• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Customs Palutena is broken but still fun to use~

She's basically Monado jump+speed combined except she doesn't have as much commitment as the Monado boy. Like Monado jump, insane air mobility and a ton of possible combos and gimps. Speed for obvious reasons

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Dragon rush though. Scary as F

One of the reasons that I'm okay with no customs (Don't think it's OP but it's scary)
And he also has a neutral b custom that's like Falco's laser :)

I'm probably more afraid of Kong Cyclone.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hey guys. It's 8:00. Cst. That means I have been awake for 39 hours straight! Woohoo!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Palutena with Superspeed + Lightweight + Jump Glide is so strong like omf did she call Meta Knight
If customs are ever allowed in tournaments, I hope someone uses a jump cancelled superspeed usmash + lightweight, jumps, and goes flying off stage to their death :^)

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I don't actually like her customs. With my playstyle with her they're kinda weird. Counter works well for escaping some strings, reflect isn't that useful, and I'd actually rather have super speed. Auto reticle is okay, I actually like it. I don't use customs often so I don't even know how I'm supposed to use lightweight, except for that nearly insta kill combo on battlefield.

D

Deleted member

OH MY GOD I'VE SEEN THIS IN A BOOK STORE BEFORE. I was hanging out with my friends at the mall and we went into Barnes and Noble. Me and my friend Kristen wandered off into some corner and we had found this book. She made me read it out loud and people started looking at me. #AdventuresAtBarnesAndNoble

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
OH MY GOD I'VE SEEN THIS IN A BOOK STORE BEFORE. I was hanging out with my friends at the mall and we went into Barnes and Noble. Me and my friend Kristen wandered off into some corner and we had found this book. She made me read it out loud and people started looking at me. #AdventuresAtBarnesAndNoble
I only know it because some famous guy or something did a audio book version of it

this is a thing by the way

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It only took me 45 minutes, but here are my favorite Pokemon of each type:
favoritepokemon.JPG

and seriously, all electrics types are gross. none of them are very well designed. i mean, i had to resort to a possessed lawn mower for my favorite. pick up your game, electric types

i posted the template on the last page, if anyone else is interested in doing this.

There's stuff with Guardian Luma too I think but I haven't really looked into upB/downB customs for her extensively.
@ Lavani Lavani I kinda know a bit about Rosie's customs. I don't know too much about competitive play so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Here's a small rundown of Rosalina's up and down b customs:

Her up b customs are pretty situational. The one that launches you into the air faster is useless since you lose all flexibility of Rosalina's original recovery but it pretty fast so there's that. Idk why anyone would use it over default, though. The one that gains a hitbox is kinda cool. It only does like 12%, barely goes anywhere, and halts all momentum but it does make gimping her slightly more difficult. (or would it make gimping her easier since it doesn't really go very far. idk that's up to you to decide). I don't think kills until pretty late, too but idk I'd have to test it. 99% of the time, default is better.

Down b customs are in the same boat. Catch and release just pulls people in and hits them for minuscule damage (i just tested and it does 6% in training). The range is terrible (only hits when they're about a character's length away), and the reward on hit isn't really worth it. It might be useful when the opponent doesn't have a projectile, but even then, guardian luma is still probably better in that circumstance. Guardian luma is actually pretty cool (but still situational). It throws out a decently-sized disjointed hitbox and it still nullifies items. However, it doesn't nullify projectiles (or at least, I believe it doesn't. That might merit some testing). It was better before the patch because using it in the air would boost you up, but they removed that :/. Guardian luma is probably the best choice for projectile-less opponents. Default GP is still insanely useful and the best of the 3.

Rosalina's customs are all pretty good and have their uses. Except for power luma shot. That one is just bad.

#mytwocents #improbswrongabouteverythingbutwhatevs

edit 2: shooting star bit is so insane. i remember seeing seeing like lunar landed aerial canceled into shooting star bit or something along those lines. Rosalina is the queen of just throwing out hitboxes.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Dragon rush though. Scary as F

One of the reasons that I'm okay with no customs (Don't think it's OP but it's scary)
You wanna talk dumb customs, look at Rosalina

Luma Warp combos into Luma's fsmash (or any of its attacks really) and is also fast enough that it can be combo'd into. Nair, Luma Nair, Ftilt, Dtilt, Luma bair, etc etc all set up or true combo into Luma Warp>fsmash for a kill around 70%

Or if you're sitting at Luma Warp range she could just pull that card at any moment without setting up into it.

Also she gets a 4~5% Falco laser without the dumb cooldown, shorthop Shooting Star Bit is actually a thing.

