• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

D

Deleted member

Rosalina hasn't been much trouble for me, but I haven't played that many Rosa mains cx. I only really have played Rosa's on FG and they're kinda meh cx.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
All she really has is..Fsmash. Usmash is decent too I guess. Even then I don't think they're super strong. As far as I know her aerials are only dangerous at really high %s (or sweetspotted uair/dair). Luma shot probably won't ever hit fully charged, and we can reflect it.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
It pains my soul to know that we probably won't see Zelda Wii U tomorrow............ Sigh.........

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
All she really has is..Fsmash. Usmash is decent too I guess. Even then I don't think they're super strong. As far as I know her aerials are only dangerous at really high %s (or sweetspotted uair/dair). Luma shot probably won't ever hit fully charged, and we can reflect it.
I think you're underestimating Rosalina.
Nair is an incredible spacing tool and up-air can kill quite early plus it has a disjointed hitbox.
If she doesn't have Luma then her smashes lose some of their kill potential but they're still better then Zelda's.
Of course, elevator kills really early.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
I may be outta line as someone who isn't good w/ Zelda,
but alot of what I'm reading + watching is showing that Zelda has to play Rosa's game due to Rosa's Pressure.

Not sure how well Zelda manages it as I've yet to try, but the replays seem to say no with the Luma + Positioning setups just making it very difficult for Zelda to get in especially if she forces Zelda into the Air with her terribad Aerial Lag :s

Feel free to correct anything I'm saying btw, just attempting give some input ^^

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Maybe even a title and a look at sword combat no! Gah! I am going to be so disappointed tomorrow! WHYYYY
I can just keep staring at that beautiful open world and be happy for a few more months..

Lozjam

Smash Champion
If they announce a new Metroid I'll be so happy. Metroid V maybe D:?
Metroid is completely out of the question until E3. Metroid probably isn't coming out until 2016 anyway. If they are going to show something "new" it's going to be Star Fox.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
We'll probably see a good amount of Xenoblade X footage, that's all I'm excited about.

Smash gave Metroid some life, after the atrocity that was Other M it seemed Metroid would join the ranks of F-Zero and Earthbound.

Farorae

Smash Ace
I thought it was just spring games? Which doesn't even include star fox and much less zelda. It's possible but usually when they say the games will be from a certain time frame, they are and it's just those...and they're all announced basically.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I can just keep staring at that beautiful open world and be happy for a few more months..
I really want to hear some it's music though, I would even take the GA footage just taken with a capture card.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm still hoping (fruitlessly) for a Zelda game where in the beginning you play as Ganondorf and after you get the Triforce which obviously breaks and only the Triforce of Power stays with Ganondorf, you play as Link for the remainder of the game. It's like the fall of a hero and rise of another sort of deal. It would be even more interesting if that Link was raised by the Gerudo and maybe even starts with one of Ganondorf's swords before getting the Master Sword. Oh well... Dreams sometimes never come true.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe even a title and a look at sword combat no! Gah! I am going to be so disappointed tomorrow! WHYYYY
I always think Directs aren't gonna have any, like, BIG stuff but a lot of times they do and I regret thinking the Directs wouldn't impress cx. Just don't feel like you'll be disappointed, try to stay positive :p

OOOH I FEEL LIKE A GOOD HELPER PERSON THING but I'm bad at it haha.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I am very excited about that world, I hope it's as beautiful as TP

Fixed. Come on, we're all about bad memes and sass. We gotta rise up to the occasion and set the bar of our quota.
I stopped giving out sass after I saw this horse out do me

You mean " With Friends " ? ( I'm new to alot here sorry )
If so, I'll play a bit ( I'm not very good tho lol ).

EDIT: " editnvm " oh :s
you mean for friend
for friends mode.jpg

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got a little time to play on AiB today. Quick Q, how do you guys escape combos? The hitstun is much higher and DI worse in SSB4. I keep thinking I can SDI out or something.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
What little battle music there was in the gameplay demo sounded goofy.
It's a lot better in the Japanese version of the trailer, but I still want something more tangible than that. We are probably going to have to wait for E3 to see any more for Zelda Wii U

I'm still hoping (fruitlessly) for a Zelda game where in the beginning you play as Ganondorf and after you get the Triforce which obviously breaks and only the Triforce of Power stays with Ganondorf, you play as Link for the remainder of the game. It's like the fall of a hero and rise of another sort of deal. It would be even more interesting if that Link was raised by the Gerudo and maybe even starts with one of Ganondorf's swords before getting the Master Sword. Oh well... Dreams sometimes never come true.
We pretty much got that in HW.... Minus the start of the game.
We'll probably see a good amount of Xenoblade X footage, that's all I'm excited about.

