• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

D

Deleted member

They should have gave Samus her old Nair.

I can't hit with this new one at allllllll.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I don't think Samus should have her own tier at the bottom (no character should). But I do think she's one of the worst in the game.

I use Samus a tiny bit so I'm not entirely clueless. But then again I don't know her that well either. Most of the stuff I learned was from watching the few Samus videos on YouTube (Chozox in particular).

And yeah her Dash Attack is nice but the hitbox placement is awful.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Lol Samus is literal Tr4sh

Her DA is gud like

But she's still Tr4sh

Lol
She puts Zelda's combo and spacing games to shame. She's a really strong mid ranger. She's had better rep than Zelda in competitive play the last few months.

I'd ask why you think Samus is tr4sh but all I'd get is, "lol her moves don't connect and she can't kill, learn ur char better"

Also for those of you who like watching ChozoX, I'd suggest KayJay.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Jigglypuff is bad, but she's not the worst. She's better than Samus (and probably Zelda), at least.

But yeah, DDD and Ganon are pretty bad. Ganon has a really weird following where they say that he's not tr4sh??? Like, they worship him and it kinda scares me. The Ganon mains are the closest to being the second Rosalinda cult.

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo's weight and mobility is just....wow. I mean, I didn't expect him to be the second lightest character in the game O_O

Soul.

Mewtwo would be better if it had Marth-level weight. Everything it does is fine; it's the cursed weight that ruins everything.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
The Ganons think they win against everyone lmao, look at their MU thread. That list includes Mario.

I forgot about Mewtwo as well. He is worse than Samus and Zelda.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Mewtwo has Zelda syndrome, meaning that its character attributes are **** and screw it over (although Mewtwo has far less flaws than Zelda). Being tall, light, slow, and floaty is an awful combination. Even when Zelda was massively buffed in Brawl, her character build was one of the biggest things holding her back. Mewtwo's character build did no favors for him in Melee, either.

Even now when Mewtwo got buffed a ton, he's still bad because of his traits. The fact that he's super light now only ****s him over even more. He does have some really strong points, though.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Oh my, look what I started. The Zelda vs Samus war. At least we've moved away from Samus and Zelda, on to the other bottom tiers. :rolleyes:

Anyways, would anyone be up for doubles in two and a half hours? We have one slot open.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I faced a campy Sheik today... It was Hell.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Samus is lackluster imo. Probably better than Mewtwo though lol

But in the DDR pad meta I think she's top tier.

B projectile
Nair that hits on both sides
Zair for attacking and recovery
Fsmash that works best at max range
Fast pummel
A combo moves her forward for approach options!?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
In FG?
Good Sheiks are seldom.
The Sheik was this: spam Needles, run or roll away if you got too close, Down Smash out of shield, Side Smash if you got to close after using an aerial, and Fair. First off, I don't know Marth well enough to do much other than play fundamentals and space stuff. Well, how do you do that when you get Needles thrown at you over and over? 1 single Needle should not do more hit stun than Falco's Blaster. Seriously, what the ****? I won like twice and one of them was through a timeout. Ended up switching to Fox because I was fed up, but freaking hell campy Sheik is a *****.

The other Sheik I remembered was a cookie cutter... You do not use Vanish after a D-throw if you don't see your opponent air dodge. I air dodge less than Melee players; I have to remind myself that I can air dodge, spot dodge, and roll.

Then there was a Luigi that spammed Nair... Do you know how stupid it is to have rapid jabs broken because of that? Or attacks interrupted because apparently, Luigi's Nair eats through everything if it makes contact with your hurtbox. **** all if you have a hitbox out because that's nothing compared to Luigi's Nair. No D-throw combos, no Luigi Cyclone spamming, but just Nair spam, jab spam, Fireballs, and Up and Side Smash spam. Literally mash buttons to beat someone up.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
OMG I'm finnally back!
k stories
I accidentally got my head buzz cutted for not paying attention at a haircut. It's as gross as it sounds. I went and bought a hat for the first time just to hide my ugly scalp.
@ArhyLis talked me into playing dragon's dogma on his xbox. I managed to make him question his humanity with my pawn :secretkpop:

Rizen

Smash Legend
But yeah, DDD and Ganon are pretty bad. Ganon has a really weird following where they say that he's not tr4sh??? Like, they worship him and it kinda scares me. The Ganon mains are the closest to being the second Rosalinda cult.
Except in Ganon players' case it's method acting.

