• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
Lol, Fujin gets banned as soon as he questions why he isn't banned. Cobalion had a good run.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Doing the Hard Mode missions in Paper Jam right now. Got two left to do before I have to proceed to Neo Bowser Castle. And on March, I'll be going on vacation with my parents, sister and her boyfriend, so that'll be fun. :yeahboi:

But I'll have enough time to figure out what to do with Corrin before then.

D

Deleted member

I read all of TTTTTsd TTTTTsd 's posts in his voice now after the Cloud ledgesnap video. It fits too well.

And yeah, I'm not fond of the CCI thread either. It feels far too aggressive for my tastes, I prefer talking competitive stuff with my friends or anywhere else on the forum. It's more chill that way and I'm way more at ease, and it feels more like I won't be jumped at for my opinion or saying something incorrect by mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I read all of TTTTTsd TTTTTsd 's posts in his voice now after the Cloud ledgesnap video. It fits too well.
Just don't ask him to read bad fanfics to you. :secretkpop:

And yeah, I'm not fond of the CCI thread either. It feels far too aggressive for my tastes, I prefer talking competitive stuff with my friends or anywhere else on the forum. It's more chill that way and I'm way more at ease, and it feels more like I won't be jumped at for my opinion or saying something incorrect by mistake.
Same here. It's much nicer to chat with friends and the more easygoing and nicer people compared to the CCI thread. I haven't even seen the CCI thread, and I don't even want to. :V

D

Deleted member

lol why is Nairo still on the notable Zelda players list?

(wait, somebody just put him in inactive, alright)

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent

See? My video had an ulterior motive.

Now everything I say has a narrative voice you can apply to it! Let's try!

sdfsdfshdskghfdgjfdhgsfjdds.

Anyways yeah CCI went to the dumps, BAN SHEIK etc. and it got really obnoxious because attempting to justify why you think the metagame as it is right now is fine is stupid and such. Nobie is such a smart guy though, go read all of his posts in there and duck out.

D

Deleted member

Nobie is probably the most reasonable person in that thread by far, I agree.

also I actually read that perfectly. what is happening

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
You know it's bad when even I leave it for good, Fam(ran).

It began with the Cloud ****
While I have my personal qualms with cloud's design, I may have been a bit hyperbolic in calling him "sword Mario"
Getting rekt by mr block sword one too many times on smash ladder has also made me a taaaad bit salty ^^;

But who else is hype for fates? The CCI thread isn't my cup of tea right now either

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-14-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-has-a-new-dungeon

We physical dlc now.
Locking cosmetic stuff is fine. Locking gameplay out is questionable.
This might have been fine (not really) if Nintendo even restocked amiibos regularly or if the amiibo looked half decent.

Nintendo better put this on the eshop as regular dlc.

But who else is hype for fates?
Fates is pretty good. Playing the fan translation.
The weapon changes are interesting.
If NoA don't censor everything then I may buy an american copy.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just found out when I'll be going for a week. On the 11th of March.

So I might not be on Smashboards till the 18th/19th during that month. :V
Unless I can get my 3DS to load Smashboards without forcing me to reload the page again. And hopefully the place I'm staying at will have a console or PC and a internet connection for me to get connected. :yeahboi:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lol gorl I barely even go to any relevant tournaments let alone consistently place well in them. Also, the only recorded footage of me playing is me getting 2-0'd by a DDD, lol.
You gorls got nothing on us.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-14-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-has-a-new-dungeon

We physical dlc now.
Locking cosmetic stuff is fine. Locking gameplay out is questionable.
This might have been fine (not really) if Nintendo even restocked amiibos regularly or if the amiibo looked half decent.

Nintendo better put this on the eshop as regular dlc.

Fates is pretty good. Playing the fan translation.
The weapon changes are interesting.
If NoA don't censor everything then I may buy an american copy.
Hm. Locking away an entire dungeon behind an amiibo will probably irritate some people. Though to be fair, amiibo are way more plentiful now than before. Marth, C.Falcon, Greninja, Villager, and a bunch of other rare amiibo are plentiful now, so I don't think Wolf Link will have stock issues, especially with the bundle. Though it seems like digital buyers are getting screwed over. :/

Edit: The digital version is actually $49.99, instead of $59.99. I guess that sorta makes up for it?

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Hm. Locking away an entire dungeon behind an amiibo will probably irritate some people. Though to be fair, amiibo are way more plentiful now than before. Marth, C.Falcon, Greninja, Villager, and a bunch of other rare amiibo are plentiful now, so I don't think Wolf Link will have stock issues, especially with the bundle. Though it seems like digital buyers are getting screwed over. :/
I quite liked Twilight Princess. So I'll be getting the HD Remake, along with Wolf Link Amiibo.

Also, girls. For anyone who is interested in Project X Zone 2, there'll be a Demo of the game on the 26th of January. :yeahboi:

I'm still curious on how much the game has improved compared to the previous one. I'm also curious about if Bayonetta & Corrin will be released within the first week of February or during the second week. :V

Me if PXZ2 is better than the prequel:

I just noticed Aoyama in this gif looks like Rosalina. :V

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Yeah the whole Amiibo stock thing hasn't been an issue since forever I think. They really picked up the slack on it!
I was kinda salty when I walked into a Best Buy to get Falco, and there were like, 3 or 4 Marth's just sitting there on the shelf. ;-; I had to get mine from 5 second windows on Amazon.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Do you all collect amiibos and keep them in the case? Or do you actually train them

I feel like I'm one of the few people who actually wasted time putting blood,sweat, and tears into training my pacman amiibo...and he still didn't even know how to launch his own hydrant ;_;

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
so here's a buff to fg: give me the power to not fight anyone for mexico on fg

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I quite liked Twilight Princess. So I'll be getting the HD Remake, along with Wolf Link Amiibo.

Also, girls. For anyone who is interested in Project X Zone 2, there'll be a Demo of the game on the 26th of January. :yeahboi:

I'm still curious on how much the game has improved compared to the previous one. I'm also curious about if Bayonetta & Corrin will be released within the first week of February or during the second week. :V

Me if PXZ2 is better than the prequel:

I just noticed Aoyama in this gif looks like Rosalina. :V
Europe is getting the demo tomorrow so I'll definitely try it out.
And from the looks of it, the game's battle system looks faster than the first.

D

Deleted member

Kirby on the other hand... :secretkpop:
That's a gun..

You know who else besides Kirby has guns.

:4bayonetta: has not one gun, but two.
:4falcon: has a gun... but doesn't use it in Smash.
:4darkpit: has a gun.
:4fox::4falco: They got guns.
:4robinf: She has magical guns.
:4zss: has a gun.
:4miigun: He also has a gun.

S U P E R G U N B R O S.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Just a post about Orpheon buggies in Xenoblade. This is what happens when you indirectly ask for motivation. He reveals he is a BugBro and possibly best BugHusbando.
:123::015::214:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Do you all collect amiibos and keep them in the case? Or do you actually train them

I feel like I'm one of the few people who actually wasted time putting blood,sweat, and tears into training my pacman amiibo...and he still didn't even know how to launch his own hydrant ;_;
One day he'll get there. When he throws his first hydrant you have to kiss the Amiibo on the forehead (does Pac-Man even have a forehead? Legitimate question)

Also to clarify about Cloud in CCI (you mentioned it earlier, don't worry, you didn't say anything that bothered me), it wasn't people calling him easy that bothered me (He IS a simple character). "Zero effort High reward" is what drew the line for me. I like to think I spend a lot of time labbing out and finding ways to be creative with the character and reading things like that feels like a slap in the face, and it's also how I imagine ZSS or Sheik players potentially end up feeling when people suggest that the character is carrying. You really start to align perspectives when you understand via experience.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
It is interesting though. It ties in people who likes to collect Zelda memorabilia but may not be interested in buying a Wii U and people who like DLC. I think it is money grubbing, but kinda clever so I don't mind it. At least you are getting something physical for your DLC.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Apparently, Sakurai considered Terra (and Bartz) for a Final Fantasy character in Smash, but Cloud was too popular and he felt like nobody would know who Terra (and Bartz) was.

But nobody knew who Captain Falcon, Lucas, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, Pit, ROB, and Roy were. Smash 64 introduced like half the cast to everyone. Why not "introduce" Terra to players?

Edit: Source: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/01/20/sakurai-x-nomura-creator-interview-2016-part-one/.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Apparently, Sakurai considered Terra (and Bartz) for a Final Fantasy character in Smash, but Cloud was too popular and he felt like nobody would know who Terra (and Bartz) was.

But nobody knew who Captain Falcon, Lucas, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, Pit, ROB, and Roy were. Smash 64 introduced like half the cast to everyone. Why not "introduce" Terra to players?

Edit: Source: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/01/20/sakurai-x-nomura-creator-interview-2016-part-one/.
Bartz would've been the best, no question.

But Cloud is soooo fun to play so I think this was for the best. He's also unarguably super popular and INCREDIBLY iconic, esp. vs. Terra or yeah, ESPECIALLY compared to Bartz.

Top Bottom