• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
My favorite thing about that video might be the music that plays. It's so perfect.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
If he wants more ideas about Shulk, I can help him with that :)

I think you can tell him how Zard works (Rage and ****, lol)
For sure. Yeah I can generally help him with Zard and Doc, but Shulk is kind of an enigma for me (same with Marth/Lucina, they just feel weird).

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I would like to point out how cool I am for appropriately using the subjunctive mood in the following sentence:

"It wouldn't be as big of a deal if he were heavier."

The phrase "if he were heavier" uses "were" instead of "was" because it's subjunctive. It's rare in English. If anyone knows what it is without looking it up first, they're cool too.

Oh and I keep forgetting things to tell Spritzee about Game & Watch. He does actually have a strong aerial: UAir. Unfortunately the way the move works, it's hard to kill with it unless you land the first hit just right (so it properly links into the second) or you read an airdodge into the second hit.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I would like to point out how cool I am for appropriately using the subjunctive mood in the following sentence:

The phrase "if he were heavier" uses "were" instead of "was" because it's subjunctive. It's rare in English. If anyone knows what it is without looking it up first, they're cool too.
I only know what subjunctive is because of Latin, lol

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
@ Macchiato Macchiato I have a good friend of mine from Middle School/High School, going to SmashCon. He's a Link Main by the tag "Rooky". He's awesome. If by some reason you run in to him, annoy him. Feel free to say, "LOCUAN DID IT."

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
BUT SHE'S INCREDIBLY FILTHY AND HOT AND EROTIC AND--

Plus, the guy called out my Zelda so I guess I'll stick with her.

As ven said before, Dedede vs Zelda isn't that bad of a MU at all, so I might fight it out. And this is from a guy who thinks Samus is Zelda's only favourable MU.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
~ 2200 PAGES ~

☆2200 POINTS OF SASS MAKES ANY MATCHUP FAVOURABLE FOR US☆

BAN•ZELDA

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
BUT SHE'S INCREDIBLY FILTHY AND HOT AND EROTIC AND--

Plus, the guy called out my Zelda so I guess I'll stick with her.

As ven said before, Dedede vs Zelda isn't that bad of a MU at all, so I might fight it out. And this is from a guy who thinks Samus is Zelda's only favourable MU.
use Zelderly and say its "Zelda"

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
Gorls that got me thinking.
What are Samus' favorable matchups?
I'd say that her only plausible favorable matchup is Ganondorf due to her ability to pester him with projectiles and gimp him due to his poor recovery. Other heavies like Bowser are too hard to gimp due to buffed recoveries and her poor killing potential.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Imagine if Ven didn't use one of the terrible characters.

Think if he mained Rosa or Zss, he'd be unstoppable.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just finished the main Story of RCR DX, just need to find all of the collectables now, then I'll have 100% completed. And I just had my breakfast, and I'll be trying to do some University work.

Gotta do research of certain Artists and how they inspired other people today. :V

Imagine if Ven didn't use one of the terrible characters.

Think if he mained Rosa or Zss, he'd be unstoppable.
Would he be able to dethrone ZeRo though? (Still, 33rd place is still good for Zelda. Maybe next time we'll see Zelda get further in tournaments.)

Me whenever I tell myself to practice some more Smash to get gud.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Just a reminder: if you can vote, do vote.

(I've got to stop arguing with whiny political nihilists in youtube comments)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788

Oh and I keep forgetting things to tell Spritzee about Game & Watch. He does actually have a strong aerial: UAir. Unfortunately the way the move works, it's hard to kill with it unless you land the first hit just right (so it properly links into the second) or you read an airdodge into the second hit.
The subjunctive mood is way easier to use in French. I kinda understand it in English, but not fully because we never use it (however, it's very common in French).

Yeah, I was aware about the second hit of uair, but it's pretty difficult to land. It kills decently early, which is good.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Guacamelee (indie game on E-shop) is really fun. If you miss adventure mode in SSB4 it's a good substitute.

Darktundra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jokton
As I cried myself to sleep last night, I died when saw that in brawl Zelda's Nair dealt 13% and had 12 frames of landing lag. In melee, Nair's FAF was 42 instead of 50 with 18 frames of landing lag. Nair in sm4sh as a move by itself is the worst in the smash series. If Zelda had brawl or Melee's nair in this game, it would be an improvement.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
As I cried myself to sleep last night, I died when saw that in brawl Zelda's Nair dealt 13% and had 12 frames of landing lag. In melee, Nair's FAF was 42 instead of 50 with 18 frames of landing lag. Nair in sm4sh as a move by itself is the worst in the smash series. If Zelda had brawl or Melee's nair in this game, it would be an improvement.
Melee Nair is ****ing garbage except maybe in V1.0 where's it's probably just bad lol

Sm4sh Nair is a godsend in comparison.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I tried to think of a well done argument to this that SSB4's NAir is fine.

But honestly it's mostly good tradeoffs with Brawl NAir. SSB4's NAir has larger side multihit hitboxes, at least. :p

That said I firmly believe Sakurai will not do retrogressive designs for patches and go back to Brawl designs intentionally. We need to accept this fact better (I mean this at lots of Zeldas.) That's why we need to say goodbye to Brawl's Zelda everything.

It's not like these patches haven't made some of our moves arguably better, or brought them closer to new utilities. Jab in particular is 90% better than Brawl's Jab, and UAir never had sub 20 frame landing lag. (Albiet 19 frames...)

Also you DON'T want Melee NAir data. On the outside it looks fine, but it was a shameful and terrible move with tiny hitboxes and it never connected. Besides that landing lag is only 1 frame better. Sure its FAF was good but that was pretty much it.

I am also annoyed how every smash game reduces the number of hits her multihit attacks do. Nayru's from Melee > Brawl > Smash 4 went 6 > 5 > 4 in hits, and NAir lost one hit (And subsequently some of its hit duration) when brought to Brawl. Usmash went from 12 > 11 > 8. That bothers me less tbh because th hits are still spread over roughly the same length, so there wasn't a real duration loss.

Can you imagine if NAir still did do 6 hits, but the only change was 1 more multi hit? That would be pretty neat. Damage would be 8/13%, it would release opponents later our of SH NAir possible allowing more different followups, it would cover her longer too.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Melee Zelda was pretty much Fair/Bair/Dsmash her other moves are literally worse than Kirby and Pichu's moves. Even then she was considered better than a third of the cast because muh Muhley. But I honestly think Zelda is bottom 3 in that game, just better than Bowser and Kirby.

... I realized that I think Zelda is bottom 3 is every game she has appeared in smh :^(

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
Zelda's down b was pretty good in Melee. Who else had a down B that turned them into a top tier character?

Seriously though, part of me thinks that Zelda is 19th instead of lower because of how she can transform into Sheik.

Top Bottom