• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I mean, yeah. It'd be worthwhile because it would be easier to use and more accessible. I don't know why you guys still post on here as regularly as you do. This site isn't really great for that kind of thing; but if you just want to be "unique" in how you chat with one another, that's fine. I think it would be far cleaner experience, though. Your choice in the end.
I've already explained it and a few others have given their thoughts as well.
Skype groups are fine with like 7 or less people, but a social thread like this with 20ish active members and a few others that pop in and out at times would be too hectic.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Don't go for it. It's better to go for DA.
But...

It doesn't look as cool
PTIWuUc.png

At least I got the timing down for snapping the ledge from above. This will probably be really useful. Hopefully.

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I'm about to leave now ;_;

It's a Tourney Locator stream (Shockwave to be exact) but I doubt I'll make it on stream, lol.
Go gorl! If you find out you'll be on stream ahead of time let us know ASAP and give us a general link or their channel's name.

We'll tune in and be with you in spirit. We'll lend you our Sass energy for the Sass bomb

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Watch me get matched up with someone like Aerolink for my first game

I'll die
Who cares lol

Don't think about who you're playing against. Think about what character you're facing & your gameplan when fighting said character.

But most importantly

DONT BE AFRAID TO LOSE

Don't make me go posting every PPMD/SleepyK quote I can find til I hammer this **** into ya ;_;

Even though I'm probz gonna do it when you get home anyways lololololololol

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Who cares lol

Don't think about who you're playing against. Think about what character you're facing & your gameplan when fighting said character.

But most importantly

DONT BE AFRAID TO LOSE

Don't make me go posting every PPMD/SleepyK quote I can find til I hammer this **** into ya ;_;

Even though I'm probz gonna do it when you get home anyways lololololololol
I'll be sure to keep this in mind. I'm gonna try and just act calm and semi-confident (I don't want to come off as rude or anything). Thanks gorl.
The players to watch out for are

Mew^2:4mewtwo:
Aerolink:4palutena::rosalina:
Hyrule Hero:4link:
Dakpo:4zss::4luigi:
Karna:4sheik:
Denti:4sheik::4olimar::4yoshi:
F2P Gibus:4lucario::4greninja:
Hmm...some of these are a little concerning. I have little experience vs MewTwo, Palutena, and Olimar. Zero Suit and Luigi are definitely gonna be tough, especially ZSS. Lucario and Greninja are just meh. Sheik will probably be trouble, but I know a little more about her than the others.

Thanks for the tips gorl.

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Aerolink relies heavily on jab reset > grab game. From what I've noticed anyways, if that helps.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I'll be sure to keep this in mind. I'm gonna try and just act calm and semi-confident (I don't want to come off as rude or anything). Thanks gorl.

Hmm...some of these are a little concerning. I have little experience vs MewTwo, Palutena, and Olimar. Zero Suit and Luigi are definitely gonna be tough, especially ZSS. Lucario and Greninja are just meh. Sheik will probably be trouble, but I know a little more about her than the others.

Thanks for the tips gorl.
I'm already compiling a giant ass post to you as we speak btw

image.jpg

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
KIU Spoilers
Palutena isn't really that powerful. She's actually one of the easier boss fights in the game... Although the point of her boss fight is to not hit her. She's actually quite frail, and one-shotting her on accident is pretty common. She can summon giant lazers that could obliterate something the size of Kraid, but that requires an actual minute of charge time.
Doesn't she also transform Pit into a ring though? If she can turn people into inanimate objects, she basically automatically wins lol.

Also wasn't she severely weakened by trying to stop the Chaos Kin from taking her soul for 3 years? I don't think her "fragility" in that boss bottle is really indicative of her power, to be honest.

We don't really know how powerful she really is, but she's certainly more powerful than Pit -- whose abilities are almost entirely granted by Palutena -- and since she can transform people into objects, seemingly teleport objects to Pit to aid him, and obliterate giant monsters with blasts of light while not even being present on the battlefield, she seems to be a lot more powerful than any other character in Sm4sh, in my opinion

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
At least I still have an hour of sitting in a car and thinking about how to handle bad MUs and stuff.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Should we raid her agent? I mean at this point, we're kind of obligated to :secretkpop:

So after like 5 minutes of looking it up on google, I'm pretty sure I know who she is. I'm going to check with my friend who actually listens to kpop :^)

omg i can't
"She’s known as a ‘bagel’ (yes like the food). ‘Bagel’ is a nickname in Korea for girls with a baby face, and glamorous body. Ba+Gl=Bagel."

SECRETBAGELPOP

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
So my tournament match has been posted. If anyone watches, can they give me advice on my characters?

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
At least I still have an hour of sitting in a car and thinking about how to handle bad MUs and stuff.
Just don't get too worried about anything. At my 45 man tourney I just got in the car and jammed, avoided thinking about the game too much. Anxiety is the worst thing you can build before starting your sets.

Admittedly I got very lucky with the seeding. I went up against a Sheik of roughly my level and she was a very sweethearted girl which helped me avoid freaking out. My hands were still shaking after our very close second stock 2-1 match... But like the other gorl said, just remember they're people who play the game like you.

I remember thinking I'd be up against people that just wreck and body and pull Nairo/Zero shenanigans, but once the games actually started it became a lot easier and relaxed when I just played the game like I would any other person. I even 2-stocked the winner's bracket > eventual losers bracket finalist guy the first round with lightning kicks. They're just people. And people can be read :secretkpop:

Also I draw energy from crowds. When I got a lightning kick KO on the ness, everyone was doing the whole "OOOHHHHH DAAAAAMNNNN WE GOT A ZELDA." I can guarantee that unless there's a local fan favorite, playing Zelda is guaranteed to make you the crowd favorite. Use that energy. (Alternatively it's like they aren't even there if that freaks you out; the games get waaay intense. I only noticed them after KOs)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm gonna have to go now since my phone is at 20% and I need to make this last 6 more hours, lol. Thanks for all the advice!

BAN•ZELDA:4zelda:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Doesn't she also transform Pit into a ring though? If she can turn people into inanimate objects, she basically automatically wins lol.

Also wasn't she severely weakened by trying to stop the Chaos Kin from taking her soul for 3 years? I don't think her "fragility" in that boss bottle is really indicative of her power, to be honest.

We don't really know how powerful she really is, but she's certainly more powerful than Pit -- whose abilities are almost entirely granted by Palutena -- and since she can transform people into objects, seemingly teleport objects to Pit to aid him, and obliterate giant monsters with blasts of light while not even being present on the battlefield, she seems to be a lot more powerful than any other character in Sm4sh, in my opinion
Turning Pit into a ring was the Chaos Kin's doing, and Palutena implies that she was showing off her strength during that fight in her reveal trailer. The powers she grants aren't special outside of the somewhat limited power of flight.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'm gonna have to go now since my phone is at 20% and I need to make this last 6 more hours, lol. Thanks for all the advice!

BAN•ZELDA:4zelda:
No wait before you leave I need to tell you to main Sheik!

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
So my tournament match has been posted. If anyone watches, can they give me advice on my characters?
There's a video feedback thread where @Zylach provides incredible feedback in. That's more the place for asking for advice and such, but I still took a look!

Both of your characters lack mobility. It's partly patience (wanting your opponent to do something you can punish) but often you'd empty hop and then just stay in place for a few seconds. In live matches against serious opponents, that makes you easier to target. I also noticed a lack of fast falling (though admittedly you were avoiding the air for the most part.) You also don't follow up if it's not guaranteed. This can be a really good habit but sometimes a risk is worth it. Such as when you'd pop the Ryu in the air you'd go for a fair/nair against him and then back off so he wasn't really pressured.

The Pacman also started adapting to your rolls pretty hard like the commentators pointed out; he started waiting for it and then dash attacking into you.

Last bit of specifics I noticed is that you have a similar habit I do which is to use NL if they try to approach; that's our worst option in the Neutral game because it's so laggy that if they end up rolling back and faking you out, you'll get punished hard. It's a good "back off" or follow up tool out of nair, and CAN stop approaches, but against "Real" opponents that are faking aggression it's really dangerous to use. I have this exact same habit ><.

Otherwise great job avoiding the air game as Zelda. I feel like you kinda avoided it TOO hard (Pacmans air game is worse than ours, imo) but you stayed grounded really really well against him. And didn't give up; actually got him up to kill %, excellent adaptation of patience towards the end.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
So I found a random car charger

We livin'
I was about to remind you it's 2015 and we have the technology for "mobile chargers."

You planning to go full ham Zelda only, or bail out after a loss to fall back on someone less sassy :4zelda:

Not that playing to win in tournaments isn't respectable.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I was about to remind you it's 2015 and we have the technology for "mobile chargers."

You planning to go full ham Zelda only, or bail out after a loss to fall back on someone less sassy :4zelda:

Not that playing to win in tournaments isn't respectable.
Zelda only.

Always.
Stealing is not ok. Just because they left their car unlocked in a public parking lot does NOT mean it is yours!
L
O
L

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Turning Pit into a ring was the Chaos Kin's doing, and Palutena implies that she was showing off her strength during that fight in her reveal trailer. The powers she grants aren't special outside of the somewhat limited power of flight.
But do we know it was the Chaos Kin's power or if he controlled Palutena and used her power to do it?

What I was getting at is that she can summon/teleport objects and grant Pit powers while she's nowhere near his location. She can also basically nuke a monster from heaven lol. Influence like that suggests a lot of power.

In Chapter 21, Viridi mentioned Palutena being strong enough to resist the Chaos Kin for 3 years. "Palutena resisted being consumed for over 3 years. I have to hand it to her -- that takes a certain strength of will. She was waiting for you to return, Pit. I'm sure she used every last ounce of her strength to resist."

The Palutena Pit fights is severely weakened, so using that fight to say she isn't very powerful isn't fair.

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Rickster Rickster I left the tourney stream on Twitch running in a tab. Looks like they're starting any minute now. Best of luck! Gonna watch the stream because I'm bored of watching replays while eating my dinner of goldfish and milk. Hope to see some Zelda.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Rickster Rickster I left the tourney stream on Twitch running in a tab. Looks like they're starting any minute now. Best of luck! Gonna watch the stream because I'm bored of watching replays while eating my dinner of goldfish and milk. Hope to see some Zelda.
you eat actual goldfish?!

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Anything Palutena can do, Viridi can do better. Even her menu is better.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
you eat actual goldfish?!
Goldfish are just furniture, silly.

Edit: Macchiato Macchiato I wanna strangle the guy on the left. He talks with such an elitist "Yeah well, IIIIIIIIIIII was... BACK WHEN IIIII was.... Yea, that guy was SOOOO bad when I played... Yeah IIII Helped this guy...."

I want to backhand him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom