• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
But nobody knew who Captain Falcon, Lucas, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, Pit, ROB, and Roy were. Smash 64 introduced like half the cast to everyone. Why not "introduce" Terra to players?
Because those other characters were packaged into the game by default when they were first introduced in Smash. When making DLC it has to be something iconic that people will recognize and want to spend money on. Everyone recognizes Cloud even if they haven't played FF7 (I sure haven't), but anyone that hasn't played FF6 will be like "wtf is a Terra"

Cloud just sells better.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'll be honest, I would've probably preferred seeing Zidane be in Smash. But he wouldn't be as popular. Plus FF9 was my first Final Fantasy game.

But hey, at least Cloud is pretty fun to play, and a bad MU for Lucina. :troll:

Also, saw Episode 3 of Musaigen:
Damn, that episode was very shonen-like. I mean, holy crap; copying an attack from an old movie which looked like Hokuto no Ken. But it had its moments. It was alright. :V

And I saw Episode 41 of Gintama 2015. That Assassination Arc is STILL going, I thought it would've been done in six episodes, but nope. Eight episode arc, that's the largest arc I've ever seen. :V

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Oh yeah I forgot TP HD was a thing.

I'm probably not going to get it for a while, the whole amiibo thing is weird but considering there wasn't anything said by Nintendo themselves yet I would wait before getting all up in arms about it.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Here's a trailer for the amiibo in TP HD
So the exclusive dungeon is basically just the Cave of Ordeals but with Wolf Link. Not a BIG deal that it's locked behind amiibo, since your reward is just a bigger wallet. It sounds pretty challenging, considering you can't use healing items as Wolf Link.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I liked the part where the Zelda Amiibo instantly restores all of your health.

And it's no coincidence that Sheik's Amiibo was nowhere to be found..

Zelda's brokenness has even spread to TPHD. She must be stopped.

BAN•AMIIBO•ZELDA

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yea, no real new dungeons and amiibos do nothing significant! Now i have no regrets about not buying TP HD!

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I don't even get infracted for dodging the character limit? Pretty shoddy operation you got going on around here BJN. They run a much tighter ship over in the Rosalina Social where I was tortured for those 2 weeks.

Anyway, praise be to Luma.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't even get infracted for dodging the character limit? Pretty shoddy operation you got going on around here BJN. They run a much tighter ship over in the Rosalina Social where I was tortured for those 2 weeks.

Anyway, praise be to Luma
You have stockholm syndrome bro. Let me remedy that.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
You have stockholm syndrome bro. Let me remedy that.
Stockholm? no no no no no, Luma truly is the greatest sisters. Look into your hearts and you know it is true. Who else can die 50 times and only have 2 stocks? Who else can kill jiggs at 0% with a jab? Who else sisters? Who else?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Rizen Rizen ! Why? I clicked the show new posts thing and BOOM! FISH! ;_;

Also, I found a perfect representation of Falco aka ME whenever his "competitive viability" or whatnot is brought up: Totally irrelevant and awkward(ly butting in all the time)!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Stockholm? no no no no no, Luma truly is the greatest sisters. Look into your hearts and you know it is true. Who else can die 50 times and only have 2 stocks? Who else can kill jiggs at 0% with a jab? Who else sisters? Who else?
Satan.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Rizen Rizen ! Why? I clicked the show new posts thing and BOOM! FISH! ;_;

Also, I found a perfect representation of Falco aka ME whenever his "competitive viability" or whatnot is brought up: Totally irrelevant and awkward(ly butting in all the time)!
Luma is a better character than Falco.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Luma is the reason why people hate Smash 4. Rosalina is an unfun character with the biggest BS gimmick ever made and should be nerfed to oblivion for being annoying.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Luma is the reason why people hate Smash 4. Rosalina is an unfun character with the biggest BS gimmick ever made and should be nerfed to oblivion for being annoying.
Very original.

There is literally a whole Luma Bible that tells us how to deal with ones like you.

Rosalina and Luma mains are called to be the salt of the earth, cleansing all of the bad players from the face of the planet, amen.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Very original.

There is literally a whole Luma Bible that tells us how to deal with ones like you.

Rosalina and Luma mains are called to be the salt of the earth, cleansing all of the bad players from the face of the planet, amen.
Rosalina ruined this game moreso than Diddy ever could and that ****ing chimp made Brawl into a goddamn mess more than MK ever did

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Rosalina ruined this game moreso than Diddy ever could and that ****ing chimp made Brawl into a goddamn mess more than MK ever did
There are no games before Sm4sh. In the beginning there was Sm4sh and Luma said it was good.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Today I learned that Captain Falcon's Up Smash was always disjointed since Melee... Melee's was like this which I assume is probably the same for Brawl which the wiki as unreliable as it can be at times said there was a disjoint and then in Smash 4...

Seriously? Why does it have a disjoint like that? I can understand maybe a horizontal one to extend it a bit since it looks like it hits diagonally up, but the damn thing is like an inverted hitbox of his actual first hit. It makes a freaking "<" and reaches to the ground! Also, I think Smash 4 is the one that added the insane disjoints to Side Smash since this is what it looks like in Melee and probably Brawl? I don't remember it ever hitting that far in Brawl.

