• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Piercing Needles because they go through stuff (like Lumas) and do more shield damage. Also lolneedles

Actually Yoshi Eggs might be up there too since they're transcendent (I think) and true combo into spikes and stuff. They're also hard to reflect properly and can be B-Reversed to give Yoshi even more mobility.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Luma's lunge technically is a projectile; it can be reflected. In that sense Luma probably is the best but if you don't count it:
Link's bombs, Pac Man arcade icons/hydrant, Greninja's shurakins, whichever is best of the shadowball/aura sphere/charge shot attacks, Mega Man's metal blade, Sheik's needles, Yoshi's eggs, all could be argued as one of the best for different reasons.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. I now have recruited Teddy in EarthBound Begginings/Mother.

Time to give him the Sword. :yeahboi:

Speaking of Teddy. I played Persona 4 Arena a long time ago back on the PS3 with a friend online. And he got very VERY salty because I kept on crossing him up with Teddy's Jumping A and winning against his Naoto. He kicked me from the lobby, called me a scrub and hadn't spoken to me since. Tried talking to him a while ago, and he was feigning ignorance by pretending not to know me. :3

And I did tell him my Teddy was not good. :V

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
In my opinion the best projectile in the game would have to be

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Months later I return, once more a victim to the fatigue and imagination of one's mind when taking a shower whilst running on 2 hours of sleep. Sony Vegas at the ready, idea in mind, 20 mins to spare, what's the worst that could happen?
This. This is the worst that could happen.
I've contributed to the meme horde. I'm so very, very sorry, but it had to be done.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Piercing Needles because they go through stuff (like Lumas) and do more shield damage. Also lolneedles

Actually Yoshi Eggs might be up there too since they're transcendent (I think) and true combo into spikes and stuff. They're also hard to reflect properly and can be B-Reversed to give Yoshi even more mobility.
Eggs are sooooooooooooo easy to powershield tho. Outside of that yea they're p gud

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Heh... Would anyone have liked the ability to make your own alt colors? I know KoF XIII lets you do this and Soul Calibur III and onward lets you not only changes colors, but the clothing as well and I think Tekken 5? started that as well. Curious as to what certain characters would look like... Purple Marth? Pink Fox? Pink haired (Toon) Link? Ice Mario? Seagull Falco? Ken Ryu? It would have been nice even if it was only limited to our systems since making your own colors at tournaments would probably be prohibited because of time restraints. Hell, maybe in the future, Smash 5 will let Villagers be entirely customizable.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I have learned it too and still read at the speed of a snail.

I think learning all these Kanji just made me automatically reject Hangul or something.
I can read it pretty fast but it took some time to get use to it and remember all the characters. I know a bit of Kanji and Hiragana already so maybe I'll work on learning to read it next.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
But, Yaaay, even the SHI-G tier list you linked has Ike at rock buttom. Why must Japan hate Ike so? ;_;
It proves this list is flawed. Ike has never got super high results so he simply hasn't left a very strong impression on people. Olimar has left a strong impression because of a very strong Olimar placing high. However results don't necessarily seem to be the most important factor since characters like Peach and Duck Hunt have more solid results than those around them but for some reason they're not ranked very high.

I think many players would agree with the rough placings. Even though I think there's plenty of incorrect placings in the list, there are few if no things that I find outrageous. Most players will probably agree that "the character is indeed somewhere around there", it's not like anyone thinks e.g. that Link is actually top tier or Villager is bottom tier. But the list should still be taken with a bucket of salt and characters might rise/drop considerably in the next list(s).

Since my request of going to SKTAR or pretty much any other offline tourney has been denied, I've been trying to just have fun in Smash, but it's not working. I've been playing vs. the CPU a lot as usual, which is fun, but not quite fulfilling. For Glory and its lag are just infuriating. I tried going Random today and it worked out fine for the first few matches, but the fun kind of stopped once I started facing good players. Seeing all the missed b-reverses, missed combo followups and poor reactions I had in the lag was just too much for me to handle. Don't really feel like playing FFA or dubs. How do I fun now in Smash? :/
I recommed playing against strong people online. I don't know how good people are on Anther's Ladder but maybe that's a start.

I'm pretty sure For Glory lags way more than playing with friends online.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Obama killed the Zelda social.

Worst projectile imo is Mii Gunner's stealth burst. It's like a weaker Din's you can't aim.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Months later I return, once more a victim to the fatigue and imagination of one's mind when taking a shower whilst running on 2 hours of sleep. Sony Vegas at the ready, idea in mind, 20 mins to spare, what's the worst that could happen?
This. This is the worst that could happen.
I've contributed to the meme horde. I'm so very, very sorry, but it had to be done.
Here's the worst part about this video.

