• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
A thread title could be 'Zelda, with a capitol Z that rhymes with T and that stands for Tr4sh!' satirizing the Pool song from The Music Man.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I need a catchy and clever Zelda tag for my locals.

I used Zelduh last time because it's my FG tag. But I feel like I could do better.

Obligatory BANZELDA suggestion, but I'm not sure if I'm worthy enough to commit to such a glorious tag yet.

Maybe some of you gorls are more creative than I am.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just had my breakfast and I planning on vaccing and dusting my room tomorrow, don't really feel that motivated to vaccum around my room today. But it'll give me more to do tomorrow. :V

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
^I've been better tbh.

KarmaCastle KarmaCastle Zeldawg.
I'm really feelin' it. Maybe my thing will be I always show up with a new slick Zelda tag, outsourced from Rizen™.

I'll pay you in glorious mid-tourney stream SassQueen clips :secretkpop:

I was just watching some Melee Zelda and now I'm depressed because of how little lag she has on her kicks. She can throw out 3 with one jump before landing. Just watched her kick both ice climbers, one behind and one in front, with one jump. Hmm...

I was just watching some Melee Zelda and now I'm depressed because of how little lag she has on her kicks. She can throw out 3 with one jump before landing. Just watched her kick both ice climbers, one behind and one in front, with one jump. Hmm...
Then you realize how garbage she was.

Also evmaxy54 evmaxy54 so I found out that there's a local in my area, but they only play muhley. Should I go out and play my strongest? I ask because my friend went there last week for the first time and he got 7th (he was beaten by the guy who got first in Winner's, then by the guy who got 2nd in Loser's), and I trashed my friend with Zelda. It's like I don't wanna play my strongest and get bodied, but then again spacies are everywhere there.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Then you realize how garbage she was.

Also evmaxy54 evmaxy54 so I found out that there's a local in my area, but they only play muhley. Should I go out and play my strongest? I ask because my friend went there last week for the first time and he got 7th (he was beaten by the guy who got first in Winner's, then by the guy who got 2nd in Loser's), and I trashed my friend with Zelda. It's like I don't wanna play my strongest and get bodied, but then again spacies are everywhere there.
Play to learn, not play to win

Or if you're going to be using Zeldawful play to be a ****head =P

I played to be a ****head once. Payed £5 to enter a tourney & wasted it on trolling a 14 year old kid by going Zelda & Pichu against him (lost the set 2-1 but the last game was last hit situation with my Pichu against his Fox. TECHCHASEGURLZ)

Fun times, fun times

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm bored so here's a tier list of how powerful smash 4 characters would be if based on the games they come from. Feel free to disagree, comment or add to it. Many places are based on educated guesses.

