• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
You know, I've never been to a gym before. It just seems so out of my element and being there with so many adults and that I'd probably see some some other students that I really don't like in the one place I'm actually worse at something than them (besides making friends and being shy and socially awkward.)

EDIT: Big Ten? You mean like collages and stuff?
Hey I'm in the same position as you. I just took a leap of faith and made the plunge recently. It's so hard initially but once I somewhat got over the gym fear, things got a lot better :)

Speaking of awkward, a group of friends invited an old schoolmate who is so awkward to an Indian dinner. I tried so hard to get him to talk about stuff he's into... but in the end I'm told I was kinda an asshole to him and that it all felt like an interview. Like he is so bad at interaction, he tells us stupid stories about his gender confusion episodes and how his parents caught him and stuff. He talks so... academically it's kinda sad :( It was hilarious for us (not the awkward guy) but I still felt a bit bad. What's worse, we went for shaved ice and alcohol once we finished food without him. (@ micstar615 micstar615 @SBphiloz4 we seriously gotta do something like shaved ice and soju sometime!)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
No social life during school is a choice.
No money sucks at any point of life

Latte

Smash Ace
ascsmasdaoijkjiskdmskflams studying for ACT is ugly.

I'm going to go slack off and procrastinate instead!!1!!!!!1! :-DDDDD

Also, great job, @ Alacion Alacion for going to the gym. Keep it up! I've always been far too nervous to go to a gym.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Yes @ Alacion Alacion we need to hangout again soon! I've been super busy but I will hopefully have some free time near the end of the month :) and that sucks about dinner being awkward with that friend, some people are just not great at interacting, at least you were trying!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yes @ Alacion Alacion we need to hangout again soon! I've been super busy but I will hopefully have some free time near the end of the month :) and that sucks about dinner being awkward with that friend, some people are just not great at interacting, at least you were trying!
Yeah! I fell in love with Midam's (http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/14/1488...ariboo-Lougheed/Midam-Rice-Cake-House-Burnaby). Lots of spicy food (and not) and great desserts. Always buzzing with people at all hours.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wtf is a rice cake?
Well, there's mochi, but that's Japanese. I guess this is like rice krispies which are crunchier while mochi is chewy.

There was an anime about a mochi maker called Tamako Market if anyone's interested. It's made by the same people who did K-On. It's cute anime to watch and relax.

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
@Fernosaur Can i see your signature's image?

also 11 more posts till palutena board is done guys you must take the 200th post for Zelda. Off 2 bed.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Ohh okay. I love lassi, kulfi, and this one pastry with silver edges. My all time favourite though would be ras malai. <3
Lassi is just milkshake with a spice or two. Rasmalai is awesome.

I highly recommend you try Gulab Jamun and/or Rasgullah next time you go for Indian cuisine.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Lassi is just milkshake with a spice or two. Rasmalai is awesome.

I highly recommend you try Gulab Jamun and/or Rasgullah next time you go for Indian cuisine.
I will have to explore menus because those two are not familiar to me at all.

After googling, I have tried Gulab Jamun. It is super heavy... tasty but I wouldn't choose that over the others I listed. An Indian coworker of mine knew I love the cuisine and surprised me with a sampler of it. I will make a mental note for Rasgullah. Can I assume you're Indian? :p

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
After googling, I have tried Gulab Jamun. It is super heavy... tasty but I wouldn't choose that over the others I listed. An Indian coworker of mine knew I love the cuisine and surprised me with a sampler of it. I will make a mental note for Rasgullah.
Yeah, Gulab Jamun is packing a nice amount of calories. Very syrupy. Best ate sparingly, considering you're seriously working out at a gym.

Can I assume you're Indian? :p
Pakistani. :smirk:

Both of my parents were born there and raised in the States, but I was born and raised in the States. I bleed red, white, and blue.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Gulab Jamun is so good!! My mom takes me to this place where they make it with this yummy batter like filling! Indian sweets are hit and miss for me!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
My understanding is that lifting -> more muscles -> burn more calories -> more sweets.

Good deal right?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
My understanding is that lifting -> more muscles -> burn more calories -> more sweets.

Good deal right?
Unless you're me and you have an intolerance for sweets and really fatty foods.

Spicy, savory, salty, bitter, and sour on the other hand is fine.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Unless you're me and you have an intolerance for sweets and really fatty foods.

Spicy, savory, salty, bitter, and sour on the other hand is fine.
Aww that's a shame :( The other end of that spectrum is better anyway!

micstar615

Smash Ace

Good deal right?
Lmao! Well if you're lifting your body will be using the food you eat to build muscle so your metabolism will increase but you still don't want to eat too many sweets because too much will get stored as fat :3

My friend and I went to seven 11 today and got a bag of candy :143:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
There's a somewhat inexpensive place for high tea in Aberdeen. Never had high tea before but I'd love to try.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Aww that's a shame :( The other end of that spectrum is better anyway!
For one, I offend like... Every culture because everyone and their mom loves sweets. I don't which leads me to liking dark chocolate, black coffee, and regular tea. I mean, if it slightly sweet, then whatever, but that's not the case for pretty much anything sweet. Thai ice tea? Sure. Cake? Hell no. I don't want vomit that up, but I don't want to offend people on their birthdays. And I rarely have dessert since there's no point.

Sweet fruits are fine for some reason. It's like I prefer natural sweets or something.

It's steamed rice cake. Filipinos call it Puto in a similar manner that there's a same rice cake dish called Puttu by Indians
They remind me of a Chinese cake. I don't know the name, but I remember seeing it during Chinese New Year.

Also, isn't puto also a swear word in Spanish? Blame my Mexican friends in middle school. Pendejo and gordito are the only other words I know in Spanish aside from hola, chico, amigo, huevos, bueno, and aqui.

Last edited:
Also, isn't puto also a swear word in Spanish? Blame my Mexican friends in middle school. Pendejo and gordito are the only other words I know in Spanish aside from hola, chico, amigo, huevos, bueno, and aqui.
Idk about Puto. I know "Puta" though which means female prostitute.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
For one, I offend like... Every culture because everyone and their mom loves sweets. I don't which leads me to liking dark chocolate, black coffee, and regular tea. I mean, if it slightly sweet, then whatever, but that's not the case for pretty much anything sweet. Thai ice tea? Sure. Cake? Hell no. I don't want vomit that up, but I don't want to offend people on their birthdays. And I rarely have dessert since there's no point.

Sweet fruits are fine for some reason. It's like I prefer natural sweets or something.

They remind me of a Chinese cake. I don't know the name, but I remember seeing it during Chinese New Year.
This? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_sugar_sponge_cake

I like dark chocolate. I also get my coffee black not that double double nonsense. I also say no to caramel macciatos but I like my chai lattes and mochas. (See what I did there?)

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The more you put in your coffee, the less coffee you're actually drinking.

I still prefer a little sweetener in my coffee or tea at the very least, though.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
We can't not raid though, hopefully more people will come as we get closer to the direct..

Top Bottom