After I finished watching it one of the videos suggested was a video where a husband was able to obtain his wife's eurine without her knowing and use it to test it on a pregnancy test thingy. They were trying for a baby and he wanted to surprise her with the news instead of it being the other way around.

It was frickin adorable.

But here's the thing, now I want a baby. Babies are flippin awesome and I'd be a great parent. I can just imagine playing sm4sh with my 5 year old and accosting him for choosing Sheik and being such a tier *****.

It would be so much fun!

Rizen

Smash Legend

After I finished watching it one of the videos suggested was a video where a husband was able to obtain his wife's eurine without her knowing
How the hell would that work? NVM, I don't want to know.

I have enough trouble taking care of my grandma and mom. I do not want a baby.

Anyone want to wifi btw?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788

After I finished watching it one of the videos suggested was a video where a husband was able to obtain his wife's urine without her knowing and use it to test it on a pregnancy test thingy. They were trying for a baby and he wanted to surprise her with the news instead of it being the other way around.

It was frickin adorable.

But here's the thing, now I want a baby. Babies are flippin awesome and I'd be a great parent. I can just imagine playing sm4sh with my 5 year old and accosting him for choosing Sheik and being such a tier *****.

It would be so much fun!
fyi the pregnancy ended in a miscarriage

the whole taking her pee thing was really weird imo anyway

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
How do you even get someone's urine without them knowing in the first place??
I think he went in the bathroom after her and took it from the toilet.

But that means that she doesn't flush after going to the bathroom and that's just gross.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
She didn't flush because she didn't want to wake their toddler.

That's not the point though. The point is shaping a human being like an artist. Figuring out their weaknesses and strengths and nurturing them in a way for them to get the most out of their life and be the biggest benefit to society.

It's like building your own best friend. I'm excited to do it. Give me babies!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It was horrifying... Every time I see fish... The horror... the horror...

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Phobias are so weird. Like, they're the most random things.

Luckily, I don't really have one. I don't like spiders, but I just squish them and go on with my life. I also don't like close-ups of insect faces. Like, there's an episode of SpongeBob where Sandy has a butterfly and it repeatedly zooms in a face of a real butterfly and it grosses me out every time I see it. I just don't like their weird eyes and faces. But it's not bad enough where I freak out or anything; I just get mildly uncomfortable.

tbh I find @ Ffamran Ffamran 's fish phobia very entertaining because fish are such an odd thing to have a phobia of. And fish basically omnipresent so it's not like he can avoid them.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Luckily, I don't really have one. I don't like spiders, but I just squish them and go on with my life. I also don't like close-ups of insect faces. Like, there's an episode of SpongeBob where Sandy has a butterfly and it repeatedly zooms in a face of a real butterfly and it grosses me out every time I see it. Like, I just don't like their weird eyes and faces. But it's not bad enough where I freak out or anything; I just get mildly uncomfortable.

tbh I find @ Ffamran Ffamran 's fish phobia very entertaining because fish are such an odd thing to have a phobia of. And fish basically omnipresent so it's not like he can avoid them.
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID! I avoid any chances to be on cruises, ships, boats, near oceans, lakes, seas, seafood markets, aquariums, fish tanks, and other bodies of water/areas with fish. This effectively rules out visiting a ton of places, especially in places like Japan with a prominent seafood market and seafood dishes that are sometimes whole - as in the fish is whole, still has a head, fins, tail, skin, everything fish. Asian markets are hell if there's a seafood area in the center of the place. I would have to circle around and actively look away from them. Seeing fish basically leads to this.

I had to abandon doing anything except beating Far Cry 3 because it's set on a series of islands. That DLC sidequest? I had to infiltrate a base and go in water. There were 2-3 sharks and 1-2 of them disappeared into the depths while 1 I was able to shoot down. **** that. I ain't going in there. The maneater shark for an upgrade? I sat on a boat, killed the other sharks and it before parking the boat, quickly skinned it, and ran like a *****. Shark skins? I used boats and stuff to run over sharks near the shore, dove in quickly to skin them, and swam back like a ***** to get on the boat. Hell no am I getting near the fishes in the water and dealing with jump scares. Sharks are scary, but that makes sense since they're sharks, but Far Cry 3 loves jump scares some of which are scripted. Still, they're fishy creatures. Dolphins at least look derpy to not be scary.