The Sheik was this: spam Needles, run or roll away if you got too close, Down Smash out of shield, Side Smash if you got to close after using an aerial, and Fair.
Sounds like me when I use Sheik except I just f-air their ass if they're too close or I go for f-tilt juggles or a dash grab

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Sounds like me when I use Sheik except I just f-air their *** if they're too close or I go for f-tilt juggles or a dash grab
Do you run away all the time?

Also, apparently, in Brawl, you could spam Dancing Blade to input whatever you wanted. That's different in Melee, PM?, and Smash 4... Thanks, Brawl, for messing with my Dancing Blade usage.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So after watching a full playthrough of FF7 and playing it myself, I think I've come to the conclusion that it is a good game. Maybe even a great one but not quite sure. Bear in mind that 1. I have no Nostalgia and 2. The playthrough I watched was actually decently critical of the game despite also saying it was a good game himself.

Is it overrated? Eh, I certainly can't see why it is the best game or favorite game to some people. There really isn't anything too spectacular about the battle system. Especially without a class system. With the exception of limits, the characters you use don't have much of their own identity in battle.

The materia system is cool that you can customize your character the way you want, but it is also a little bit tedious.

Speaking of tedious, the animations are a little too long. It had the same problem as Pokemon did when it first did 3d where they focused more on how pretty they could make a move look than if it annoyed the player or not. *cough Knights of the Round cough*

But overall it is still fun.
Also Yuffie is best character. Anyone who disagrees is a baka with bad taste. :happysheep:

Anyway, playing FF9 blind now. I actually just beat the boss I had trouble with when I was a very young kid. Enjoying the game so far.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I just had someone say that Greninja's recovery is very punishable in the Duck Hunt MU thread, even compared to their own character

What is life.

Rizen

Smash Legend
So after watching a full playthrough of FF7 and playing it myself, I think I've come to the conclusion that it is a good game. Maybe even a great one but not quite sure. Bear in mind that 1. I have no Nostalgia and 2. The playthrough I watched was actually decently critical of the game despite also saying it was a good game himself.

Is it overrated? Eh, I certainly can't see why it is the best game or favorite game to some people. There really isn't anything too spectacular about the battle system. Especially without a class system. With the exception of limits, the characters you use don't have much of their own identity in battle.

The materia system is cool that you can customize your character the way you want, but it is also a little bit tedious.

Speaking of tedious, the animations are a little too long. It had the same problem as Pokemon did when it first did 3d where they focused more on how pretty they could make a move look than if it annoyed the player or not. *cough Knights of the Round cough*

But overall it is still fun.
Also Yuffie is best character. Anyone who disagrees is a baka with bad taste. :happysheep:

Anyway, playing FF9 blind now. I actually just beat the boss I had trouble with when I was a very young kid. Enjoying the game so far.
As with most games, FFVII was groundbreaking at the time but hasn't aged well. At the time of release it looked really good.
The main draw was the innovative story: Shinra owning the world, corporate corruption and control, good past story bleeding into the present, genetic warfare, killing the planet by mining its lifeforce out and Sephiroth really ****s with your character's head like no other villain. It all comes together nicely too. FFXII was the perfect modern day sci-fi/fantasy hybrid for 1997.

PS Vincent is the best character.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I bring up Aero's site as usual for sources in the neo-CCI thread, someone mentions the difficulty bars (in all fun), I mention Brawl Sonic's render for the Sonic page, ZSS's tab name, and Ebola Back Throw, and someone else has to ruin it by saying Samus is a difficult character to use. @KuroganeHammer, it is now time to make the difficulty bar go backwards to -10 for Samus.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
No one takes MU discussions seriously tbh

So it's all cool
The Rosalinda Cultists believe they win the MU against Wii Fit.

Even with customs on.

It's not like Sweeping Sun Salutation and Jumbo Hoops drag Luma offstage instantly killing it.
OH WAIT, THEY DO

Top Bottom