• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
We pretty much got that in HW.... Minus the start of the game.
We only got Ganondorf as a playable character in a spin-off Zelda game. I'm asking for a Zelda game where you're Ganondorf for like the first half or third of the game before playing as Link. To make it even more interesting, trailers of it should be like what Hideo Kojima did with Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty where you only saw the parts where Snake was in, so when you actually play it, you'll be confused and excited at the same time. Well, in this case, but not MGS2 since people hated Raiden. I was also thinking that the game should start during a sandstorm or something so Ganondorf's face is obscured until say, 10 to 30 minutes into the game.

People do complain about companies and developers not taking risks, well this would make it seem like the same old thing until people play it. Oh, it'll sell 'cause it's Zelda, but it might sell even more when people start freaking out after it's released. To be safe, this would need a unified release date rather than what - I don't know why games are still being released on different dates in different countries - happened to SSB4.

I'd like to play a game where your demise in his early years. Cause I gotta know, Why you so mad bro? is it cause you look like a street fighter character? Did goddess Zelda make fun of you on the play ground?
This reminds me of Asura's Wrath except you're playing as a bad guy or even Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Demise would make for a cool hack 'n' slash spin-off where it's more combat-based than puzzle, level, and world-based. Hmm... Platinum Games would be a good developer for this.

Last edited:

Farorae

Smash Ace
No matter how hard I try to push zelda away, like how she pushes people out of her fsmash, I always end up getting sucked back in, unlike her fsmash.

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
So I was doing some FW edge-cancelling tests today, and discovered that on non-omega Prism tower, during the 2nd and 3rd portions where the middle platform gets smaller, Zelda can actually just stand at one edge, and FW edge-cancel to the other edge. No complex reference points, it's incredibly easy to do, and kind of fun lol.
This is probably pretty obvious but I was messing around with edge-cancelling too and found that because of how FW rides surfaces you can do it from more than just slightly off centre of the stage. For example, if you do a full double jump somewhat near the ledge and FW straight down you'll ride the stage the rest of the way you're facing and it'll cancel if you get it in the right place.

I tested on Skyloft omega because the stage has markings at regular intervals that can serve as reference points.

Farorae

Smash Ace
Random question, but do you think Zelda could use Sheik's ninja skillz to a somewhat lesser degree as Zelda?
what do you mean? Like in her smash move set? Or would the character Zelda herself be able to do what she does as sheik?

If you mean as the character then I think, yes, she could use some of sheik's abilities.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Random question, but do you think Zelda could use Sheik's ninja skillz to a somewhat lesser degree as Zelda?
Honey, she ain't gonna do **** in that dress, but she got pants so... Sure, why not? :p

Sheik was just a disguise for OoT and HW Zelda; I can't see why she wouldn't be able to fight like Sheik.

Edit: It's like when Cloud had to cross-dress. Sure, it might be hard to move around for him, but Cloud would probably be able to fight and fabulously at that. :p

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Honey, she ain't gonna do **** in that dress, but she got pants so... Sure, why not? :p

Sheik was just a disguise for OoT and HW Zelda; I can't see why she wouldn't be able to fight like Sheik.

Edit: It's like when Cloud had to cross-dress. Sure, it might be hard to move around for him, but Cloud would probably be able to fight and fabulously at that. :p
If so, I am absolutely outraged that Sakuratena refuses to give Zelda Sheik f-airs decked out with fabulous magical explosions.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If so, I am absolutely outraged that Sakuratena refuses to give Zelda Sheik f-airs decked out with fabulous magical explosions.
But isn't Zelda trying to keep a low profile? If he finds out, then Sheik will join the bottom tiers. :p

Cenizas

3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
If the classy, regal, magic-using Zelda I main is gonna be bottom tier, the trapped-in-a-woman-body-reverse-drag Zelda sure as hell better be bottom too.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Without me, there would be no optimism.
Shes not bad. She's mid. Ugh you guys are probably saying this as tradition
I changed my opinion some...I think she can be in the lower part of Mid now.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Berserker. Berserker. Oooh those are some nice combos. I honestly haven't played much Shulk lately, been using the Villager almost exclusively to actually call him the MAIN, but I think I'll pick Shulk up later as a mainish secondary :O

Yes
Don't bring that Match up those were 40% kills.
Just look at how impossible it is to get up from the ledge man. Zelda's recovery may be good, but honestly the complete lack of get up options literally make it impossible for her to get back without getting punished. I'm honestly pretty sure you're basing your assumptions about this match up on that one match Nairo had against that other Rosalina, which is the same thing you're asking me not to do with this video.

Also why am I not taking my own advice and just letting you roll with it? We'll never know.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The only characters I've ever heard anyone call worse than mid are mii swordfighter and samus.

Mid may as well be low.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
To be fair don't all the other chars have problems getting up from the ledge too if Rosa and Luma are spamming jab? I think our best option is to maybe drop off the ledge and teleport to center stage. I mean, what other choices do we have?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Berserker. Berserker. Oooh those are some nice combos. I honestly haven't played much Shulk lately, been using the Villager almost exclusively to actually call him the MAIN, but I think I'll pick Shulk up later as a mainish secondary :O

Just look at how impossible it is to get up from the ledge man. Zelda's recovery may be good, but honestly the complete lack of get up options literally make it impossible for her to get back without getting punished. I'm honestly pretty sure you're basing your assumptions about this match up on that one match Nairo had against that other Rosalina, which is the same thing you're asking me not to do with this video.

Also why am I not taking my own advice and just letting you roll with it? We'll never know.
You can drop from the ledge and fair and uair. No I'm not basing it on that video. If you go back in the social you can see a comment from salad bowl (me) saying "I actually think zelda has an advantage over rosalina"

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I don't think Uairing would be a good idea. That's a free Bair/Dtilt/Dsmash/Dair....anything for them, due to no invincibility. It would be a better idea to uair with our second jump, and THEN Farore's to the ledge. Gives them time to set up that 1 frame vulnerability thing, but it's safer than a ledgedrop.

EDIT: You could drop and uair if they're charging a smash since it's usually safe. But idk why they would be that close to the edge doing that...

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I don't think Uairing would be a good idea. That's a free Bair/Dtilt/Dsmash/Dair....anything for them, due to no invincibility. It would be a better idea to uair with our second jump, and THEN Farore's to the ledge. Gives them time to set up that 1 frame vulnerability thing, but it's safer than a ledgedrop.

EDIT: You could drop and uair if they're charging a smash since it's usually safe. But idk why they would be that close to the edge doing that...
Yeah but like almost no one can get back to the stage against Rosie except characters with 6 jumps

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Yeah but like almost no one can get back to the stage against Rosie except characters with 6 jumps
...didn't I say that?
To be fair don't all the other chars have problems getting up from the ledge too if Rosa and Luma are spamming jab? I think our best option is to maybe drop off the ledge and teleport to center stage. I mean, what other choices do we have?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I mean, compared to other high tier characters, Rosalina is a lot more manageable of a MU in comparison. Gotta keep her on her toes and pressure her offstage game. And honestly, Diddy is also an unfavourable MU, but also isn't that bad IMO.

But characters like Sheik, Falcon, and Yoshi give a huge headache. And going in the lower tiers, Marth and Little Mac are awful as well.

Can't wait for the greetings to the seaweed hair queen. :3

Cenizas

3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Without me, there would be no optimism.
Shes not bad. She's mid. Ugh you guys are probably saying this as tradition
Personally, I don't feel she's a bad character. The thing is though, there are so many obvious flaws with her. From Din's Fire and the weird traveling mechanics behind FW, and falling of out her smashes. Although I have no experience in previous smashes, let me give you an example. Zelda and her alter ego were made for each other in the sense that Sheik was made to rack up damage with low kill potential, and Zelda had a lot firepower with little to no combo potential. When they separated the two, Sheik was given more damage potential with the grenades, and a kill move in bouncing fish. Zelda, on the other hand, had her kill power nerfed, by condensing it all into the elevator, which requires at least slightly less hard reading and finesse compared to lightning kick, which at least only needs one hit to kill, unlike the elevator which requires two reads to kill. Also, the phantom does not compliment Zelda's flaws like how bouncing fish does. It's just another projectile that hits like a truck, but requires hard prediction and it can't even be stored. If Sakuratena really wanted to improve Zelda, they would've given her something safe, reliable, spammable, and could provide set-up and force approaches. But, Sakuratena still did really well balancing the game, and can still do well if he wanted to with patches.
And Zelda is a good character and tournament viable. Yet, until more is done, she will be bad by comparison. But we all love Zelda no matter how she is, or else there wouldn't be us, who care about her so much. And I believe anyone can make anyone work, no matter how bad a person may be.

EDIT: My god Macchiato you've changed profiles like 3 times while I've been writing this thing.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wii Fit Trainer could jump back and use her Header or Sun Salutation, Falco could use his Reflector, (Dark) Pit could use his Side Special or Power of Flight, and Ike's Aether goes through stages. These are moves that can hit both Rosalina and Luma, bypass them edgeguarding, or hit Rosalina.