S
:4ganondorf::4palutena::4mewtwo:
Although Link beats Ganon in the end, the Trifore of power is by nature the most powerful of the three. Ganon rules over the massive monsters characters like Link and Samus fight. Palutena is a demigoddess. Although she gets rescued by pit and it's hard to tell how much she's BSing Pit about her powers in KI:U, she is still a goddess. She commands Pit and rules from heaven. She doesn't get a tier of her own though. Mewtwo is the most powerful psychic pokemon and often the strongest in the games he's featured. In the movie he's controlled an army of pokemon and conjured a huge storm with one hand. You could argue that fighters like Samus or Link could potentially beat S tiers but they are the 'bosses' the underdogs must rise to overcome.
A
:4link::4tlink::4samus::4lucario::4sonic::4megaman::4darkpit::4pit::4ness::4lucas:
I'm guessing Lucario is a step above the remaining pokemon, IDK. He could be a tier lower. The others are heroes who have proven countless times they stack up with the toughest. Link/TL has beaten monsters like Bongo Bongo, Majora, etc. Link can also wear a tunic that allows him to walk on lava. Samus fights monsters of the same caliber, survive in space and in lava. Sonic has defeated monsters like Perfect Chaos, Time Eater, and huge robots; these seem on par with Metroid monsters. Mega Man's a futurist battle robot who could probably keep up with the rest, he raids trap filled castles and takes down giant boss robots and robot masters. Pit seems about as strong. You could argue he beats full gods like Hades but I'd say only with the powerful armor the forge god made him. I haven't actually played the Earthbound/Mother series but if Ness can save the world and beat freaking Gaigas he and Lucas probably deserve this spot. I'd say the opponents these characters beat regularly are at least as strong as Bowser.
B
:4bowser::4charizard::4greninja::4dk::4metaknight::4dedede::4kirby::4rob::4fox::4falco::4ryu:
Bowser's a big boss but he often ends up teaming with Mario vs a bigger bad. Although several characters here are final bosses they don't seem any tougher than regular boss characters the tier above fights. Charizard and Greninja are lv 3 evolved pokemon and seem like they could fight Bowser but I'm not the most knowledgeable about pokemon. DK and Starfox characters go on adventures but they're not as dire as the tier above. Fox has gone on foot in SFA Dinosaur Planet and SF Assault but seems considerably weaker than Samus. I'm estimating Falco at the same level as Fox. ROB's based off Brawl's Subspace. The Kirby characters are hard to place since they live in a dreamland. I could accept them a tier higher for fighting demons like 02, Dark Mind, etc but they also get hurt by puny Waddle Dees. Dreams are inconsistent and metaphoric. Ryu is a strong tournament fighter but hasn't beaten legions of monsters. He seems super human but I don't want to put him any higher since it's always in a 1 vs 1 fighting style.
C
:4diddy::4luigi::4mario::4pikachu::rosalina::4sheik::4yoshi::4zelda::4pacman::4falcon::4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4wario2::4littlemac:
These characters fight weak enemies like walking mushrooms and aren't on the same level as higher tiers even though they go on adventures. Diddy plays second fiddle to DK in recent games but he could be a tier higher I guess. He's never been a boss like DK. Mario characters and Pac Man are more platform adventure oriented and probably aren't as strong of fighters. Their enemies just aren't as bad. CFalcon is a bounty hunter but for human-like characters and not huge monsters. His claim to fame is racing, not fighting. These pokemon are weaker than the others and not fully evolved. Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom but she doesn't really do much in the games. Little Mac is a tough boxer but probably couldn't beat huge monsters.
D
:4olimar::4alph::4peach::4zss::4gaw:
Olimar and Alph are explorers and rely on Pikmin to do their dirty work. Peach adventures with Mario sometimes but also gets kidnapped more than any other character ever. She's often shown to be completely helpless. ZSS can only stun enemies with a fully charged paralyzer shot in Metroid Zero Mission. I'm just throwing G&W in here based on the little I know of his games.
E
:4villager::4mii::4drmario::4duckhunt::4miif::4villagerf::4wiifitm::4wiifit:
These characters never actually fight that I'm aware of. WFT is fit but not prepared for an adventure like Peach or Olimar. Villager collects things. Duck Hunt Dog picks up dead ducks. Miis play sports and go to theme parks with stuffed moblins.

The IDK and don't care to look it up tier:
:4myfriends::4marth::4lucina::4robinm::4robinf::4shulk:
Their games have a lot of background and lore. I don't feel confident knowing where to place these characters.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm bored so here's a tier list of how powerful smash 4 characters would be if based on the games they come from. Feel free to disagree, comment or add to it. Many places are based on educated guesses.

S
Although Link beats Ganon in the end, the Trifore of power is by nature the most powerful of the three. Ganon rules over the massive monsters characters like Link and Samus fight. Palutena is a demigoddess. Although she gets rescued by pit and it's hard to tell how much she's BSing Pit about her powers in KI:U, she is still a goddess. She commands Pit and rules from heaven. She doesn't get a tier of her own though. Mewtwo is the most powerful psychic pokemon and often the strongest in the games he's featured. In the movie he's controlled an army of pokemon and conjured a huge storm with one hand. You could argue that fighters like Samus or Link could potentially beat S tiers but they are the 'bosses' the underdogs must rise to overcome.
A
:4link::4tlink::4samus::4lucario::4sonic::4megaman::4darkpit::4pit::4ness::4lucas:
I'm guessing Lucario is a step above the remaining pokemon, IDK. He could be a tier lower. The others are heroes who have proven countless times they stack up with the toughest. Link/TL has beaten monsters like Bongo Bongo, Majora, etc. Link can also wear a tunic that allows him to walk on lava. Samus fights monsters of the same caliber, survive in space and in lava. Sonic has defeated monsters like Perfect Chaos, Time Eater, and huge robots; these seem on par with Metroid monsters. Mega Man's a futurist battle robot who could probably keep up with the rest, he raids trap filled castles and takes down giant boss robots and robot masters. Pit seems about as strong. You could argue he beats full gods like Hades but I'd say only with the powerful armor the forge god made him. I haven't actually played the Earthbound/Mother series but if Ness can save the world and beat freaking Gaigas he and Lucas probably deserve this spot. I'd say the opponents these characters beat regularly are at least as strong as Bowser.
B
:4bowser::4charizard::4greninja::4dk::4metaknight::4dedede::4kirby::4rob::4fox::4falco::4ryu:
Bowser's a big boss but he often ends up teaming with Mario vs a bigger bad. Although several characters here are final bosses they don't seem any tougher than regular boss characters the tier above fights. Charizard and Greninja are lv 3 evolved pokemon and seem like they could fight Bowser but I'm not the most knowledgeable about pokemon. DK and Starfox characters go on adventures but they're not as dire as the tier above. Fox has gone on foot in SFA Dinosaur Planet and SF Assault but seems considerably weaker than Samus. I'm estimating Falco at the same level as Fox. ROB's based off Brawl's Subspace. The Kirby characters are hard to place since they live in a dreamland. I could accept them a tier higher for fighting demons like 02, Dark Mind, etc but they also get hurt by puny Waddle Dees. Dreams are inconsistent and metaphoric. Ryu is a strong tournament fighter but hasn't beaten legions of monsters. He seems super human but I don't want to put him any higher since it's always in a 1 vs 1 fighting style.
C
:4diddy::4luigi::4mario::4pikachu::rosalina::4sheik::4yoshi::4zelda::4pacman::4falcon::4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4wario2::4littlemac:
These characters fight weak enemies like walking mushrooms and aren't on the same level as higher tiers even though they go on adventures. Diddy plays second fiddle to DK in recent games but he could be a tier higher I guess. He's never been a boss like DK. Mario characters and Pac Man are more platform adventure oriented and probably aren't as strong of fighters. Their enemies just aren't as bad. CFalcon is a bounty hunter but for human-like characters and not huge monsters. His claim to fame is racing, not fighting. These pokemon are weaker than the others and not fully evolved. Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom but she doesn't really do much in the games. Little Mac is a tough boxer but probably couldn't beat huge monsters.
D
Olimar and Alph are explorers and rely on Pikmin to do their dirty work. Peach adventures with Mario sometimes but also gets kidnapped more than any other character ever. She's often shown to be completely helpless. ZSS can only stun enemies with a fully charged paralyzer shot in Metroid Zero Mission. I'm just throwing G&W in here based on the little I know of his games.
E
These characters never actually fight that I'm aware of. WFT is fit but not prepared for an adventure like Peach or Olimar. Villager collects things. Duck Hunt Dog picks up dead ducks. Miis play sports and go to theme parks with stuffed moblins.

Their games have a lot of background and lore. I don't feel confident knowing where to place these characters.
not to be a rosalinda cultist but Rosalina is capable of reshaping the universe itself soooooo

We actually don't know if Doc is an out of shape mario or not also if you include the Mario and Luigi games the Mario bros become relatively more powerful

All the Fire Emblem Characters are God Slayers except for Lucina who is still powerful enough to forcibly seal her world's version of the Devil. Robin is essentially a super human as far as I heard the Monado (and as a result) is extremely overpowered

I have played many game and watch games (due to being gifted a collection of them once) and all of them are non combat

Rizen

Smash Legend
Rosalina's hard to judge since she relies on Mario in SMGalaxy and plays like him in 3D World. JRPGs often go into god slaying plots :ohwell:

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Rosalina's hard to judge since she relies on Mario in SMGalaxy and plays like him in 3D World. JRPGs often go into god slaying plots :ohwell:
Rule of thumb if its from an rpg chances are they are ovepowered due to the nature of rpgs

Lucario can oneshot God:
252 Atk Adaptability Lucario Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 400-472 (104.7 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent

S
A
B
C
D
E

Watch the ending of Third Strike where Ryu LIFTS A ****ING MOUNTAIN. He's one of the strongest chars in SF lore but the title goes to Cody from Final Fight who, when he took off his handcuffs, beat Ryu in one move and was FINALLY given a real challenge when ONI happened (you know, 100% insane Akuma). Cody is basically a god without handcuffs.

I'd put Ryu in like, A cause he's ridiculous the more you look up in canon for him.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Watch the ending of Third Strike where Ryu LIFTS A ****ING MOUNTAIN. He's one of the strongest chars in SF lore but the title goes to Cody from Final Fight who, when he took off his handcuffs, beat Ryu in one move and was FINALLY given a real challenge when ONI happened (you know, 100% insane Akuma). Cody is basically a god without handcuffs.

I'd put Ryu in like, A cause he's ridiculous the more you look up in canon for him.
Don't forget that in Ryu's ending in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Ryu beats up a giant monster from Lost Planet with a Tatsumaki and Shoryuken, including Galactus in MvC3 if you count that too. Or does that not count?

