• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Yes, but I'm pretty sure it trades with Luma everytime. I feel like a 4% trade for seperating Luma or possibly killing it is a trade I'm willing to get
We're still worrying about Luma happening to be using a move with larger disjoint.

It will trade if they both hit each other, but Zelda has to hit him. To do a dash attack, Zelda has to run in all obvious-like. Unless our spacing is on point, like, half of Luma's ground options are faster or as fast as our dash attack.

Edit: I will say I think most of the time Luma's disjoints aren't reliable enough to freely outrange her.

I should've meant at lower percents. Around 20-50%, if Luma is not around, she doesn't get much off of a grab. The most she gets is a little more space.
Yeah, but

Free Rosalinta shieldgrab.

That's what I'm saying.

Oh yeah, and she CAN do a frame 9 Usmash OoS iirc.

Well yes at higher percents. At lower percents we can mash out before luma comes back if it didn't die.
Rosalina can still throw you towards Luma, or if you have a slip of damage as Zelda, she can still throw you upwards. Both of these results can still put Zelda in a positional disadvantage, or simply let Rosalina draw back, and regroup, meaning we have to try and get in again.

Isn't the time like 16 seconds. Okay she runs away to the other side of the stage. We get to that part, what can rosa do?
1. Shield
2. Roll
3. Go offstage (horrible idea)
4. Attack
5. Jump
All of which we can chase her. If she shields we can jab or grab. Roll, rolling on the edge is very predictable and can be easily read. Attack, her frame data is eh without luma. We can shield or challenge her move. Jump, okay yes she can jump over us but then what. We can catch her landing.
The problem is that number 1 is still going to invalidate most of our options. If she jumps to (if available) a platform, we basically can't grab her.

Can't forget to include OoS options either. Grab is still there, and she can just toss us away again. Rolling is there too, but of course, it's rolling.

well I meant at reasonable situations like either at safe percents, when shes landing, as a punish, etc. Also theres fsmash which is barely safe I think. SH Nair is also a decent way.
I think what you meant is almost safe. There's barely anything in smash that's actually safe.

If well spaced I'm sure some Rosalindas might chicken out on punishing Fsmash on shield though.

But wait, was Luma near an edge? :^)

Also, you say more of these options are for low percents.

But what about for high percents?

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
We're still worrying about Luma happening to be using a move with larger disjoint.

It will trade if they both hit each other, but Zelda has to hit him. To do a dash attack, Zelda has to run in all obvious-like. Unless our spacing is on point, like, half of Luma's ground options are faster or as fast as our dash attack.

Edit: I will say I think most of the time Luma's disjoints aren't reliable enough to freely outrange her.

Yeah, but

Free Rosalinta shieldgrab.

That's what I'm saying.

Oh yeah, and she CAN do a frame 9 Usmash OoS iirc.

Rosalina can still throw you towards Luma, or if you have a slip of damage as Zelda, she can still throw you upwards. Both of these results can still put Zelda in a positional disadvantage, or simply let Rosalina draw back, and regroup, meaning we have to try and get in again.

The problem is that number 1 is still going to invalidate most of our options. If she jumps to (if available) a platform, we basically can't grab her.

Can't forget to include OoS options either. Grab is still there, and she can just toss us away again. Rolling is there too, but of course, it's rolling.

I think what you meant is almost safe. There's barely anything in smash that's actually safe.

If well spaced I'm sure some Rosalindas might chicken out on punishing Fsmash on shield though.

But wait, was Luma near an edge? :^)

Also, you say more of these options are for low percents.

But what about for high percents?
High percents, well jab can work well depending on how much damage luma has taken. Fsmash, idk if rosa is fast enough to punish.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Fsmash, idk if rosa is fast enough to punish.
Data speaking, Fsmash is -10 against shield drop.

That should be enough for Rosalina to be able to get a dash attack in. Maybe at some range point her dash attack won't make it within the frame window though.

but luma itself does not have disjointed hitboxes right?
I suppose aside maybe Fsmash, I cannot confirm which moves do/not have some disjoint. I'll try to do homework on that so I can substantiate my claim.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I won't go into text wall mode, but I will say that your MU description is based off the Rosalina not knowing anything about Zelda. You focus on Rosa without Luma, but a good Rosalina will easily be able to zone Zelda out with Luma and keep Luma alive. Also Rosalina does have a projectile and a larger zone than Zelda. I will agree that Zelda can stuff her recovery however.
Hi Fujin!

...wait, you're not Fujin!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Waiting for February and hoping for a Bundle discount on all the DLC together

It's a poverty life.
:196:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I hear ya there.

Too bad owning Mewtwo would probably exclude me from being able to buy the bundle lmao

thing is, i'm spending money on a character that isn't really tourney viable

then again, i'm only buying him because mewtwo is fun to use

idk. ;-;

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I hear ya there.

Too bad owning Mewtwo would probably exclude me from being able to buy the bundle lmao
I almost never buy bundles, cuz they have Mii Costumes that I don't care about. I've only bought one... hint, it has to do with my avatar.

thing is, i'm spending money on a character that isn't really tourney viable

then again, i'm only buying him because mewtwo is fun to use

idk. ;-;
Says the guy who mains Shulk.

I kid.

And besides, pay to win DLC is the worst kind of DLC. It should be adding fun, not trivializing it.
So if you think playing as Mewtwo will be fun, that's all that matters.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Maybe there should be an option to buy only the female skins for Corrin, since that seems to be the only one people like.
I laughed until I realized that's legitimately the only way I'd buy the character outside of a bundle.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm just buying all the extra characters and stages just for completion. Couldn't care less about Mii costumes though.

just got a message from my personal contact from nintendo hq

they said nintendo has 1 more secret character coming to the game

ye

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
just got a message from my personal contact from nintendo hq

they said nintendo has 1 more secret character coming to the game

ye
Let me guess... Red Metal Mario. Basically, an even slower, but slightly stronger Mario that has Fire Orb instead of Fireball, Explosive Punch instead of Super Jump Punch, a Cape with less reflect frames, but higher multiplier and also doesn't stall him in the air, and Scalding FLUDD instead of... FLUDD. Did I mention how his fall speed is 3.0 and his fast fall speed is 10.0!? Oh, and he's designed to lose against... Fake Zelda aka Sheik. :p

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I love this trailer because not only did it announce Lucas, but the first half of it was just Ness getting brutally killed :3
And this is an improved version.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I love this trailer because not only did it announce Lucas, but the first half of it was just Ness getting brutally killed :3
And this is an improved version.
I liked :ness64:, he was fun

Same with :yoshi64:

And then in smash 4 they slapped disjoints onto all of Ness's moves and changed fsmash

Pls bring back the home-run bat noise Sakurai

frest123

Smash Cadet
So I was playing on Anther's Ladder throughout yesterday and a little bit today. Played against pretty weak players in general (considering I'm new there, low rank). Some of my opponents thought Zelda was God Tier after playing me... Not saying I'm all that good but they had absolutely NO IDEA how to deal with her...

Then came this Sonic player and... I wanted to cry. Hahahaha. Sonic MU is so horrible, it makes me wanna hang myself. TTTT___TTTT

I don't struggle that much in the Sheik MU though... Surprising. .-. Maybe it's because Sheik really does depend on skill to be a good character unlike brain dead Sonic.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
So I was playing on Anther's Ladder throughout yesterday and a little bit today. Played against pretty weak players in general (considering I'm new there, low rank). Some of my opponents thought Zelda was God Tier after playing me... Not saying I'm all that good but they had absolutely NO IDEA how to deal with her...

Then came this Sonic player and... I wanted to cry. Hahahaha. Sonic MU is so horrible, it makes me wanna hang myself. TTTT___TTTT

I don't struggle that much in the Sheik MU though... Surprising. .-. Maybe it's because Sheik really does depend on skill to be a good character unlike brain dead Sonic.
I will argue that Sonic play isn't brain dead. It is just horribly spammy. You do have to decide whether to go in or jump or shield or jump and attack or disengage or spring for the 1% damage or take that Fsmash like a man every time you hit Side B

frest123

Smash Cadet
I will argue that Sonic play isn't brain dead. It is just horribly spammy. You do have to decide whether to go in or jump or shield or jump and attack or disengage or spring for the 1% damage or take that Fsmash like a man every time you hit Side B
I find it close to brain dead due to the fact that his whole play revolves around one move, how to get it and what to do after it... Aside from Side B, the only other thing he really does is grab, Uthrow, combo.

I mean, sure, truly playing brain dead with Sonic can lead to being predictable and thus, you can be outplayed but still... His insanely good approach makes him not even have to think much about most of the options he chooses because it usually is too good to stop.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

The Bair didn't autocancel tho, it simply had very little landing lag.
Still stupid.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just put some of the Christmas Decorations away and playing some Xenoblade X. Doing some sidequests before I embark on Chapter 8.

The Bair didn't autocancel tho, it simply had very little landing lag.
Still stupid.
Eh. I have no complaints on Cloud. I just gotta learn how to deal with this bad MU with Lucina. :V

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Alright gorls, gonna be heading to my tourney real soon. I'll be using :4zss: in doubles with a Ness, :4lucina: in singles (because remember I lost a bet ; w ; ), and :4zelda: in MMs. Doubles start at around 1pm PST, Singles at 3pm PST, and MMs whenever I can find the time to get on stream~

Stream will be here, and you gorls can join in and hope that I'm on so you can cheer me on during my MMs. I might be on commentary a lot today~

probably because I'll get rekt in singles real fast which is why i'm not linking to bracket

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Alright gorls, gonna be heading to my tourney real soon. I'll be using :4zss: in doubles with a Ness, :4lucina: in singles (because remember I lost a bet ; w ; ), and :4zelda: in MMs. Doubles start at around 1pm PST, Singles at 3pm PST, and MMs whenever I can find the time to get on stream~

Stream will be here, and you gorls can join in and hope that I'm on so you can cheer me on during my MMs. I might be on commentary a lot today~

probably because I'll get rekt in singles real fast which is why i'm not linking to bracket
I'm taking these MMs will be on stream?

And yay I can hear your sexy voice <3

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'm taking these MMs will be on stream?

And yay I can hear your sexy voice <3
I'll try and get those MMs on stream. Gonna fight a guy's :4ganondorf: and :4dedede: on separate BO5 sets and he'll most likely want it to be on stream to record my "destruction". There's also a :4mewtwo:MM I owe. Can't guarantee that these matches will be done at a reasonable time on your side tho. Both these players are PR players, mind you, but I'll hopefully put up a fight~

Depending on circumstances tho I might also do :4zss: ditto MMs gross. Also might be playing Brawl instead of commentary sometimes rip

Top Bottom