There's stuff with Guardian Luma too I think but I haven't really looked into upB/downB customs for her extensively.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

and seriously, all electrics types are gross. none of them are very well designed. i mean, i had to resort to a possessed lawn mower for my favorite. pick up your game, electric types

i posted the template on the last page, if anyone else is interested in doing this
*Sees Mawile*

You're alright in my book. :D

Latte

Smash Ace
Hello, Latte! How are you? Fine, thank you. I wish I were a bird. Bonus points if you get the reference. :p
Did you look? THEN I SHALL PULL OUT YOUR TONGUE!
Azumanga Daioh is the first anime I ever watched #osaka4president

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Well that took awhile:

pokes.png

I always feel bad because for some types (especially psychic and flying) I like so many of them and there's only room for one of each type but OH WELL, last time I did this I had this huge pastebin of honorable mentions and I don't feel like typing all that again this time.

The entire Mareep line, Magnemite/ton, Manectric, and Raichu are all great ;_; Rotom's actually one of my least-liked Pokemon.

Down b customs are in the same boat. Catch and release just pulls people in and hits them for minuscule damage (i just tested and it does 6% in training). The range is terrible (only hits when they're about a character's length away), and the reward on hit isn't really worth it. It might be useful when the opponent doesn't have a projectile, but even then, guardian luma is still probably better in that circumstance. Guardian luma is actually pretty cool (but still situational). It throws out a decently-sized disjointed hitbox and it still nullifies items. However, it doesn't nullify projectiles (or at least, I believe it doesn't. That might merit some testing). It was better before the patch because using it in the air would boost you up, but they removed that :/. Guardian luma is probably the best choice for projectile-less opponents. Default GP is still insanely useful and the best of the 3.
Worth noting that Guardian Luma makes Luma invincible on top of everything else. I agree that default GP would be better in projectile-heavy matchups, but Guardian Luma would still be more useful if it's item-based projectiles like Pac-Man I think. Maybe.

Last edited:
Power vision would be cool because countering a jab kills. Also, hyper smash u-tilt kills Bowser at 76% and Jigglypuff at 56%

Too bad hyper smash makes Shulk the lightest in the game BUT the risk is worth it

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Your favorites are on point. The only Pokemon on your list that I don't like is Slowbro.

The entire Mareep line, Magnemite/ton, Manectric, and Raichu are all great ;_; Rotom's actually one of my least-liked Pokemon.
I'm not actually a big Rotom fan at all; it's just that I like Rotom-Cut's type combination and its design is kinda funny, too. I honestly don't like any of the electric types you mentioned. Mega-Manectric is okay because its design is just hilarious, but I don't like regular Manectric.

I always feel bad because for some types (especially psychic and flying) I like so many of them and there's only room for one of each type but OH WELL, last time I did this I had this huge pastebin of honorable mentions and I don't feel like typing all that again this time.
I felt like this for Psychic (since it's like my second favorite type) and Water. Like the Gardevoir line, Chimecho, the Gothitelle line, Cresselia, Meloetta, Grumpig, Azelf, Victini, and the Mr. Mime line are all great and I love them but I can't put them on all on my list. For water, the Mantine line, the Kingdra line, Milotic, etc. are all gr8, too.

Worth noting that Guardian Luma makes Luma invincible on top of everything else. I agree that default GP would be better in projectile-heavy matchups, but Guardian Luma would still be more useful if it's item-based projectiles like Pac-Man I think. Maybe.
I had no idea that Guardian Luma grants Luma invincibility frames. That's actually pretty cool. However, both default GP and Guardian Luma are pretty laggy, so opponents can bait it out and then punish you for using it. Some Rosalina mains conveniently forget that about GP and say that it single-handedly makes Rosalina win match ups against projectile characters.

Also, I saw something saying that Guardian Luma is slower than default GP. I assume this is incorrect but I have no data. Can you confirm this is untrue?

edit:
Someone should photoshop a flat Zero Suits Samus and her push-up bra in Zelda's hand.
Someone PLEASE do this. This would be perfect.
#bestideaoftheday

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

i posted the template on the last page, if anyone else is interested in doing this.
I see 3 main problems with your favorites.
1. Your water is wrong, it should be Sharpedo
2. Your dark is wrong, it should be Sharpedo
3. The rest are wrong, they should all be Sharpedo.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What about Mega Sharpedo?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
tbh i dislike Sharpedo. Carvanha is 100 times cooler

edit: bask in the "glory" of Mega Sharpedo
edit 2: i just noticed that Mega Sharpedo has weird strips of flesh that create little holes in the corners of his mouth. now the image of him opening his mouth too wide and breaking those flesh strips is playing on repeat in my mind. :/
edit 3: Are Mega Sharpedo's "teeth" made of flesh, too? The insides of them are the same color as the inside of his mouth so...

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
That's actually pretty cool. However, both default GP and Guardian Luma are pretty laggy, so opponents can bait it out and then punish you for using it. Some Rosalina mains conveniently forget that about GP and say that it single-handedly makes Rosalina win match ups against projectile characters.
I like how I was just watching AKA Sword beat Xaltis (Greninja v Rosalina) by throwing a fully charged Water Shuriken at him and then KOing with usmash during GP's end lag. Definitely not a safe tool you can just throw out, how does it shut down projectile characters when it does nothing to exert an offensive presence lol

Also, I saw something saying that Guardian Luma is slower than default GP. I assume this is incorrect but I have no data. Can you confirm this is untrue?
I...think it actually is. Somewhere in the realm of x1.6~x2.0 framespeed multiplier if I remember correctly. Feels a bit slower too. GP is x0.8 and GL is x1.0, so the latter takes 25% longer, comparatively.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
tbh i dislike Sharpedo. Carvanha is 100 times cooler

edit: bask in the "glory" of Mega Sharpedo
edit 2: i just noticed that Mega Sharpedo has weird strips of flesh that create little holes in the corners of his mouth. now the image of him opening his mouth too wide and breaking those flesh strips is playing on repeat in my mind. :/
edit 3: Are Mega Sharpedo's "teeth" made of flesh, too? The insides of them are the same color as the inside of his mouth so...
Yeah... Not a Pokémon you'd want to hug... Hugging a shark is stupid since their skin is like sandpaper.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
how does it shut down projectile characters when it does nothing to exert an offensive presence lol
That's what I thought, too. I'd have to sift through the Rosalina and Luma boards/competitive impressions thread (which I'm not going to do), but I distinctly remember a few people saying GP>every single projectile user.

I'm not surprised, though. There are Rosalina mains who think that she has no disadvantageous match ups.

edit:
Yeah... Not a Pokémon you'd want to hug... Hugging a shark is stupid since their skin is like sandpaper.
shout out to Mega Camerupt for having the best official artwork for Mega Pokemon.

LOOK HOW EXCITED HE IS. HE'S LIKE "HEY GUYS, I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE SALON!!! OH, AND I GOT THE INSIGNIA OF MY TRAINER'S TEAM BRANDED ONTO MY FOREHEAD."

Last edited:
There are Rosalina mains who think that she has no disadvantageous match ups.
There's only one Rosalina main who thinks that she has none

The other ones (Parcheezi, Forzen and Dabooze) think she does

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I kinda played brawl.. um.. no. Everything is so different and so gross and so slow and no

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I was watching some kids in the Paragon stream chat insisting that Rosalina beats Diddy and claiming that Dabuz agrees

Dabuz has said himself that Rosa vs Diddy is 35:65

Where's a drunk emote when you need it

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I was watching some kids in the Paragon stream chat insisting that Rosalina beats Diddy and claiming that Dabuz agrees

i saw some DK with the most excited chat I've even seen, prob cause DONG was his tag

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
There's only one Rosalina main who thinks that she has none

The other ones (Parcheezi, Forzen and Dabooze) think she does
shhh don't bring him up or he'll appear. You know, like the whole "speak of the devil" thing.

He is pretty cool for giving me a link so I can get Rosalina's amiibo, so I have to give him props for that. He's not as bad as every seems to think. He's just...passionate.
edit: it occurred to me that you could not be talking about the same person i am, so lol nvm then.

Is it really that bad? She's super floaty so wouldn't it be harder for Diddy to uair combo her?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
i saw some DK with the most excited chat I've even seen, prob cause DONG was his tag
Probably.

Though that DK did have some pretty hype moments, he wasn't very good either honestly. He didn't use grounded upB once in any of his sets, for starters. I don't even know what you're supposed to do as DK except "upB OoS or as a predictive tool a la Rock Smash is an amazing tool" so as far as I'm concerned he broke every rule of playing DK :4dk:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I was just on FG and I had different Ganondorfs fall out of my fsmash a total of 3 times. Our attacks can't even connect reliably against the large characters lol. Oh :4zelda:...

Last edited:
shhh don't bring him up or he'll appear. You know, like the whole "speak of the devil" thing.

He is pretty cool for giving me a link so I can get Rosalina's amiibo, so I have to give him props for that. He's not as bad as every seems to think. He's just...passionate.
edit: it occurred to me that you could not be talking about the same person i am, so lol nvm then.
He saw Jesus yesterday iirc

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Probably.

Though that DK did have some pretty hype moments, he wasn't very good either honestly. He didn't use grounded upB once in any of his sets, for starters. I don't even know what you're supposed to do as DK except "upB OoS or as a predictive tool a la Rock Smash is an amazing tool" so as far as I'm concerned he broke every rule of playing DK :4dk:
He did use ground wirlwind a couple times, but I don't think I saw him out of shield once. He managed to DK punch everyone though. to which the castors just renamed it the dong punch

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I was just on FG and I had different Ganondorfs fall out of my fsmash a total of 3 times. Our attacks can't even connect reliably against the large characters lol. Oh :4zelda:...
But Ganondorf's huge! Well, Triple D, Bowser, and Charizard are chubbier, but still!

Top Bottom