Captain Falcon should have kept or had his Up and Side Smashes reverted to their 64 selves which at least justifies the freaking range.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Today I learned that Captain Falcon's Up Smash was always disjointed since Melee... Melee's was like this which I assume is probably the same for Brawl which the wiki as unreliable as it can be at times said there was a disjoint and then in Smash 4...

Seriously? Why does it have a disjoint like that? I can understand maybe a horizontal one to extend it a bit since it looks like it hits diagonally up, but the damn thing is like an inverted hitbox of his actual first hit. It makes a freaking "<" and reaches to the ground! Also, I think Smash 4 is the one that added the insane disjoints to Side Smash since this is what it looks like in Melee and probably Brawl? I don't remember it ever hitting that far in Brawl.

Captain Falcon should have kept or had his Up and Side Smashes reverted to their 64 selves which at least justifies the freaking range.
I miss Falcon roundhouse kick.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Anyway, praise be to Luma.
looks like starfy

one of the biggest things people complain about brawl :falcon: is a lack of range, it wouldn't surprise me if that was one of the reasons they decided to buff the range/disjoints on some moves. Although :falcon64: Fsmash would be legit to get back
51b201c2c39cf3f4f0e32f957485ab37.jpg

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542

Lardma and Irrelevlina are just crappy fillers for the Ice Climbers this game. There is a reason Irrelevlina uses Lardma like a shield. Lardma is just a disposable piece of trash. You say that Lardma can die 50 times, but let's face reality shall we. Each Lardma that dies just gets replaced with another Lardma. That is because Irrelevlina believes their lives to be as insignificant as Lucina's mop hair when she summons them.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I miss Falcon roundhouse kick.
It's a turnaround back kick. *is a martial arts elitist* :p

What I miss the most is that he says, "YEEEEEAH!", during it which sounds way cooler than, "TOWAAH!"

looks like starfy

one of the biggest things people complain about brawl :falcon: is a lack of range, it wouldn't surprise me if that was one of the reasons they decided to buff the range/disjoints on some moves. Although :falcon64: Fsmash would be legit to get back
View attachment 93265
They overdid the increased range by a lot... Also, didn't people complain about other characters having a lack of range like I don't know, Fox, Mario, or Zelda? For Ganondorf, some of the disjoints make "sense" because he's much slower moving, but also because they're not as bad compared to Captain Falcon's Up Smash which looks like it hits up and not down and up like Ganondorf's. The other problem is that most of the attack trails are way off. Ganondorf does a high roundhouse, but the attack trail makes it look like he's just kicking up like a weird front kick.

Part of me is really buying Shaya's argument that many of Smash 4's characters are a rushed, copy and paste, tweaked mess. Captain Falcon has complaints of lack of range, so they give him a crapton of disjointed range on pretty much insignificant moves which now have range that almost makes them seem like they're Captain Falcon's 64 moves, but with Melee Captain Falcon's animations. Falco had complaints of being "unable to kill" which I blame the hit/momentum canceling in Brawl that pretty much made everyone's killing problems that much harder. What do they do? Give him an insanely and stupidly fast Bair. Meta Knight probably had complaints of having too much range - dear lord his Galaxia looked like a zweihander for him in Brawl. What do they do? Wreck a lot of his hitboxes to the point where he didn't have range. They patched some of them, but still.

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
It's a turnaround back kick. *is a martial arts elitist* :p

Part of me is really buying Shaya's argument that many of Smash 4's characters are a rushed, copy and paste, tweaked mess. Captain Falcon has complaints of lack of range, so they give him a crapton of disjointed range on pretty much insignificant moves which now have range that almost makes them seem like they're Captain Falcon's 64 moves, but with Melee Captain Falcon's animations. Falco had complaints of being "unable to kill" which I blame the hit/momentum canceling in Brawl that pretty much made everyone's killing problems that much harder. What do they do? Give him an insanely and stupidly fast Bair. Meta Knight probably had complaints of having too much range - dear lord his Galaxia looked like a zweihander for him in Brawl. What do they do? Wreck a lot of his hitboxes to the point where he didn't have range. They patched some of them, but still.
Yeah I wish they spent more money and time perfecting this game and bringing more originality to the characters.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

Lardma and Irrelevlina are just crappy fillers for the Ice Climbers this game. There is a reason Irrelevlina uses Lardma like a shield. Lardma is just a disposable piece of trash. You say that Lardma can die 50 times, but let's face reality shall we. Each Lardma that dies just gets replaced with another Lardma. That is because Irrelevlina believes their lives to be as insignificant as Lucina's mop hair when she summons them.
You don't know sass.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Aaaaaah I just beat Xenoblade Chronicles X and I love it so much omg.
Elma is the best aaaah :dr^_^:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
They overdid the increased range by a lot... Also, didn't people complain about other characters having a lack of range like I don't know, Fox, Mario, or Zelda?
couldn't tell you played only a few hours of brawl, what I here from my friends jiggs apparently didn't even have rest in brawl cause the hit box was too small.
Only true Luma mains know the true truth.
starfy.png

now everyone knows the truth
Aaaaaah I just beat Xenoblade Chronicles X and I love it so much omg.
Elma is the best aaaah :dr^_^:
I have to say as much as I enjoy the in depth battle mechanics and the wide variety of colorful characters. The game's story is complete and utter garbage that focuses on the most boring and annoying parts of the cast

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
well luma is the reason why rosalinda is even allowed to be good

Top Bottom