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I know I already mentioned Cody from SF in my tangent about Ryu but what the hell, it's just baffling. He fights in handcuffs and can still go toe to toe with Shin Akuma and Oni, what the hell? How is he so strong? He's the main character of final fight but is he REALLY that good? I mean, it's canon at this point (comics and whatnot) but god damn, Cody. No handcuffs Cody should be a secret boss in SFV, he'd be nearly impossible to beat.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
But back to the list itself,
So you know how Lucina came from a doomed future and all that? Well, it's because Grima completely destroyed it. Why does that matter? Because Robin is Grima. In the alternate ending, Lucina is blessed by Naga to kill Grima. It's stated that Grima and Naga aren't technically gods, but just powerful beings. So I'd put them in A.
So Lucas never saw Giygas, but he does control the dark dragon who can end the world and then recreate it after ending it so... typical 12-year old things.
And gorl what are you saying that Zelda doesn't help in the games? I know she helped in the final boss for OoT, Wind Waker, and Spirit Tracks, and there's probably others. She's also the goddess Hylia according to Skyward Sword so she's better than some little monkey and an overweight plumber. This is the Zelda social where we're required to put Zelda in SSS tier in everything so we can get her banned.
I haven't played much of PoR so idk about Ike, and I've never played one of Marth's games.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I know I already mentioned Cody from SF in my tangent about Ryu but what the hell, it's just baffling. He fights in handcuffs and can still go toe to toe with Shin Akuma and Oni, what the hell? How is he so strong? He's the main character of final fight but is he REALLY that good? I mean, it's canon at this point (comics and whatnot) but god damn, Cody. No handcuffs Cody should be a secret boss in SFV, he'd be nearly impossible to beat.
That's what prison life does to you

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

S
A
B
C
D
E

But Pac-Man can eat your soul :troll:

But seriously, he may be a bit stronger than you think. The Pac-Man World series gave him some dumb abilities. Let's start with the butt-bounce and rev roll. To out their power into perspective, Rev roll is a spin dash, and the butt-bounce is a suped-up ground pound.

As for enemies to defeat, Pac-Man has faced gigantic machines
image.jpeg

powerful demons that can freaking uproot part of the town to use as a battlefield
http://youtu.be/wcn4dKpScHM

And machines powered by spectral energy.
http://youtu.be/TtwqoHwrng4

I'm not sure just how strong spectral energy is, but I know that it bends space-time in Pac-Man lore.

For power ups, Pac-Man has things like the electroshock pellet (force lightning), ribbon loop pellet (creates a loop of energy that collapses around the opponent and crushes them), the chrome pellet (can walk on lava and becomes completely invincible) and various other dumb powers from the World Series and ghostly adventures. He even has his own world's version of the chaos emeralds. The golden fruit. They turn him gold and give him the strength to defeat the demon I talked about earlier, spooky. He's no slouch in the intelligence department either considering he knows how to hack machines in Pac-Man world 3.

It is hard to measure his full strength, but I would say he is definitely more powerful than the likes of Mario, luigi, and bowser. He seems to be more on par with pit just because of how stupidly his weapons/abilities were designed.

Edit: I really just typed all of this. I have a problem lol

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm not sure just how strong spectral energy is, but I know that it bends space-time in Pac-Man lore.

For power ups, Pac-Man has things like the electroshock pellet (force lightning), ribbon loop pellet (creates a loop of energy that collapses around the opponent and crushes them), the chrome pellet (can walk on lava and becomes completely invincible) and various other dumb powers from the World Series and ghostly adventures. He even has his own world's version of the chaos emeralds. The golden fruit. They turn him gold and give him the strength to defeat the demon I talked about earlier, spooky. He's no slouch in the intelligence department either considering he knows how to hack machines in Pac-Man world 3.

It is hard to measure his full strength, but I would say he is definitely more powerful than the likes of Mario, luigi, and bowser. He seems to be more on par with pit just because of how stupidly his weapons/abilities were designed.
Those are good points but everything you said sounds like something Mario's done. Mario shoots fire/ice balls, wears a metal cap, gets the crystal stars, uses a power star to become temporarily invulnerable.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Also to note about Dr. Mario, in Dr. Mario 64 he took his own megavitamins by accident and became superhumanly intelligent going by AI standards, Metal Dr. Mario is actually a canon thing!

Fascinating and absolutely pointless, but interesting!

Also I'd put Wario above Mario as he's fought arguably scarier things than Mario has, and is also nigh indestructible in the Wario Land games (most of them). Did I mention he can piledriver a giant dinosaur (Wario World is such a godlike game).

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
But Pac-Man can eat your soul :troll:

But seriously, he may be a bit stronger than you think. The Pac-Man World series gave him some dumb abilities. Let's start with the butt-bounce and rev roll. To out their power into perspective, Rev roll is a spin dash, and the butt-bounce is a suped-up ground pound.

As for enemies to defeat, Pac-Man has faced gigantic machines
View attachment 74798

powerful demons that can freaking uproot part of the town to use as a battlefield
http://youtu.be/wcn4dKpScHM

And machines powered by spectral energy.
http://youtu.be/TtwqoHwrng4

Edit: I really just typed all of this. I have a problem lol
don't forget pacman 256 where he can literally shoot lasers, create tornadoes, and blow up

Top Bottom