• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Had my lunch, and had to help a bit with wrapping gifts and all. But not much happening right now. Plan on watching the finales of Shingeki Kyojin: Chuugakkou and One Punch Man later today. :yeahboi:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Sometimes I rewatch the costume portion of the last Smash Direct so I can feel the pain from the shattered souls of Geno voters.

D

Deleted member

My favorite part of the presentation was not seeing Sora :secretkpop:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Had my lunch, and had to help a bit with wrapping gifts and all. But not much happening right now. Plan on watching the finales of Shingeki Kyojin: Chuugakkou and One Punch Man later today. :yeahboi:

YOU HAD TO GO THERE WITH NISEKOI.

Ok. I'm ok.

By the way, still haven't bought Cloud.

BUT IF I FIND ONE MORE ON ROLL GLORY I'M GOING TO BREAK MY CONTROLLER.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I was probably not thinking straight yesterday because I actually got 13th in the tourney, which is basically what I usually get in tourneys anyway.

I blame Zero Skill Spamus and Berserker. Berserker. the baka-chan that always gets 13th for my sadness yesterday smh

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Cloud can ledgedrop to rising UAir, land onstage, and autocancel (I think, it might just have low lag). Reminds me of one of Brawl Ganon's techniques but easier. It's pretty slick.

Also people just opting for damage from Limit Break is hilarious especially when they're not thinking and use Finishing Touch when I'm at 0%. Nice 1% bro! Though I suppose they may want access to Blade Beam back. IMO that's the only reason you would want to "waste" Limit Break before it can actually land a kill

Berserker. Berserker. the baka-chan that always gets 13th for my sadness yesterday smh
i haven't placed 13th place or worse since June or July (or something, from the last tourneys ive been to, i got 1st, 5th and 9th), feet licker

well, im inconsistent so i still suck ****

i wouldn't mind getting 13th for you tho ;^)

switching to cloud though. imrly feelin it with him

which reminds me since it's me christmas break, i'm finally going back to going to tournaments...... well, just one. LMAO and this time, it's cloud i'm using. not shulk :D

ALSO, watch star wars guys. its rly good. there's a black guy with a lightsaber on the movie poster so that's like a plus 9999 for me personally

lastly, i saw this amazing fan art on twitter. might make it my avatar because the anime is rly good anyway already recommended it to my friends and my bro
holy **** dem.png

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I just saw the finales of Shingeki Kyojin!: Chuugakkou and One Punch Man.

SKC's was cute and fun, and it was doing so hard to reference the original SNK. :secretkpop:

And One Punch Man... Epic stuff as usual. Won't spoil either of them due to obvious reasons. :3

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Giggle snort. Heh, opinions I guess!

Speaking of, Mewtwo's pretty decent now. Nothing amazing but my word he's improved a LOT.
Who knew slight movement/move changes could make a difference???!!! Not Zelda.

Edit: sorry accidentally DP'd... Almost. I don't regret my sass.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
So.

My Falcon is buttcheeks.

So I changed plan & went Ganon.

Won my pool without dropping a set & made to Top 16 then went 0-2.

Yea

Also came 4th in Melee & Top 3 in PM (never finished but I made the suggestion that we play for the money at the next tourney which is shortly after New Year's).

Yea

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
EODM07 EODM07

Daaaaamn. Final episode was hype af

That final scene though. lol
I agree. It was hype. And we'll be getting 6 OVA Episodes down the line too. All written by ONE himself.

So they may all get publish with upcoming issues/volumes of the OPM Manga. And later bundled on the DVD/Blu-Ray.

Overall. My thoughts on One Punch Man:

So.

My Falcon is buttcheeks.

So I changed plan & went Ganon.

Won my pool without dropping a set & made to Top 16 then went 0-2.

Yea
You should sub Ganon then. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I agree. It was hype. And we'll be getting 6 OVA Episodes down the line too. All written by ONE himself.

So they may all get publish with upcoming issues/volumes of the OPM Manga. And later bundled on the DVD/Blu-Ray.

Overall. My thoughts on One Punch Man:

You should sub Ganon then. :secretkpop:
But Ganon like the game is Tr4sh

February can't come soon enough

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Play Cloud and Mario/Doc like me. Never have a bad matchup ever (EXCEPT LIKE SHEIK MAYBS)

Fun stuff.
Cloud was banned at this tourney for reasons & learning Doc/Mario requires me to put in work that I'm not willing to spend because they aren't Bayonetta

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'm very certain to Bayonetta will have insane 0-death combos from Day 1. I can already see some of the combos coming...

But I'm going to definitely try out Corrin. Since I wanna try and use another Swordsman. Since I dropped Roy. :V

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'm very certain to Bayonetta will have insane 0-death combos from Day 1. I can already see some of the combos coming...

But I'm going to definitely try out Corrin. Since I wanna try and use another Swordsman. Since I dropped Roy. :V
IDK I think Bayo will be good but I think her damage output individually will be low enough so that her combos do standard damage.

P.s. Roy is sad LOL. I can't think of a reason to play him anymore, we just got ANOTHER Swordsman who kills at ludicrously low %s except this one has techchases and confirms for it and has top level players like VoiD and M2K labbing him out among others.

PPs. EVERYONE GO PLAY MEWTWO HE'S SO PLAYABLE NOW

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Thats like saying since Nairo beat Nietono with Zelda, Zelda is good. That's not the case. and the video, was a read. Every character can read.
Bruh every character can read but who in the air can pop off a move that kills at like 60 that isn't ZSS with Up+B or Zelda with a lightning kick and/or a laggy meteor that requires perfect positioning? Can they force positional advantage? Like bruh, it sounds 100% to me like you're writing off a 4 day old character for like zero given reason.

Give me a list of characters who can do this fairly reliably because their Uair is ridiculous and I'll consider taking this seriously. You can go read anecdotes from a LOT of really good players who are using this character and finding good stuff, it's not randy stuff like Nairo beating Nietono, it's people actively using the character and finding positive traits.

I'm not even gonna TRY and place him effectively on the roster at this point but IMO he isn't really bad, I've put enough time in to know this. I've played a bad character for the entire lifespan of this game (Dr. Mario). I know what makes a character bad, trust me.

Also no Nair to Side-B at 50-60% with Cloud isn't a read, that's a kill confirm. He has a handful of those into Finishing Touch at Kill %s too. There are two parts to that video I linked.

Last edited:
it doesn't matter if cloud is bad or not (well imo he's super good)

what matters is that geno and knuckles are playable and that's all that matters

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Bruh every character can read but who in the air can pop off a move that kills at 60 that isn't ZSS with Up+B or Zelda with a lightning kick? Can they force positional advantage? Like bruh, it sounds 100% to me like you're writing off a 4 day old character for like zero given reason.

Give me a list of characters who can do this fairly reliably because their Uair is ridiculous and I'll consider taking this seriously. You can go read anecdotes from a LOT of really good players who are using this character and finding good stuff, it's not randy stuff like Nairo beating Nietono, it's people actively using the character and finding positive traits.

I'm not even gonna TRY and place him effectively on the roster at this point but IMO he isn't really bad, I've put enough time in to know this.
Your aren't even considering his weaknesses which are pretty big. Without the Focus thing, he can't recover. It becomes worse than little macs. Bad hitbox, doesnt snap the ledge. There is nothing positive about his recovery. His Throws aren't that great either. No true combos off of them, no kill throw, eh damae.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Your aren't even considering his weaknesses which are pretty big. Without the Focus thing, he can't recover. It becomes worse than little macs. Bad hitbox, doesnt snap the ledge. There is nothing positive about his recovery. His Throws aren't that great either. No true combos off of them, no kill throw, eh damae.
"Doesn't snap the ledge" "Worse than Little Mac's"
Neither of those statements are 100% true. His recovery actually does have very easy setups into a ledgesnap and the vertical climb is much higher than Little Mac's which allows you to ride up the sides of Battlefield and not throw your hurtbox over the ledge. His damage on average is greater than most characters (for his frame data and sword reach) and all of his throws give you solid positioning which is an argument I see used for Marth but all of his throws do even less damage soooo I never understood this complaint and it's always come off to me as anecdotal. Cloud's throws put people away from you, he doesn't want ppl up close while he's charging limit. If this character had combo/kill throws he'd be ****ing broken because the minute you're in the air his Uair is basically unchallengable by about 90% of the cast and it's absolutely absurd. I mean he already has a throw for this, U-Throw, but it's not as good as it should be for it I guess? B-Throw is really solid though, great IASA lets you charge limit immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnsor774z5w There are a lot of ways to de-bootify this man's recovery, he just doesn't get it for free. He can also throw out Blade Beam and his Nair to cover himself with aerials while he recovers (especially if he DIs up). Smashville helps and since you can walljump on Battlefield and FD now those are also pretty decent.

Worse than Little Mac's my ass LOL. Scrubby Clouds sure make it look worse though, I'll give you that much. When the Clouds online stop showing up I'll assume the misconceptions will go away

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
"Doesn't snap the ledge" "Worse than Little Mac's"
Neither of those statements are 100% true. His recovery actually does have very easy setups into a ledgesnap and the vertical climb is much higher than Little Mac's which allows you to ride up the sides of Battlefield and not throw your hurtbox over the ledge. His damage on average is greater than most characters (for his frame data and sword reach) and all of his throws give you solid positioning which is an argument I see used for Marth but all of his throws do even less damage soooo I never understood this complaint and it's always come off to me as anecdotal. Cloud's throws put people away from you, he doesn't want ppl up close while he's charging limit. If this character had combo/kill throws he'd be ****ing broken because the minute you're in the air his Uair is basically unchallengable by about 90% of the cast and it's absolutely absurd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnsor774z5w There are a lot of ways to de-bootify this man's recovery, he just doesn't get it for free. He can also throw out Blade Beam and his Nair to cover himself with aerials while he recovers (especially if he DIs up). Smashville helps and since you can walljump on Battlefield and FD now those are also pretty decent.

Worse than Little Mac's my *** LOL. Scrubby Clouds sure make it look worse though, I'll give you that much.
waits at ledge

fsmash

ded

Top Bottom