• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The description makes things more clear but apparently Greninja's D-Smash raises his hurtbox enough to hit that bumper while Up-Smash doesn't

Which is such a big deal that I didn't know it was a thing until I watched that lol.
That's because bumpers bump you when they interact with your collisionbox rather than your hurtbox. Usmash only raising Greninja's arms probably doesn't change it at all, while his body moving up during dsmash startup does.

It's why you can hit bumpers with things that clearly aren't disjointed like Mario's jab or Ganon's fair and not get bumped by them.

also yes this is the hugest of deals omg buff dsmash

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
That's because bumpers bump you when they interact with your collisionbox rather than your hurtbox. Usmash only raising Greninja's arms probably doesn't change it at all, while his body moving up during dsmash startup does.

It's why you can hit bumpers with things that clearly aren't disjointed like Mario's jab or Ganon's fair and not get bumped by them.

also yes this is the hugest of deals omg buff dsmash
Huh, interesting. It's not something that's going to become very relevant to me but it's nice to know anyway.

But for real though, another thing that the video has that I do have to agree with

The change to Greninja's hurtbox during his crouch is really dumb lol

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The change to Greninja's hurtbox during his crouch is really dumb lol
I'll never understand why that of all things was nerfed when other characters (as shown) still have low enough crouches to go under things. That one does actually make me a little mad.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'll never understand why that of all things was nerfed when other characters (as shown) still have low enough crouches to go under things. That one does actually make me a little mad.
It's less the fact that other characters like Luigi can still go under stuff by crouching that annoys me.

It's the fact that they intentionally messed up an otherwise accurate hurtbox. It's not even a questionable decision it's just a terrible one.

It's just so lazy. If you want to make Greninja's hurtbox bigger at least change the damn model to match it.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I think I must depart for my next target.
The NoA localization team.

I hate the pandering of FE characters, but I hate the censorship of entire modes of games even more. I hated the Fire Emblem Aime mode when it first announced. But it does absolutely no harm as it was completely optional. I wasn't going to ever use it, but that doesn't mean other people couldn't find happiness in it. It did no harm. But cut content is cut content in NoA's part. It is taking other people's happiness away.

I have a message for you all. Don't actively support NoA this time. Get Fire Emblem Fates used.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I think I must depart for my next target.
The NoA localization team.

I hate the pandering of FE characters, but I hate the censorship of entire modes of games even more. I hated the Fire Emblem Aime mode when it first announced. But it does absolutely no harm as it was completely optional. I wasn't going to ever use it, but that doesn't mean other people couldn't find happiness in it. It did no harm. But cut content is cut content in NoA's part. It is taking other people's happiness away.

I have a message for you all. Don't actively support NoA this time. Get Fire Emblem Fates used.
W8 you saying i can't rub Arthur's chin?!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Same to you. I was getting a hang of beating your Greninja. Your Lucas on the otherhand is another story. I seem to struggle quite a bit against your Lucas. o_o
My Greninja was a mess lol I couldn't space anything properly and kept mistiming my moves.

Lucas is my "Press in case of lag" character even though he's not exactly a very wise choice to use in lag lol.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
My Greninja was a mess lol I couldn't space anything properly and kept mistiming my moves.

Lucas is my "Press in case of lag" character even though he's not exactly a very wise choice to use in lag lol.
True, if we were in a lagless environment, I think you'd easily destroy me. Because I was making some odd decisions and mistakes. That B-Reverse Shield Breaker was not intentional.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
yo pikachu looks pretty mad
oh and it talks and stuff

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Wait just a moment!
Ganondorf has caught something.....
I know we all see the similarities between Zelda and Gardevoir in Pokken... But I noticed something....
They seem to be even have the exact same voice actor too.
BAHAHAHAHA! Take a listen
The screams were a dead giveaway! BAHAHAHAHA!

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Is it weird that I'm finding Greninja vs Rosalina actually a pretty fun MU?

That might be because I don't hate Rosalina in this game like most people seem to lol

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Is it weird that I'm finding Greninja vs Rosalina actually a pretty fun MU?
Well I think Wii Fit Trainer / Villager is a fun MU despite how bad it is.
Probably just our masochism, we are on the Zelda Social after all.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Well I think Wii Fit Trainer / Villager is a fun MU despite how bad it is.
Probably just our masochism, we are on the Zelda Social after all.
Well I just played some friendlies with who I think is probably the best Rosa player here in Brazil who was probably the guy who came closest to eliminating me in the last tourney I went.

I found I've been improving significantly since then because I even managed to 2-stock the guy's Rosa (and his ZSS secondary), which resulted in him leaving the room lol.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'd like to get a few friendlies with Dabuz or ZeRo. But the lag would probably kill them. :V

And ZeRo would probably say I should main Marth instead. :secretkpop:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
One time in the park I saw a guy sitting on a bench listening to speed metal and whistling along with it. He was whistling so loud and clean I could hear him from 200 yards away. That was a strange moment.

Top Bottom