• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
LOL I pulled off a Ferrari's Wind today. So hilarious. I mean, Zelda with her running speed looks so not threatening. And then BAM!

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Lol beating Rosa
Lol even with Falcon, Fox, Ness, Yoshi, Bowser Jr.
Lol MM 45:55

Still absolutely pointless discussion though LMAO

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Lol beating Rosa
Lol even with Falcon, Fox, Ness, Yoshi, Bowser Jr.
Lol MM 45:55

Still absolutely pointless discussion though LMAO
Speaking of MUs. I actually think Cloud vs. Lucina is either 60:40 or 65:35.

Since he can zone her out, has fast moves that beat out a lot of her stuff. Plus superior range. :V

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
uh

well that sucks

that's all i'm gonna say. if i talk more, i might get crucified here for being a ****
Assuming he's telling the truth I don't see why you'd be mad at him for quitting (though I don't think that's your point). The fact is that competitive smash has to come after general life demands and honestly, it's way too much money to go to these tournaments that over 99% of competitors are just going to lose money from, mainly from travel and lodging (though I guess that's what sponsorships are for, to help with money). If he feels he can no longer manage as a professional Smash player then I fully respect and understand his choice.

Still upset with him for dropping Game & Watch in Brawl though :mad:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Why do you think Zelda beats Rosa? Also why does she go even with Falcon?
rozerlindar iz tall so u cen EEZUHLY lk her. Thet mecks it in Zorldan's favor.

cap falcone hides behynd an air of FAYKE mesculinity sew he loses 2 zandor's sassT

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I finally have a signature. It only took me as long as it took Lavani to give themselves a premium member title finally! At long last, the loose ends are tied? (I play a lot more characters on rotation but the three in my sig basically represent my most confident picks period.)

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
sigs r overrated

premium just floods your recent activity feed with DR's ****posting

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
I love all the crazy things you can pull off in doubles. Here's one with a friend of mine, we made Din's Fire work for once.

And then there was this funny thing with the phantom in FFA

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Nothing will beat @Rickster and I doing the greatest dubz combo known to man. Zelda Up+B 2nd hit into Samus Up+B for the kill.

DOUBLES IS AMAZING AND REALLY FUN but I'm kinda bad at it. Not as bad as I expected to be doe.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Why do you think Zelda beats Rosa? Also why does she go even with Falcon?
In the neutral game, getting rid of Luma is a big part of the match-up. Zelda doesn't need to approach in the beginning due to Rosalina not having any projectile. Although Din's Fire is very telegraphed, it's still a projectile, something Rosalina lacks. Something Zelda is very capable of due to her Dash Attack, Forward Smash, and Neutral Aerial. Din's Fire may look like a good way to remove Luma at first, but Din's Fire is too telegraphed and easy to dodge to be reliable. Most of the time, Luma will be gone which will limit Rosalina greatly. Rosalina can pressure us better than we can pressure her with Neutral Aerial, but we still can pressure her shield with safe Jabs and Down Tilts. We must watch carefully and catch all of her badly spaced Neutral Aerials. Due to her large hurtbox, we can easily land a Lightning Kick. When Luma is around, which is rarely, she can create a brick wall of Jabs. We can easily break through with a well timed Dash Attack. Rosalina's main game is zoning which is very diminished without Luma. What Zelda will want to do in this match-up is get rid of Luma, then get in. Rosalina can get a lot off of grabs, which can because a problem if we shield a lot. Fortunately for us, Nayru's Love will beat out grabs, but we can not use it recklessly. If we do, she could easily bait it and punish. Once we get to a certain percent, Rosalina can't get a throw combo anymore. We can jump out with no risk. Her Jab is fast, sets up for a Up Aerial String, and can kill. It will stop all reckless approaches from us. In the air, it might be very troublesome to land due to Rosalina's very disjointed anti-airs. Luckily, Zelda has good airspeed, so if the Zelda is smart, they can land. Most of the time, Zelda will want to go offstage to the ledge instead of directly landing on the stage. Both of each other's Dash Attacks can cover each other's landings. At higher percents, a whiffed grab from Rosalina can result in a Farore's Wind Up punish or a Lightning Kick. In the neutral, Rosalina will have to be very cautious and not make reckless decisions. If she is, then she will get punished hard. Zelda absolutely does better than Rosalina offstage. Down Tilt interrupts Lunar Launch at the ledge. It will not let her ledge snap. Her Recovery is also very susceptible to our Down Aerial. Our Down Aerial is easy to land and is very long lasting. Sometimes we can also Teleport Cancel and surprise her with an aerial. It is hard to predict and react. Rosalina should mix up her recovery angles and sometimes overshoot the ledge. If she predictable aims her recovery the same everytime, a Din's Fire can be projected to intercept. Rosalina can also edgeguard Zelda in some ways as well. She can catch Zelda at the one frame opening ledge snap with Down Aerial. She could also set Luma at the ledge to Rapid Jab. Fortunately, Zelda has some recovery tricks of her own which can easily avoid all of her edgeguarding. Zelda can overshoot the ledge to avoid. Recovering from above also shifts her ledgesnap hurtbox to a totally different area. A phantom will get rid of Luma at the ledge. Zelda cannot be predictable recovery because Rosalina can easily read and punish us. We don't struggle to get a kill either. In the "Playing Zelda" page, I went over her kill set-ups. Rosalina is no different, our kill set-ups work on her just like it does on every character. A badly timed Dash Attack or a whiffed Grab from Rosalina gives us a chance to land Farore's Wind Up or a Up Smash. Like I said earlier, Rosalina's large hurtbox makes her an easy target for Back Aerial or Forward Aerials which are great Out-Of-Shield Options. Forward Smash is also used frequently as a spacing tool depending on playstyle, so it is really possible to get a Forward Smash kill. It should be noted that Farore's Wind Up can kill Rosalina at the lowest percents with Rage. Rosalina's mostly likely used kill moves in this match-up will be Up Smash and Up Aerial. Up Smash is strong and has high priority; It will catch our landings. Up Aerial can kill us at ridiculous percents depending on where we are. Overall, we have the advantage in getting K.Os. Stage preference is very dependent on play style, but generally, Zelda wants a lower ceiling stage like Duck Hunt. In conclusion, Zelda can stand her ground in neutral and can deal with Rosalina. This match up is most likely even and possibly in Zelda's favor.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Vinnie quit because he got his sheild broken by a Wii Fit Trainer in GRAND FINALS GAME 5 so he got salty and vowed to never play this game again.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I hope he went to go master Brawl.

Also this is the first time ever that I've seen Miiverse used in a tournament.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i am here to pop in this thread to say a thing

:4dedede: is a more beautiful gorl than :4zelda:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I won't go into text wall mode, but I will say that your MU description is based off the Rosalina not knowing anything about Zelda. You focus on Rosa without Luma, but a good Rosalina will easily be able to zone Zelda out with Luma and keep Luma alive. Also Rosalina does have a projectile and a larger zone than Zelda. I will agree that Zelda can stuff her recovery however.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I won't go into text wall mode, but I will say that your MU description is based off the Rosalina not knowing anything about Zelda. You focus on Rosa without Luma, but a good Rosalina will easily be able to zone Zelda out with Luma and keep Luma alive. Also Rosalina does have a projectile and a larger zone than Zelda. I will agree that Zelda can stuff her recovery however.
Yes, but the thing is we can just unsafely dash attack to get rid of luma and just take a small punish. Also I tested, and oddly Zelda's dash attack trades with luma very well and usually the trades are in my favor. Rosalina's only projectile is luma shot, star bits is a disjoint actually.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Yes, but the thing is we can just unsafely dash attack
If Luma is near a ledge

If Luma is open

If we aren't being walled

If Luma is ground level

If Rosalina isn't jumping or pressing A

If Luma isn't using an attack with longer range/disjoint than Zelda's dash attack because they exist

You literally saying we should lead in with dash attack

Rosalina free shield grab

Oh, Luma didn't die

Rosalina anythrow into free juggle or potential KO

Oh, Luma did die

Rosalinda tosses you away and you pray you can catch up to her, not have her shield, and tack on 20% before Luma returns and accidentally up airs you into a juggle. Because for some reason Rosalina needs double the run and air speed of Zelda, with a shield grab, and a 20 mile long Dsmash, and invincible head on basically all upward attacks

Zelda is decent at removing Luma, but "just unsafely dash attack in" literally has unsafe in it.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
If Luma is near a ledge

If Luma is open

If we aren't being walled

If Luma is ground level

If Rosalina isn't jumping or pressing A

If Luma isn't using an attack with longer range/disjoint than Zelda's dash attack because they exist
Yes, but I'm pretty sure it trades with Luma everytime. I feel like a 4% trade for seperating Luma or possibly killing it is a trade I'm willing to get
You literally saying we should lead in with dash attack

Rosalina free shield grab
I should've meant at lower percents. Around 20-50%, if Luma is not around, she doesn't get much off of a grab. The most she gets is a little more space.
Oh, Luma didn't die

Rosalina anythrow into free juggle or potential KO
Well yes at higher percents. At lower percents we can mash out before luma comes back if it didn't die.
Oh, Luma did die

Rosalinda tosses you away and you pray you can catch up to her, not have her shield, and tack on 20% before Luma returns and accidentally up airs you into a juggle. Because for some reason Rosalina needs double the run and air speed of Zelda, with a shield grab, and a 20 mile long Dsmash, and invincible head on basically all upward attacks
Isn't the time like 16 seconds. Okay she runs away to the other side of the stage. We get to that part, what can rosa do?
1. Shield
2. Roll
3. Go offstage (horrible idea)
4. Attack
5. Jump
All of which we can chase her. If she shields we can jab or grab. Roll, rolling on the edge is very predictable and can be easily read. Attack, her frame data is eh without luma. We can shield or challenge her move. Jump, okay yes she can jump over us but then what. We can catch her landing.
Zelda is decent at removing Luma, but "just unsafely dash attack in" literally has unsafe in it.
well I meant at reasonable situations like either at safe percents, when shes landing, as a punish, etc. Also theres fsmash which is barely safe I think. SH Nair is also a decent way.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So I was checking the Corrin Boards. And I saw one where someone asked everyone to try and sell him on Corrin.

This response:

Can't argue with that. :yeahboi:
Don't forget the obvious selling point:

Edit: WOW I didn't think post #1000 would be about feet :drshrug:

Last edited:
Top Bottom