• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
My insides tell me it cannot work

But it really depends if a footstool can happening faster than a DJ BAir. Which looks like a yes.

Obviously Dthrow, NAir, BAir isn't true because NAir has too much endlag, so even frame 6 BAir is just a tad too late. IDK how many frames late it is. If it's only like, 2-4 frames late, a faster, footstool option could be guaranteed, or at least harder to escape.

The footstool DAir part looks good though.

I wonder though if it would be too hard to pull off should the opponent DI out. Might be able to do the front NAir side variation off a run jump.

Something I hadn't thought a lot about is the fact that NAir's endlag is the real 'main' reason NAir doesn't chain into another aerial. Which begs the question of what could we be able to do to people off of a NAir if, for example, the FAF went from 51 to 45 or so.

I might even accept 19F landing lag if it was dropped to a lower FAF like that.
HmmmmT I guess most of us just complained about the landing lag when we didn't consider it's endlag. That's interesting, I'll try to lab it later to find out for sure because it looks possible but unlikely. I appriciate the information and response. Thanks sisT

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Since 1.1.4 might be the final patch that we'll get girls. What kind of changes do you all hope to see?

I know that I want some changes to Lucina, but seeing as that while damage buffs are good and all. I'd maybe like to see some small buffs given to her. Oh what am I saying? She's gonna get nothing but Damage Buffs. (Which is still good) :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Since 1.1.4 might be the final patch that we'll get girls. What kind of changes do you all hope to see?

I know that I want some changes to Lucina, but seeing as that while damage buffs are good and all. I'd maybe like to see some small buffs given to her. Oh what am I saying? She's gonna get nothing but Damage Buffs. :secretkpop:
I'd like it if they removed the incredibly weak sourspot on Din Flare, or atleast made it smaller (or stronger). It'd also be nice if it didn't leave Zelda helpless after using it midair for some stupid reason.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That **** looks gross every time I see it.
For weird animation, I still question ZSS's jump.
Wait, really? I thought she used her staff. *goes to check* Oh. My. Hylia. She does! Oh, and for other animation stuff, look at Sheik when she jumps. Sheik crouches down and jumps not just by using her legs, but she also pushes herself up with her hands. It's both pretty and weird-looking. Anyway, guess where this pose comes from.
View attachment 67144

It's part of ZSS's jump animation. Seriously... Seriously, developers, what kind of jump animation is this? It's not even her backwards jump animation which is a regular flip. Her backwards jump animation is just a backflip like most characters. This is an "arch her back and then snap it forward to somersault". I get that ZSS is supposed to be the gymnastics, athletic fighter *cough*Sheikisalreadyone*cough*, but what even is this? Oh, I'm going to arch my back - fanservice -, cover my hair - ponytail clips through thigh -, and then snap forward to do a somersault. Who even does this? Is this even physically possible!? Her double jump is also kind of stupid since she does this pose.

And then transitions to this pose. Girl, are we jumping or free-falling? At least her backwards double jump is just a regular backflip.

Y'know, I just realized that ZSS has Crimson Viper's jet heels and those bangles on her wrists might as well be the thunder gloves C. Viper has. Oh, but genius super soldier here doesn't even make use of them. What are those bangles even for? Accessories? You're a bounty hunter not a honey trap. Oh, and Falco's jump animation is beyond unnecessary: "I'm gonna jump and then twirl after the jump". At least you could justify Sheik's pre-launch as a way to get height, but twirling after the jump?

I like how I ended up ranting about ZSS's animations after responding to BJN39's note of Pally's Dair leg usage.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm predicting in the first week of February.
Oh please =w=
Though the general consensus around the internet is that it'll come on the 19th along with Fates and the Bayo 2 re-release

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

I know that I want some changes to Lucina, but seeing as that while damage buffs are good and all. I'd maybe like to see some small buffs given to her. Oh what am I saying? She's gonna get nothing but Damage Buffs. (Which is still good) :secretkpop:
Swordfighter getting large disjoints

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
TFW I found out that footstool combo ages ago but thought Zelda sucks too much to jab lock them afterwards. Guess I was wrong.

But wouldn't back hit Utilt to Nair be a better follow up after the lock? Maybe try doing another footstool Dair lock into Utilt -> Bair? We Lucas now gorls

Big D would also like to say that Dedede is much higher now on tier lists posted on Twitter because of his 49th placement at Genesis, beating out Pink Fresh and Mew2King and the like. :^)

Also someone wants to MM my main against his Zelda. I don't know if this will end well or not.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I feel like he doesn't insta-lose to rushdown and good frame data like a good chunk of the people in his tier with him. Doc's buffs have been traditionally undervalued and he was probably about where you have him on WiiU launch but the character has improved tremendously (kill confirms off of a throw on all fastfallers with Fair buffs, the buffs letting him kill stupidly early, and his USmash becoming the best USmash in the game period).
Is D-Throw -> F-Air really guaranteed on fastfallers? There's someone here in Brazil who mains Doc and when we played friendlies he never could land it on me.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
HmmmmT I guess most of us just complained about the landing lag when we didn't consider it's endlag. That's interesting, I'll try to lab it later to find out for sure because it looks possible but unlikely. I appriciate the information and response. Thanks sisT
Well, let's be clear that the move still has more landing lag than it should, still bad, and complaint worthy :secretkpop:

But reducing the endlag would be a comparable decent buff to the move. The improvements cover completely different functions, though, so you'd be choosing one area to buff:

Landing lag buffs would help landing combos or FF/landing usage, while endlag buffs could help it in full aerial usage and NAir to ?? Combos. Both are good, either one of these would be a good buff... can has both plox.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Is D-Throw -> F-Air really guaranteed on fastfallers? There's someone here in Brazil who mains Doc and when we played friendlies he never could land it on me.
It is if you time it right. He probably messed it up but 2ManyCooks lands it consistently in tournament and even against good players like AnTi among others.

