• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
The Gaycat avatars were great.

I think bats and fishes are cute.
Roaches are horrible. Just critters in general. I am a city gorl and they are my bane.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I've lived in the Middle of Nowhere my whole life and I still can't stand things like that.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
My Summary on Day 1 of this school year:
  • I hate one of my teachers for giving me hours worth of work on the first night. Stop. I'm still not even done. I see him twice a day some days.
  • All my morning teachers are male. Such chill.
  • I have the same foreign language teacher as I did last year. I was her not so secret favorite last year, so that class will be a breeze.
  • I like about 3 people in each of my classes. This is a new record.
  • ~When infamous people you haven't seen in years come back and they're worse than you remembered.~
  • I have every class except one with one of my best friends, meanwhile I have none with the other two.
I could type more, but I need to get back to work on this 50 page packet since it'll be 2am soon. You know, casual first day work. Due at 8am. This is how I think my teacher felt when he assigned us that and saw our faces: :secretkpop:.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
  • I hate one of my teachers for giving me hours worth of work on the first night. Stop. I'm still not even done. I see him twice a day some days.
  • I have the same foreign language teacher as I did last year. I was her not so secret favorite last year, so that class will be a breeze.
  • ~When infamous people you haven't seen in years come back and they're worse than you remembered.~
  • I have every class except one with one of my best friends, meanwhile I have none with the other two.
I could type more, but I need to get back to work on this 50 page packet since it'll be 2am soon. You know, casual first day work. Due at 8am. This is how I think my teacher felt when he assigned us that and saw our faces: :secretkpop:.
I'm so glad I'm an adult.

Now, back to watching people work.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Classes don't start for me yet. I have a biT more time.

SMH people still saying that Zelda has bad mobility when it's really just her dash speed that sucks.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm dreading school already. I only have a week left of freedom.

It's so awful knowing that every second it's getting closer and there's nothing you can do about it.

EDIT: Yeah, my definition of bad/horrible mobility is someone like Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

He just wants a friend.

Kinda depressing that the shark is coming up to die, though. :/
Frilled sharks are great. Props to posting a picture of one.

ISharks are scary, but that makes sense since they're sharks, but Far Cry 3 loves jump scares some of which are scripted. Still, they're fishy creatures. Dolphins at least look derpy to not be scary.

Edit: Oh, and fish Pokémon are disturbing...
Lesson 1: Sharks are fish with cartilaginous skeletons (same with rays).
Lesson 2: Dolphins are not fish but are mammals. I'm hoping you knew this and I just misinterpreted your statement. If not, let me direct you to this quote from Daddy Day Care:

"Dolphins are fish!" "No they're not!" "Yeah-huh, they live in water!" "That doesn't mean they're fish!"

As for fish Pokémon...

How on earth is that creepy? Lumineon is like the chillest, coolest, fish there is. He just wants to hang out. Too bad it's in the running for the most worthless fish Pokémon

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Mine was kinda bad too. I have to repeat a math course that I already passes and the school won't let me switch like????? I even have the same teacher that never taught a single thing. If you asked him a question, he'd tell you to look in the book or shame you. Then my friend got Theater and it's the 1 class he's wanted since probably middle school and then the school went "oopsie, that wasn't supposed to be on your schedule! Your not getting it at high school ever actually, you have other, more important classes." I'm convinced the school tries to make you not enjoy it.
Also I have IB French. French is my favorite class but I'm not sure if IB is going to make me dread it or not.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Now we're talking about fears? I'm deathly afraid of hights... There's some irony in there somewhere. :4pit::4darkpit:

Like, I can't look out the window on a second story from across the room. Elevators kinda freak me out because of the falling feeling. But then if it's on TV, nothing. Flying around in a game? Nope. Guy skydiving on a 50" TV in 3D? Nada. Dude walking the tightrope across the grand canyon, live? I'm cracking splat jokes halfway through. Walk up two steps on a ladder? My knees turn into jelly. Never ridden a plane, but I imagine it won't be pretty.

It's not like I was traumatized or anything... Parents made me ride a ferris wheel when I was younger but the fear didn't set in until years later. I really can't understand how it happened.

Soul.

As for fish Pokémon...

How on earth is that creepy? Lumineon is like the chillest, coolest, fish there is. He just wants to hang out. Too bad it's in the running for the most worthless fish Pokémon
Magikarp is already the worst best fish Pokémon smh
Also the Battle Resort song in ORAS is catchy as hell

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Mine was kinda bad too. I have to repeat a math course that I already passes and the school won't let me switch like????? I even have the same teacher that never taught a single thing. If you asked him a question, he'd tell you to look in the book or shame you. Then my friend got Theater and it's the 1 class he's wanted since probably middle school and then the school went "oopsie, that wasn't supposed to be on your schedule! Your not getting it at high school ever actually, you have other, more important classes." I'm convinced the school tries to make you not enjoy it.
Also I have IB French. French is my favorite class but I'm not sure if IB is going to make me dread it or not.
The IB Programme is the reason for my Day 1 50 Page Packet nonsense. It's actually decent as far as everything except History goes. IB French should be fine. It might not be your easiest class, but it shouldn't be your worst. There are far more stressful classes out there. AP World History was dreadful because of how much work you had to do, but it never was too bad. School in general is just no. I swear my brain is being over worked for how little sleep I get. I can't even fix my sleep schedule if I'm given so much work that I'm approaching my fourth hour of homework, and still am not finished. Oh yeah, and my school screws up at least a fourth of the schedules every year. This year they got the schedules between two twins mixed up (one of which switched schools this year, he was my former doubles partner in tournaments for Smash actually). They've given people double blocks (two classes at once), left classes out completely, put people in classes they didn't sign up for or need, and have put people in classes that they've already taken and passed (like you).

Latte

Smash Ace
Hi, Zelda social!!!!!!!! my name is latte, I'm 12 years old, and I'm so random XD. i hope we can get along and get to know each other :3333

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I was in For Fun one time (don't judge me I went through a breakup and make lots of questionable decisions) and saw this guy with "BenDrowned" as his tag. For some reason no one else joined and I couldn't leave the group which I thought was appropriate.

Hi, Zelda social!!!!!!!! my name is latte, I'm 12 years old, and I'm so random XD. i hope we can get along and get to know each other :3333
Gooooooooooooorl

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
There's going to be another Splatoon Test Fire thing from Friday to Sunday. You can play at 3-5 PM Pacific each day. It's a good chance to try the game out.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of that testfire

I initially wanted to join the testfire to rek some of the newbies, but then I realized I'd be ruining the fun for those who are still contemplating on getting the game or not ;-;

Then I realized many other people will probably go trolling around

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID! I avoid any chances to be on cruises, ships, boats, near oceans, lakes, seas, seafood markets, aquariums, fish tanks, and other bodies of water/areas with fish. This effectively rules out visiting a ton of places, especially in places like Japan with a prominent seafood market and seafood dishes that are sometimes whole - as in the fish is whole, still has a head, fins, tail, skin, everything fish. Asian markets are hell if there's a seafood area in the center of the place. I would have to circle around and actively look away from them. Seeing fish basically leads to this.

I had to abandon doing anything except beating Far Cry 3 because it's set on a series of islands. That DLC sidequest? I had to infiltrate a base and go in water. There were 2-3 sharks and 1-2 of them disappeared into the depths while 1 I was able to shoot down. **** that. I ain't going in there. The maneater shark for an upgrade? I sat on a boat, killed the other sharks and it before parking the boat, quickly skinned it, and ran like a *****. Shark skins? I used boats and stuff to run over sharks near the shore, dove in quickly to skin them, and swam back like a ***** to get on the boat. Hell no am I getting near the fishes in the water and dealing with jump scares. Sharks are scary, but that makes sense since they're sharks, but Far Cry 3 loves jump scares some of which are scripted. Still, they're fishy creatures. Dolphins at least look derpy to not be scary.

Being trapped on an island or being lost in somewhere and only have your only food source be fishes would probably lead me to going insane and starving to death. I'd be more comfortable in a war zone than near the aqua life area at a zoo.

Edit: Oh, and fish Pokémon are disturbing...
Geez, you'd have hated to be me half a year ago! I had to flush one of my aunt's "dead" fish. It had one jump left in it, got me in the head, and fell in the toilet on its own. **** if I wasn't scared though ROFL. I wasn't expecting it to have Doc tier recovery, I figured it was gonna make it back to the bag or something =P

My phobia? **** bugs, man. Bugs and crawlies, get those away from me. They are likely the most filthy creatures on this planet and I want nothing to do with them.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
It had one jump left in it, got me in the head, and fell in the toilet on its own. **** if I wasn't scared though ROFL. I wasn't expecting it to have Doc tier recovery, I figured it was gonna make it back to the bag or something =P
This legitimately made me laugh. I'm at work, so it's inappropriate to giggle, but I had a quieted snicker (not the candy) so thanks for that.
hi nice 2 meet u :3 Im SUPER hyper (and randomm XDD)

:^(
Stop
Stop
Stop

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Speaking of that testfire

I initially wanted to join the testfire to rek some of the newbies, but then I realized I'd be ruining the fun for those who are still contemplating on getting the game or not ;-;

Then I realized many other people will probably go trolling around

*Looks at avatar*
hmm...

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Got back from shopping today and had my lunch with my parents when we were out to a garden shop. They only went because they had vouchers to spend, but nothing of interest there, so we didn't buy anything. And I've been playing Pokemon Shuffle more, and Gothorita is a pain, cannot defeat it. :V

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I don't like spiders. It's the only reason I've played very few Zelda games, and the reason I never finished Ōkami. I barely managed to get through Xenoblade as it is.

Also heights are kind of no thanks. I'm not terribly scared but I always feel like I'm going to fall.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I used to be terrified of heights. Then I walked across a little cable that was like 40-50 feet off the ground and now heights don't bother me so much. I've also done a few other fun things like climbing a huge tree and jumping off a small platform near the top so I could grab a nearby trapeze.

And before anyone asks, I was attached to a rope thing so I wouldn't have died if I fell.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I'm not scared of heights when its not moving, in fact I enjoy it. The glass floor on the CN tower is cool.
But I'm terrified when its moving fast like on those amusement park rides where they just drop you.

Top Bottom