• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I don't know about you guys, but I've been doing absolutely non-true "combos" and "tech-chases" with Farore's.

U-throw once to make sure they'll jump. U-throw a second time -> Up B. They're dead. Same with Usmash. Really easy to space both since you're on the ground. It's best when they go off screen a little. It can be done with the likes of ftilt and nair as well, depending on the percent. I call these "non-true" because you can just air dodge, but unless you face people all the time with Zelda, nobody's going to air dodge.

Also, I hope people tech chase more often on the ground with it. People generally tech on reflex, so if you just time it for that and predict, it can be pretty solid. If they don't tech, there's enough lag on them that you can get away safely when they do get up.

I've also teleported off stage to finish games with the hit, because who does that?

I know I usually post trollsy nonsense, and I realize this is the very definition of trollsy nonsense, but Zelda is such an infrequent character that stupid things like that will actually get people. I don't know of any other Zelda players in my state, and I only enter like one tournament a month with no practice in between, so I know nobody expects it. It gets me so many easy kills it's ridiculous.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

I saw a tweet by ZeRo on KYM. Talking about adapting against a bad MU.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Not gonna lie. I actually agree with this, I'll need to adapt more to certain MUs I struggle against. :V

Oh, btw girls. The Zelda Social also has its own page on the Smash Bros Wikia. Not SSBWiki, SmashBrosWikia.

Last edited:

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Being able to beat a character doesn't mean the character cannot be complained about.

See: pre-nerf Luigi.

However, after a certain point, it's the player that really makes it happen. The last tourney I went to last week, I beat three flavor-of-the-patch Bowsers in a row, and then the 4th one two-stocked me game one, so I had to re-adapt entirely. Learning the player is far more important after a certain point - that point being after you learn the character.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Being able to beat a character doesn't mean the character cannot be complained about.

See: pre-nerf Luigi.

However, after a certain point, it's the player that really makes it happen. The last tourney I went to last week, I beat three flavor-of-the-patch Bowsers in a row, and then the 4th one two-stocked me game one, so I had to re-adapt entirely. Learning the player is far more important after a certain point - that point being after you learn the character.
Definitely. I'm still trying to figure the ins and outs of Lucina, I only just learned yesterday that I can do a sliding Jab with Lucina by doing Walk into Jab. But once I've learned everything about my main, I'll probably find a local tournament and maybe have my debut there. IF they allow Pro Controllers.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Thank you everyone for the support! I had a great time at genesis and glad I showed some stuff with Zelda. I am here to announce things though. I'm not maining Zelda anymore but not completely dropping her. I'm picking up cloud as I see Zelda does have some MU's that are just highly impossible in certain situations. I will be maining cloud and secondaring Zelda or vice versa.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I only just noticed this a few days ago. But I'm no longer Pranked. o.o

mfw I'm no longer pranked.

This freedom won't last long. :yeahboi:

Thank you everyone for the support! I had a great time at genesis and glad I showed some stuff with Zelda. I am here to announce things though. I'm not maining Zelda anymore but not completely dropping her. I'm picking up cloud as I see Zelda does have some MU's that are just highly impossible in certain situations. I will be maining cloud and secondaring Zelda or vice versa.
Never hurts to have an alternate character to use in your bad MUs. I'm still gonna wait for Corrin to be released before I do anything with secondaries. But I'm still gonna stay dedicated to Lucina.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I don't know about you guys, but I've been doing absolutely non-true tech chases with Farore's.

U-throw once to make sure they'll jump. U-throw a second time -> Up B. They're dead. Same with Usmash. Really easy to space both since you're on the ground. It's best when they go off screen a little. It can be done with the likes of ftilt and nair as well, depending on the percent. I call these "non-true" because you can just air dodge, but unless you face people all the time with Zelda, nobody's going to air dodge.
I don't think you understand what a techchase is...
This is what we've been saying why she's godawful LMAO

Rizen

Smash Legend
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

I saw a tweet by ZeRo on KYM. Talking about adapting against a bad MU.

Not gonna lie. I actually agree with this, I'll need to adapt more to certain MUs I struggle against. :V
Lol, he's referring to the competitive impressions thread.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
I don't think you understand what a techchase is...
I know what a tech chase is. That should've been written as non-true "combos" and "tech-chases."

The rest of the post clearly shows I know what tech-chasing is.

EDIT: That sounded oddly defensive. My bad!

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I know what a tech chase is. That should've been written as non-true "combos" and "tech-chases."

The rest of the post clearly shows I know what tech-chasing is.

EDIT: That sounded oddly defensive. My bad!
Well

Zelda is a defensive character =P

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
You'll come back, they always do

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Nobody tell Zero :secretkpop:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
VEN FINALLY SAW THE LIGHT TO FREEDOM I'M SO PROUD OF YOU GORL

Maybe I'll join you in February~ ;)

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Why not join me in the mean time & be a Tr4shy Hobo ;]
IDK if I want to live the single life in Sm4sh or continue my vows with Zelda and her Din's Failure. It sucks having such a vow, but being single sounds like a rough life. :^(

If there's one thing good about her, it's that at least she's far more presentable than Rosalinda or Zero Skill Spamus in public. I don't want to attract horny teenagers thx.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Maybe I'll join you in February~ ;)
I'll be joining you and Ven in February too. :yeahboi:

Also, I'm thinking of whether to watch Plastic Memories or more JoJo. I dunno which though.

Do I watch the main female protagonist turn into Little Mac SDing off of a building, or manly men doing manly things? :secretkpop:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
ya'll are nasty eW
This a social about guys being gurls and everyone being more sassy than a Black Hair Salon (I've been to one as a child, this place exceeded the level above all else)

And you're surprised they're nasty.

I'm just here because I find the place hilarious and fun and I play Zelda just for ****s and giggles

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
This a social about guys being gurls and everyone being more sassy than a Black Hair Salon (I've been to one as a child, this place exceeded the level above all else)

And you're surprised they're nasty.

I'm just here because I find the place hilarious and fun and I play Zelda just for ****s and giggles
the only remnants of "sass" left here are just meager attempts at trying to be sassy and failing miserably.

if this is really what sassy is to you, i think you need to visit another of those "black hair salons."

early to mid 2015 was sassy
now this place is just lol

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Don't misunderstand everyone lol. I'm still using Zelda, just picking up cloud to cover some of my bad match ups. I'm still very optimistic about her and think she is viable. To my defense, I drowned in Round 2 (and it sounds like johns) but for the reason that I didn't really play the months prior ish. I did play every now and then but, due to Genesis 3 rules, my Wii mote was banned. So, I solidly played with a Gamecube for about 2 months or so. It wasn't until December 10th (around my birthday) that it was announced that they WERE allowed and I had to re adjust to my wiimote since my gamecube controller wasn't cutting it. Another complain I might have is that I don't really play much metaknights and that's why I drowned in pools. I had no idea how to fight metaknights or what works with them. Mostly my fault but it's due to the fact that we have absolutely no Metaknights here in vegas.

Also, I hella fangirled cause Rain wanted a picture with me after the match (will upload later) I also made the japanese notice me since they invited me and a group of friends to go to their hotel and play friendlies with them. Nientono really liked my Zelda and game me compliments and even some advice. He said I'm doing everything right I just have certain habits to fix. I also managed to beat Shimitake, J, and even Nietono in a serious best of 5 friendly lol. If anything I did make them turn their eye to Zelda, which was one of my goals. I also had ESAM start the chant for me on stream (idk if you guys heard) and also tweeted about me about taking a game off rain. I was also a part of the crew battle for Southwest where ESAM was also cheering me on. Overall, although I might of drowned in pools, I felt like I did a lot of work at Genesis 3 and really got Zelda's name out there.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Also, I hella fangirled cause Rain wanted a picture with me after the match (will upload later) I also made the japanese notice me since they invited me and a group of friends to go to their hotel and play friendlies with them. Nientono really liked my Zelda and game me compliments and even some advice. He said I'm doing everything right I just have certain habits to fix. I also managed to beat Shimitake, J, and even Nietono in a serious best of 5 friendly lol. If anything I did make them turn their eye to Zelda, which was one of my goals. I also had ESAM start the chant for me on stream (idk if you guys heard) and also tweeted about me about taking a game off rain. I was also a part of the crew battle for Southwest where ESAM was also cheering me on. Overall, although I might of drowned in pools, I felt like I did a lot of work at Genesis 3 and really got Zelda's name out there.
Wow. That is a huge achievement in my opinion. Having all these Top Professionals come and give you great advice and cheer you on is really something.

Good on you ESAM too. :yeahboi:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
the only remnants of "sass" left here are just meager attempts at trying to be sassy and failing miserably.

if this is really what sassy is to you, i think you need to visit another of those "black hair salons."

early to mid 2015 was sassy
now this place is just lol
Well...Sass in the sense of guys acting like Black girls at one point

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I remember talking about this jab lock set-up a few weeks ago

Some random gorl decided to do this on For Glory ayyy

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
I remember talking about this jab lock set-up a few weeks ago

Some random gorl decided to do this on For Glory ayyy
I had no idea you could control Luma during shield break. That is fantastic.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I had no idea you could control Luma during shield break. That is fantastic.
>Wants to show some amazing Zelda play
>Talks about old Rosalinda stupidness instead

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Maybe one day, I'll get to the reddit page, and post a clip there.

Or be lazy and attempt to submit to EMG again. :V

Btw, SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 . You plan on getting Hoshido or Nohr when Fates comes out? :V
I'm probably gonna go Hoshido, or maybe wait for the Neutral Route to come out. And marry Shara.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Maybe one day, I'll get to the reddit page, and post a clip there.

Or be lazy and attempt to submit to EMG again. :V

Btw, SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 . You plan on getting Hoshido or Nohr when Fates comes out? :V
I'm probably gonna go Hoshido, or maybe wait for the Neutral Route to come out. And marry Shara.
Idk if I would get the game but if I do I would get Nohr.

The only problem about the game is that female Corrin is the best waifu in the game but you can't marry her smh

Top Bottom