• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Zolda

Smash Cadet
NNID
carcanet
when you're singing julie andrews in your room alone

Congrats @|ven| !!!

For the curious, Ven is now is Bracket H43, where Top 4 move on to Top 32. So far, his competition includes C.R.Z., GimR, K9sbruce, Hyuga, Player-1, Oki, Rain, Shimitake, Not Last, Rain, and *gulp* Nairo. There's still 12 others that will eventually join the pool from D47, E46, E47, and F46.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So I'm now I'm convinced Villager is an imortal eldritch abomination because of Ranai.
glad I main her :4villager:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
its more of a reaction image besides smashboards is too lame to let me use my villager as an emote
btw in new leaf it's entirely possible for a girl character to wear boy clothes/hair

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Everything offstage Link does he should be able to recover from. I just can't time anything right :(

Edit, lol lag's getting to you too. these SDs.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Everything offstage Link does he should be able to recover from. I just can't time anything right :(

Edit, lol lag's getting to you too. these SDs.
I feel ya. Especially when I forget I've used my second jump/used it accidentally.

Link's DAir has one of the dumbest disjoints in the game. Luigi Cyclone is also on that list.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I feel ya. Especially when I forget I've used my second jump/used it accidentally.

Link's DAir has one of the dumbest disjoints in the game. Luigi Cyclone is also on that list.
GGs :) The lag was really bad at the end but the earlier games were great. I think I can space Vill and G&W better now.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
That was... kind of amusing tbh. Bomb death. From trying to recover high.

GGs! I think I need to work on my characters' ground games. I still can't believe how bad Villager's grab is sometimes lol. I can see how Link has some weaknesses but if you want a character with big, powerful hitboxes as well as projectiles, he's your guy.

EDIT: I didn't notice the lag get a whole lot worse but I could be wrong. I've definitely played in worse lag.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Done my rounds this morning, and I've finally decided to read Citrus, since @Ffamran suggested it. :yeahboi:

Also, I found this glorious image of Ryu. Specially for @TTTTTsd.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I'd probably like him better after more missions. It bugs me that he would leave that blade guy to die in the 1st mission with HB.
Later affinity missions touch on that subject and he learns to be not-so-cold, kinda. However, after chapter 4 you find out why it's not TOO bad that he did that. People don't die, according to what's known, they just lose their mims. It was a very logical, yet kinda-maybe cold decision.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Why does pool H43 have so many people I'm rooting for in it? ;_;

Ven, Shofu and Shimitake in Losers, The Wall facing Nairo, 6WX and Hyuga also in Winners...My heart is going to be tugged everywhere watching that pool.

Random question: Does anyone feel more comfortable playing Smash or games in general when looking down at a screen rather than looking at the TV? I ask because I tend to play Smash and Mario Kart best and feel most comfortable when looking at my DS/3DS or GamePad. Any other primarily handheld gamers experience this?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The roster for Pokken Tournament is surprisingly good.

Of course Gardevoir will be the main bae, but I'll probably be playing a lot of Chandelure (!!!) and Suicune. Braixen is probably the oddest choice on the roster, but the whole distance-based thing might be interesting.

Regardless, I'm quite excited for the game.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
The roster for Pokken Tournament is surprisingly good.

Of course Gardevoir will be the main bae, but I'll probably be playing a lot of Chandelure (!!!) and Suicune. Braixen is probably the oddest choice on the roster, but the whole distance-based thing might be interesting.

Regardless, I'm quite excited for the game.
Now were missing that one Pokemon that seems like it was made for a fighting game. Yes, I am referring to that one Pro Wrestler that we need to appear in Pokken...

Crasher Wake. :secretkpop:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I kinda lost my hype for Pokken when i found out local play isn't a thing without the icky Gamepad & at a icky 30fps frame rate. LAN adapter will have to do I guess =/

Chandelure being added is interesting tho. ****ing love Chandelure. Just needs Drapion, Klingklank or Galvantura & I'll be excited again

Rizen

Smash Legend
EDIT: I didn't notice the lag get a whole lot worse but I could be wrong. I've definitely played in worse lag.
We were both SDing/smashing a lot at the end :/ For the most part our connection was pretty good though :)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The Gamepad thing is awful and idk why they thought that'd be a good idea.

The 30 fps local play is just lol. Tr4sh's local player is in 60 fps so idk why Pokken's isn't. I guess Pokken is more intensive?

Yeah, the game has flaws but it still looks fun. It's not like I'm going to be playing it competitively or anything.
I'd love play with some of you gorls when it's released.

As for characters I want at this point, Mawile would be amazing but I can't see her getting in. I'd like to see more Poison or Fairy representation, but that's really not all that important. The developers already have chosen a pretty good cast, and I'm sure there's another fighter or two that's still unrevealed.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
As for characters I want at this point, Mawile would be amazing but I can't see her getting in.
Mawile would be glorious.

But yea her chances of making it are probably irrelevantly low.

She does have a mega form going for her, even if I hate her mega for ruining non-mega Mawile's chances at relevancy forever.

MAWILE•4•POKKEN

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Mawile would be glorious.

But yea her chances of making it are probably irrelevantly low.

She does have a mega form going for her, even if I hate her mega for ruining non-mega Mawile's chances at relevancy forever.

MAWILE•4•POKKEN
Mawile is like my second favorite Pokemon ever.

But yeah, giving her a mega was a cheap way to make her more viable, so now she can never get an actual evolution that fixes her flaws.

Her mega's design isn't even all that great, either. It's decent, but really all they did was give her another mouth thing on the back of her head and some ribbons and called it a day.

I fear that just giving bad Pokemon a mega instead of a true evolution will become the new trend. Pokemon like Farfetch'd, Chimecho, Luvdisc, etc. will probably get megas.

I would've liked Togekiss to be playable, but it's already confirmed to be a support Pokemon so that's not happening anytime soon. I don't know who else I'd like in. Masquerain would be really cool, but she's super irrelevant so she'd never make it in. However, I really like Volcarona and she's decently relevant, so she could have a chance (however minuscule it is).

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I mean, Mawile may have a higher chance if she was implemented as support.

But I would actually buy pokken if Mawile was a fighter.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
The 30 fps local play is just lol. Tr4sh's local player is in 60 fps so idk why Pokken's isn't. I guess Pokken is more intensive?
Well Pokkén plays in a 3D environment and while if you play with the Gamepad in Smash it just reflects what's on the TV while in Pokkén it has a change in perspective to be focused on the character being played with the gamepad. That's probably why it has to lower the framerate when played locally.

Still, they should've just not used the Gamepad at all or at least not make it a necessity lol.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Guys, it was announced yesterday that Pokken will have 60 fps play with LAN on Wii U. We good.
Now were missing that one Pokemon that seems like it was made for a fighting game. Yes, I am referring to that one Pro Wrestler that we need to appear in Pokken...

Crasher Wake. :secretkpop:
Yes!! Crasher Wake needs to at least make a cameo in Pokken.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
When it comes to Pokken's roster, I was golden the moment it got revealed.

:068: all the way baby.

Than :4charizard:&:4mewtwo:, and Chandelure got revealed which is pure icing on the cake.

Even other cool pokes like :094:,:245:and Garchomp are nice additions.

Also that frame drop is just lol.

In other (very late) news that I doubt anyone here but I cares about, there's a couple Star Fox: Zero graphic comparison videos showing the difference between the E3 build and the footage from November's Nintendo Direct.

Click on :foxmelee: to check it out. The main difference is the lighting has gotten a noticeable upgrade among small things like adding the Star Fox logo to stuff and making the hit counter to have a Star Fox 64 like font instead of a generic font.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
In other (very late) news that I doubt anyone here but I cares about, there's a couple Star Fox: Zero graphic comparison videos showing the difference between the E3 build and the footage from November's Nintendo Direct.

Click on :foxmelee: to check it out. The main difference is the lighting has gotten a noticeable upgrade among small things like adding the Star Fox logo to stuff and making the hit counter to have a Star Fox 64 like font instead of a generic font.
The other major difference you missed out on is that Fox cannot do Shine combos or Waveshine in StarFox Zero. :secretkpop:

Edit: By the way girls. Since Nintendo has announced that they plan on making some anime with Nintendo characters. Which franchises would you all like to see get an anime adaptation? o.o

Mine have to be Kid Icarus: Uprising while being animated by SHAFT. Or a Xenoblade anime, which would be pretty awesome in my opinion. Dunno who I think should animate Xenoblade if it ever did get an anime. Either Madhouse or BONES?

Guys, it was announced yesterday that Pokken will have 60 fps play with LAN on Wii U. We good.

Yes!! Crasher Wake needs to at least make a cameo in Pokken.
Just make him playable Namco Bandai. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Edit: By the way girls. Since Nintendo has announced that they plan on making some anime with Nintendo characters. Which franchises would you all like to see get an anime adaptation? o.o
*has war flashbacks to the LoZ, Mario, DK shows and Other M* *Shudders*, no series I like :crazy:

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've only ever been in one tournament before. And it was a TF2 Tournament that me and my friends took part in.

It was for a hat called the Lo-Fi Longwave, would could only be obtained from entering a Podcast Contest that Valve sponsored. Me and my friends got to Quarter-Finals, where we got 5-0'd by a very professional team. ;~;

So trying to enter a Smash Tournament is probably going to end badly for me, because I still have a few bad habits.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I've only ever been in one tournament before. And it was a TF2 Tournament that me and my friends took part in.

It was for a hat called the Lo-Fi Longwave, would could only be obtained from entering a Podcast Contest that Valve sponsored. Me and my friends got to Quarter-Finals, where we got 5-0'd by a very professional team. ;~;

So trying to enter a Smash Tournament is probably going to end badly for me, because I still have a few bad habits.

Stop being a ***** & go to a Smash tourney hoe. If you're serious on wanting to get better you have nothing to lose.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
To be honest I'm not at my best today and I didn't even get any practice before playing. Plus I wasn't really all that interested in taking part but eh.

No johns, nothing was forcing to still take part in it and I did anyway so if I end up sucking it's all my fault =V

Top Bottom