Being trapped on an island or being lost in somewhere and only have your only food source be fishes would probably lead me to going insane and starving to death. I'd be more comfortable in a war zone than near the aqua life area at a zoo.

Edit: Oh, and fish Pokémon are disturbing...

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla

Luckily, I don't really have one. I don't like spiders, but I just squish them and go on with my life. I also don't like close-ups of insect faces. Like, there's an episode of SpongeBob where Sandy has a butterfly and it repeatedly zooms in a face of a real butterfly and it grosses me out every time I see it. I just don't like their weird eyes and faces. But it's not bad enough where I freak out or anything; I just get mildly uncomfortable.

Trivia: The close up of "Wormy" was actually a horse-fly.

themoreyouknow.jpg

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I remember when four of us here had fish images as avatars one time.

It was great.
I remember when everyone had colored boxes for avatars.
I still have page 1337 bookmarked lol

As for phobias, I have one of bees. (Don't know the name of it oops.) I had a bad experience when I was around 5 where I was using one of those plastic toy kitchens. It was left outside for a while, and when I opened a cabinet a few months later, a beehive was in there and then I had an angry mob of bees chasing me until I got back inside. :/ They scare me in video games even. (Yes, Animal Crossing included)

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID! I avoid any chances to be on cruises, ships, boats, near oceans, lakes, seas, seafood markets, aquariums, fish tanks, and other bodies of water/areas with fish. This effectively rules out visiting a ton of places, especially in places like Japan with a prominent seafood market and seafood dishes that are sometimes whole - as in the fish is whole, still has a head, fins, tail, skin, everything fish. Asian markets are hell if there's a seafood area in the center of the place. I would have to circle around and actively look away from them. Seeing fish basically leads to this.

I had to abandon doing anything except beating Far Cry 3 because it's set on a series of islands. That DLC sidequest? I had to infiltrate a base and go in water. There were 2-3 sharks and 1-2 of them disappeared into the depths while 1 I was able to shoot down. **** that. I ain't going in there. The maneater shark for an upgrade? I sat on a boat, killed the other sharks and it before parking the boat, quickly skinned it, and ran like a *****. Shark skins? I used boats and stuff to run over sharks near the shore, dove in quickly to skin them, and swam back like a ***** to get on the boat. Hell no am I getting near the fishes in the water and dealing with jump scares. Sharks are scary, but that makes sense since they're sharks, but Far Cry 3 loves jump scares some of which are scripted. Still, they're fishy creatures. Dolphins at least look derpy to not be scary.

Being trapped on an island or being lost in somewhere and only have your only food source be fishes would probably lead me to going insane and starving to death. I'd be more comfortable in a war zone than near the aqua life area at a zoo.

Edit: Oh, and fish Pokémon are disturbing...
I can barely play Minecraft because of the bats.

Everything else is goofy and unrealistic besides the bats and they are literally just for aesthetics, no exp for killing them, no resources, just nightmare fuel.....

But Batman feared bats and Batman became Batman.

I think he went in the bathroom after her and took it from the toilet.

But that means that she doesn't flush after going to the bathroom and that's just gross.
It's not like the first sentence was nasty or anything either.

As for phobias, I have a psuedo-phobia of spiders and here's how.
I'll never forget this story gorls. So it was roughly 2-3 years ago on a mid-summer noon. I had just got home after swimming all day with my friends. I went to my room to unwind a bit with the nice summer breeze, and I just laid flat out on my bed with the back of my right hand resting on top of my face. I stayed like that for a while (I actually don't know how long I was like that. It could've been like a minute or something.) Then I felt something tickling my face like a loose hair, so I just brushed it off my face. A moment later, the sensation came back, but with even more movement on my face because of the wind. (Or so I thought.) I stood up, and wiped my face to get rid of the stupid hair. It was great! My face felt freed from the mean hair, but then I felt something move on my arm. I slowly pulled my arm up to examine it. Next thing I knew, I was jumping all over the place flailing my limbs across the room, attacking the spider in vain. It was a small little bugger, and it robbed me of something... It robbed me of my "bread and butter's" sanctity ;~; I cri evrtym

I then vowed to kill any spider that crawls towards me, in order to protect my bread and butter.
#remembertheroomilivedin
My real phobia is of roaches. They disgust me to a point to where if I see one, I freak out and smash it into oblivion while cowering and screaming like a school gorl. There was a time where I found one in the bathroom of my Grandma's house while I was using it. I killed it, and it's been 12 years since I last dared to use the bathroom there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom