• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
waits at ledge

fsmash

ded
Feels like you read none of that so I'm not even going to bother anymore lol. What a meaningful discussion that was. Do tell me when Little Mac can cover himself with aerials that aren't his Side-B in his recovery though, maybe next patch actually! (MAKE AIR MAC REAL SAKURAI)

Last edited:
relevant to the discussion
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Edit: Ignore the scrub part. tyty

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Feels like you read none of that so I'm not even going to bother anymore lol. What a meaningful discussion that was. Do tell me when Little Mac can cover himself with aerials that aren't his Side-B in his recovery though, maybe next patch actually! (MAKE AIR MAC REAL SAKURAI)
Cloud isnt going to be near the ledge all the time. Once Cloud is too low he can't really cover himself.
relevant to the discussion
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Edit: Ignore the scrub part. tyty
image.jpeg

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Cloud isnt going to be near the ledge all the time. Once Cloud is too low he can't really cover himself.

View attachment 88579
I'm done having this discussion. Already told you~. I will end it with one thing though.

He generally wants to be fairly low when he's recovering. It's low and horizontal that he doesn't want. His Up+B has a very high vertical snap ratio which is what I don't see ENOUGH Clouds utilizing right now IMO. I don't think one top player's opinion is gospel but a lot of top players are saying he's not bad and my experience also points to this, and that's my opinion. That's as final as the word final itself for me right now. Let's see what happens, but as of right now I have fairly good confidence in Cloud and I firmly believe the worst he'll be at is the middle (kinda like in Erhgeiz, God BLESS THE RING!!!!)

Don't quote me, I'm done dude, I've said everything I needed to say and I think for all it's worth his recovery is still > little mac because Little Mac can't cover himself at all.

I'm srs, don't quote me. DON'T DO IT

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'm done having this discussion. Already told you~. I will end it with one thing though.

He generally wants to be fairly low when he's recovering. It's low and horizontal that he doesn't want. His Up+B has a very high vertical snap ratio which is what I don't see ENOUGH Clouds utilizing right now IMO. I don't think one top player's opinion is gospel but a lot of top players are saying he's not bad and my experience also points to this, and that's my opinion. That's as final as the word final itself for me right now. Let's see what happens, but as of right now I have fairly good confidence in Cloud and I firmly believe the worst he'll be at is the middle (kinda like in Erhgeiz, God BLESS THE RING!!!!)

Don't quote me, I'm done dude, I've said everything I needed to say and I think for all it's worth his recovery is still > little mac because Little Mac can't cover himself at all.

I'm srs, don't quote me. DON'T DO IT
:secretkpop:

if you think he's bad, it's perfectly okay. believe what you will and stick by your convictions, even if people believe it to be wrong

things change sooner or later, or they remain constant so for now, let's let time fly

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
The visual representation of what happens next

Also yeah what BERSERKERBARRAGE said.

One thing defo bad about Cloud is that he didn't bring enough music with him on his stage doe. That's for sure.
:secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop:
if you think he's bad, it's perfectly okay. believe what you will and stick by your convictions, even if people believe it to be wrong

things change sooner or later, or they remain constant so for now, let's let time fly
RT RT RT

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I think why John#s, Macchi, and I think Cloud is bad is because we all use Wii Fit Trainer and she can exploit Cloud's weaknesses SOOOOOOOO well so we kinda forget how other characters do against him.

Just my thoughts.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I think why John#s, Macchi, and I think Cloud is bad is because we all use Wii Fit Trainer and she can exploit Cloud's weaknesses SOOOOOOOO well so we kinda forget how other characters do against him.

Just my thoughts.
Potentially tru tru, but IDK. I want to play that matchup now doe, I wanna level up my Cloud!

Also everyone go try Mewtwoooo

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I still have to play against Cloud at all. Haven't really felt like playing on For Glory

I should probably try getting some Cloud practice. I'm curious about how the Cloud/Greninja MU goes.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I know I'm beating this horse dead but wtf @ Mewtwo. This character got so much better, my god....

Also Bowser is stupid now ROFL. Bowser is definitely 100% the like, new player slayer atm. It's a good thing he still has the Bowser disadvantages to keep him in check, I think the combo throw brings him up to around where he was in the 3DS meta, kinda middling. Very nice for him tho. Ez to pick up too.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I know I'm beating this horse dead but wtf @ Mewtwo. This character got so much better, my god....

Also Bowser is stupid now ROFL. Bowser is definitely 100% the like, new player slayer atm. It's a good thing he still has the Bowser disadvantages to keep him in check, I think the combo throw brings him up to around where he was in the 3DS meta, kinda middling. Very nice for him tho. Ez to pick up too.
I still think lucina is the newb destroyer

:GCCR::GCCL::GCCR::GCCL::GCCR::GCCL::GCCR::GCCL:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Also yesterday a guy went DK against my Greninja on Halberd, he missed all the cargo throw -> Up-Airs and on his second stock I killed him at 36% because I caught him offscreen with my Up-Air while I had a good amount of rage.

#lolhalberd

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I still think lucina is the newb destroyer

:GCCR::GCCL::GCCR::GCCL::GCCR::GCCL::GCCR::GCCL:
This is tru, I used to be ballz against Lucina and then I actually learned how to play lol.

I'm still booty but not THAT booty anymore haha.

Notable noob killers: Roy, Little Mac, Lucina, Bowser, PREPATCH LUIGI WAS THE KING OF THIS. No particular order.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
i haven't placed 13th place or worse since June or July (or something, from the last tourneys ive been to, i got 1st, 5th and 9th), feet licker

well, im inconsistent so i still suck ****

i wouldn't mind getting 13th for you tho ;^)
wow I dun need you tbh why would I ever need you it's not like I need you or anything

And I only like Corrin's feet and you're not corrin therefruit you are irrelevant and baka

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Sure, that'd be great
ONLY THING IS MY CLOUD IS STILL KINDA BOOTY. I'm nowhere near M2K or VoiD levels, and I'm still labbing the perfect recovery that I know is possible (a lot of Clouds recover REALLY suboptimally rn and I'm trying to avoid that). Be warned though.

I camp like a ***** with Cloud =P

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I use Wii Fit

nuff said
Put up the tents and wait for some super exciting VODs to come out.

I'm p. sure we could just link Nature Valley commercials and call them replays for this matchup LOL. I think Campy Cloud is the way to go and that's where I believe the future is at sooo...

This'll be fun.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Hey Koiba Koiba

https://twitter.com/L1_Koolaid/status/677594982765764608

You're playing the more optimal version of Pit as of this patch. What the hell is this ROFL
"Guise i think tuh vanilla pit iz bettur becuz of teh arrowz"

No

I mean, look at these numbers

This is against Mario a roll's distance away from the ledge of FD, no inputs at all once he's hit.

:4darkpit: - :4mario:
<50?% - 80%
50-70% - 75%
90% - 70%
110% - 65%
130% - 55%
150+% - 45%

I actually feel more guilt in playing Dark Pit on Castle Siege than Rosalina on Halberd

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
My Saturday:

Fell 3ish ft from the ground and landed back-first onto concrete

And in the evening I fell into a frozen lake in a environment that's below 0 degrees Celsius

Then did 60 squats with a minute break, making my legs really sore

But I'm fine now :happysheep:

tl;dr I had a pretty good Saturday :secretkpop:

Anyone up for some games? :happysheep:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I don't know where Cloud will end up on the tier list, but he's annoying af to fight against as Zelda or Palutena, especially when he camps.

Also, I keep reading posts saying Mewtwo is much better now. What changes did he get?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also, I keep reading posts saying Mewtwo is much better now. What changes did he get?
+ Less landing lag on all aerials
+ Buffed hitbox on bair
+ Buffed damage/hitbox/knockback on uair
+ Buffed hitbox on fair
+ Buffed active frames on dair
+ Increased run speed
+ Shadow Ball size increased - fully charged can potentially hit people hanging on the ledge
+ Shadow Ball recoil reduced
+ Fsmash blind spot removed, sourspot buffed
・Dthrow knockback slightly more vertical
・??? on Confusion

Off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
+ Less landing lag on all aerials
+ Buffed hitbox on bair
+ Buffed damage/hitbox/knockback on uair
+ Buffed hitbox on fair
+ Buffed active frames on dair
+ Increased run speed
+ Shadow Ball size increased - fully charged can potentially hit people hanging on the ledge
+ Shadow Ball recoil reduced
+ Fsmash blind spot removed, sourspot buffed
・Dthrow knockback slightly more vertical
・??? on Confusion

Off the top of my head.
+ Increased walk speed

And N-air combos into more stuff now because of the landing lag reduction

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I got my visa approved, and I booked my flight today! I'm leaving for Paris on Thursday, Jan 7, and because of the time difference, I'll arrive early the next morning, on Friday Jan 8. My host family is gonna pick me up at the airport, and we'll have all weekend to spend time together before the job really starts.

I can't believe it's so close!

Top Bottom