• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
So I realized I hadn't cleared a simple "play endless smash" challenge on my 3DS yet, so I'm just like "Oh I'll just play a little and get a few kills"

Then I got really intense in it and got 432 kills as Zelda on the first play.

I literally spammed Utilt for 3/4's of those kills. It's so gdlk in multiman.
I can just imagine the descent into insanity as the virtual death toll rose. Actually I don't just imagine it, I'm guilty of it as well. :awesome:
Hello Women. Ganondorf has brought you a gift. There will be a spring focused Nintendo Direct on Wednesday. You better say your thanks to Ganondorf, I know I have.
Sweet, I'm off on Wednesday so I can definitely tune in.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I don't have classes then (since most of last month!), will watch.

I hate Lylat Cruise. I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate it.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Relevant to our interests

(though Zelda is not actually a distressed damsel in HW!)

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Relevant to our interests

(though Zelda is not actually a distressed damsel in HW!)
This is of utmost importance. I appreciate this and the contribution you have bestowed upon everyone here. I salute you.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It would be ridiculously pricey otherwise.
Oh well my point was that they're quite amusing when it comes to their yellow labels.

I've also seen one of Doge at a local store with the caption of like "wow, many bargains cool" or w/e that meme goes

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
So apparently Links (and other campers) actually DO purposely stand away from their routers to ensure max amount of lag. There's guides and everything to learn how to make the match as laggy as possible. As if the inherent input lag didn't buff projectiles enough. It's not in your head, Links intentionally have the worst internet.

Wow. Between the one trick ponies, Little Macs, and this, I can't stand 4/5ths of For Glory.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
So apparently Links (and other campers) actually DO purposely stand away from their routers to ensure max amount of lag. There's guides and everything to learn how to make the match as laggy as possible. As if the inherent input lag didn't buff projectiles enough. It's not in your head, Links intentionally have the worst internet.

Wow. Between the one trick ponies, Little Macs, and this, I can't stand 4/5ths of For Glory.
I just played a match against an okay connection Rosa, I then continued to 2-stick him. Next match it was reaallly laggy, and he picked dark pit, and spammed arrows and whatnot. Really hard to react to, especially when he roll spammed, really laggy, and my playstyle with Marth, which is not button mashing.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Triforce of Courage my ***. :p

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Ganonlag.png

"NOW LINK! I'LL HOLD HIM DOWN!"

NOW LINKSYS.png

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
I got a good laugh about this. You know those "I got my parents to name all the Smash characysts" kinda things.

http://m.9gag.com/gag/aVQ519M?ref=fbp

That mom ACTUALLY getting our princess right though.
This was, by far, the best one I've seen. Kudos to the mom for getting a good amount right. I was impressed at the Charmander guess for Charizard, good one. The old man tho...

ZSS: "Your mom 20 years ago"

DEAD.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I -really- want to make time for Xenoblade but have had absolutely no time for it. This year in games especially wants all my time and all my money, making me less likely to get back to older games. From the top of my head I see HD REmake, FFtype-0 w/ FFXV demo, The Order, the episodic RE game, indie stuff like Life is Strange, um i mean

METAL GEAR ****ING 5

i mean

ok, I mean you get wolf on your team
that alone makes me interested in MGS

I got a good laugh about this. You know those "I got my parents to name all the Smash characysts" kinda things.

http://m.9gag.com/gag/aVQ519M?ref=fbp

That mom ACTUALLY getting our princess right though.
Captain... America...
close enough

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVnuQEC-pyI

@ Macchiato Macchiato Are you honestly still saying this match is in Zelda's favor? :'D
It's so obvious that Zelda holds Nairo back.

At 0:37 Nairo reads the roll and dashes for a punish, but lol 4th-slowest-in-the-game goes HAHAHA NO.
Lol at Rosie's Nair at 1:43. Damage nerf in 1.0.4 well deserved
1:44 Rosie's missed Nair end lag should be punishable, but nope.

This matchup is horrendous. Rosalina covers every one of Zelda's stage return options, Nairo's saving graces were whenever Dabuz slipped up or when Smashville's platform travelled beyond the edges. Rosaluma is essentially a lighter Zelda with drastically greater mobility, drastically greater range (Burn in hell with your Dsmash, Rosie), and greater knockback (dat Uair kill at 55%).

It's as close as Smash matchups get to David vs. Golaith. Except here God decided to bind David's hands/legs and give Golaith a ruthless hyena as a partner.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
It's so obvious that Zelda holds Nairo back.

At 0:37 Nairo reads the roll and dashes for a punish, but lol 4th-slowest-in-the-game goes HAHAHA NO.
Lol at Rosie's Nair at 1:43. Damage nerf in 1.0.4 well deserved
1:44 Rosie's missed Nair end lag should be punishable, but nope.

This matchup is horrendous. Rosalina covers every one of Zelda's stage return options, Nairo's saving graces were whenever Dabuz slipped up or when Smashville's platform travelled beyond the edges. Rosaluma is essentially a lighter Zelda with drastically greater mobility, drastically greater range (Burn in hell with your Dsmash, Rosie), and greater knockback (dat Uair kill at 55%).

It's as close as Smash matchups get to David vs. Golaith. Except here God decided to bind David's hands/legs and give Golaith a ruthless hyena as a partner.
I'm just glad Zelda isn't overpowered, frankly. I'd rather lose with an underpowered character, than win with an overpowered character.

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
> When you get no alerts for the Zeldaboards. I'm super slow, and you guys went through like a whole ten threads in a day. I think I would just use whoever I like in situations like that, even if the character is low tier like Zelda. That's probably stupid from another perspective, but I want to enjoy it and make it as real as possible c:

Edit: nice attention span there me. I was referring to the Rosa and Zelda match up xD

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
> When you get no alerts for the Zeldaboards. I'm super slow, and you guys went through like a whole ten threads in a day. I think I would just use whoever I like in situations like that, even if the character is low tier like Zelda. That's probably stupid from another perspective, but I want to enjoy it and make it as real as possible c:

Edit: nice attention span there me. I was referring to the Rosa and Zelda match up xD
trust me after missing two or three pages of post its pretty easy to be like

and as for Zelda/rose I find that a lot more even as luma is such a non factor.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
I think I just lost all faith in defending stages, like something just fell and broke.
I simply can't stand fighting against ignorance anymore, defending what's fair to simply lose to "people don't like that".

Ugh.
I feel ya x.x
I was part of a different game's community and had that same copy/paste argument given to me way too often along with some rather astonishingly ignorant beliefs about said game.

Things like that keep me non-competitive / casual ( more fun that way anyhow ;] ).

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I know this isn't relevant, but I just ran into someone on For Glory named zero (no capitalization) and he was really good. Don't know if it was THE zero, but he was good. I almost beat him as Zelda when he picked Falcon.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I know this isn't relevant, but I just ran into someone on For Glory named zero (no capitalization) and he was really good. Don't know if it was THE zero, but he was good. I almost beat him as Zelda when he picked Falcon.
firstly zero's preferred tag is ZeRo^
secondly he has a youtube series in which he plays for glory which he has already played falcon
thirdly he generally will only play one person for 3 matches, unless they pick C. falcon

hope this helps :p

Last edited:
I still think it's is
Zelda can get rid of Luma with a din or dash attack
Rosalina dies easily
Zeldas ground game out classes her's

I honestly think Nairo would win if he was on a platformless stage
Rosalina is basically a better Zelda

Then again, I may be really wrong about this. @JigglyZelda003 probably knows more about this. I recall him talking about it in the past

Latte

Smash Ace
I made coffee and practiced watercoloring. It's currently 8 AM and I haven't slept yet.

#yolo

EDIT: Oh, never mind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom