• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Booty is the best
Oh Farore... Don't remind me of the Booty Warrior. Boondocks is both funny and horrifying.

You're not a useless NPC, stop demoting yourself like that.
Meanwhile, Falco. Wolf has more relevance in Star Fox and even Krystal has more relevance and she confirmed that in Adventure. Falco confirmed himself as an extra, another voice, and an in-title-only ace pilot in every game. Star Wolf alone has more relevance as they're the bad guys. They're like the Robot Masters in Mega Man while Falco is like Beat or Rush. At least Peppy could be Dr. Light, but hey, who's more relevant to the story of Mega Man? Dr. Light or Beat and Rush?

I like Falco's play style, but personally, he should have been the one to be cut instead of Wolf and if he returned, he should have been DLC like Lucas or like Roy and return in Smash 5 as DLC. At the same time, let's assume Nintendo wanted to keep Wolf's appearance a secret for whatever reason. Well, ****. What do you do now? I know! Make Fox the only rep for Star Fox. Wolf wasn't "allowed" and Falco's pretty much useless. Also, tease Andross for Smash so we can have more too big for Smash jokes.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Seems like some reception from the Hands-On Preview video of Project X Zone 2 by GameXplain has some mixed opinions.

Some are saying it looks better than the original, while others think it has the same, braindead gameplay mechanics from the previous one.

I'll be honest, I'm both worried and excited for it. Since I'm looking forward to seeing to what kind of improvements they've done, and worried that they might've done nothing much at all. Even though I've played the Demo about six times. :V (Thankfully, that only goes through three chapters quickly.)

But on the plus side, PXZ2 looks like it'll be a great time waster when you got nothing to do. :yeahboi:

What do you girls think?
I... am still waiting for the demo to drop on Friday. Is it true units have individual SP now instead of always using shared XP?

There's little doubt it will be better mechanically than the first. The question is, by how much? And will it be enough?
The dealbreaker for most is how repetitive the first game got with it's long battles and limited strategy. The latter seems to be being addressed, so if they just tone down the amount of enemies or the time it takes to defeat them that would be great (still loved the first, though).

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
OMG BANDAI NAMCO BE BOARDING DEM WAIFU TRAIN

Let's just casually change from this:

TO THIS:

W H A T

not complaining tho
Am I the only one concerned about how big her feet and high heels are?

Like holy **** they're bigger than her face

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Seems like some reception from the Hands-On Preview video of Project X Zone 2 by GameXplain has some mixed opinions.

Some are saying it looks better than the original, while others think it has the same, braindead gameplay mechanics from the previous one.

I'll be honest, I'm both worried and excited for it. Since I'm looking forward to seeing to what kind of improvements they've done, and worried that they might've done nothing much at all. Even though I've played the Demo about six times. :V (Thankfully, that only goes through three chapters quickly.)

But on the plus side, PXZ2 looks like it'll be a great time waster when you got nothing to do. :yeahboi:

What do you girls think?
My getting PX2 was guaranteed as soon as they announced Fiora. Why would I care about how other people think of it? :drshrug:

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
Playing semi-seriously with a friend, I finally came to the realization that Zelda is TOO STRONK and whe should BAN*HER

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Am I the only one concerned about how big her feet and high heels are?

Like holy **** they're bigger than her face
Look at these hands. Look at them. Look at how chubby they are. Look at his flappy hands. Nina's feet ain't got nothing on Falco's flappy hands.

Also, for more disproportional fun: Bayonetta. :p

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
oops i think i dropped something by accident
Screen Shot 2016-01-27 at 8.25.35 PM.png

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I guess Greninja got demoted from always being in B tier to being in C tier now, sad frog. Not even top 20

is it that time again already

I have to say I'm a little curious about your placement of Lucas. I still play him as a secondary but I don't really feel like the buffs he got made him that much better

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I have to say I'm a little curious about your placement of Lucas. I still play him as a secondary but I don't really feel like the buffs he got made him that much better
Buffs didn't really change my opinion of him very much.

Guess I just don't see why people rag on him so much? Zair and PK Fire are annoying, his recovery is great, a lot of his attacks are pretty safe, likely has the best set of throws in the game...I dunno. Maybe I'm just biased because I struggle against him.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Buffs didn't really change my opinion of him very much.

Guess I just don't see why people rag on him so much? Zair and PK Fire are annoying, his recovery is great, a lot of his attacks are pretty safe, likely has the best set of throws in the game...I dunno. Maybe I'm just biased because I struggle against him.
I dunno, I feel like I'm doing a lot better with Lucas now but I still feel so limited when playing him.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just had to take some laundry up, and had my breakfast too. And I've started reading Volume 7 of D-Frag!. :yeahboi:

I see we're all making tier lists again. :secretkpop: (Time to make a joke tier list!)

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Look at these hands. Look at them. Look at how chubby they are. Look at his flappy hands. Nina's feet ain't got nothing on Falco's flappy hands.

Also, for more disproportional fun: Bayonetta. :p
Omg

What happened to Mario's waist/feet

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So I wanted to give it a shot too. This is actually the first time I try to put together a tier list, so whatevs.
The lower on it, the less certain I am about specific placing, and for the most part is not ordered within tiers.
Also, I wanted to gauge matchups more than results.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
So I wanted to give it a shot too. This is actually the first time I try to put together a tier list, so whatevs.
The lower on it, the less certain I am about specific placing, and for the most part is not ordered within tiers.
Also, I wanted to gauge matchups more than results.
Feel like Doc should be a tier up if we're talking matchups and stuff.

I feel like he doesn't insta-lose to rushdown and good frame data like a good chunk of the people in his tier with him. Doc's buffs have been traditionally undervalued and he was probably about where you have him on WiiU launch but the character has improved tremendously (kill confirms off of a throw on all fastfallers with Fair buffs, the buffs letting him kill stupidly early, and his USmash becoming the best USmash in the game period).

Otherwise I don't see any immediate problems, I can't speak out of experience for anyone other than Cloud and Mario at that point, and I feel like while Mario might be marginally too high (not enough to be an actual problem) I think you have Cloud in the right spot atm.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Might as well post my own tier list. :3

ayylmaotierlist.png

Here's my own Tier List. (Don't worry. Two character placements are jokes. :secretkpop: )

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I... am still waiting for the demo to drop on Friday. Is it true units have individual SP now instead of always using shared XP?

There's little doubt it will be better mechanically than the first. The question is, by how much? And will it be enough?
The dealbreaker for most is how repetitive the first game got with it's long battles and limited strategy. The latter seems to be being addressed, so if they just tone down the amount of enemies or the time it takes to defeat them that would be great (still loved the first, though).
Yes. They're used for upgrading your moves.

The game's battle system is definitely faster and has a little more tactics involved than the first game since you can power up attacks you haven't used yet, as well as upgrading units moves. Cross attacks while having a much tighter timing and not simply freezing an enemy in place so you can just spam attacks and solo and support units every time, doing even more damage. Positioning actually matters now since it's dependent on how much damage you do (front does the least, side does more and back does the most).

Oh yeah, I almost forgot you can speed up enemy turns. Thank god for that.
And you can set skills too.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Gorls, we might have footstool combos now.

BJN39 BJN39 is this actually true?
My insides tell me it cannot work

But it really depends if a footstool can happening faster than a DJ BAir. Which looks like a yes.

Obviously Dthrow, NAir, BAir isn't true because NAir has too much endlag, so even frame 6 BAir is just a tad too late. IDK how many frames late it is. If it's only like, 2-4 frames late, a faster, footstool option could be guaranteed, or at least harder to escape.

The footstool DAir part looks good though.

I wonder though if it would be too hard to pull off should the opponent DI out. Might be able to do the front NAir side variation off a run jump.

Something I hadn't thought a lot about is the fact that NAir's endlag is the real 'main' reason NAir doesn't chain into another aerial. Which begs the question of what could we be able to do to people off of a NAir if, for example, the FAF went from 51 to 45 or so.

I might even accept 19F landing lag if it was dropped to a lower FAF like that.

Top Bottom