Smash gave Metroid some life, after the atrocity that was Other M it seemed Metroid would join the ranks of F-Zero and Earthbound.
Retro is making Metroid. I would bet anything they are.
Xenoblade FTW

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'd like to play a game where your demise in his early years. Cause I gotta know, Why you so mad bro? is it cause you look like a street fighter character? Did goddess Zelda make fun of you on the play ground?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I think you're underestimating Rosalina.
Nair is an incredible spacing tool and up-air can kill quite early plus it has a disjointed hitbox.
If she doesn't have Luma then her smashes lose some of their kill potential but they're still better then Zelda's.
Of course, elevator kills really early.
I might be underestimating some. Going off of some Rosalinas I've faced and watched videos of, I came to the conclusion that she's rather weak without Luma.

And yeah, dealing with nair sucks. At least the hitbox is somewhat delayed so you can try a SH nair or something if they mis-time it.

I still say that her KO potential alone is just average. But it's better than I thought. Thanks for the correction.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Imo... Rosalina > Zelda in terms of ground game. Rosalina > Zelda in general. Don't blink but Rosalina can harass Zelda as much as Zelda can on Rosalina when recovering.

Sooo I had my assessment today. I'm deemed to be in enough shape to be at the gym. I was asked "What are your fitness goals?"...to which I responded "Oh, I'm not sure." On the form, the trainer puts "strength training" immediately after. My arms are so sore and I could barely manage to shower. I'm also a huge weakling. :(

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I don't think any of Rosa's solo moves really have much KO potential, a lot of it's with Luma.

Well, uair might, but it's always so stale for me I rarely see it happen. Most of my solo Rosa KOs are either OoS usmash (>130%), rapid jab at the ledge over 150%, or dair spikes.

Luma has a lot of KO power though, that fsmash is huge and KOs so early, and his usmash kills something like 20% sooner. Luma's jab3 is also a KO move. Dair and sweetspot utilt can kill early with rage too because of their high base knockback; I actually KO'd a 0% Shulk with Luma's dair last night when I was over 170% and he jumped offstage to try and edgeguard me lmao

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
I haven't been to the gym since last summer. Stuck to my Iron Gym and weights to keep my shoulders and arms, but my endurance and stamina has gone down the drain.

It's times like these when I miss my high school years. Or regret that I could have earned a scholarship to a Big Ten school had I been a better cornerback. I'm still at a Big Ten school, ironically enough, but I'm not on the team.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Imo... Rosalina > Zelda in terms of ground game. Rosalina > Zelda in general. Don't blink but Rosalina can harass Zelda as much as Zelda can on Rosalina when recovering.

Sooo I had my assessment today. I'm deemed to be in enough shape to be at the gym. I was asked "What are your fitness goals?"...to which I responded "Oh, I'm not sure." On the form, the trainer puts "strength training" immediately after. My arms are so sore and I could barely manage to shower. I'm also a huge weakling. :(
Imo Zelda beats her in ground game and offstage game. Rosie beats her aerial game and killing. Offstage Rosie is legit a sitting duck.

Good job on working out, I'm glad that it's working out for you. Trust me it'll be difficult in the start but it'll be worth it.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
You know, I've never been to a gym before. It just seems so out of my element and being there with so many adults and that I'd probably see some some other students that I really don't like in the one place I'm actually worse at something than them (besides making friends and being shy and socially awkward.)

EDIT: Big Ten? You mean like collages and stuff?

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I was doing some FW edge-cancelling tests today, and discovered that on non-omega Prism tower, during the 2nd and 3rd portions where the middle platform gets smaller, Zelda can actually just stand at one edge, and FW edge-cancel to the other edge. No complex reference points, it's incredibly easy to do, and kind of fun lol.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
In other news, the Palutena Social is at like, 26 posts on page 199. If we want to own their 200th page, I say a small visiT should happen soon.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
You know, I've never been to a gym before. It just seems so out of my element and being there with so many adults and that I'd probably see some some other students that I really don't like in the one place I'm actually worse at something than them (besides making friends and being shy and socially awkward.)

EDIT: Big Ten? You mean like collages and stuff?
Everyone has their insecurities about the gym, even regular gym-goers. For the most part, everyone is respectful. You can always start working out at home to get yourself in the mental zone before you commit to a public venue.

Big Ten Conference. Yeah, it's an athletic collegiate association, the most prestigious in the States. Hard to get in as an athlete, but it completely possible for me few years back. A lifelong regret.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I just want a Zelda game where you can play as Zelda for part of it. Like maybe Link gets captured and you have to save him as Zelda or something. There are enough damsels in distress in the LoZ series -- time for some dudes in distress too!

Or at least make Zelda an active participant in the game and not have her get captured. HW did it, I don't see why a mainline game can't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom