• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Really Ftilt? To me it's Nair.
His sheer speed won't allow Robin to charge her Thunders, so Nair clanks with Robin's uncharged versions.
Fullhop Nair will go above Robin's Jab and Ftilt, and while it can be contested with Nair, Utilt, or even Fsmash on a read, he can land at pretty much any moment with virtually no lag and punish for not guessing right.
Last time the guy literally just spammed Empty Jumps and Nairs, and was able to bait everything from me. Ugh.

Meybe I just need to play the matchup more.
:196:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Nair is bad, but Ftilt ends so fast. It has a FAF of 24, and lasts frame 6-8. He kept doing pivot Ftilts and they either missed and he went immediately to Utilt, or he caught me and managed to combo into something else. I could never punish them though because he was never where I expected. I also learned that hitting someone with a pivot Ftilt at the right time can combo into a Usmash kill. In the worst way possible. At least I still won most of my fights, but dang.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

I've heard what happened. And I'm disappointed that ZeRo won Genesis 3. :c
Was hoping for someone like Ranai or Nairo to win it, but from hearing what @Dabuz did to Nairo, he went all out. Shame that Dabuz didn't win it.

Also, I decided to look up a random combo/montage video of Lucina. And I came across a really good one, might use some of the tech in said video and put it into my playstyle.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Dabuz played the most beautiful RosaLuma I have ever seen. He's come so far from standing around and sending Luma out, he was moving, approaching, flowing with the character and it was insane how much control he had over her.

He literally went from crowd heel to crowd face IMMEDIATELY (I've always respected his play but I noticed this) because I think they all realized he had unlocked the character's potential fully. 3! 2! 1! Luma!

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Would anyone be down for some matches today?

And I might post that one gif that SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 made onto Steam Artwork, if that's alright with him.
That one gif isn't too specific because I made too many dank gifs in my entire life

But go ahead~

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Today, I finally pinned down what annoys me about Fox. It's the Ftilt. Why did no one tell me it was so broken? I mean holy crap this move is bonkers. I bet you guys already knew but kept it in the dark or something.
Yeah, Fox's Ftilt is probably the best spacing-type of Ftilt purely because compared to other spacing Ftilts, it has insane recovery. Fox takes only 16 frames to recover from using it. For reference, that's as fast as his jab 1's recovery. He doesn't have Captain Falcon, Falco, or Samus's range, but it's the safety that matters. Oh, and he does step forward just a bit during Ftilt. What's more is that he has good knockback on it: 10 base and 110 growth. So, even if it does 6% un-angles, it's fast enough and going to cause enough hit stun for him to hit again and again or just run. Falco's Ftilt is basically the same thing except they decided he needs to take 20, 4 more frames, to recover and have no base knockback at all while having 100 growth. Falco's was basically unchanged from Melee's except it hits on 6-8 instead of 5-9. Brawl decided Fox should have lower recovery on Ftilt and a frame 3 Utilt instead of a frame 5 one Melee did... It's good, but at low percents, Falco's Ftilt is safer on-shield than on-hit. It's even worse for characters like Dr. Mario, Luigi, and Mario whose Ftilts are just there. It takes Mario 25 frames to recover from just kicking you so you'll back off. It doing 7% with 8 base and 100 growth doesn't help either. And then there's Samus's Ftilt... Let's just say if you don't space it out right, you're going to do a really pathetic hit from a woman wearing power armor...

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
I wish with all my heart that during the next Smash game they actually attempt to balance Zelda correctly.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Thanks. :yeahboi:

It was the Little Mac Recovery gif that I was asking about. I've credited you for making it though.
The one with him jumping out and Doc Louis and Samus watching?

Then there's a problem

I didn't make that

Nammy12 Nammy12 did

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
The one with him jumping out and Doc Louis and Samus watching?

Then there's a problem

I didn't make that

Nammy12 Nammy12 did
Damn. I'll play it safe for now and remove the gif from Steam Artwork. :V
Should ask him next time. But seems like he's been pretty inactive recently. Guess he's got school and LoL going down right now.

Sometimes I wonder why I even play Lucina.
Because she's fun? :3

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I wonder if that's true. I have the problem with her that I do with Marth. That really, really bad short hop. The only thing I really like about her is that she has a sword.
Well, you can do SH Air Dodge, and you have enough time to do any of his/her aerials, Specials or just SH Air Dodge, FF into a Grab. So at least their SH allows them to do mixups like that.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Well, you can do SH Air Dodge, and you have enough time to do any of his/her aerials, Specials or just SH Air Dodge, FF into a Grab. So at least their SH allows them to do mixups like that.
Haven't played Smash in a while, but wouldn't air dodging a SH into fast fall lead to the dreaded universal 22 frames of land lag from all air dodges?

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
The problem for me is that huge float after a short hop. I think it's her low gravity? It takes longer to fast fall after a short hop compared to many other characters, it's annoying.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Haven't played Smash in a while, but wouldn't air dodging a SH into fast fall lead to the dreaded universal 22 frames of land lag from all air dodges?
Just tested. There's a very small window where they can Fast Fall after an Air Dodge, but it's not really worth it.
But Lucina/Marth have plenty of time to act with many options after a SH Air Dodge.

The problem for me is that huge float after a short hop. I think it's her low gravity? It takes longer to fast fall after a short hop compared to many other characters, it's annoying.
I'm use to that myself, guess it's because I'm mained her since the 3DS days of Smash. But I'm not entirely bothered by her floaty SH.

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I'm use to that myself, guess it's because I'm mained her since the 3DS days of Smash. But I'm not entirely bothered by her floaty SH.
I'm just used to more aggressive jump styles. It's why Roy is my favorite character to use.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm just gonna go and fight some Lv. 9 CPUs right now. :V

So I can see how bad I'm playing right now.
Isn't it better to play lv. 8's since they don't cheat and perform frame perfect dodges like the lv. 9:s?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's the reason?
Because Sheik exists. :V

Welp. Lv. 9 Bowser seems to have an exploit. He will always go for a FF BAir if you wait a bit after doing Lucina's UTilt. That is definitely something not to use against a human player. They'd obviously either jump away, use a move with higher priority or counter. :V

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'm gonna stop practicing against CPUs now. They seem to be bringing back some bad habits of mine. Like spamming Smash Attacks. :V

And I feel like they might give me a habit of spamming UTilt next. Only ones that gave me trouble were Mario & Luigi so far.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I'm gonna stop practicing against CPUs now. They seem to be bringing back some bad habits of mine. Like spamming Smash Attacks. :V

And I feel like they might give me a habit of spamming UTilt next. Only ones that gave me trouble were Mario & Luigi so far.
Why do that to yourself?

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Oh okay another tournament story I guess.

Me: Okay, I'll ban FD and Smashville
Opponent: I'll choose... Omega Mario Galaxy.
Me:
-_-.gif

I've played you in a tournament before and won, do you really need to rely on thinking I'm dumb to win
Opponent: But you just said FD, you didn't say anything about omegas!

Why do I always get stuck with the dumb people at tournaments. May I remind everyone of that one Avian Flu player?
And I somehow manage to hate Captain Falcon more than I already do. At least the people that play him.
STORY TIME!

Guy who plays Falcon beat me at a tournament today because of lol my fsmash hits behind me better than Wii Fit Trainer's. Then Halberd jank happened and he said "GGS! :D after every. single. game. Even if it was clearly not even a good game. Then after that some random group in a corner not even watching the games started talking about Falcon, so the guy rushed over there, with his dumb smile, and went "DID I INSPIRE YOU TO PLAY FALCON??? I DO HAVE THAT AFFECT ON PEIOLE. :3" Nobody over there knew what he was even taking about, but he was trying to make the guy say yes. I know not every Falcon player is like this, but every single one I meet acts snobish like this.
And how could I forget him taunting after every kill as well???

Well he's going to Grand Finals. Hope he loses.

HE'S BEGGING FOR A REDO IN GRAND FINALS.

Can he just get disqualified already?????

Oh look he won who cares.
fml

Top Bottom