Peach could float above, Jigglypuff and Kirby can probably jump above, Sheik and ZSS could avoid them with Vanish, Bouncing Fish, and Flip Jump, Meta Knight's Drill Rush can go through them, but it's telegraphed, same with Luigi and Doctor Tornado, Spinning Kong, and Flying Fortress, but they need that to recover, and Palutena could Warp pass or Reflect Barrier to push them back, but it's incredibly risky due to the end lag which could cause Pally to be too far down to recover.

And then there's the Villager.

It's mostly the stupid Luma being off-stage and being an adorable nuisance.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Oh yeah, something surprising happened today when talking to a friend who's not very good at Smash...

Friend: "So after I went to a friend's house and watched a bit of anime, we played Smash."
Me: "Did you kick butt?"
F: "Yeeeep!"
M: *assuming he played Samus and spams Charge Shot*
F: "... with Zelda."
M: "... what."
F: "You know that crystal move? A reflector AND a physical move? Too strong, man."
M: "... Uhhh--"
F: "Oh, and you know that elevator move you taught me? Got sooooo many kills with that, it's so good."
M: "...."

I think I brought my poor friend to the dark side of Smash by accident.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Does Rosa's jab really stuff that many ledge getups? I swear I have people ledge attack or roll through it every time I try it.

Oh yeah, something surprising happened today when talking to a friend who's not very good at Smash...

Friend: "So after I went to a friend's house and watched a bit of anime, we played Smash."
Me: "Did you kick butt?"
F: "Yeeeep!"
M: *assuming he played Samus and spams Charge Shot*
F: "... with Zelda."
M: "... what."
F: "You know that crystal move? A reflector AND a physical move? Too strong, man."
M: "... Uhhh--"
F: "Oh, and you know that elevator move you taught me? Got sooooo many kills with that, it's so good."
M: "...."

I think I brought my poor friend to the dark side of Smash by accident.
Zelda for top tier, neutralB is unbeatable.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Does Rosa's jab really stuff that many ledge getups? I swear I have people ledge attack or roll through it every time I try it.

Zelda for top tier, neutralB is unbeatable.
I-frames for the win!

I think it's more of using Luma Shot to position Luma and having Luma be a cute obstacle forcing you to find a way to kill it (and cause a horrible death scream from a star critter), go over it, or go under it. Going under is fine, but some characters don't have that great of a vertical recovery and while falling, it might make it even worse. Going over is ideal until the little brat uppercuts you or you end up landing in front of Rosalina instead of grabbing the ledge.

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Personally, I don't feel she's a bad character. The thing is though, there are so many obvious flaws with her. From Din's Fire and the weird traveling mechanics behind FW, and falling of out her smashes. Although I have no experience in previous smashes, let me give you an example. Zelda and her alter ego were made for each other in the sense that Sheik was made to rack up damage with low kill potential, and Zelda had a lot firepower with little to no combo potential. When they separated the two, Sheik was given more damage potential with the grenades, and a kill move in bouncing fish. Zelda, on the other hand, had her kill power nerfed, by condensing it all into the elevator, which requires at least slightly less hard reading and finesse compared to lightning kick, which at least only needs one hit to kill, unlike the elevator which requires two reads to kill. Also, the phantom does not compliment Zelda's flaws like how bouncing fish does. It's just another projectile that hits like a truck, but requires hard prediction and it can't even be stored. If Sakuratena really wanted to improve Zelda, they would've given her something safe, reliable, spammable, and could provide set-up and force approaches. But, Sakuratena still did really well balancing the game, and can still do well if he wanted to with patches.
And Zelda is a good character and tournament viable. Yet, until more is done, she will be bad by comparison. But we all love Zelda no matter how she is, or else there wouldn't be us, who care about her so much. And I believe anyone can make anyone work, no matter how bad a person may be.

EDIT: My god Macchiato you've changed profiles like 3 times while I've been writing this thing.
honestly the weird traveling mechanics behind Faroes are part of what make it great its kill potential aside. Zelda can go almost anywhere offstage and come back to the ledge at least. i think the only thing that would make it better is if we could shorten it by pressing B or something while teleporting which could help in avoiding the LOLFaroes moments of SDs.

To me Phantom is a great idea its just flawed in its design for this game. like why does it only take 13% to destroy something that is supposed to be a wall? especially on charge up Phantom should have more HP. being reflectable is just like a final kick in the vag.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Death @ Sakuratena

Also why is school a thing?

Also I don't think that new frame cancelling tech benefits Zelda

Also Rosalina squashes Zelda like a bug but not as hard as other characters do. Zelda's sweetspot oriented playstyle is good against RoLu, and Zelda can deal with Luma easily with Din's and Phantom. However Rosa just has more stage control over Zelda with her disjointed attacks and wonderful range.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
School is a thing so you don't spend your time either working (no social life) or being a parasite (no money).

Top Bottom