• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I played the best German Falcon and I'll have a match of it recorded in a few days.
Aww, look at Macchi using the Phantom. So proud of you. (I used the move when it still sucked, oh the pain). Anyways, the way your first stock went out was exactly how mine went out when I was doing a warmup match against a Rosie player where I live... But really though, I thought every Rosie knew better than to use Dash Dolphin Attack. Zelda won though, and that's all that matters. :happysheep:
I always thought it was good. It was and still is a p decent landing option if your opponent is in front of you. A uncharged phantom was great at that. Retreating uncharged phantom is great for stuffing approaches.

My personal favorite was what I did to my friend last night with Mario. Fadeaway Bair into FSmash to punish shield drop. Silky smooth.
Noice. I did something even better

I retreated with din's fire and went off-stage. I forgot that I was using Zelda because WHOOPS. Made me helpless :4zelda:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I was playing Doubles at my locals and it ended up pretty hype.

Last match was me with Lucas and my opponent with Shulk, both at high %s and our teammates were dead. I send him offstage and barely miss the B-Air spike, and he tries to smack me with F-Air soon afterwards.

I somehow barely survive and the Shulk was far enough from the ledge and without a double jump, Air Slash does not go far enough for him to grab the ledge while meanwhile I manage to recover thanks to Lucas's ridic PK Thunder II and he falls to his death.

People went crazy there and it was so fun.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Zelda is top tier of SDing. :yeahboi:

Also, can't believe that you showed me that fighting game yesterday @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd . Why does it even exist!?
It exists because the world had to know. The world HAD. TO. KNOW.

I agree

Follow it up with the "secret technique" if it all goes down to **** :smirk:
Indeed! It's foolproof and will work every time! At that point you're down 1-0 in the set, but then you can say "once your opponent starts to boast his victory, he has already lost!" and reverse 2-0 them. Or just run. Either or.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I just randomly talked to this NPC in the Twoson Hotel multiple times.

He gave me $50.

Good life lesson, pester someone until they give you free money. :secretkpop:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I like how the game isn't even trying to hide the fact that it really wants to see Zelda lose.

But we keep on fighting...!! :mad:
Feels like they never get tired of it. But at least she has stuff like Utilt > Utilt > Nair......if they let you pull that off LOL.

I will admit as far as teleport ledgesnaps go Zelda's has wigged out the least, with Palutena's in second and Mewtwo's in first for how often they just....apply weird physics and SD. I'm certain Zelda's is like this because even the game doesn't want to put salt in open wounds that already have salt in them :V.

You know what, I have a relevant picture.

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I always thought it was good. It was and still is a p decent landing option if your opponent is in front of you. A uncharged phantom was great at that. Retreating uncharged phantom is great for stuffing approaches.
I've always used it for everything other than an attack because it would never hit my enemies and go through them. Now instead of just a spacing tool, it's a two in one because it can actually hit people. Now what we need is more health. I swear a giant summoned ghost knight is stronger than a Luma. :4wendy:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just randomly went onto YouTube. And I see DYKGaming released a new video.

On Persona.

mfw DYK video on Persona. (Will say, even though my first one was Persona 4. I still really like it, even though I stopped after getting Kanji)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got some good wifi games in. I love good connections where you can punish wifi scrubs who think attacking as fast as possible with a high tier with win :demon:

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Going to start paying the Splatoon Global Testfire even though I have the game.
Let's see how many snipes I can get. :happysheep:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Going to start paying the Splatoon Global Testfire even though I have the game.
Let's see how many snipes I can get. :happysheep:
Ahhh I completely forgot about it!

Thank you so much for posting about it, lol.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Can't play Smash Wii U for a while. ;-; Guess I'm joining the 3DS team @ Antonykun Antonykun (not that I ever really left :v )

D

Deleted member

WAIT THE SPLATOON TESTFIRE IS HAPPENING NOW?

OOOOOOH TIME TO HAVE SOME FUN WITH NEWBIES.

I said I wouldn't do it....but I just can't pass up a good troll session ;p

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I think it's safe to say most people playing the testfire already have the game lol

I mean, there was a team of 4 chargers at one point. Never was there a team of 4 for any of the other weapons, just the Charger.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Why is nuzlocke called that?
What is the Nuzlocke Challenge and what the hell is a ‘nuzlocke?’

If you’ve come to this site and don’t know, chances are you’re asking yourself this question right now.

The good news is that it’s relatively simple—there are only two rules! But before we get into that, let’s get into how it all started.

It was finals week of winter quarter 2010 for a bored not-yet webcomic artist at UC Santa Cruz. Having taken nothing but bull**** classes that quarter, he decided to entertain himself while everyone else was studying by starting a new file in his old copy of Pokemon Ruby.

But he had grown tired of his old Pokemon games; they had become repetitive and unchallenging after many play throughs. Deciding to make the experience more interesting, he set two rules for himself:

1. He could only capture the first Pokemon he encountered in each new area.
2. If a Pokemon fainted he would consider it dead and release it.

The results were unexpected; rather than simply increasing the difficulty, these rules caused him to care for his monster companions more than ever before. He found new appreciation for Pokemon he would have previously never bothered to capture, and worried deeply for his team, knowing any knockout would mean goodbye.

Wanting to share his experience with others, he drew up a few crude comics of his adventure and posted them on the 4chan /v/ideogame board, where he had enjoyed many vidya-related comics in the past. The doodles were met with surprising approval, especially towards the Seedot/Nuzleaf that bore the image of LOST’s John Locke.

These /v/irgins dubbed it the “Nuzlocke Challenge” and the sensation was born.

Since then countless “Nuzlocke runs” have been attempted, completed and failed by denizens of the Internet, many of them recorded in comics or stories. This is the true magic of the Nuzlocke Challenge: everyone has a story of triumph and loss to tell.

In case you haven’t figured it out yet, I am that bored student that so many refer to as Nuzlocke. Here you can follow comics of my own nuzlocke journey (Pokemon: Hard-Mode) or countless others created by fans, many of which are better than the original.

So go forth and experience the Nuzlocke Challenge, either by reading these comics or taking on the challenge yourself. But be warned, challenger, there is no victory without loss.
and here's the link to the aforementioned webcomic

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I think that the guy who created it was called Nuzlocke (or that was his tag? idr)

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I picked up Skyward Sword for a few hours today (which I love BTW), but I remember 1 thing that I absolutely hate.

THIS ABOMINATION NAMED DODOH
If you haven't played Skyward Sword or forgot about this creature, you first see him crying over that giant roulette wheel on his back because he managed to trip on a completely flat surface and have that wheel disassemble from his back and fall to the desert below him. So you have to go down there and get the wheel because this guy is too busy sobbing on an ever bigger roulette wheel he calls his home. You see the wheel on top of a hill. How do you get it?
Just rewind time a few hundred years so that some dead plants can regrow, that's all!
You get the wheel and go back to him and he's basically so excited that he lets you try his game for free! How fun! What is the game?
Oh, well first you get launched out of a cannon (and he says it's perfectly safe so he must be right!). After that, you have to skydive through floating rings without touching any objects with his face on it which shouldn't be too hard, you never want to be near that thing's face in the first place. After that, you have to land on a space to get your reward. Oh yeah, remember how he said this was safe? Well, you can't use your parachute because he won't let you, so remember to land on your face for bonus points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are the prizes? Well, if you land on a black space, he steals 10 rupees from you on top of the 20 you already paid to play the game. (More like torture attraction, but whatever) He doesn't even ask you, he just goes "Oh, you landed on a black space, let me just take some money from your wallet. You better not have a problem with that! :secretkpop:" Remember that this was a game designed for kids, because kids love to skydive out of a cannon without a parachute, possibly breaking most or all of the bones in their body!
This sad man is the biggest masochist in any Zelda game. First you have to rewind time just to get his wheel that's probably there to help remedy his back problems somehow, then he opens a game that forces you to skydive without any ways of breaking your fall, and finally steals money from you after you already payed him. WHY DOES HE LOVE WATCHING PEOPLE SUFFERRRRRR. ALL FOR A SINGLE PIECE OF HEART?

K rant over.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Nairo has been using Zelda again. He said he 2 stocked Dabuz's Pikachu with her a while ago. So he hasn't forgotten her!
Not that we'd ever let him forget her, that is :^)

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Feels like they never get tired of it. But at least she has stuff like Utilt > Utilt > Nair......if they let you pull that off LOL.

I will admit as far as teleport ledgesnaps go Zelda's has wigged out the least, with Palutena's in second and Mewtwo's in first for how often they just....apply weird physics and SD. I'm certain Zelda's is like this because even the game doesn't want to put salt in open wounds that already have salt in them :V.

You know what, I have a relevant picture.

AGHGHGHGKLL as a mewtwo player I hate the teleport physics so much.
In Melee it's too precise and in smash 4 it's too unreliable. Buffing our respective fair ladies is fine and all but can they also tighten up how teleports work too? Thanks Sora LTD, signed a guy out of the mewtwo social forums that doesn't actually write disrespectful things towards your head honcho.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
AGHGHGHGKLL as a mewtwo player I hate the teleport physics so much.
In Melee it's too precise and in smash 4 it's too unreliable. Buffing our respective fair ladies is fine and all but can they also tighten up how teleports work too? Thanks Sora LTD, signed a guy out of the mewtwo social forums that doesn't actually write disrespectful things towards your head honcho.
I know, right? Both of the maidens deserve better (I think....). Watching teleports bounce off the stage is like watching Silver Surfer hit a RUBBER DUCKY and cry like a grown manchild.

It's saddening.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Playing as our characters and expecting to win is like playing silver surfer and expecting to beat the game :3c

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
So gorls, I have exciting news! I got a few replays against my buddy "Captain Zack" (one of the best Peach's around if I'm not mistaken) with two of them :4zelda: vs :4peach: and one :4zelda: vs :4fox:. I saved the ones where I won as Zelda obviously (but the three best), but this gorl is one Peach Jesus, and we're about evenly matched. I'll try to put them up soon.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
>goes on spectator mode
>gonna bet on the winner of a free for all
>bets on the Megaman with a 28% win rate LET'S GO
>battle starts on Pyrosphere
>turns out to be a taunt party for the first minute