If it wasn't real we wouldn't be talking, but just watch Nairo vs. Esam if you must. He hits that a LOT because it works on Pika who has the right weight and fallspeed for it (i.e. most fastfallers)

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
It is if you time it right. He probably messed it up but 2ManyCooks lands it consistently in tournament and even against good players like AnTi among others.

If it wasn't real we wouldn't be talking, but just watch Nairo vs. Esam if you must. He hits that a LOT because it works on Pika who has the right weight and fallspeed for it (i.e. most fastfallers)
That's interesting, that guy considers Greninja to be a really terrible MU for Doc (and I didn't really help him think otherwise lol) but I guess having that kill confirm would help make it better

Amusingly he also plays Cloud.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
That's interesting, that guy considers Greninja to be a really terrible MU for Doc (and I didn't really help him think otherwise lol) but I guess having that kill confirm would help make it better

Amusingly he also plays Cloud.
I don't think Greninja is that bad honestly. Doc has enough frame data and the best Cape of the Marios which makes Shuriken a lot easier to deal with in neutral because Doc will be shorthopping a lot. Not favorable but doesn't seem awful either IMO.

Blahblah edgeguards with Nado since Gren's Up+B doesn't project a hitbox (this is relevant, not massively game changing but important)

On the bright side you found Brazilian TTTTTsd I guess.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I don't think Greninja is that bad honestly. Doc has enough frame data and the best Cape of the Marios which makes Shuriken a lot easier to deal with in neutral because Doc will be shorthopping a lot. Not favorable but doesn't seem awful either IMO.

Blahblah edgeguards with Nado since Gren's Up+B doesn't project a hitbox (this is relevant, not massively game changing but important)

On the bright side you found Brazilian TTTTTsd I guess.
I don't really think it's a terrible MU either, I don't think there's MUs where Greninja has too big of an advantage other than Ganondorf and maybe Jigglypuff. It's good for Greninja because Doc's low mobility makes him much easier to keep out compared to Mario and he's easier to edgeguard even with Tornado factored in.

He only plays Cloud against me because he hates my Greninja and basically feeds on the fact I have no idea how to fight Cloud =V

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I don't really think it's a terrible MU either, I don't think there's MUs where Greninja has too big of an advantage other than Ganondorf and maybe Jigglypuff. It's good for Greninja because Doc's low mobility makes him much easier to keep out compared to Mario and he's easier to edgeguard even with Tornado factored in.

He only plays Cloud against me because he hates my Greninja and basically feeds on the fact I have no idea how to fight Cloud =V
Yeah it's most def winnable.

Doc's only feasibly unrealistic MUs are (IMO)
- Sonic
- RosaLuma
- Maybe Ryu and/or Cloud, dunno about either.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Gorls, we might have footstool combos now.

BJN39 BJN39 is this actually true?
Just imagine all the other combo starters we could use after the reset instead of an LK...I'm going to start trying this out more.

I hope some random Zelda player somewhere does this on stream so everyone will freak out at Zelda doing something cool, lol.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
BJN39 BJN39 sisT stop using an avatar of a girl that looks like she came out from a hentai you filthy weeb :^)

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Look at these hands. Look at them. Look at how chubby they are. Look at his flappy hands. Nina's feet ain't got nothing on Falco's flappy hands.

Also, for more disproportional fun: Bayonetta. :p
I kind of like when characters' body parts enlarge cartoonishly for attacks. Only kind of, though, since it makes their range larger than it should be. Gotta love Wario's yaoi hands though.

Lavani Lavani all this talk makes me want you to test G&W's footstool ability out of DThrow, I know he can land the footstool but when I tested I couldn't get any followups aside from non-meteor DAir (which obviously didn't continue the lock). Only weak FAir and DAir lock (though DAir's landing hit probably screws stuff up). And Judge 2 but lol. Plz sensei, I trust your labbing more than mine.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I kind of like when characters' body parts enlarge cartoonishly for attacks. Only kind of, though, since it makes their range larger than it should be. Gotta love Wario's yaoi hands though.
Except Falco's hands start off as cartoonishly large. Then you have Fox whose legs grow and his bulbous boots become even more bulbous.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Lavani Lavani all this talk makes me want you to test G&W's footstool ability out of DThrow, I know he can land the footstool but when I tested I couldn't get any followups aside from non-meteor DAir (which obviously didn't continue the lock). Only weak FAir and DAir lock (though DAir's landing hit probably screws stuff up). And Judge 2 but lol. Plz sensei, I trust your labbing more than mine.
maybe later i'm playing hyrule warriors

Gotta love Wario's yaoi hands though.
christ

I'm going to lose it every time a wario utilts now

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'm curious if Lucina has any Footstool combos or not.

Since I know a sweetspot DAir can jab lock at low percents. And that she lost her ability to jab lock from FAir > Jab due to Sakurai readjusting the angle of them.

Btw, sorry to ask. But can someone help make my avatar have a transparent background? I was too lazy and just used one of the colours from the Smashboards Black palette. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Except Falco's hands start off as cartoonishly large. Then you have Fox whose legs grow and his bulbous boots become even more bulbous.
I though Falco's hands where cartoonishly big because the double as wings fFAMran

i'm calling you fFAMran from now on btw

:150:

Top Bottom