help inspire their small metagame development and discourage stagnation.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
tysm you're too kind.

it makes me feel bad because I have the official adapter and I'll be getting Rosalina's amiibo so it's like I've won the lottery or something. tbh I've had the adapter since the 28th of November or something like that.

To anyone who still needs Rosalina's amiibo, the link to it is in the post of mine that Twili quoted above (if you somehow missed it last page or are skipping pages or something).
Honestly it's my own fault I don't have the adapter. I could have preordered easily, but I debated for too long on whether or not I'd actually want it. I was comfortable with the gamepad, and I still am, but I'll probably play much better with a GCC again. Alas, it's only a matter of time.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
600th post, yay~

Hey, at least some parents actually know who Duck Hunt is. Good job dad! (Dat Rocco and Bird tho that mom pls)

But then that same lame ol' dad did the GRAVE MISTAKE OF THE CENTURY. SMH DAD PLS. At least mom got her sh*t together. ://///

The full glory of this mess here. :3

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Amiibos are pretty disappointing though.. There's not much you can do with them. I wish their stats wouldn't improve when they get level 50. Their attacks start doing more % (and consequently also more knockback) and they die later. Like... why? If I wanted their stats to be stronger I would have just given them equipment or something.

But at least they're very pretty, standing on my desk!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Honestly it's my own fault I don't have the adapter. I could have preordered easily, but I debated for too long on whether or not I'd actually want it. I was comfortable with the gamepad, and I still am, but I'll probably play much better with a GCC again. Alas, it's only a matter of time.
I didn't preorder it either and that was a grave mistake of mine. I thought there would be plenty on the day of release. lol i was so naive.

congrats on 600, sis
and tbh, i'm sure if I believe that that person's parents actually said those things. the whole "too good to be true" kinda thing, you know?
nvm u got it

But at least they're very pretty, standing on my desk!
that's literally the only reason I care about them

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
600th post, yay~

Hey, at least some parents actually know who Duck Hunt is. Good job dad! (Dat Rocco and Bird tho that mom pls)

But then that same lame ol' dad did the GRAVE MISTAKE OF THE CENTURY. SMH DAD PLS. At least mom got her sh*t together. ://///

Lucina: "the same sh*t as the other guy but female"
This man knows what he's talking about.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Sooooo... If I'm correct, I see Dabuz in this threadT.

I'm gonna take advantage of this and ask @ Dabuz Dabuz what do you think of the Zelda/Rosalina MU? We were talking about it here earlier.
Ew WTF i'm supposed to be invisible always. W/e 60-40 rosa advantage neutral favors Rosa but everything is even and both characters kill eachother really easily.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
It's been a while (Thursday evening, actually).

My grandfather lost his battle to colon cancer earlier today, so I've been busy travelling and checking on my mother/close relatives. There's something rather awful about watching the proud and honorable man who named you succumb to his illness so slowly. Rest in peace, old man.

I still hope to be on here as much as I can, might even be around for a bit tomorrow.

Last edited:

Spirst

600th post, yay~

I just googled it and got nothing. What in the hell is "Rocco and Bird"?

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296

My grandfather lost his battle to colon cancer earlier today, so I've been busy travelling and checking on my mother/close relatives. There's something rather awful about watching the proud and honorable man who named you succumb to his illness so slowly. Rest in peace, old man.

I still hope to on here as much as I can, might even be around for a bit tomorrow.
I lost my grandfather to lung and brain cancer nine years ago. Best wishes go out to you and your family in such a hard time. :(

Last edited:

Spirst

I still hope to be on here as much as I can, might even be around for a bit tomorrow.
I'm very sorry for your loss. May he be at peace now.

I myself have lost my uncle this past Tuesday. He used to babysit me when I was younger so I have fond memories of that. Eventually, he turned to alcoholism and lived homeless on the streets despite all the help my family had tried to give him over the years. It's a very weird feeling to think of someone who you knew well and realize that they're no longer around. I hadn't really brought this up at all before since it seemed fairly personal but meh.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
OMG lol, sorry Dabuz, I totally forgot about that mod perk. Totally didn't realize I was picking out an invisible user. xD

Laugh all yew wanT Zeldas.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Remove that quote. Lol. It's better if they'll never know

Edit:
@ Phenomiracle Phenomiracle Sorry about your loss :c
But, you must all suffer with me! I actually never played Other M, but I own it... I'm a video game combat junkie so even if it's Team Ninja's level of storytelling which is... all of the Ninja Gaiden games, I'll be fine since I get to beat up random creatures in Other M.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I feel I falied in life for not being the one breaking that chain

Anyway, I stopped maining Zelda in Smash 4 Wii U, gimme reasons to main her again.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I feel I falied in life for not being the one breaking that chain

Anyway, I stopped maining Zelda in Smash 4 Wii U, gimme reasons to main her again.
Her sass alone will win every battle.

.. no not really she's just fun imo. Then again I'm just casual.

They'll give you better reasons. ;v;
maybe

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Sooooo... If I'm correct, I see Dabuz in this threadT.

I'm gonna take advantage of this and ask @ Dabuz Dabuz what do you think of the Zelda/Rosalina MU? We were talking about it here earlier.
Moderators can see invisible people

So keep this in mind when blurting out who is where.

Edit: I'm like, 500 posts late

Last edited:
Top Bottom