• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Melee Zelda was pretty much Fair/Bair/Dsmash her other moves are literally worse than Kirby and Pichu's moves. Even then she was considered better than a third of the cast because muh Muhley. But I honestly think Zelda is bottom 3 in that game, just better than Bowser and Kirby.

... I realized that I think Zelda is bottom 3 is every game she has appeared in smh :^(
penisism pessimism continues in every game

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Well got knocked out in pools by smashgods rosalina. First match I went pit and accidentally used side b instead of up b, next match I went Zelda and lost.

Still fun though, got me a copy of majoras mask, and got to see nairo which is cool, let's see if he'll take the tournament

Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Well got knocked out in pools by smashgods rosalina. First match I went pit and accidentally used side b instead of up b, next match I went Zelda and lost.

Still fun though, got me a copy of majoras mask, and got to see nairo which is cool, let's see if he'll take the tournament
Definitely cheering for Nairo. Sucks to hear you drowned in pools though.

As I cried myself to sleep last night, I died when saw that in brawl Zelda's Nair dealt 13% and had 12 frames of landing lag. In melee, Nair's FAF was 42 instead of 50 with 18 frames of landing lag. Nair in sm4sh as a move by itself is the worst in the smash series. If Zelda had brawl or Melee's nair in this game, it would be an improvement.
Well they already said this I want to as well. :^)

Melee's Nair could have 9 frames of Landing lag if you L-cancelled it, which sounds AMAZING compared to Smash 4's and it is. However, I would rather trade that lag over for a move that can auto-cancel from a shorthop, that can hit something, that can have follow ups, and that has a use other than looking pretty.

That's a weird way to spell Zelda smh
Zelda has a good f-air and b-air tho ;^)

Auto-reticule is so situational though. Idk how to optimize my usage of it. It kinda sucks that Palutena's d-tilt comes out at frame 14 but at least the end lag isn't that huge (17 frames, I think??)

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
Melee Zelda was pretty much Fair/Bair/Dsmash her other moves are literally worse than Kirby and Pichu's moves. Even then she was considered better than a third of the cast because muh Muhley. But I honestly think Zelda is bottom 3 in that game, just better than Bowser and Kirby.

... I realized that I think Zelda is bottom 3 is every game she has appeared in smh :^(
Melee Zelda's down B puts her above 80% of the cast imo hehehe. Her down B indefinitely gives her so much buffs, it's as if she's an all-new character :secretkpop:

Also, hai gorls!! Haven't posted in ages! Can I just say that I totally missed all of you sisterns!

Just came from a Smashual party of friendlies and seriouslies thrown for players of my local area. Today might have helped a bit in getting me out of the cold streak/slump I've been stuck in lately. We had tons of round robins and I did well with :4link::4myfriends::4greninja::4zelda::4zss::4darkpit: and most notably :4shulk: since my progress has finally been showing after SERIOUSLY picking him up. I have made @ Berserker. Berserker. baka-chan proud. Beat the best Mega Man around my region with Monado Boy. I also beat the best Yoshi in the country here with both Link and Zamus. I went 2-2 with @ Berserker. Berserker. 's Shulk using Link. It sucks having to switch to a Pro controller when I play on a Wii U since I mainly own Sm4sh on 3DS and lol my L and R buttons are mushy and the circlepad rubber is gone. I can't seem to bombslide anywhere nearly as often and good as I do on 3DS with. I end up doing spin attack or a random boomerang toss instead even if I replicate what I do on 3DS with the pro controller. Given my 3DS' current state of quality, I'd rather not use it as a controller. I also don't have the kind of precision to soft throw with Link without a C-stick :/

Anyways I think I did pretty okay for an overall performance today. I got some pretty sick hail mary meteors with Link and Shulk.

Even went on a Zelda ditto and did a sick D-Throw => N-Air => D-Air => falling N-Air => Zeldavator for a kill which I totally SHOULD'VE recorded
BAN•ZELDA

Last edited:
@ berserker00 berserker00

Your Shulk is great. Surprisingly a lot better than I expected. Lol. You need to go on smash art more often though. As risky as it sounds, you just need to land the safe options (ironically, I don't do this a lot because I keep forgetting about it lol)

Anyway, I went to a ****load of friendlies along with him. Went mostly :4palutena:. Used :4shulk: sometimes but I think he was my least used character because I was in a mood to mess around with other characters. I used :4sheik::4fox::4mario: only because people wanted match-up experience. My :4charizard: was crap but I feel like he's a bit of a one-trick pony sometimes. Maybe I was just bad with him, I guess. Don't feel like talking about my :4littlemac: because my Mac is trash ;-;

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
As I cried myself to sleep last night, I died when saw that in brawl Zelda's Nair dealt 13% and had 12 frames of landing lag. In melee, Nair's FAF was 42 instead of 50 with 18 frames of landing lag. Nair in sm4sh as a move by itself is the worst in the smash series. If Zelda had brawl or Melee's nair in this game, it would be an improvement.
Melee Nair is ****ing garbage except maybe in V1.0 where's it's probably just bad lol

Sm4sh Nair is a godsend in comparison.
IDK gorl, Brawl Nair could drag people into Usmash when autocancelled. even though it was rare that it was fresh imagine if we could do that now with consistent reliability? lightweights be scared, except Peach cause she refuses to let Zelda win without working hard. damn @EOE :secretkpop:

I tried to think of a well done argument to this that SSB4's NAir is fine.

But honestly it's mostly good tradeoffs with Brawl NAir. SSB4's NAir has larger side multihit hitboxes, at least. :p

That said I firmly believe Sakurai will not do retrogressive designs for patches and go back to Brawl designs intentionally. We need to accept this fact better (I mean this at lots of Zeldas.) That's why we need to say goodbye to Brawl's Zelda everything.

It's not like these patches haven't made some of our moves arguably better, or brought them closer to new utilities. Jab in particular is 90% better than Brawl's Jab, and UAir never had sub 20 frame landing lag. (Albiet 19 frames...)

Also you DON'T want Melee NAir data. On the outside it looks fine, but it was a shameful and terrible move with tiny hitboxes and it never connected. Besides that landing lag is only 1 frame better. Sure its FAF was good but that was pretty much it.

I am also annoyed how every smash game reduces the number of hits her multihit attacks do. Nayru's from Melee > Brawl > Smash 4 went 6 > 5 > 4 in hits, and NAir lost one hit (And subsequently some of its hit duration) when brought to Brawl. Usmash went from 12 > 11 > 8. That bothers me less tbh because th hits are still spread over roughly the same length, so there wasn't a real duration loss.

Can you imagine if NAir still did do 6 hits, but the only change was 1 more multi hit? That would be pretty neat. Damage would be 8/13%, it would release opponents later our of SH NAir possible allowing more different followups, it would cover her longer too.
i will never forget when Dtilt>BYE(utilt) was a thing and Dins in the middle of nowhere stabbed people :secretkpop:

Melee Nair was terrible even Lcancel aside it was mostly just a spiny light show Zelda could do if she felt like wasting time lol.

Melee Zelda was what smash4 Palutena is, but smash4 Pally has customs to jank up her 3 moves and reach mid tier...i see the connection now Sakurai :zeldamelee:+:troll:=:4palutena:

i'm fine with being the bottom if its fun, no one wants to be on bottom and its not fun. Brawl Zelda had her moments and smash4 Zeldawful is getting to the fun part of being on the bottom. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Somebody in the ladder's chat just said that competitive players are the only people who buy Smash and complains that Nintendo is making the game casual.

Why is that chat so dumb.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. Just had myself a Chinese Takeaway for my dinner, and I finally got my Shulk & Zelda amiibos. :yeahboi:

I should play a few matches and learn some MUs as well. Since I know that my MUs against rushdown characters are beyond help. :V

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Random Zelda 'discovery' we were under the impression that full charged Phantom did 11.5 + 13.0 (So, 2 uses in training did 49%.)

After some tests making only each hit hit alone multiple times in a row, their damages are actually 11.4 + 13.4 = 24.8%. strange, but technically 0.3% better than we thought :secretkpop: afaik it shouldn't have been altered in any patch.

I think I'll test the customs too. We never knew if they had any decimal percents.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
If :4zelda:is bottom tier than this game is balan---I can't even lie.

Triangle of "Balance"
:4sheik:
:rosalina::4pikachu:
:4dedede::4mewtwo::4zelda:
:4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I just lost to a Samus in the ladder.

A Samus that just kept spamming Screw Attack, Missiles and Charge Shots.

And I lost

I'm gonna go hang myself.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Princess Zelda.

Bottom on the tier list streets

Top inside in the waifu sheets
:secretkpop:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
If :4zelda:is bottom tier than this game is balan---I can't even lie.

Triangle of "Balance"
:4sheik:
:rosalina::4pikachu:
:4dedede::4mewtwo::4zelda:
:4samus::4samus::4samus::4samus:
If it's anything with the word balance and Wii Fit Trainer isn't there, it's not right. Wii Fit Trainer has WAAAAAAY more balance than any other character!

Darktundra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jokton
Marth boards keep begging for brawl double fair. My friend tried to state why Marth should have it then I said that Zelda lightning kicks should be similar to falcon's knee (no spacing just land the first frame.) and should have Brawl's IASA with melee's landing lag. It was then he stopped.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Is it ironic or a sign that @Lythero made this the same day I got my Shulk Amiibo? :V

Funny that F-Zero got an anime. But Xenoblade never had one. :troll:
Heck, Legend of Zelda had some Manga as well.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I love Smashladder

My opponent counterpicked to Delfino and I used the stage against him by spamming dair in the water and using Phantom to hit through walls (just like Spirit Tracks :^) ) and the conversation after our set followed

Epitome of salt: "that was the most horse**** game ever"
me: "ggs"
Epitome of salt: "grow up"

BAN•ZELDA :secretkpop:

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I love Smashladder

My opponent counterpicked to Delfino and I used the stage against him by spamming dair in the water and using Phantom to hit through walls (just like Spirit Tracks :^) ) and the conversation after our set followed

I love it when they act like that. I remember someone got mad at me on Super MNC ages ago because I was intrigued by one class. He pretty much made a Mom joke, I told him to calm down and come up with better material. The response:

"grow up"
Me: "Says the guy who is acting like a child."
"what's that suppose to mean"

:yeahboi:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I love Smashladder

Why do you guys get the interesting people? I only get people that say the basics "I'm hosting", "gg" etc lol.

Also top 100 with Lucas yeee~

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
People in my region are talking tiers again oh my

A guy says ZSS is very far from top tier because her paralyzer, tilts, smashes, and boost kick suck

Apparently a frame 4 UpB is laggy I guess *shrug*

Top Bottom