• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Hi Crashboards, looking lovely as usual today I see.
Screenshot_2016-01-19-15-12-36.png

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
But if you're assembling an army against ZeRo, then that means you've won since you've outnumbered them. :p
You have not played a Metal Gear game then.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Thank you everyone for the support! I had a great time at genesis and glad I showed some stuff with Zelda. I am here to announce things though. I'm not maining Zelda anymore but not completely dropping her. I'm picking up cloud as I see Zelda does have some MU's that are just highly impossible in certain situations. I will be maining cloud and secondaring Zelda or vice versa.
Welcome to the Cloud player list! If you need like, any help with anything, feel free to shoot me a question! (In particular, Cloud's recovery has a neat trick that I posted around but not in here, it's p. coool)

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Alright gorls time to cough up the truth. Who wrote this on the smash wiki? I'm disappointed that 1) my name is spelt wrong and 2) why I am even on this list I'm not even that good smh smh
Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 6.10.19 PM.png

I have a feeling who did this deed but I'll let you gorls confess chiyo.png

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeaaaaaah... I don't think I want to return to the CCI thread or its successors anymore... Things are getting... stupid.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Yeaaaaaah... I don't think I want to return to the CCI thread or its successors anymore... Things are getting... stupid.
You know it's bad when even I leave it for good, Fam(ran).

It began with the Cloud **** and it's ended with the dumb Genesis 3 ****. I'm not going back unless the Feb. patch does something to stop this stupidity. If not, lol. I enjoyed the good convos I had in there but now it's a dense wave of no thank you. I'll take note that the only people talking like the ones in that thread are...in that thread.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Says everyone at least once before they go back to the CCI thread the next day.
Actually, I left once, but then I came back like a month or two. Old ranting habits die hard. :p

You know it's bad when even I leave it for good, Fam(ran).

It began with the Cloud **** and it's ended with the dumb Genesis 3 ****. I'm not going back unless the Feb. patch does something to stop this stupidity. If not, lol. I enjoyed the good convos I had in there but now it's a dense wave of no thank you. I'll take note that the only people talking like the ones in that thread are...in that thread.
Emblem Lord, HeroMystic, Shaya, Sinister Slush, and more don't go back there anymore except for occasional visits. There's a point where you kind of realize how much of a (hellish) wall you're talking too...

I should get premium and change my username to Balthier. "So I ran. Free at last..."

Also, unrelated, but I'm going to assume Macchi was responsible for writing this on someone's wiki page: "Macchiato is his #1 bae so Zeldas back off"? Wasn't that brought up before? :p

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Actually, I left once, but then I came back like a month or two. Old ranting habits die hard. :p

Emblem Lord, HeroMystic, Shaya, Sinister Slush, and more don't go back there anymore except for occasional visits. There's a point where you kind of realize how much of a (hellish) wall you're talking too...

I should get premium and change my username to Balthier. "So I ran. Free at last..."

Also, unrelated, but I'm going to assume Macchi was responsible for writing this on someone's wiki page: "Macchiato is his #1 bae so Zeldas back off"? Wasn't that brought up before? :p
Yeah, it's just awful in there now hahaha. I am putting that Cloud image in my signature now though, thanks Antonykun Antonykun you're the real G

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeah, it's just awful in there now hahaha. I am putting that Cloud image in my signature now though, thanks Antonykun Antonykun you're the real G
Didn't it start out awful, though? I wasn't here, account or lurking, during Melee or Brawl's lifetime on Smashboards, so I'm going to assume all CCIs are... gross. Someone mentioned how ZeRo's statement was almost word for word what M2K said for Brawl and I remember someone saying that way back in the day, M2K insisted that Mewtwo was among the best in Melee... Then there's ESAM insisting that Pikachu's always good, but that's besides the point.

ZeRo has a point when he said people complain about stuff and it applies too everything. Hell, a potential USA president feeds on the people's need to complain about stuff. At the same time, there's some truth to the complainers as well. Something has to be done, especially in time where patches are possible (for Nintendo since the Wii was weird with patching). You can deal with the Diddy and Luigi MU, but Diddy's Uair and D-throw and Luigi's D-throw really was that powerful and versatile moves. You can also deal with Meta Knight's shoddy hitboxes. The problem is it really was that shoddy not from a player, "I have to deal with this crap" standpoint, but also a game design standpoint of how do you let something like that pass Q&A?

The problem is that... I think the problem is that with more and more things being possible and with more and more things being available on demand, a lot of people are acting self-entitled to stuff. There are tons of threads in multiple boards asking about how they can demand, get, or figure out ways to make their character S-tier. No, not good, but the best characters. There are people demanding meta developments in a short amount of time when that doesn't happen because all characters are different. Cloud, for example, might be a early bloomer who unlocks most of his potential early on which helps since a lot of people play as him. I mean, it's freaking Cloud in Smash. Ryu, despite his numerous successes after people developed his meta, was ignored. I wouldn't be surprised if some people said Genesis 3 was evidence for Ryu being overrated. Ryu's not easy to play in terms of technical skill since if you mess up which all players are prone to, but lower level ones are more prone to, Ryu ends up doing things he does not want. When a Ryu does a Hadouken by accident, you know he just missed a kill. When a Ryu did a Shoryuken instead of a Tatsumaki for an edgeguard, you know he missed a potential edgeguard kill. Peach and Ryu are among the most difficult characters to play from a technical standpoint and they greatly, greatly reward players. There's so, so much to input with them and one wrong input can mean their doom. In a game where not a lot of characters need fine inputs to get by at high levels, it's really daunting when they do. People do realize that games like Melee, Ninja Gaiden, Street Fighter, and Zelda took years for them to be figured out, right? Why? 'Cause back then, we had dial-up and it was ****. Back then, forums and sharing stuff like this was almost unheard of. Stuff was freaking local and isolated. Now? If a random player manages to get footage of a legitimate strategy in Metroid Prime that reduces 20 secs for a speedrunner, that's going to get labbed to hell and back and applied almost immediately. Back then? Hell, you're lucky if people videotaped anything.

Also, screw memes. Screw first impressions and reactions being the end all and be all. They're freaking stupid and that's it. For whatever reason, people have this issue nowadays to see or hear the first thing and believe it as almost a godgiven fact and when the first thing they see or hear is from a popular player, it's really stupid when other players don't get their opinions accepted. And then there's the internet culture of being complete scumbags. There's a difference between what's a joke and what's funny versus what's cruel and disgusting. I hope Vinnie comes back to Smash; I hope people back up Vinnie because it's a damn shame we've lost a good player who happens to be a Sheik player. Then there's the whole mood whiplash of hating how Dabuz played Rosalina and now loving it. First off, would you be comfortable with a character in barely a year and with barely any information of what she could do? No. Now? Maybe and you know why? 'Cause Dabuz, Falln, Rayquaza, and Xaltis figured out what she could do and you just spoonfed your cookie-eating self. This all goes back to this need for impossibly quick goals which freaking move and always freaking move.

I think there's another issue to all of this and that I think Smash 4's getting patched way too quickly. This comes from hearing what VesperArcade said about Street Fighter V's balancing and character release plans. I get it, it's a differently-focused game since SF is all about being competitive. At the same time, unless there's major issues like the giant Yoshi glitch, the grab-immune Diddy glitch, "unplayable" problems like Falco's Up Smash, Meta Knight's hitboxes, Mewtwo's whatever, Peach's Vegetables being considered illegal items in For Glory, Samus's Up Smash, and Zelda's Up and Side Smash, or obviously, content patches, I think maybe Smash 4 shouldn't have been patched at all until after the year it's been initially released, Sept. 2016, or 6 months after its release which would be Feb.? 2016. I don't count 1.0.4 as a patch since it's basically what the Wii U came out as, so maybe instead it should be Oct. 2016 or Mar. 2016. When you think about it, "casuals" - I'm starting to hate this word - don't really give a damn if things been re-balanced. They and everyone else would, however, care if things functioned better like nobody would be happy if Mewtwo couldn't be used in singleplayer modes. Competitively, that's where people really care about balance changes, so why do anything immediately? The Link jab change felt like a panic patch from listening to rabid fans overreacting. The developers should have just noted it down and if it was figured out to be false, then cross it off. If not, then they should compile everything, make whatever changes they feel is right, and then release a patch. The incremental patching, however minor at times, is kind of annoying... I think they're potentially building up as junk data and they really do halt or change developments for characters like Falco really did have a hit confirm off of Uair, both regular and sour-spot, but nobody really applied it consistently for it to matter until now where it's common to see Falco confirm a Bair with the initial back hit or confirm Nair and Fair with the later front hit. There's also the issue where 1.0.8 Uair's hit angles kind of screw over its kill potential... Meanwhile, Rosalina and ZSS's Uairs which have constant and, arguably, better hit angles despite being as strong or even weaker damage or knockback-wise than Falco's Uair pre- and post-patch.

h0I!!im temmie!!!
and dis is my friend...
Please, no. Please, we already have Reserved...

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm an idiot. I just got the FFXII reference to your name! *self facepalms*
I never got far enough into the game, but I don't think they ever say his real name. They say his last name because Balthier says his father's full name, but never his own, old, true name. So, pretty much an obscure reference that's kind of not really obscure if you just search Balthier and click a wiki page.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
In a month, Berzie's going to regret what he did while we cringe whenever page 2575 is mentioned.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I never got far enough into the game, but I don't think they ever say his real name. They say his last name because Balthier says his father's full name, but never his own, old, true name. So, pretty much an obscure reference that's kind of not really obscure if you just search Balthier and click a wiki page.
Balthier's childhood friend says it once in Archades. Also nothing's obscure thanks to search engines ;)

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Oh wait I just noticed that we get Bravely Second in late April.

And Europe gets it late February.

Right after Nintendo made an almost 2 month wait between Paper Jam's Europe and NA release.

Nintendo just give me my f****** RPGs

Also looking at last year:
-1 month wait between every update or DLC for Hyrule Warriors
-4 month wait for Wooly World (seriously what happened there)
-7 month wait for the regular New 3DS, and the only way we can get it is in a bundle with HHD and faceplates aren't even sold in stores
-amiibos in general
-Our VC selection is so bare (SERIOUSLY THE ORIGINAL XENOBLADE ON VC? I HAVE A NEW 3DS BUT I WOULD BUY THE VC VERSION IN A HEARTBEAT)
Nintendo isn't really fixing any of their problems from last year

BUT WE GOT AMIIBO FESIVAL A WHOLE WEEK EARLY SO THAT MAKES UP FOR EVERYTHING ELSE :]

Also it'll be almost a whole year since Japan got Bravely Second when we get it and I'm preeeeeeety sure that it doesn't take that long to translate the game.

Top Bottom