• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Dunno why, but I've been trying out Mewtwo again. I tried him before and he was very fun to use. But after using him against a friend of mine. He told me not to bother with him.

Mewtwo is an inferior Zelda anyways. :troll:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Afternoon, gorls. So there is a topic on the Samus boards asking if Samus is really the worst character in the game. Everyone was saying Zelda is worse, so of course I had to pop in lay it out for them. I stated that Samus had a better design than Zelda, but the reason why she's worse is that most of her moveset is simply broken and doesn't work properly, meanwhile what didn't work on Zelda got fixed. I implied that once Samus is fixed, she will be very much ahead of Zelda, yet they were still trying to tell me Samus is already better than Zelda and always will be. I'm just over here like: Samus's main flaws are absurd and shouldn't even exist, Zelda's are because of her design. She can actually kill too.

One post in that thread was enough.

Afternoon, gorls. So there is a topic on the Samus boards asking if Samus is really the worst character in the game. Everyone was saying Zelda is worse, so of course I had to pop in lay it out for them. I stated that Samus had a better design than Zelda, but the reason why she's worse is that most of her moveset is simply broken and doesn't work properly, meanwhile what didn't work on Zelda got fixed. I implied that once Samus is fixed, she will be very much ahead of Zelda, yet they were still trying to tell me Samus is already better than Zelda and always will be. I'm just over here like: Samus's main flaws are absurd and shouldn't even exist, Zelda's are because of her design. She can actually kill too.

Zelda worse than Samus?

upload_2015-8-15_15-1-31.jpeg

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Did they receive that Samus vid yet? :troll:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Did they receive that Samus vid yet? :troll:
You mean this one?:
If so, then yes, it was mentioned in the first post.
IDK how Samus players can think she's better than Link.
They're honestly delusional. Reading that thread and seeing their responses hurt me. How can they even live with her the way she is now and think she's okay? I used to have her as a main with Zelda but had to demote her to secondary because she's so bad.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
You mean this one?:
If so, then yes, it was mentioned in the first post.

They're honestly delusional. Reading that thread and seeing their responses hurt me. How can they even live with her the way she is now and think she's okay? I used to have her as a main with Zelda but had to demote her to secondary because she's so bad.
They said that Samus had tools to overcome her flaws
>SAMUS HAVING TOOLS

They said that Zelda has no good MUs
>ZELDA BEATS SAMUS

This is truly supporting my "everyone is delusional except me" theory :secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
GGs @ kenniky kenniky .

You got a really good Shulk and Brawler. Didn't know you secondaried Zard and Falco. I struggled immensely against your Falco. Didn't know what to do against him since I never fought one before.

@ EODM07 EODM07 uh

where did you go
Before our last match I just said to myself "Okay, last game. Then I'm done for tonight." And that was one hell of a way to end it. You read that a mile away.

I could tell I was panicking because I was throwing out Smashes and Spotdodging way too much. And that I was overcommicting by coming in with attacks on your shield. And that I SD'd with Roy by accident as well. :V

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
GGs @ kenniky kenniky .

You got a really good Shulk and Brawler. Didn't know you secondaried Zard and Falco. I struggled immensely against your Falco. Didn't know what to do against him since I never fought one before.

Before our last match I just said to myself "Okay, last game. Then I'm done for tonight." And that was one hell of a way to end it. You read that a mile away.
Those were some good games! Your characters are all pretty good. I'm frankly amazed you can play so many at about the same level, haha.

Falco is kind of a tertiary, and Charizard is a little below that. I just like messing around with Charizard, he's really fun to play.

also that is a top tier taunt message

"where da feet at"
@SBphiloz4

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Those were some good games! Your characters are all pretty good. I'm frankly amazed you can play so many at about the same level, haha.

Falco is kind of a tertiary, and Charizard is a little below that. I just like messing around with Charizard, he's really fun to play.

also that is a top tier taunt message

"where da feet at"
@SBphiloz4
Good to hear. I just used Mewtwo for the heck of it, since I was bored and thought I'd might as well use someone else I never use for the last match. :3

And that taunt message is actually a quote from a chat I go on. And one of the users sometimes greets his friend with "YO _____ WHERE DA FEET AT". So I decided to use it. :yeahboi:

And thanks for the feedback on my characters, I feel like I can improve much more, since I feel like I have some knowledge on how to beat your characters. Whereas when I fight Puff or any of the floaties, I seem to have huge trouble against them. Since I either struggle against their footsies or dunno how to beat them. I'll make sure not to overcommict or come in swinging like a madman.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
People still think Zelda is the worst? Worse than Samus?? Zelda is waaaaay better than Samus. But then again this is coming from the person who thinks Zelda is better than a lot of other Low tiers so...:secretkpop:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I got a Din's KO on a Samus a few days ago.

I used Din's, got hit with a Charge Shot, but the fireball kept going and somehow KO'd them.

WORTH. IT.
Zelda Samus 100:0

Funny thing is that almost every time I actually hit with the move, I sourspot it. I'm bad at aiming.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm bad at aiming.
It probably isn't you being bad at aiming

The move like, tries to be inconsistent and ridiculous. One day you're sour spotting on a resting Jiggs, the next day you're sweet spotting a fox mid side B.

NOT TO MENTION IT GOT A SIZE NERF IN 1.0.6 LOL HOW.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I need help with Zelda's recovery. Its so weird.
It's a bit weird at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's very good.

So when Zelda teleports in the air, she'll follow any walls she comes across. This is to stop her from getting stuck under stage lips like in Brawl. When she follows the wall, she'll go in the direction that has the bigger angle. For example, you Teleport diagonally up to the ledge on FD. The bigger angle is where Zelda will go (Zelda being the vertex).

I hope that made some sense, lol.
Is down tilt to up tilt reliable? Like at early %'s?
Yes, but fast fallers might be able to land and shield the Utilt. In that case, a grab or another Dtilt will work.

Ok rereading my Farore's description made me realize that it makes absolutely no sense at all. Welp I tried

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Quick update:

Didn't make it out of pools in Melee despite coming 4th

And I crashed & burned in Melee Doubles

But

I MADE IT OUT OF PM SINGLES POOLS BY COMING 2ND, WINNING ALL MY MATCHES 2-0 WITH ONLY DROPPING ONE SET 0-2

And I don't even play PM LOL

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
You know a character board is insane when an OBVIOUS bottom tier, is thought mid tier, by everyone there.
Actually only like one guy thinks Samus is mid tier. Most think low/bottom tier. We aren't delusional and we don't pretend like Samus is competitively viable as a character (except as a Luigi counter pick). The reason we are so touchy is because people come to our boards and say stupid stuff that shows they are trying to play Samus like their main and are failing miserably, or they are posting their opinion on a character they have barely used/don't understand. Or they make arguments that sound a heck of a lot like the stuff you all posted on Eventhubs during your raid as a joke, except people say it non-jokingly. Samus doesn't play similarly to any other character, so unless you really put in the time I understand why you would think she would have her own tier at the bottom. But she really isn't the worst.

I would seriously ask that people watch Samus gameplay though

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Actually only like one guy thinks Samus is mid tier. Most think low/bottom tier. We aren't delusional and we don't pretend like Samus is competitively viable as a character (except as a Luigi counter pick). The reason we are so touchy is because people come to our boards and say stupid stuff that shows they are trying to play Samus like their main and are failing miserably, or they are posting their opinion on a character they have barely used/don't understand. Or they make arguments that sound a heck of a lot like the stuff you all posted on Eventhubs during your raid as a joke, except people say it non-jokingly. Samus doesn't play similarly to any other character, so unless you really put in the time I understand why you would think she would have her own tier at the bottom. But she really isn't the worst.

I would seriously ask that people watch Samus gameplay though
I don't think she deserves her own tier but I can't see how she's better than Zelda. I've seen ChozoX and Jonny Westside, the two top samus'. They show that she can be good but again what character can't. I just think that she doesn't have enough tools to cover up her MANY weaknesses and flaws.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
I don't think she deserves her own tier but I can't see how she's better than Zelda. I've seen ChozoX and Jonny Westside, the two top samus'. They show that she can be good but again what character can't. I just think that she doesn't have enough tools to cover up her MANY weaknesses and flaws.
I don't think ChozoX demonstrates Samus well or is really a top Samus when compared with KayJay, AfroSmash, Xyro, maybe Esam. Most of the top Samuses right now are European, so we get bad rep at nationals for sure. Anyway

When I play as Samus the only glaring flaws I encounter are a bad grab, a bad jab, and poor landing options. These are MAJOR flaws (enough to make her low tier), but I honestly believe she has things that make up for the other flaws people always list.

For instance, as Zeldas, you all are accustomed to being very close to your opponent before using dash attack. If you try to do this with Samus, it will whiff and you will think dash attack is a bad move. It isn't; it's actually pretty good. It crosses up shields and is a huge combo starter. And I promise you if you learn the hitbox placement it will never whiff.

Edit: As far as Samus being better than Zelda, idk. I play both characters and they are so different that I don't think they can really be compared. I don't think Zelda is the worst, I don't think Samus is the worst... I said earlier I though tSamus was better but I'm not so sure now that I've thought more about it. Samus is more relevant as a whole competitively IMO, though, because she is a counterpick for a Luigi and Ness and doesn't have horrible MUs except for Sheik, Pikachu, Fox, and MK. Zelda isn't really a strong counterpick, though she also doesn't have horrible MUs. so IDK, overall I don't think one is noticeably better than the other.

Last edited:
Top Bottom