• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206

Your turn.

Also, don't the Wii U and 3DS measure HRC differently?
Back air (pick up HRB), run, jump>down toss>up air(catch)>down toss?>jump>instatoss down>??(catch>item drop?)>fsmash angled down>FH DAIr>down toss>BAir(catch)>jump up toss>DAir>Up smash (bat hit)> finisher (jump up toss>reverse warlock).

Think frame sync'ing might spruce this up? :D

Edit: Actually... if I can execute, I think I can improve it slightly. Might take me more than a week, but I'm up for it.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Back air (pick up HRB), run, jump>down toss>up air(catch)>down toss?>jump>instatoss down>??(catch>item drop?)>fsmash angled down>FH DAIr>down toss>BAir(catch)>jump up toss>DAir>Up smash (bat hit)> finisher (jump up toss>reverse warlock).

Edit: Actually... if I can execute, I think I can improve it slightly. Might take me more than a week, but I'm up for it.
I thought AAA > utilt was how you solved all of your problems?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Don't forget the frame perfect fastfalls to get to the ground as soon as possible while still autocanceling!

I'm not really sure what you could do with frame syncs to speed it up. I don't think it saves time over SHFFAC bair and other aerials aren't really being used at ground height. Unless you were just thinking of taking a different approach altogether.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Don't forget the frame perfect fastfalls to get to the ground as soon as possible while still autocanceling!

I'm not really sure what you could do with frame syncs to speed it up. I don't think it saves time over SHFFAC bair and other aerials aren't really being used at ground height. Unless you were just thinking of taking a different approach altogether.
The idea was a different approach altogether, but I think I can up this by literally 1%. I just need to recreate it...

Yup. I think I can do it. Unless this 1% early messes everything else up... I'm scared.

Have you tried this?

DID YOU GO DOWN THIS RABBIT HOLE ALREADY?

@_@

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Would appreciate any help! Thank you.
completely forgot about this the other night when my net was on the bricks, sorry bout that
anyways reoccurring things:
  • purple knight is generally easy to reflect, but if you do go for it try to land with the sword as the knight can't be reflected once it's swinging (this can be pretty hard to space)
  • anytime your opponent goes for the knight you need to punish it (he fsmash and you rolled back first time/he dash attacked and you wiffed a shield grab), considering dash attack is a frame 6 punish, the hitlag of the knight should make it so that you can punish almost anything, and there should be follow up options with either sweet spot or sour spot of the dash attack
  • you blindly run in a lot, Zelda's run speed makes this a really bad option. opt out for empty short jumps, dash dance or running to shield, in other words try to bait attacks and go for punish. there's not much else to do there, Zelda lacks zone breaking tools
  • short hop fast fall Nair and fast fall Nair are like a zelda bread, butter and cheese. It has most of her best follow ups, kill combos, potent 50/50s, low percent strings and punishes. you can always just empty jump as well, so make sure to mix it up and don't go ham with it
  • mario is a really crappy match up he's way to safe, just saying. anyways when mario is recovering to the stage don't position above him, his Uair covers anything you can do there. either position in front of him and look to punish an airdodge/Fair with a light kick or go after ledge pressure. You can do this with something like
    • run off bair, hard to time for the one frame but if he ever resets the ledge he wont be invincible and that is easily untechable
    • ledge trump to bair, I'll include the inputs, but ledge trump is good option in general if you want to reset the ledge and bair is a strong follow up should he not buffer a get up option
      • inputs if facing ledge to the right (:GCR::GCDR::GCD::GCDL::GCL:, :GCR::GCY::GCCR: or :GCR::GCX::GCA:) be careful not to hit jump to quickly or you'll just jump onto stage
    • bait a get up attack you can do this with jab or dtilt as they are low endlag, then shield and punish or spot dodge and punish. The new patch though might make this a less satisfactory idea
    • read getup options, if he tries to jump you can go for a falling nair, Dsmash can cover both neutral get up and rolls as it comes out fast, Fsmash multihits are good as well but isnt as fast
    • TLDR, stop going for meteors against mario, they generally don't work against him and you need to mix up options anyways
  • you roll back a lot, if you know your opponent is going for something spot dodge will serve you better, then you can dsmash or dtilt, as they are you fastest punish options
other nonrecurring things:
  • Uthrow -> Farores is really risky, I'm sure you know this, but I would prefer a dthrow -> Uair it's generally safer, you can fish for airdodges which everyone does too much
  • airdodging low to the ground, never do this, I only saw it once though

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Have you tried this?

DID YOU GO DOWN THIS RABBIT HOLE ALREADY?

@_@
No idea!

I remember trying a few things that resulted in weird problems like sandbag not being rotated the right direction for an attack to hit it properly (landing early, flying in the wrong direction when hit, or simply not being in range to be hit). I don't remember what specifically I tried though, it's been a long time.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
No idea!

I remember trying a few things that resulted in weird problems like sandbag not being rotated the right direction for an attack to hit it properly (landing early, flying in the wrong direction when hit, or simply not being in range to be hit). I don't remember what specifically I tried though, it's been a long time.
Just looking at it, uair does 12% when it could do 13%. The spacing is slightly different (closer to ganondorf vs his toes), which might cause things to go awry. I just need to link aerial down toss>sweetspot Uair> bat toss string from 17% (BAir) consistently to see if it works.

We'll see. This sounds more fun than labbing shields.

D

Deleted member

completely forgot about this the other night when my net was on the bricks, sorry bout that

-snip
Thank you! I appreciate you getting right to the point with each detail and explaining it well. I'll definitely apply what you said from now on.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Thank you! I appreciate you getting right to the point with each detail and explaining it well. I'll definitely apply what you said from now on.
somebody appreciated my input?

well that's a new feeling, also I apologize for the poor grammar in that list, it's late

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just had my breakfast and cleaned around my room. Feels so nice to clean my room. :3
Although when I was cleaning, I accidentally knocked my 3DS off the shelf, it hit the shelf where the Card Slot is on the handheld, but it's fine. These things are SO sturdy. <3

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I appreciate you Bluecrow, I just want to punch you in the schnoz sometimes. You know how it is.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I appreciate you Bluecrow, I just want to punch you in the schnoz sometimes. You know how it is.
oh god affection, how the hell am I supposed to handle this.
everyone prepared me to be cold and throwing out my super bias opinion, not being nice and appreciative of other people
(0:14 - 0:16)
oh good this is the stupid **** I'm used to

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Censor dodge? Gurl bye.
oh god affection, how the hell am I supposed to handle this.
everyone prepared me to be cold and throwing out my super bias opinion, not being nice and appreciative of other people
Don't ruin it d***wad.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Every time I scroll past the Zelda boards this thread has some very pessimistic titles lol. I feel for you guys, Zelda by her very design will likely never be good in 1v1s. That said, let's never forget a couple things:

1. Current Smash 4 Zelda is arguably the strongest she's been yet. She's more consistent and has combos unlike Brawl and has had her recovery issues from both games addressed.
2. She's one of the best characters for 2v2 and free-for-alls. So efficient at cleaning out stocks and doing heavy, high damage hits. In doubles, she compliments just about any character well and actually gets a chance to use her tools.

So fear not, you guys could have it worse. You could be Brawl Dorf mains, or Melee Kirby mains, and or Sm4sh Samus mains, who arguably get ****ed on worse than you guys. (although this patch did help them).

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Every time I scroll past the Zelda boards this thread has some very pessimistic titles lol. I feel for you guys, Zelda by her very design will likely never be good in 1v1s. That said, let's never forget a couple things:

1. Current Smash 4 Zelda is arguably the strongest she's been yet. She's more consistent and has combos unlike Brawl and has had her recovery issues from both games addressed.
2. She's one of the best characters for 2v2 and free-for-alls. So efficient at cleaning out stocks and doing heavy, high damage hits. In doubles, she compliments just about any character well and actually gets a chance to use her tools.

So fear not, you guys could have it worse. You could be Brawl Dorf mains, or Melee Kirby mains, and or Sm4sh Samus mains, who arguably get ****ed on worse than you guys. (although this patch did help them).
Bring brawl Zelda to Smash 4, give her smash 4 teleport wall ride physics, then you'll see true perfection . :secretkpop:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I decided to have the Touhou gifs in my sig lead to some of my favorite remixes of their theme songs because why not.

There's no good remix of True Administrator outside of the official games smh.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Played on For Glory really really early in the morning late last night and I'm feeling mostly positive about the patch. The shield mechanics don't change the game drastically imo. Then again, I wasn't put in many positions to do stuff OoS (and my main 3 :4greninja::4yoshi::4zelda: all have grabs that have over 10 frames of startup), but I didn't get a couple FWs OoS and I got shield-grabbed multiple times, by a Bowser main named Justin in particular.

Speaking of this Justin character, we played like 20 games or so and I was only able to take one game off of his Bowser using Yoshi. There were times where I came really close with Yoshi, Zelda, Sheik and Doc, but I choked so hard. (Bowser doesn't freaking die. ._. Got him all the way up to 204% with Doc one match after some really nice combos, but he somehow managed to bring it back) He destroyed me in a Bowser ditto too.

Outside of that, I think I'm playing well atm. Greninja feels nice to play, especially now that I can approach with N-air and F-air better in the new patch. I'm liking my Zelda play for the most part and have been using U-throw to mix up my combos more over the past week, but I need to work on doing B-reverse Phantom Slash online. I SD'd with Din's Failure 4-5 times trying to b-reverse my Phantoms near the ledge, two of which were in the same match :crying:. So embarassing. My Yoshi's a lot better than I thought I had left him apparently. He hasn't been affected as well from the patch as I thought though. He can break shields a bit more easily, but F-air and D-tilt still seem unsafe on block, which is a change he would have appreciated. I have no reason to complain though.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Well, GGs I guess Wolfie.

The lag in some of those matches was really bad. I have no clue what was going on. o_o
And I think it was because a game of mine on Steam was updating. But strangely enough, it was the tiniest update I've ever seen. Not 94MB update or a 568MB update. It was just about 128 Byte update. o.o (Odd)

Also, sorry if the lag was bad Wolfie. Also, I'm definitely going to use that Roy v Sheik Match we had as a joke video. I plan on calling it "Sheik has had enough". :secretkpop:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Welp the Internet is down in a few counties around here :/

Guess I'm not streaming today.

Top Bottom